2021 USMC Marksmanship Competition by rbell2915
Started on: 02-12-2021 09:04 PM
Replies: 18 (314 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 03-08-2021 09:55 PM
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I'll be taking part in the competition next month, Dates are March 22 through April 2. Should be a great experience.

Here's a video from a few years ago.

[This message has been edited by rbell2915 (edited 02-12-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck in your endeavor.

I like to think that I can shoot, but I'm reallly just a rank amateur. (Never been in service, though, so there ya' go.)
Going to build an outdoor range, down here, so maybe some day...

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-12-2021).]

rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Good luck in your endeavor.

I like to think that I can shoot, but I'm reallly just a rank amateur. (Never been in service, though, so there ya' go.)
Going to build an outdoor range, down here, so maybe some day...

Thanks! The top 10% of Marines are being invited to the Championships at Quantico but even if I did make it, I wouldn't be able to do it since I'm already using my annual training for this.

In early March my unit is doing a two day shoot with some MARSOC Marines so I'm sure I'll get quite a bit of practice in for an edge over everyone else.

I keep telling my buddy from boot camp (he's a Green Beret now) that when he retires we should open our own outdoor range and I'm sure we'd make a killing running some classes.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once, at Ft Riley, we hosted the Army Marksman championship. I think that's what it was called.
I was assigned as a Range Safety Officer. I witnessed some of the most remarkable marksmanship I could ever imagine.

There were snipers there that could put multiple rounds center mass of a coke can at a mile's range. Un-fricken believable!

I was frankly amazed. I thought I was a good marksman but these shooters were simply outstanding. And, that was long before the advanced weapons they have now.
Let us know how you do.

Rams
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Once, at Ft Riley, we hosted the Army Marksman championship. I think that's what it was called.
I was assigned as a Range Safety Officer. I witnessed some of the most remarkable marksmanship I could ever imagine.

There were snipers there that could put multiple rounds center mass of a coke can at a mile's range. Un-fricken believable!

I was frankly amazed. I thought I was a good marksman but these shooters were simply outstanding. And, that was long before the advanced weapons they have now.
Let us know how you do.

Rams

I'll be sure to let everyone know. I shot a 392/400 on the pistol range last year, hopefully I can pull that off again.

I know the competition will be pretty stiff.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not really the same thing but similar in some ways.

I have a nephew that was on the Army's Archery team. I guess that's what it was called. Once visiting us in KY, I walked to the edge of our yard (about 300 feet from where we were standing) and placed a dollar bill on a slight embankment and fence. From that distance, he put three arrows through George's head. I was impressed.

Rams
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Not really the same thing but similar in some ways.

I have a nephew that was on the Army's Archery team. I guess that's what it was called. Once visiting us in KY, I walked to the edge of our yard (about 300 feet from where we were standing) and placed a dollar bill on a slight embankment and fence. From that distance, he put three arrows through George's head. I was impressed.

Rams

Nowhere near that good with a bow even using modern equipment. I shot competition (mostly small bore) with periods of large bore competition when available for more than 25 years. My best ever claim to marksmanship was in the late 60s when I shot in a combined USN/USMC Sec Nav match and managed a top ten finish in the national competition using iron sights.

Nelson
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Nowhere near that good with a bow even using modern equipment. I shot competition (mostly small bore) with periods of large bore competition when available for more than 25 years. My best ever claim to marksmanship was in the late 60s when I shot in a combined USN/USMC Sec Nav match and managed a top ten finish in the national competition using iron sights.

Nelson

That’s pretty damn good, better than I ever was and I thought I was pretty good.

Rams
D3M6B

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D3M6BSend a Private Message to D3M6BEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When was in the navy. I was on the on the Navy Pie eating team.

In the all service competition. I finished 3.14159
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D3M6B:

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We all have a claim to fame. Congrats!!!

Rams
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2021 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:
Looks like I'll be taking part in the competition next month, Dates are March 22 through April 2. Should be a great experience.

Are you a target, or a shooter ?

Congrats and luck, wishes, skill, and self confidence.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2021 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Here are some photos from the training MARSOC was giving us on Wednesday and Thursday. I learned a lot and I'm grateful for the opportunity to be there. I'm looking forward to putting what I've learned into practice at the competition later this month.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2021 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NM...I need ne glasses. You already had it.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 03-05-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-05-2021 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
NM
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2021 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lolzio

OP GL in the comp.

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems average Marine is not average cop. After doing competition against dozens of cops. Finally one guy was better. He was on a collection of local police, swat, county police, state team, and competes nationally. I said ok, that makes sense but, what else. He said, "I was on the Olympic Shooting team".
When getting a security guard gun card, out shot the Marine. He was number 2, he also brought his own gun.

To be able to do the Competition as part of your job, to compete against others that are going to be great to amazing shooters, just know you are super lucky in the eyes of many people that enjoy shooting.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2021 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Giving cops guns is always a bad idea....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/can...-fire-hall-1.5541302

https://globalnews.ca/news/...-hall-shooting-rcmp/

"Hey, Bro...Yeh I know its a fire station, and I know we havent got a clue what we are shooting at, but lets light that ****er up anyway !"

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2021 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have fun and shoot straight

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock