Songs and arrangements that get the Blues rockin by 2.5
Started on: 02-01-2021 10:48 AM
Replies: 21 (223 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 03-10-2021 12:23 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's maybe a little southern vibe on this rendition too

post sumthin?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has always been one of my favorite recordings from the British blues-rock era. In the first two minutes, you hear Howlin' Wolf explaining the riff to Eric Clapton.

The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions is one of my all time favorite albums.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious....Is there something wrong with their facial muscles?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I like that!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Just curious....Is there something wrong with their facial muscles?

That dude does get into it doesnt he?

If its sincere I think its a good thing, so into it ya don't even care if ya look funny doing it.

May also be something like yelling when striking in a martial art

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-01-2021).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought maybe he was having an epileptic seizure or even some sort of sexual episode.
Wife and I have been to lots of blues venues when we lived in Louisiana and I never saw any of them go into that kind of thing.
He might need to go see the voodoo lady down in Jefferson.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dani Wilde, Samantha Fish and that little girl from Texas all go through some pretty wild contortions when they sing.

But nobody will ever come close to Joe Cocker.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19459 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Then there's Grace Potter, who must have been a stripper in a former life.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2021 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... something wrong with their facial muscles?

Ive also seen alot of guitarists mouth the note sounds with their faces.
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2021 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the post. Music always makes me happy. Haven't been a lot of happiness out there lately. Robin Trower had some crazy faces, lol.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 02-02-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2021 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Ive also seen alot of guitarists mouth the note sounds with their faces.

Marty Schwartz has a lot of really good instructional video for a wide selection of songs and a broad range of skill levels.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2021 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Thanks for the post. Music always makes me happy. Haven't been a lot of happiness out there lately. Robin Trower had some crazy faces, lol.

Feel free to post some you like too

Just copy the link on a youtube page (on a pc) and then post it, pasting between these:

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-04-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2021 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Well, not a guitar lesson, but

Stevie's sound check:

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-04-2021).]

Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2021 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to a Moody Blues concert in Baltimore, back in the 80s sometime. There was this band opening for them, Stevie Ray Vaughn was the lead guy. I had heard of him, wasn't really a fan at the time. OMG, What an opening band! What in the hell was I watching? Why was HE opening for an older-past their prime band! I was blown away. Awesome! When Stevie left, so did most of the crowd. I was soooo behind the wave on that one.
I got a little older and began to appreciate really good blues after that. So glad I saw him then.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2021 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couple bands I was into back after SRV moved on were Bloodline (check out their line up, you might have heard of all of those guys or their relatives) and Cry of Love. Highway Jones by Cry of Love is up tempo. The guitar tone is sonically scorching but perfect. Their hit was not up tempo but it's good. Peace Pipe.

Today I bought a Fender Squier Vista Series made in Japan JAGMASTER.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2021 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Savoy Brown - 1967:

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mytime:

I went to a Moody Blues concert in Baltimore, back in the 80s sometime. There was this band opening for them, Stevie Ray Vaughn was the lead guy. I had heard of him, wasn't really a fan at the time. OMG, What an opening band! What in the hell was I watching? Why was HE opening for an older-past their prime band! I was blown away. Awesome! When Stevie left, so did most of the crowd. I was soooo behind the wave on that one.
I got a little older and began to appreciate really good blues after that. So glad I saw him then.

Stevie was what first turned me towards blues as well.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2021 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

I thought maybe he was having an epileptic seizure..

He isnt near as weird off stage

But still gets into it on stage (2019)

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-05-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of those songs that has to be played LOUD!

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2021 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2021 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Cool, I like the guy's voice.
Reminded me of the feel of this 'ol hit.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock