Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Chiefs or Bucs 2021 Super Bowl Champs? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Chiefs or Bucs 2021 Super Bowl Champs? by blackrams
Started on: 02-07-2021 10:06 AM
Replies: 51 (694 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 03-02-2021 09:03 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm picking KC Chiefs as winning today's game. I think they are the best team overall, position by position and with superior coaching.
The Bucs are very good, just not as good.

Which team do you think is best?

Rams
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2021 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alabama. Pro football is a freak show.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm rooting for little squares not yet chosen on a paper grid.

I am not a football fan and it seems that KC is the wise choice, but if I had to choose, my loyalty would remain within the state that I called home in my youth.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm predicting the team with the most points after the game is over will be the winner. Note: I've predicted this correctly EVERY time. I've NEVER been wrong. Ever.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

I'm predicting the team with the most points after the game is over will be the winner. Note: I've predicted this correctly EVERY time. I've NEVER been wrong. Ever.

Sir,
You are starting to sound like a politician.

Rams

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tough choice. The Kansas City Football Team vs the Tampa Bay Football Team.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heads I win, tails you lose.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Sir,
You are starting to sound like a politician.

Rams

I'd be the best sort of politician. I'd be one who wouldn't want the job and wouldn't care about which party was in power.
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The line is 3.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, the first half sure hasn't been much fun for us KC fans.

Rams
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
56 on the over.

What was that car?
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002
190SL W121

No idea why it needed to exist in this show, but beautiful.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Taunting? What kind of nonsense.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TB dominated KC's offense. That and their running game kept KC off the field.

TB's Defense (as a whole) should have won MVP.
Congrats to TB.
BTW, the half time show was a bust IMO.

Rams
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

<snip>
BTW, the half time show was a bust IMO.

Rams

Janet Jackson show up again?

(o)(o)

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Janet Jackson show up again?

(o)(o)

Don't think so, I excused myself about half way through it to grab some Strawberry Upside Down Cake. BTW, it was absolutely wonderful.

Rams
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't think so, I excused myself about half way through it to grab some Strawberry Upside Down Cake. BTW, it was absolutely wonderful.
Rams

In my admittedly disinterested opinion, you didn't miss anything. The game was not won, it was lost. It was a blowout. I watch because it is a social event.

The ads were unimpressive and I'm pretty sure the half time show was produced by a twelve year old.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

In my admittedly disinterested opinion, you didn't miss anything. The game was not won, it was lost. It was a blowout. I watch because it is a social event.

The ads were unimpressive and I'm pretty sure the half time show was produced by a twelve year old.

Yeah, I know.

No one (to include the Vegas Bookies and TB fans) expected the game to be played or end the way it did.
Bookies in Vegas are crying now.

Rams
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't watch it but I am glad the Bucs and Brady won.
I would have been just as happy if KC had won since Mahomes played high school ball near Tyler Tx.

Mattress Mack is happy too.

https://www.chron.com/sport...owl-bet-15932444.php
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No one (to include the Vegas Bookies and TB fans) expected the game to be played or end the way it did.

Judging by the intensity and duration of the post game fireworks just in my neighborhood I'd say quite a few Tampa area residents expected it.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Judging by the intensity and duration of the post game fireworks just in my neighborhood I'd say quite a few Tampa area residents expected it.

Hoping and wanting is not the same thing as expecting to win like that.

As I said previously, Congrats to the Bucs. They dominated KC. Their defense not only rose to the occasion but, completely shut down the KC offense.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2021 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some say Mahomes still plays Tyler, TX high school football.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps. But he's been to the SB twice and won once now.
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In 4 days after all the points are counted the Chiefs will be declared the winner.

[This message has been edited by Larryinkc (edited 02-08-2021).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You won't believe who was flying the B2 Spirit long range bomber--it was Amy Poehler! "Simple, easy, awesome . . ."

Take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQsH1PfA82A

Isn't that her?

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryinkc:

In 4 days after all the points are counted the Chiefs will be declared the winner.

LMAO!
Good one!
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hoping and wanting is not the same thing as expecting to win like that.

As I said previously, Congrats to the Bucs. They dominated KC. Their defense not only rose to the occasion but, completely shut down the KC offense.

Rams

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

That's cute and accurate.
Yeah, saw that much earlier today. I can send you several other different versions if you would like.
Can't and won't take anything away from the Bucs defense but, very few if anyone expected that game to play out the way it did. Virtually all expected a close game. Vegas is paying out big time. While Brady did win MVP, the award should have gone to the defense in total. An amazing effort by the defense.

Have fun with the victory, the Bucs took total control. Congrats to the TB Bucs.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-08-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, and those 31 points Brady and the Bucs scored just came via the good fairy. If it was ONLY the Tampa defense that decided the game, then the 9 points KC scored would have been plenty enough for at least a tie.
Th e true story is KC was outplayed on both sides of the line, Mahomes (as much as I like him) is extremely talented but has yet to reach the same level as Brady. It was Bardy and the NE Patriots that knocked KC out of division championship game in 2019, the same playoff season that KC allowed one of the sorriest teams in the NFL (Houston) to score 24 unaswered points while allowing zero points for the first 2 quarters of that game.

KC lost, because they simply got manhandled on both sides of the line. If you are going to name a Tampa Bay MVP other than Brady, then it should go to the sucky KC defense, since they are the ones that allowed Brady (21 of 29 and 3 tds) and the bucs to run wild and score. The KC defense gave the game away.

The Chiefs were outcoached, out played on defense and equally sucked on offense.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-09-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bucs.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Yeah, and those 31 points Brady and the Bucs scored just came via the good fairy. If it was ONLY the Tampa defense that decided the game, then the 9 points KC scored would have been plenty enough for at least a tie.
Th e true story is KC was outplayed on both sides of the line, Mahomes (as much as I like him) is extremely talented but has yet to reach the same level as Brady. It was Bardy and the NE Patriots that knocked KC out of division championship game in 2019, the same playoff season that KC allowed one of the sorriest teams in the NFL (Houston) to score 24 unaswered points while allowing zero points for the first 2 quarters of that game.

KC lost, because they simply got manhandled on both sides of the line. If you are going to name a Tampa Bay MVP other than Brady, then it should go to the sucky KC defense, since they are the ones that allowed Brady (21 of 29 and 3 tds) and the bucs to run wild and score. The KC defense gave the game away.

The Chiefs were outcoached, out played on defense and equally sucked on offense.

OK, it that works for you, I'm happy for ya.
Rumor has it that more points were found during the dark hours and the Chiefs actually won.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just wanted to point out that I was correct.....again.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just wanted to point out that I was correct.....again.

My congratulations, very astute choice.

Now, my question is did you bet on that prediction.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This guy did.
https://www.businessinsider...ns-draftkings-2021-2

IIRC, his bet was that the Bucs would cover the +3.5 spread.

""Tampa Bay is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and led by the greatest football player of all time in Tom Brady, so I'm betting big on the Bucs who have overcome tough matchups throughout this postseason," McIngvale said in a release from DraftKings last week."
smart man.

Editor's note (and a quick sports betting lesson): Tampa Bay's line, or the alternate point-margin handicap set by sportsbooks, was +3.5, which means heading into the Super Bowl, the Buccaneers led the Chiefs by 3.5 points as the underdog of the matchup. By virtue of a 31-9 win by Tampa Bay, Mack won his bet straight up, but he could have also won with a Tampa Bay loss of no more than three points. Mack will collect $6.18 million, which includes his wager and winnings.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2021 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess they guy had a facelift and did something p public with bandages. In the show he has all the performers wear the same crap. Half think it was a jock strap. Half think it's a way to have everyone wear masks for covid.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2021 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ls3mach

11603 posts
Member since Mar 2002
My boss took the under and 3.5 points for Tampa when the line came out 2 weeks prior. He was worried it would end up going over.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was sent to me by a friend in Texas:

BREAKING: NFL announces all future Super Bowls will be held in Dallas in order to assure no team ever gets home-field advantage again.

Draw your own conclusions.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about Dallas but I bet it holds true for the Houston Texans. They are a mess. The last time a Houston pro football team won a championship was before the AFC/NFC merger and that was the Houston Oilers 1960 and 1961.
Power rating has the Texans dead last and they've never been to the SB, much less won one .

Dallas (5 rings) tho, has won only 1 less super bowl than #1 Steelers and Patriots. Dallas has made it to the SB 8 times.
KC has won 2, Tampa has won 2.
https://www.topendsports.co...owl/winners-list.htm
https://www.statista.com/st...nces-in-nfl-history/

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 02-11-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I don't know about Dallas but I bet it holds true for the Houston Texans. They are a mess. The last time a Houston pro football team won a championship was before the AFC/NFC merger and that was the Houston Oilers 1960 and 1961.
Power rating has the Texans dead last and they've never been to the SB, much less won one .

Dallas (5 rings) tho, has won only 1 less super bowl than #1 Steelers and Patriots. Dallas has made it to the SB 8 times.
KC has won 2, Tampa has won 2.
https://www.topendsports.co...owl/winners-list.htm
https://www.statista.com/st...nces-in-nfl-history/

I was just sharing what he said. Then I thought about it for a second and wondered about the two NY football teams that play in the same stadium in NJ, it would be safe to pick the home team. Or, did one of them find a new home?

Rams
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My congratulations, very astute choice.

Now, my question is did you bet on that prediction.

Rams

Thank you, sir.

Nope. There's always the chance I could be wrong and the game could end in a tie or something. That would just be my luck, eh?

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 02-11-2021).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock