Started on: 02-05-2021 10:59 AM
Replies: 22 (304 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 02-06-2021 11:15 AM
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Without a court order, B of A turning over customer data to the FBI. I had a B of A credit card when they acquired MBNA decades ago. I kept it for over a decade. I closed it three years ago and I am glad I did. They are not to be trusted with your banking information. They will turn over your data to law enforcement at the drop of a hat.

https://rumble.com/vdlc3b-t...er-data-to-feds.html

Tl;Dr = B of A is giving feds info on people who have transactions in DC on Jan 6-7, purchased legal firearms around those dates, airline tickets(any destination), hotel or air bnb in DC on those dates, etc...
So far, over 200 "persons of interest" have been flagged.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If, BoA was presented with a warrant, I'd have no problem with this but, without a warrant and just a simple request, that goes against what I consider protecting their customers.

Rams
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

If, BoA was presented with a warrant, I'd have no problem with this but, without a warrant and just a simple request, that goes against what I consider protecting their customers.

Rams

With a warrant, law enforcement can't just go on a fishing expedition. The courts usually demand that the warrants be specific on who, what, where and when.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

With a warrant, law enforcement can't just go on a fishing expedition. The courts usually demand that the warrants be specific on who, what, where and when.

Precisely my point. Such a request would have to be justified to a judge. IMHO, BoA would not be at fault in that case.

Rams
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The children of America have sold us out for a few pieces of silver and a reprieve from responsibility, to a cabal that is in league with the devil.

It was an easy choice for those who have nothing, and know even less.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wonder if they can figure out how to track Antifa.

lol
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Wonder if they can figure out how to track Antifa.

lol

That would assume that the average antifascista has financial assets sufficient to require a bank. I'm going to guess that they do not.
Their keepers are likely a bit wiser and more well heeled.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roundtrip airfare to Washington DC $339 . . . Posting bail $9400 . . . Criminal defense attorney $28700 . . . Lost wages while incarcerated $114700 . . . Felony conviction on your personal record PRICELESS !

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-05-2021).]

Hank is Here

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what, if any, data that the cell phone carriers are providing and if they are providing it with or without warrants.
mike-ohio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mike-ohioClick Here to visit mike-ohio's HomePageSend a Private Message to mike-ohioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably should not post this but...

Phone carriers will not provide information without a warrant...but..

What if there were servers already in each phone carrier providing all call metadata all the time?

Then no warrant is needed since they already had all the information.

Problem solved.

Others on this site who work in telecom can confirm also.
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I worked for Bank of America for 13 years visiting many branches and departments every day. There is a lot of off books, arm twisting and threats to break corporate knees by local and federal government. I would be sure that this is one of those moments, neither the branches of departments want to make an extra keystroke that will not come back to them as income - unless it is under threat of "REGULATION". Pretty much all regulation costs them some bottom line and never benefits them.
It was this confidence in the bottom line that I was comfortable pointing hundreds of thousands at their stock when it was crashing.
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lawyer (friend of mine) sent this to me in an email today. I think he hit the nail on the head.

There was no warrant (only a request). All banks could/should and have every right to request one (or a subpoena).

What they did was purely voluntary and not illegal per their customer agreements (or they'd get sued plenty).

But it demonstrates a complete lack of customer loyalty or support. Customers should act accordingly.

If a govt agency asks a bank to violate customer privacy and they do, the fault is not the govt agency for asking.

I have done no business with any mainstream banks since one cancelled my only credit card while serving remotely overseas in the military (where it was not accepted anywhere) for non use, and didn't bother to even tell me (while still facially valid). I found out after I did use it (TDY elsewhere in Europe when I needed a bed/room badly) and was rejected. I thanked them for supporting the military, and got no reply.

I once walked into a military credit union right outside our gate in uniform. I told the manager we were investigating a member for abusing blanket travel orders by taking partial travel advances for TDY trips he never took, pocketing the cash, and never closing those travel pay vouchers out. I understood that he had been having trouble with this credit union with multiple overdrafts on his accounts (and we were pretty sure he was covering his overdrafts with his fraudulent travel advances). I showed the manager my paperwork proving an ongoing investigation. I asked if I could have a copy of this member's credit union records for the instigation. I told him I could get a subpoena or warrant if he wanted one. He said it wouldn't be necessary. Both the USAF and the credit union were being scammed. Predictably, there were multiple days when he had drawn travel advance cash and walked the money over to the credit union to pay off his overdrafts.

This is not the same as a bank doing a fishing expedition on thousands of customer accounts.

Rams
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What they did was purely voluntary and not illegal per their customer agreements (or they'd get sued plenty).

But it demonstrates a complete lack of customer loyalty or support. Customers should act accordingly.

Bank of America has been "sketchy" for years.
I forget what it was that they did, originally, that pissed me off so badly, but is was enough that I swore I would never give them a dime of my money.
Stuff like this, and other things, have done nothing to change my mind.

Personally, it chaps my azz that my company even has one of their ATMs in our lobby. But it's all about the $$$, I suppose.
But then again, the last time I was in our building, it was like a tomb, since most of us are teleworking.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Bank of America has been "sketchy" for years.
I forget what it was that they did, originally, that pissed me off so badly, but is was enough that I swore I would never give them a dime of my money.
Stuff like this, and other things, have done nothing to change my mind.

I used to bank with BoA. Had a problem with them and swore I'd never go back also. What ever it was, it wasn't the local bank issue, it was their corporate policy.

Let's face it, it's all about money. But, when it's my money and my transactions, I take it personally. They should not be so willing to share with Uncle Sugar.

Rams
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BoA is no different than Wells Fraudgo, Chase or any other bank.

I stopped using commercial banks over 25 years ago and have never looked back.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

BoA is no different than Wells Fraudgo, Chase or any other bank.

I stopped using commercial banks over 25 years ago and have never looked back.

Really, I'm curious just how one does that?

No credit cards, no debit cards, no electronic banking? Do you pay your monthly bills with cash?
I'm really curious as to how this works. Please enlighten me.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-06-2021).]

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really, I'm curious just how one does that?

No credit cards, no debit cards, no electronic banking? Do you pay your monthly bills with cash?
I'm really curious as to how this works. Please enlighten me.

Rams

Credit Union?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Credit Union?

I thought about CUs but, having just left one, I wasn't aware of any major differences. There probably are and I'm just not informed.

I moved all of my banking to USAA, my insurance company. Open to all Veterans. I've had my insurance with them for decades and they are outstanding, I highly recommend them.
In banking, they have no ATMs and to my knowledge no actual brick and mortar bank. When I go to any ATM, USAA picks up any charges that bank/ATM charges. Just about all my banking and bill paying is done electronically.

I'm really curious how Randye operates with no commercial banking or maybe, I'm just not understanding what he means.

Rams
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't had a 'bank' account for years.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I haven't had a 'bank' account for years.

So, if I write you a check for some logs or firewood from a tree that you had in your yard, how do you cash a check to youself?
Do you not accept checks?

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2021 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Play with snakes...
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, if I write you a check for some logs or firewood from a tree that you had in your yard, how do you cash a check to youself?
Do you not accept checks?

Rams

No, I do not accept checks.

Cash and carry, as the saying goes.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2021 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Illegals have bank accounts but some do everything with money orders.

Are pot producers and dispensaries allowed bank accounts yet, or are they crypto still?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock