Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Biden to cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit (Page 3)

Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: Politics & Religion.
Biden to cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit by blackrams
Started on: 01-17-2021 08:52 PM
Replies: 129 (2146 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 02-26-2022 02:01 PM
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2021 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off; Exxon Valdez incident- just don't hire a drunk for a skipper!

Second, why don't they build some refineries in Montana? Then the piping of the crude would be short and after you would only have the end product to move, in trucks or trains.....
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2021 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Do they pump across the Smoky Mountains/Appalachians or go up the valleys and around the mountains with taps for destinations to the higher elevations, then truck it to little communities?

LNG/LPG and other finished product lines can cross mountains as it is so much lighter and less viscous than crude.
Generally tho, those lines run East along the Gulf Coast and then up the Eastern seaboard. I know a lot of LPG and home heating oil was trucked NE one recent winter as there was insufficient pipeline capacity to supply the NE with it's needs and there was a lot in the news about it. Hank Hill made a killin that year..
You can poke around the EIA's website and get a clearer picture.. that's the same page the crude oil pipeline map came from.

https://www.eia.gov/todayin...bs_SpotPriceSlider-1

There was also a lengthy discussion here in OT years back when Keystone was 1st proposed and I think another when Obama shut it down.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-20-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2021 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

There was also a lengthy discussion here in OT years back when Keystone was 1st proposed and I think another when Obama shut it down.

Decent discussion Here from 2012.
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2021 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Second, why don't they build some refineries in Montana?

Too much regulation?

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2021 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First off; Exxon Valdez incident- just don't hire a drunk for a skipper!

Second, why don't they build some refineries in Montana? Then the piping of the crude would be short and after you would only have the end product to move, in trucks or trains.....

I'm not sure we have the excess capacity in either to move that much product.

The other issue is the life span of the Alberta oil sands, and that of the Bakken Shale. Refineries today are very expensive to build and maintain and there has to be enough crude feed in the area to ensure roi for the future.

Build new refineries in Montana? There have been some up for sale recently.
March 2019 I believe is the date on this article.
https://www.nasdaq.com/arti...y-sources-2020-03-11

That Exxon refinery that was sold had been there since before the mid 60s. Built by the forerunner of Exxon, Humble Oil and Refining Co, so it was pretty old, tho upgraded several times. It may have been one of the plants that sprung up during WW2.
(Edit. Looks like the Exxon Billings Mt. plant didn't sell. They were asking 1/2 billion for it in 2016.
Phillips66 is there in Billings as well and does process Canadian heavy high sulfur crude according to their weboage.
https://www.phillips66.com/...ng/billings-refinery

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-20-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2021 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*sigh* Dratts was in that other thread.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2021 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2021 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well...I am dying from Lupus induced by the prescription drug Omeprazole...Maybe 4-6 years and I'll be toast....

I am sorry to hear this. Prayers and well wishes. Try not to believe that. You are living with Lupus.

I have no clue what Lupus is but I am gonna have a look see. No children ? I can only hope you find this amusing but ... can I have your Fiero, ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2021 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35918 posts
Member since Jun 2003
What Is Lupus?

Perplexing to me.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2021 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35918 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Patrick:
... I can agree with perhaps one policy that DJT endorsed. Every other policy of his regarding Canada (ie tariffs on steel and aluminum) did nothing but hurt both the US and Canada.

Bullzhit ! I felt no pain over the aluminum tariffs. I don't think the price of my beer can went up. Exactly how did President Donald Trump's policies hurt the US of A ?

There was a lot of people in NE, MO, SD, KS and OK who were complaining of Eminent Domain theft of their land for Keystone.....

I see that Pipeline as more of the Oil Industry saying, "We will take whatever we want- Don't get in our way!"

Kind of like all of the ED cases with the "WALL!!!!" (That Mexico paid for....NOT!)

First, what is ED ?

Eminent Domain theft of their land ? Please explain. My life vocation was on oil drilling rigs. Land was leased by the consent of the owner.

So, what of it? We both know the only reason why he favored the pipeline was that it would've eventually helped line his own pockets. Let's not pretend it was for any noble reason.

Did you see his income tax filings ?

What would you do if the Govt and Oil industry told you "GET OUT!" and paid you 30 cents on the dollar for a farm that has been in your family for generations? You'd sing "Trump is great and so is the Oil industry!"

I wouldn't. I wouldn't get out. I wouldn't sing Trump is great. I wouldn't take 30 cents on the dollar, even if I got nothing.

We need ED, but it should only be used in extreme cases- not just to line big corporate pockets- Kinda like overthrowing a duly elected govt in Iran for the Oil industry....But maybe 3000 people who were in the towers would agree with you......."Right"....?

Ok, I got it. ED is not erectile disfunction. Eminent domain.

Which duly elected government in Iran did we overthrow ? Your President Trump did not start any new wars or skirmishes, and, brought our troops home. Trump is GREAT, , !

Thanks. My insight has served me well.

Looks like I was three for three. Read 'em and weep.

[QUOTE]Originally posted 11-01-2020 11:53 PM by Patrick:

I predict that...

a) Biden will win the election.
b) O/T will be awash with excuses.
c) Trump will eventually be looked back upon by Democrat and Republican alike as an abject failure of a President.

Your imagination serves you well.

Give it time, Todd... give it time. As further information becomes available pertaining to the extent of Trump's total incompetence in office, more and more responsible Republicans will wish to wash their hands of him. It's already begun.

Gee golly. I had you pegged as our Canadian Clairvoyant Canuck. My bad. It's looking like you are more of a bullzhitter. You should delete that above statement and hope I do too. It makes you look (censored).

Full disclosure... I'd prefer that Alberta crude not be shipped out through the Port of Vancouver to wherever. I'd hate to see a Exxon Valdez type disaster occur locally.

Ah. You are the living brother of the DEAD US Senator from Massachusetts brother from another Mother. Ted Kennedy.

Not in my backyard !

Perhaps your cousin ...

Sen. John Kerry, Massachusettsโ€™ junior senator and another key green ally, called attempts to derail the project an โ€œinsult.โ€

That would be the John Kerry who wants to allow Iran to have nuclear weapons.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2021 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliffw is apparently on a roll.

Must be some strong coffee................

Rams
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2021 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I am offended . I don't drink Kappernick Chino.

Ron, I am gonna die. My time is limited. I still may have another hundred years. If Cliff Pennock does not kill me off.

By the way, that Hudson P/U, I am the one they want to ehh, give tender loving care to.

Spend my love sweat and tears, and cash.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2021 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliffw is apparently on a roll.

That's not what Cliff drinks prior to posting.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2021 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's not what Cliff drinks prior to posting.

Of course not. Sarsaparilla tea with a couple of drops of truth serum works for me.

No comment Patrick ?

I sure hope you do not have to go to burning Canadian trees to keep your home warm and cook. Your house may catch on fire. Perhaps in your own backyard.

When did the Exxon Valdez oopsie happen ? Three months ago ? You oil sucking haters are whiners. All the while using fossil fuels.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2021 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Sarsaparilla tea with a couple of drops of truth serum works for me.

I'm surprised you can find your keyboard through the fog.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2021 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm surprised you can find your keyboard through the fog.

Keyboard ? I just think thoughts.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2021 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Keyboard ? I just think thoughts.

Whoa, glad that isn't the way things work here. I would have been booted long ago.

Rams
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2021 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where there's a will, there's a way...

But this will continue...

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-25-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2021 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, following that money trail will always bring you to the people on either side of an issue.
Unfortunately, Mr. Buffet is not on our side.
Edit:: I could be wrong but, I don't believe trucks with that kind of set up have ever been allowed on US roads. The most I've ever seen on the road was in CA and that was three trailers and only on certain roads.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-25-2021).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2021 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep, following that money trail will always bring you to the people on either side of an issue.
Unfortunately, Mr. Buffet is not on our side.
Edit:: I could be wrong but, I don't believe trucks with that kind of set up have ever been allowed on US roads. The most I've ever seen on the road was in CA and that was three trailers and only on certain roads.

Rams

If you put one of those on the 405 it would result in an oil spill. ****ers out here cant even use a signal and share the road on an on ramp.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2021 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

If you put one of those on the 405 it would result in an oil spill. ****ers out here cant even use a signal and share the road on an on ramp.

You've been in Shaky too long, man. Your starting to talk like one of them.

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2021 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

You've been in Shaky too long, man. Your starting to talk like one of them.

Nothing prepared me for 3 - 4 hours a day stuck in traffic, the first week I was rear ended... Hell has found its highway.
Then they didn't understand why I put in notice and have been telling everyone I am for **** when they call for my work record.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2021 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Road trains are usually from Oz.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2021 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Road trains are usually from Oz.

Will take your word on that but, it's one of those things, you can't get there from here.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2021 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2021 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2021 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

This guy is hands down, the biggest idiot that's ever been in the White House...

"Salute the Marine..." (as he looks at the Marine)
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2021 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If not for the Democrats, the pipeline would be already built and transporting as much oil as it could manage.

Some politicians are more adept at shooting the country in the foot than others...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-27-2021).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2021 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, we have much more to be embarrassed about since the Keystone pipeline cancelation.
Yeah, it's embarrassing......

Rams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2021 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Some politicians are more adept at shooting the country in the foot than others...

Sometims it makes you wonder what is accidental and what isn't.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2021 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Sometims it makes you wonder what is accidental and what isn't.

None of this is by accident.

The puppet just moves as the strings are pulled.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2021 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's why Jill gets to be on top, all the time.
Because Joe can't do anything but f*ck up.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2021 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2021 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

That is the funniest thing I've heard all week.
88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2021 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar you win the internet today sir.

[This message has been edited by 88 Database Guy (edited 08-27-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up"
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up"
[/QUOTE]

Out here in Cali gas is over $5.00. No end in sight.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Out here in Cali gas is over $5.00. No end in sight.

But to be honest, the now cancelled KeytoneXL pipeline wouldn't have changed that one red cent.
It was less than 8% complete, had never transmitted a single gallon of product, and probably wouldn't have for another 18 months.

I bought gas yesterday for $2.89 which is 10 cents above the average for Texas right now.
State Gas Price Averages
State Regular Premium
Texas $2.781 $3.399
Utah $3.819 $4.192
Virginia $2.958 $3.674

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-31-2021).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$3.19 in my area.

90ยข a gallon higher than a year ago.

Thanks Joe
This thread has been moved here: Politics & Religion.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock