Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Newly-minted 'Biden brat' -- billionaire GOP donor + Home Depot cofounder Ken Langone

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Newly-minted 'Biden brat' -- billionaire GOP donor + Home Depot cofounder Ken Langone by rinselberg
Started on: 01-14-2021 01:20 AM
Replies: 2 (230 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 01-17-2021 11:27 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you're wanting to buy--I dunno--maybe a rubber mallet to smash up your TV screen? Because you're tired of the kind of news reports that are being broadcast?

You could buy it at Home Depot.

Or not.

"Trump-supporting billionaire Ken Langone: 'Republicans betrayed us.'"

"I'm going to do everything I can from Day One to make sure I do my part to make Joe Biden the most successful president in the history of the country," he said. "If he's a great, successful president, we all win."

Langone said the country is facing "major issues," citing the pandemic, mounting debt, crumbling infrastructure and an underfunded public school system.
An excerpt. (I hope that's obvious.)

Alexis Benveniste for CNN Business; January 13, 2021.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01...kedrail_topeditorial

I just realized that "Biden brat" (a euphemism that had become almost a signature in recent months of another forum member) is a phrase that was invented as a corollary to what I think is the more thoroughly popularized "Bernie bro'."

Or is that a misapprehension on my part?

I've been looking for a test case (so to speak) to help me suss out the etymology of the "Biden brat" construct, from a linguistic perspective, and this news report about Home Depot cofounder Ken Langone is tailor-made for that purpose. So, a serendipitous occurrence.

TGIF TGITh

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-14-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WRONG AGAIN

Langone was NEVER a "cofounder of Home Depot"

He founded the Wall Street financial firm that LOANED start-up money to the 4 founders of Home Depot in 1978.

He has NEVER sat of their Board of Directors, never been an officer of the company in any capacity and was decidedly NOT a "co-founder".

SEC / EDGAR online shows that Langone isn't even a holder of any significant number of HD shares and never has been.

Moreover, when he backed President Trump's campaign in 2016 he specifically said: "...backing Trump's candidacy is not about Trump. This is the American people using Trump as a token to express their anger and disgust with the system,"

CNN knows that because that was an interview on CNN

Once again you were lied to by your steady diet of Leftist propaganda.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-14-2021).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2021 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... I'm not going to dispute any of that. But that's only a part of this creation. I now use the other part to dangle the bait and await my fate.

"Biden for President"

Wisconsin hosting 'Beer, Brats, and Ballots' rally Sept. 27

CBS 58 Newsroom; September 25, 2020.
https://www.cbs58.com/news/...allots-rally-sept-27

My etymological quest has finally produced some evidence, after I had the epiphany that "Biden Brat" could be a derivative of "Biden Bratwurst."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-17-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock