Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Have Any Of You Taken The Kung Flu Vaccine ? ... (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Have Any Of You Taken The Kung Flu Vaccine ? ... by cliffw
Started on: 01-29-2021 07:16 AM
Replies: 68 (1153 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 03-14-2021 05:19 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than the human guinea pigs.

The wife wanted me to take it due to my recent respiratory health history and young age, (62). She could not find an outlet where I could get it.

She was forced to take the shot, (employment). She has to do a follow up shot, if the supply lasts. She was deemed an "important" "front line worker". The propaganda machine will call her a heroine. She was one, way way way before the kung flu.

At first, she was going to quit before taking the kung flu shot. She, and I, were unsure of the safety of it, and also the effectiveness of it. Also the reason of it is necessity.

Now, it seems, I get bumped to the front row. I am not even a Hollywood elite trying to buy their way to first in line. I live with a heroine. One tough biatch, just ask blackrams. Because I have to live with her, I am essential.

So, .... I asked her which vaccine did she take. She doesn't know. No worries. Does it matter ? frack yes it does, but I wouldn't know.

Should I take a vaccine with an unproven effectively, claimed to be a 95% effective rate for a kung flu inconvenience pandemic scare of a 99.8 survival rate ?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I talked to an MD that had the Pfizer vaccine recently. He's had both of the two injections. Said he experienced some discomfort at the injection site that eventually extended all the way up to the base of his neck on that side, but that it didn't persist for more than a few hours. Said he felt fatigued or low energy but that didn't persist for any longer than the day afterwards.

You're talking about the survival rate of Covid. Dr Fauci's been talking about the lingering and long term effects that can ensue after coming down with a case of 'rona.

I' d go with the vaccine.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, since you don’t know. Determine the date of the first injection. Now using the scheduled date of the second date, you can determine which vaccine you received.
If the time is 28 Days apart, then it’s the MadernaTX vaccine.
If the time is 21 days apart, it’s the Pfizer vaccine.

Another way to know is one version increases the sex drive.

Rams
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Another way to know is one version increases the sex drive.

I don't want that one. It didn't help my wife, .
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most around here, are on a pretty lengthy 'waiting list'.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Same here. About a week ago, they opened it up for my age bracket, then immediately announced that they are book up until at least the end of February.
I ain't dead yet, I can wait.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For the first or second shot?

As it's been explained to me, the time frame between the first and second shots is pretty important.
So, I can easily see the first shot being scheduled some time out there but, everything I've been told is that they really want to maintain the recommended intervals.

Rams
Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had my second Pfizer injection this past Tuesday. The first, I had no side effects at all. The second, site injection pain and a little achiness during the day. I felt fine on Thursday.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw where you can already be looking forward to a third injection, sometime down the road, for the South African variant.

That's from Peter Hotez.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For the first or second shot?

As it's been explained to me, the time frame between the first and second shots is pretty important.
So, I can easily see the first shot being scheduled some time out there but, everything I've been told is that they really want to maintain the recommended intervals.

Rams

both, tho I'm not sure how much effect the waiting list for the 1st shot has on the timeline for the second shot.
The 'warp speed' vaccine rollout is anything but, due in part, to the number of people desiring to get vaccinated is higher than initially estimated.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I just saw where you can already be looking forward to a third injection, sometime down the road, for the South African variant.

That's from Peter Hotez.

Anyone who doesn't expect additional vaccinations in the future is living in a dream world.
While not suggesting this virus is like the flu, it is like the flu in that it mutates.

Every year, science guesses as to what flu bug to develop a vaccine to fight. Flu Bugs mutate and the COVID virus has already proven to do the same thing.
I fully expect the world population will need booster vaccines well into the future, if not forever.
I've already volunteered for the Maderna booster when they are ready to test it.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fair enough.

Not too long ago, I was reading about some research towards an anti-viral vaccination that would be so advanced that it would provide lifetime or very long persisting immunity, even as the various viruses continue to mutate in various ways.

But I'm not expecting the announcement any time soon.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2021 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have y'all heard of the new latest greatest Kung Flu test. It's all the rage in China.

Instead of poking a swab through your nose to your brain, they shove a bigger one up your butt and rotate it.

I will die first.

Google it.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will never catch on here in the United States.

We're already too far behind.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It will never catch on here in the United States.

There are plenty of folks in San Fran who would love something shoved up their tailpipe. No shortage of volunteers there.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Behind, . I see what you did there. Will you bend over ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not getting in line to volunteer, but I think this azz-probe may not be any more physically uncomfortable than the nasal swabs that they first came out with.

What if someone is already in need of a rectal examination of some kind--maybe involving a catheter--and it's considered urgent enough that it should not be delayed by testing for Covid first and only "going in" after a negative Covid test result has been confirmed? Or maybe it's something that's so urgent that it has to be done right away, even if the patient might have Covid.

Just trying to analyze this from every conceivable angle.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-30-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds more like it is being .............analized.

No vaccine is 100% effective or absolutely failsafe in efficacy in regards to preventing acquisition or infection of the disease.
Many people getting the flu vaccine still get the flu, some people who got measles vaccination still got measles. Most however help a great deal, especially in preventing extremely severe cases and death.

Polio vaccines come very close, but even those will still see a few cases.

Anyone that thinks "Oh, I got the vaccine, now I don't have to worry" is living in a make believe world, as no one has ever promised vaccinaion against Covid to be the end all/be all finish & panecea of Covid.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-30-2021).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My group is next (over 65 and/or with any of the 8 or 9 health issues...I'm diabetic and obese) but I don't expect to get stabbed for another month or so. By that time the Johnson & Johnson single dose vaccine should be available. Most rural areas (like mine) tend to get the Moderna version since it can be kept in the fridge instead of a special (and very expensive) deep freeze. My folks live in an even more rural area and that's what they got. Since the J&J version has the same temp requirements, I'm guessing I'll get either the Moderna or J&J. Doesn't matter to me.

As far as booster shots, it's the same as the annual flu shots as someone already mentioned. CV and the flu mutate constantly so you need to get the latest booster to try to keep you healthy. I'm guessing by next fall (when flu shots are normally done), they'll combine both flu and CV into a single shot. Since I get a flu shot every year, I'll get both. Seems like a win-win to me.

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 01-30-2021).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds more like it is being .............analized.

No vaccine is 100% effective or absolutely failsafe in efficacy in regards to preventing acquisition or infection of the disease.
Many people getting the flu vaccine still get the flu, some people who got measles vaccination still got measles. Most however help a great deal, especially in preventing extremely severe cases and death.

Polio vaccines come very close, but even those will still see a few cases.

Anyone that thinks "Oh, I got the vaccine, now I don't have to worry" is living in a make believe world, as no one has ever promised vaccinaion against Covid to be the end all/be all finish & panecea of Covid.

The Brazilians who tested the Chinese vaccine said it was 50% effective at prevention. They also said it was 100% effective at preventing hospitalizations. Since the goal is "flatten the curve" then this would seem to be a win. If the Moderna, Pfizer, and now J&J do even better then it's a definite win.

This virus sucks but may teach us how to combat future versions quickly. Especially if I can get a combo flu/covid shot each year.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not getting in line to volunteer, but I think this azz-probe may not be any more physically uncomfortable than the nasal swabs that they first came out with.

What if someone is already in need of a rectal examination of some kind--maybe involving a catheter--and it's considered urgent enough that it should not be delayed by testing for Covid first and only "going in" after a negative Covid test result has been confirmed? Or maybe it's something that's so urgent that it has to be done right away, even if the patient might have Covid.

Just trying to analyze this from every conceivable angle.

All I've got to say is, your mind works in very strange and sadistic ways.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All I've got to say is, your mind works in very strange and sadistic ways

Really, all I was doing was speculating that there may be circumstances where "anal" is actually better.

What's preferable, just a sore azz, or a sore azz and a sore nose?

The first nasal swab tests that came out went way up high into the person's nostrils. It was reported as not pleasant.

As things have moved along, it's probably not such a useful comparison anymore. I think they have improved the sensitivity of the nasal swab testing so that they don't have to use such long-handled swabs. And there other testing products. There's even an automated kiosk that captures the person's breath as they blow through a straw to provide a test sample.

I have not ever had a Covid test of any kind. I think I have either not had the infection to date (fingers crossed) or I had it and was asymptomatic.

I've just upgraded my Covid "wardrobe." I've been using those common surgical style masks that loop around the ears. I've got some more of those, with a different kind of ear loop than the simple elastic string loop that is the most common. Some KN95s. Some N95s. But I haven't tried any of this new "gear" yet.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-30-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really, all I was doing was speculating that there may be circumstances where "anal" is actually better.

Ya know, I rarely read your posts and honestly wish I hadn't read this one.
I'm thinking Randye is right, you're a sick mind needing help or at least some kind of rehab.
Just my opinion, it isn't worth much but, that's what I think.
IF, that's gets me booted, so be it.

Rams
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31841 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Don (maryjane),
Just happened to come across this article in reference to our previous discussion about the timing of COVID vaccinations.

What happens if you skip or delay the second COVID-19 vaccine dose?

https://www.aol.com/lifesty...covid-214705649.html

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-30-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ya know, I rarely read your posts and honestly wish I hadn't read this one. I'm thinking Randye is right, you're a sick mind needing help or at least some kind of rehab. Just my opinion, it isn't worth much but, that's what I think.

IF, that's gets me booted, so be it.

Rams

Thanks for clearing things up. I had you in a sort of gray area. I thought much more of you than (you can make the obvious comparison here.)

I really can't fathom your reaction here, and as far as "I'm thinking Randye is right . . ." there's no acceptable language that I would have for that.

If you can change "rarely read my posts" to "never read my posts" that would probably be an improvement for both of us.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2021 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

There are plenty of folks in San Fran who would love something shoved up their tailpipe. No shortage of volunteers there.

HEY!!! (Actually San fran is a lot like that now...)

Here is something you may find funny; I have lived in the bay area most of my life...Born in 1960......Joined the Navy in '78....My friend's sister asked me to drive her to Pier 39 (Big tourist place with lots of shops for souvenirs) to buy something for their mother for her BD.....This would have been in 1980-81 so I was then around 20 years old.

Driving down the Embarcadero in SF.....She says "Ewwwww!"

I asked "What?"

She points to two GUYS walking down the sidewalk holding hand...

I said, "Oh...They must be gay"

That was the first time I ever saw guys.......acting gay....

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

<SNIP>

Here is "rinselberg" quoting "rinselberg" for the sole purpose of a clarification.

When I said that, I was thinking about Covid testing--period.

It probably entered my mind, that it could be taken out of context and interpreted in some other way (I think that's an obvious other way) but I don't think I held onto that thought for more than a fleeting second. It just didn't seem like anyone could look at it and think anything other than "rinselberg" is talking about Covid testing, and here he just kind of almost lazily sets up a double entendre, but he isn't in any way serious about it. It's not meant to be taken that way.

If that's what set "blackrams" off then so be it.

I really felt blindsided when he sort of came after me about this.

And that's a wrap.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-31-2021).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The anal test explained: stick a finger up your butt. Sniff said finger. Smells like poop? No virus. No smell? You have virus. Quarantine now. The end.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

The anal test explained: stick a finger up your butt. Sniff said finger. Smells like poop? No virus. No smell? You have virus. Quarantine now. The end.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've known rams for some time now, and my impression is that he does not jump to conclusions.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2021 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

She points to two GUYS walking down the sidewalk holding hand...

I said, "Oh...They must be gay"

That was the first time I ever saw guys.......acting gay....

They were acting joyous and celebratory?
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If that's what set "blackrams" off then so be it.

I really felt blindsided when he sort of came after me about this.

And that's a wrap.

I don't think blackrams was set off. I also don't think it was a one and only thing. How can you be blindsided, when you are blind ?
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

They were acting joyous and celebratory?

I actually didn't notice (Or care) I was too busy driving- SF is a very Un-car freindly town...Lots of one-way streets and weird traffic light positions......Driving down Market street once (With that same girl) The light ahead turned red so I drove up to the line and stopped- but somehow ended up in the middle of an intersection! (At Market there is a meshing of streets laid out N/S and E/W with other streets at 45* angles! That is why I don't drive over there if I can avoid it)

Years ago, I wanted to take my Father over to SF to check out the USS Pampanito (WW2 submarine)...He stated "I hate San Francisco!" and I asked "Why?" And he explained "I hate driving over there!"......I then pointed out to him, "Dad, we are taking the Ferry from Alameda over there and riding our Bikes so we won't be driving"......"Oh.....ok"

At this point I would like to state that I meant a "Ferry" BOAT.....not the other kind of.....Ferry......
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2021 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, they were fairies? Meaning they're probably homisexuals?

"Gay" and "fairy" usage is wrongly appropriating words for other purposes. It's proper to say that they were "homosexuals". And she felt it was gross.

The pc approved reply is now, Not that there's anything wrong with that.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No matter how tough/big a guy is, you can scare the heck out of him by standing behind him and snapping your rubber gloves......

I was able to make my JET boat get better Fuel efficiency than a Direct drive ski boat (Boating people will yell "BS!!!!" when I say that) One of the things that made me doubt the "Jets are Fuel hogs" line was (And this is my Non-PC joke); "I noticed that 90% of the ferries in the world (Not the guys- I'm talking boats here!) are jet drive- some of that is safety and lower maintenance costs, but if jets were really fuel hogs, no way would it be 90%"

After the Loma Prieta earthquake, they re-started Ferry service across the bay (Been shut down for 40 years)...I liked taking the Ferry to San Francisco, but in 1994 as the Naval Air Station was closing, I was transferred to base clean-up and ended up in the rigging shop, which is the guys who run the cranes and move heavy equipment- these guys were..."A rough crowd" and you had to be careful what you said....."I took the ferry to San Francisco" did not go over well....

There was a guy named Eddie who lived in the Central Valley (Lots of farms/ranches) and made the mistake of saying that he had seen a bunch of sheep out there......Whenever he got spun up talking about something, one of the guys would start in with "Ed-d-d-d-ie" in a sheep-baaing type sound.....

Being truly rotten, I noticed that he had some GENERIC hand cream on his desk, so when he wasn't looking I wrote "For wool burns only" on the blank back of it....He didn't notice it for a week, so I finally asked, "Hey, Eddie, where'd you get that hand cream?".....

He started in with "Well, I think I got it..." and then turned it over and saw the writing..."Hey- who the heck wrote this?!!"

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 01-31-2021).]

OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2021 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

No matter how tough/big a guy is, you can scare the heck out of him by standing behind him and snapping your rubber gloves...... ;

There was a guy named Eddie who lived in the Central Valley (Lots of farms/ranches) and made the mistake of saying that he had seen a bunch of sheep out there......Whenever he got spun up talking about something, one of the guys would start in with "Ed-d-d-d-ie" in a sheep-baaing type sound.....

Being truly rotten, I noticed that he had some GENERIC hand cream on his desk, so when he wasn't looking I wrote "For wool burns only" on the blank back of it....He didn't notice it for a week, so I finally asked, "Hey, Eddie, where'd you get that hand cream?".....

He started in with "Well, I think I got it..." and then turned it over and saw the writing..."Hey- who the heck wrote this?!!"

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2021 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Newly published in STAT, a final-year medical student quotes Marcus Aurelius and Epictetus, two "titans" of Stoicism. He talks about BET (Bystander Effect Theory) in relation to the infamous New York City murder by stabbing of "Kitty" Genovese in 1964 and assesses the relevance of Vice Admiral James Stockdale, a POW held captive for 8 years during the Vietnam War. He recounts the personal anxiety that he himself had to overcome before "rolling up his sleeve" to receive the first of his two Covid vaccinations. He concludes this tour de force of Vaccine Positivity with the admonition "The buck stops with you."

"The bystander effect, Covid-19 vaccine edition"
Clayton Korson for STAT; February 1, 2021.
https://www.statnews.com/20...-19-vaccine-edition/

Read-o-Meter: 4 minutes and "change."

I remind cliffw, who started this forum topic, of the great Nap'ster himself, aka Napoleon Bonaparte, as he addressed his troops in Egypt within eyesight of the Great Pyramids of Giza:

From the summit of these timeless monuments, forty centuries look upon you.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-03-2021).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2021 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Oh, they were fairies? Meaning they're probably homisexuals?

"Gay" and "fairy" usage is wrongly appropriating words for other purposes. It's proper to say that they were "homosexuals". And she felt it was gross.

The pc approved reply is now, Not that there's anything wrong with that.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2021 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had the test a bunch. 3 hospital stays in the last 6 months. The deep nose test was awful. The newer test wasn't nearly as bad, but still was not fun. Swabbing my anus doesn't even sound that bad. I mean is it any different than wiping? Wonder why it can't just be taken from fecal matter? A lot of nonsense in this thread. Having covid was pretty bad. I was asymptomatic the first time. 2nd I'm still feeling the effects. Brain fog. Weird bowls. It's truly like having a constant hangover.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2021 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure there are other people in my area and age group who need the vaccine more than I do.

I am happy to wait and let those with greater need go before me.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 02-03-2021).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock