Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Stellantis shows its hand today (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Stellantis shows its hand today (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram) by htexans1
Started on: 02-12-2021 11:05 PM
Replies: 9 (227 views)
Last post by: Monkeyman on 02-15-2021 10:17 AM
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stellantis showed its plans for the US market in a short briefing today (Feb 12)

Chrysler survives. Trend setter, technology leader. All models available as full electric or gas powered ICE versions. (your choice)

JEEP and RAM survive, continue as normal (trucks and four by four SUVs) All models to be available in electric or ICE versions. (you choose which)

An electric Wrangler, this I have to see...

DODGE remains as "performance division" SRT next generation begins shortly. Hellcats continue.

All models available as electric or ICE versions (your choice)

NOTE: Electric models to get special "V8 sound effects" [Electric Challenger, Charger and 300 models]

Peugeot will not be coming to US shores, as Stallantis says "its hands are full in the US market."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/a...-peugeot/ar-BB1dzYXq
If you have problems "down there" see your doctor about Stellantis. LOL!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

NOTE: Electric models to get special "V8 sound effects" [Electric Challenger, Charger and 300 models]

Self deception reaches a whole new level.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2021 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are they going to bring back those fake cell phone antennas from the 80's ?
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Are they going to bring back those fake cell phone antennas from the 80's ?

That is hilarious! I have to admit- I have never heard an electric vehicle that sounded good in any way.....But piping fake sound out through speakers is just sad. "The louder you are, the cooler.".......Just ask the Harley riders!

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 02-13-2021).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always thought that "artificial" engine noises were bogus. To include the Mustang (and others) having a pipe that goes from the intake ducting into the interior. Gimme an effing break.
Personally, I think a car as fast as a Hellcat, that makes absolutely no noise, except for the "whoosh" - and the shockwave - when it flies past at 180 MPH or so, would be quite cool.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone with a loud exhaust or loud stereo fits the "Peacock" definition.....The louder you are, the lower your self-esteem.......
In their defense, I will admit to coming back to the marina in my jet boat, and if I see other hot boaters or wake-boarders (With their bazooka speakers) I get into an argument with my right hand on the throttle.....(It tells me "Vroom-vroom" and I tell it that that is a stupid reaction- I HAVE good esteem......(Right...)

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 02-13-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2021 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Years ago (mid-80's, before even the Fiero) I had a BMW 320i. Plastic fan cracked and they wanted a ridiculous amount for a factory replacement, so I went to the performance shop and got a steel flex-fan for 20 or 30 bucks. That car sounded like a turbine going down the road.
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2021 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They could rebadge Peugeots as Chryslers.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wanted one as a seven year old:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzGqY2zHuSo
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I have always thought that "artificial" engine noises were bogus.

Actually, sir, that DOES make sense in a way. EVs are quiet other than the sound of the tires on the pavement. Quite a few localities/states/etc have mandated that an electric vehicle gives off some sound, especially below a certain speed (35ish, if I remember correctly). This makes pedestrians aware that there's a vehicle. Also handy for the visually impaired. LOUD isn't what their after, though.

Personally, I think a car as fast as a Hellcat, that makes absolutely no noise, except for the "whoosh" - and the shockwave - when it flies past at 180 MPH or so, would be quite cool.

That would be called a Tesla S. (I'd prefer one in the Plaid variety, if anyone's giving them away. Just sayin'.)

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 02-15-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock