Started on: 02-11-2021 11:52 PM
Replies: 13 (209 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 02-13-2021 05:59 AM
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Montreal based Bombardier is discontinuing production
Of the Learjet line of business jets at the end of the year. 1800
Jobs are expected to be lost. (The drive) reports

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/202...ate-plane/index.html

Bill Lear was also the designer who created the 8track which was
Also used in early Lear jets. 🙂
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bill Lear with early Learjet.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Named one of his daughters Shanda Lear..
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Air Force C21

The funny thing is... I thought I was going to read that celebrities were trying to be more green and fly commercial more. Now I read that in fact, celebrities are choosing to buy bigger and larger planes...

If anyone here doesn't see the sheer hypocrisy... then you're an idiot.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I was going to own or fly a fixed wing AC, the Lear would be my preferred choice.

When I get one, I'll be sure to let you all know. It'll be right after they announce my name as a lottery winner.

Rams
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

If I was going to own or fly a fixed wing AC, the Lear would be my preferred choice.

When I get one, I'll be sure to let you all know. It'll be right after they announce my name as a lottery winner.

Rams

I've had the opportunity to fly on a few of them. You can actually fit 7 passengers... the 7th seat is the toilet, but it does have a seat-belt, and a cushion that goes on top of the lid. I would not want to be that guy.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I've had the opportunity to fly on a few of them. You can actually fit 7 passengers... the 7th seat is the toilet, but it does have a seat-belt, and a cushion that goes on top of the lid. I would not want to be that guy.

Oh, I don't know. Depending on who the pilot was, you might want to be near the toilet.

Rams
htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lear 75 while pretty large is no Global Cruiser or Citation X by any means.

With the 737, 777, and even the A380 available as "business jets" it's no wonder the Lear is being canceled.

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 02-12-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

The lear 75 while pretty large is no Global Cruiser or Citation X by any means.

With the 737, 777, and even the A380 available as "business jets" it's no wonder the Lear is being canceled.

Oh, I don't pretend to not understand why, I'm just espousing my opinion of what I'd rather fly.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I rode in one the Navy had leased, I believe it was around 1978. Flew from the old naval air station near Oakland (Alameda I think) to New Orleans La on emergency leave. It was a nice trip. There were only 3 of us. 2 lt birds and myself.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I rode in one the Navy had leased, I believe it was around 1978. Flew from the old naval air station near Oakland (Alameda I think) to New Orleans La on emergency leave. It was a nice trip. There were only 3 of us. 2 lt birds and myself.

See there, I knew you were "special" or, maybe the correct term is important.
Yeah, I know, emergency leave is a special situation. But, I still think you're "special".

Rams
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only reason I made the flight was emergency leave.
I sat in a seat away from the ossifers and slept almost the whole flight.
It was a very quiet aircraft.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I worked flight line at an airport, I befriended a netjets pilot who kept returning to our airport. One day I joked about a ride to Houston.

2 weeks later that same pilot asked if I was working one wednesday. I told him "no." He said be here at 8 am sharp.

I showed up and got a solo ride in a learjet 45 to Houston and back to where I worked the next day.

What a ride!

When I returned, my boss was working flight line. He was totally taken aback when I stepped out of the Learjet on my home trip.

My gracious that was awesome!
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

When I worked flight line at an airport, I befriended a netjets pilot who kept returning to our airport. One day I joked about a ride to Houston.

2 weeks later that same pilot asked if I was working one wednesday. I told him "no." He said be here at 8 am sharp.

I showed up and got a solo ride in a learjet 45 to Houston and back to where I worked the next day.

What a ride!

When I returned, my boss was working flight line. He was totally taken aback when I stepped out of the Learjet on my home trip.

My gracious that was awesome!

Just goes to show, a lot of what happens in life is all about who you know. Good story!

Rams

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock