Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Biden to cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit (Page 1)

Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: Politics & Religion.
Biden to cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit by blackrams
Started on: 01-17-2021 08:52 PM
Replies: 129 (2148 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 02-26-2022 02:01 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Biden to cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit on first day in office: CBC
By Reuters Staff

(Reuters) - U.S. President-elect Joe Biden is planning to cancel the permit for the $9 billion Keystone XL pipeline project via executive action on his first day in office this week, CBC News reported on Sunday, citing sources.
https://www.reuters.com/art...ce-cbc-idUSKBN29N00A

Well, there ya go.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-17-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Obama 2.0: Make America Suck Again
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Obama 2.0: Make America Suck Again

Might make some Canadians happy also. Now instead of shipping those oil sands crude via pipe line, they get to truck it to the docks and sell it to China.

Rams
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Retreads

But all it really does is hurt Canada.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, that and throw a lot of welders, excavator and side boom dozer operators out of work.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Surprised?

The whole point of the DNC is to cripple America.

Gretchen must have been wearing a blue dress when her and Joe met the other day.

When will people wake up to what is in store?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

But all it really does is hurt Canada.

There wouldn't have been a plan to import Canadian crude unless there was a demand for it in the States. Canceling the pipeline will therefore force the US to import oil from elsewhere, probably from the Middle East. I see this as a lose/lose proposition for both Canada and the US.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

There wouldn't have been a plan to import Canadian crude unless there was a demand for it in the States. Canceling the pipeline will therefore force the US to import oil from elsewhere, probably from the Middle East. I see this as a lose/lose proposition for both Canada and the US.

We have enough oil domestically, thanks to the shale revolution.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

We have enough oil domestically, thanks to the shale revolution.

Until Joe slams the brakes on. You know he will.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a lot of people in NE, MO, SD, KS and OK who were complaining of Eminent Domain theft of their land for Keystone.....

I see that Pipeline as more of the Oil Industry saying, "We will take whatever we want- Don't get in our way!"

Kind of like all of the ED cases with the "WALL!!!!" (That Mexico paid for....NOT!)
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

There was a lot of people in NE, MO, SD, KS and OK who were complaining of Eminent Domain theft of their land for Keystone.....

I see that Pipeline as more of the Oil Industry saying, "We will take whatever we want- Don't get in our way!"

Kind of like all of the ED cases with the "WALL!!!!" (That Mexico paid for....NOT!)

That interesting, I know several folks who live or own property in those states. From what I've been told, it was mostly environmental tree hugging people/groups from other places (like CA) and the like raising all the stink about the pipe line. Interesting indeed............. Yeah, there were a few folks not in favor but, most that I personally know welcomed the jobs and business it brought in.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-18-2021).]

PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much do we think a gallon of gas will be?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

All of the woke persons are driving electric cars because they know that electricity comes from magic beans.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Won't deny there is always a demand but, the biggest reason is all the refining capacity already present at the ultimate end of that pipe line. Both Canada and the US Consumer would have benefited eventually.

Depending on who Candidate Biden was talking to, he either was or wasn't going to stop fracking which to my understanding opens up a lot of energy options.
But, as I remember, you hated the guy that was for that pipeline. Hmmm

Rams

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

But, as I remember, you hated the guy that was for that pipeline. Hmmm

So, what of it? We both know the only reason why he favored the pipeline was that it would've eventually helped line his own pockets. Let's not pretend it was for any noble reason.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, what of it? We both know the only reason why he favored the pipeline was that it would've eventually helped line his own pockets. Let's not pretend it was for any noble reason.

Really, I wasn't aware that I knew that but, if you say so, it must be true.......... You know me and what I know so well.
But, regardless of what you think you know. We'll all be paying the price for this Biden win. Wait, he's got a son that an energy expert. That'll help enrich someone.

Rams

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really, I wasn't aware that I knew that...

Okay fine, I gave you too much credit.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay fine, I gave you too much credit.

I'm just happy you're happy.

Rams
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

The average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in the United States was $1.84 on Jan. 19, 2009--the day before Obama took office.

As of Monday, Feb. 11, 2013, the per-gallon price had risen to an average of $3.61--an increase of 96 percent.

Expect to see similar or even higher increases as Leftists continue to attempt to kill the US economy.

As a reminder, increased fuel prices also increase the prices of all goods and services.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-18-2021).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're just chock full of information, aren't you?
I wish I had your insight!
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-18-2021 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump's a businessman. The pipeline was business he wanted to see being done.

Originally posted by blackrams: We'll all be paying the price for this Biden win. Wait, he's got a son that an energy expert. That'll help enrich someone.

Rams

It'll help enrich paternity suit attorneys and stripper's boyfriends.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The resistance against the Keystone XL Pipeline has almost exclusively been funded by OPEC. That environmentalists are fighting against it is largely symbolic because many of those protests over the years were organized by groups that were funded by OPEC.

Politicians know this, the citizenry largely do not... the question is, what is it that Biden thinks he's going to get out of it?

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Politicians know this, the citizenry largely do not... the question is, what is it that Biden thinks he's going to get out of it?

Waiting for Patrick to come along and provide us with his “special” insight. He apparently is very enlightened as to what others know.

Rams

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your lives are so simple; All things that are TRUMP!!! "conservative" are >>>GOOD!!!!!!<<< while all things that ANYONE who dislikes Trump!!! is for are >>>BAD!!!!<<<<

You don't actually have to look at what is going on...

What would you do if the Govt and Oil industry told you "GET OUT!" and paid you 30 cents on the dollar for a farm that has been in your family for generations? You'd sing "Trump is great and so is the Oil industry!"

We need ED, but it should only be used in extreme cases- not just to line big corporate pockets- Kinda like overthrowing a duly elected govt in Iran for the Oil industry....But maybe 3000 people who were in the towers would agree with you......."Right"....?
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No one needs ED..!

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Waiting for Patrick to come along and provide us with his “special” insight. He apparently is very enlightened as to what others know.

Rams

Well, my thought is two-fold on this...

1 - He either is looking to do it to make a statement in support of the "green" movement for which he feels he was partially elected on.
2 - He's hoping that by eliminating the pipeline that it will encourage movement to his green initiatives (it likely won't because it isn't active yet)
3 - He's looking to do this to gain support from Saudi Arabia... who currently has leverage from both parties.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A board position for Hunter on ARAMCO. After all he does have experience now.

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 01-18-2021).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another one with special insight into how other people think!

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

No one needs ED..!

Dang it!!! I NEW that ("ED") stuud for sum-tin else....(And that is snot waht I mint!)

Ma engilesh be gooder-er....

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This should come as no surprise whatsoever to anyone. He didn't support Keystone when he was Obama's VP. What made anyone think he might now?
This is payment #1 to GND supporters.

When asked about Biden’s position on the three pipelines, the Biden campaign declined to comment on Dakota Access and Line 3, but cited a statement issued in May by its policy director opposing Keystone XL.

“Biden strongly opposed the Keystone pipeline in the last administration, stood alongside President Obama and Secretary Kerry to reject it in 2015, and will proudly stand in the Roosevelt Room again as President and stop it for good by rescinding the Keystone XL pipeline permit,” the statement said.

DAPL IMO, is more important to US energy independence than the KeytoneXL.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

This should come as no surprise whatsoever to anyone. He didn't support Keystone when he was Obama's VP. What made anyone think he might now?
This is payment #1 to GND supporters.

DAPL IMO, is more important to US energy independence than the KeytoneXL.

Agreed.

But Damn, I'm getting tired of having to look up Acronyms.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rams- S.N.A.F.U............

(And I agree- some of these acronyms are silly and tiresome to look up....Or ASATTLU........(Aiyeeeeeeeee.....)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

You're just chock full of information, aren't you?
I wish I had your insight!

Waiting for Patrick to come along and provide us with his “special” insight.

Thanks. My insight has served me well.

Looks like I was three for three. Read 'em and weep.

Originally posted 11-01-2020 11:53 PM by Patrick:

I predict that...

a) Biden will win the election.
b) O/T will be awash with excuses.
c) Trump will eventually be looked back upon by Democrat and Republican alike as an abject failure of a President.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-18-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I considered several different responses but came to the conclusion that regardless of how or what I said, Patrick's ego would be getting stroked and since I'm not into doing such things.... I really don't care what any non-American thinks about our system, decided I'd continue to let Patrick stroke his own ego.

Having said that, can we now get back to how Biden's rejection to this pipeline is going to effect all Americans (and to be honest) much of the rest of the energy using world.

Rams
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a question for conservatives; Why are you against Solar energy? To me, it would seem like the perfect energy source- Once you purchase the panels you are beholden to nobody.....It actually goes farther than Conservative and lines up more with libertarian ideals.

Of course, I look at the world with the idea of "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" And I apply that to ANY form of power....So I don't just look at big govt as bad, but big corporations can be just as corrupt...(We won't get into the ultimate power- God and Church)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I really don't care what any non-American thinks...

Oh boo hoo...

Start you own forum then, and limit membership to specific Americans with only a narrow view of life. Should be very lively discussion.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

c) Trump will eventually be looked back upon by Democrat and Republican alike as an abject failure of a President.

I could disagree with the others... the election process in most of the states violated the state's own constitutions through massive mail-in voting and ballot harvesting... so I disagree with that. Never the less, Biden will be president next week.

But your "C" above is not correct. Trump is still wildly popular among Republicans. He still has the highest approval rating among Republicans of any modern Republican president with the exception of Reagan.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But your "C" above is not correct. Trump is still wildly popular among Republicans. He still has the highest approval rating among Republicans of any modern Republican president with the exception of Reagan.

Give it time, Todd... give it time. As further information becomes available pertaining to the extent of Trump's total incompetence in office, more and more responsible Republicans will wish to wash their hands of him. It's already begun.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It appears we're not going to discuss the impact of killing this pipeline so, you guys have fun.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2021 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Give it time, Todd... give it time. As further information becomes available pertaining to the extent of Trump's total incompetence in office, more and more responsible Republicans will wish to wash their hands of him. It's already begun.

No, they won't.
What you are describing is NOT how politics works nor is it how it ever has worked in the real world, left, right, or independent.
Most of his base will stick with him come hell or high water, as you have seen.
I am reminded, of what Louisiana Gov Edwards once said about his election chances were, while being the target of a serious federal probe.
1983: "The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy."
He was right. He won, is still very popular in La even tho he eventually did do 8 years prison time for racketeering.

It was also during that 1983 campaign, that an ardent Edwards supporter, stood on the steps of the LA capitol, cut his arms with a shard of glass and proclaimed "I would bleed and die for Governor Edwin Edwards!."

I was living and working in that state from the late '70s & up until 1994. Blind loyalty to Edwards was un-paralleled compared to any other politician I've seen before or since.
This thread has been moved here: Politics & Religion.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock