Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  So, he got fired for just saying the word out loud?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
So, he got fired for just saying the word out loud? by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 02-06-2021 08:27 AM
Replies: 18 (389 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 02-09-2021 06:31 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The science reporter described the “n-word” incident as having occurred during a dinner discussion about the use of racial slurs, in which one student on the trip asked whether a classmate should have been suspended for using racist rhetoric in a video.

“To understand what was in the video, I asked if she had called someone else the slur or whether she was rapping or quoting a book title. In asking the question, I used the slur itself,” McNeil wrote.

https://www.thedailybeast.c...r-daily-beast-expose

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some folks sensitivity meters peg out easily.
There might be some calibration needed.
I was called a "Cracker" not long ago when I didn't proceed at a traffic light as quickly as the person behind me wanted to.
At first, I thought what and then smiled and asked, Saltine or Plain?

I received the one finger salute. Some folks have no sense of humor.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-06-2021).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That report from the Daily Beast is short on details, but it creates an impression that it was about more than just that one instance when he used the "n" word to pose a question to someone else about the "n" word.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-06-2021).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinse, I knew what word you meant, and I think it's disgusting that you would even use the slang term.
It's the same as saying it!
Thinking it is the same as saying it on the front page of the RT&C (rinselberg times and chronicle)
You are a racist and a deplorable for such thinking!

Such is the thinking of some people that have strong voices in our society.

Well, in their society - certainly not mine.
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
rinse, I knew what word you meant, and I think it's disgusting that you would even use the slang term.
It's the same as saying it!

Well said. rinselberg, are you a N ?
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When they came for the NAZIs, I said nothing...
When they came for those who wouldn't kneel at the National Anthem and attacked them for their violent silence...
When they came for the Trump supporters, I whined but the precedent was already set.
When they came for White reporters I still wouldn't admit what the real problem is because I was afraid of being labeled.

But isn't it poetic that they're now eating their progenitors? I'm assuming he's a Berkley educated progressive since that's his schooling and was a New York Slimes something or other.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 02-06-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As children, many of us were taught an old adage that begins "Sticks and stones...."

I guess they were lying to us.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

As children, many of us were taught an old adage that begins "Sticks and stones...."

I guess they were lying to us.

Sticks and stones only break my bones, but words truly hurt me.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2021 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[strike][/strike]

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Sticks and stones only break my bones, but words truly hurt me.

Yup, words hurt because "I DONT LIKE" and "IM OFFENDED" and if you say or do something I dont approve of, I cant handle it and am going to throw a tantrum because that means I dont rule the world, I cant control you, and all of existence doesn't revolve around "ME"

Aint that just tough **** , snowflakes. Welcome to reality where nobody really gives a **** about your feelings or likes.

They didn't fire him for using a word, They fired him because they were terrified nobody would "like" them if they let him get away with being independent and thinking/talking outside their little leftist box.

Basically, I cant let you get away with calling the jackass down the street a jackass, because then if I do the jackass will think I am agreeing with you and wont like me or give me any money for anything. Jackasses.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 02-06-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can’t tell from that one report why NYT fired him.

Anyone who uses that word here is running the possibility of getting the boot (membership ban) so that reveals the absurdity of the previous message.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2021 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
Anyone who uses that word here is running the possibility of getting the boot (membership ban) so that reveals the absurdity of the previous message.

Proves the point of herd mentality and heard fear..living in fear of what a violent group will do if you piss them off.

****** ....There I said it. Free-****ing speech.

Ban me or fire me over it....I really dont give a **** about this clown world anymore....

And just fur your shut-your-face enjoyment... (With thanks to Mr. Dolche)....Somebody is offended ???...the people who give a fack live in California. Let them stay there.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 02-06-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can’t tell from that one report why NYT fired him.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You used it.

It may have been coded.

Do I hear a dog whistle?
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:
When they came for the NAZIs, ***

I believe you typed this N word that nobody wants to be called, everyone knows that they are horrible, and best call is that it is only used as reference to history that must never be repeated.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2021 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

I believe you typed this N word that nobody wants to be called, ....

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2021 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait, I meant soup nazi, I meant soup nazi.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This word is only racist when used by old white guys for everyone else it's just a word and has several different meanings depending on when its used.
Like **** or ****.

For the record I do not use this word, it has never felt right leaving my mouth and I couldn't tell you when the last time I muttered it.
But **** you thats why.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 02-09-2021).]

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Wait, I meant soup nazi, I meant soup nazi.

Ok, ok, I am aware of that individual. Come by later and I will make you some soup.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More info regarding the situation:

https://freebeacon.com/issu...mcneils-resignation/

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock