Started on: 02-14-2021 06:25 PM
Replies: 9 (120 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 02-15-2021 01:26 PM
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2021 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Mother wanted a nice family photo for her wall last Christmas so I dug one out and sent it to her in an 8x10 size. The original photo is a beach shot of my family when my youngest son got married. This photo is in a landscape format but my Mother now wants it in a portriat format to match the other family photos. The image I have is digital and saved in a .jpg format. Can what I need done be accomplished with appropriate software and if so what do I need?

I would even gladly pay someone to do this for me so I do not need to purchase and learn a new program for this one time use. Please get back to me if you can help out on either the software recommendation or do the actual transformation from landsacape to potrait while maintaining the 8x10 size.

Nelson
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2021 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageClick Here to Email BlacktreeSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would just tell mom to get over it.

That said, is there enough "unimportant" space on the sides to crop it down to portrait format? If not, then you'll need to add dead space above and below the photo.
theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2021 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can do it for free on Paint, your phone (native photos apps should be able to do this), or plenty of websites that will do it for free.

You should not pay anyone or any software to crop an image.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2021 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM Nelson.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 553
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2021 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The picture likely have people on left and right and if kept you picture likely have to shrink to same frame in Portrait.
So you have to have "letterbox" top and bottom in any Portrait frame or squeeze sides cause whole thing looking very "wrong."

yes, many free software will do this.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

rbell2915

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Click Here to Email rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll probably have to crop the photo and use a cloning tool to extend the sky upward and the ground downward.
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really need to see the photo, it can be done mauve. Someone sid extended sky, I don't think they considered it being inside.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can't extend the image vertically in an aesthetically pleasing way, consider adding information, text and/or graphics above and bellow.

a tittle above: "Sunova Beach - 1903"

names bellow: Auntie Grizelda, Crazy Uncle Rudolph, Eric Von Zipper, the Bunker twins, Rex the Wonder Dog

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsClick Here to Email hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Really need to see the photo, it can be done mauve. Someone sid extended sky, I don't think they considered it being inside.

Photo is in daylight, outside, and on the beach in the Dominican Republic. If you ignore my ugly mug, the rest of the people look good.

Nelson
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit..........emailed the modified photo back to you.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-15-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock