One guys opinion about civil servants by 2.5
Started on: 01-13-2021 03:40 PM
Replies: 8 (223 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 01-14-2021 09:43 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2021 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"You cannot have a knee jerk reaction to stupidity." "Channel into something positive."

Marked politics because, well we have to.
Why is that? My thoughts are because it drives away those who can't handle it, so we had to make an option so they can choose to "not see" threads about it.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-13-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

"You cannot have a knee jerk reaction to stupidity." "Channel into something positive."

Marked politics because, well we have to.
Why is that? My thoughts are because it drives away those who can't handle it, so we had to make an option so they can choose to "not see" threads about it.

"We"?

I'm pretty sure that was the 'option' chosen and implemented solely by the man that owns, maintains, updates, (and for the greater part), finances, moderates, and operates this board. There's no "we" to it. His house. His rules.

In regards to the video tho, he says about what a hundred dozen or so other youtube folks have been saying for about as long as his type SJW have been posting youtube videos. (Yes, he's a warrior for the type societal justice he and most of the right envisions for the country)
I was hoping for something 'new and improved' instead of the same rehash of BLM public reactions vs horn guy and his crowd's public reactions and 'our rights are being trampled' for 245 years.
Everything he said, has been previously said by more than a few members right here at PFF OT.
As I watched, and saw him get more and more wrapped up, I realized he was having his own kneejerk reactions right there on screen; one of the very things he made the video to complain about when others do it. It was interesting to hear him (about 3-4 minutes in), almost go into that whiny verbal babytalk mode while complaining about what congress (and I assume the White House) did that govt said we the people shouldn't do.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-14-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2021 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Civil Servants are neither civil, nor servants.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

"We"?

I'm pretty sure that was the 'option' chosen and implemented solely by the man that owns, maintains, updates, (and for the greater part), finances, moderates, and operates this board. There's no "we" to it. His house. His rules.

I was hoping for something 'new and improved' instead of the same rehash

We. The forum, is what I mean. In order to keep it "civil" and running. But yes Cliff started the forum and owns it, I can only guess at all the reasons, and would prefer we don't censor ourselves. Still we have to do it while it is the rules.

Yep he is one of the people who isnt happy seeing freedom trodden upon. Thats why at the end he says put that energy to good use. Though his delivery many times can get animated for sure I don't see a problem with that. Hopefully you made it to after the 7:20 mark.

You've been around long enough I imagine many things are a rehash of something, you have nearly said as much. I mean that with respect and I do enjoy our opinions.

-

Here is another snippet about civil servants. If you have any opinion on it.
Quite less animated.

The thing is, I can also appreciate the two parties holding eachother back, many times I see gridlock as better than each side running amuck every time they are at bat. I don't see it as a broken system, as long as elections are legit, but I see it as having allowed too much corruption. I see special interests as groups of citizens acting on behalf of citizens.
But they all need to heed the constitution and bill of rights. Read the bills, think and vote.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-14-2021).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I admit I did not watch the video because I have limited time (Won't talk about how else I am...limited)

I was in the Navy for 4 years (78-82)......Then I started working at N.A.S. Alameda on the A/C re-work lines (S-3 and A-6)...Worked there for 15 years until they decided to close the base (Because I was up for a pay raise and had bought a house (I know they're out to get me!)

Then I got another Govt job at US Coast Guard air station SF chasing parts and Hazmat....Did that for 16 years and then retarded- whoops...I mean Retired!

I have dealt with a bunch of Civil servants during my career- and otherwise; Yes, I have met a few useless fools who should have been....eliminated.....But most of them were really dedicated and tried to do the best they could.

Case in point; All of the mail deliverers I have dealt with have been very good- but my Father had one that would not start delivering mail until noon....Was still walking around at 6 in the evening!

Another (Un-believable) CS worker; At NAS Alameda a bunch of secretaries went thru the A/C mech training program so they could move up from GS-4 to WG-8/10...One of them, Lavada was a heavy-set woman (With 2 inch nails!) I originally thought she would be useless- but 3 years after starting on the S-3 line, she won "Mechanic of the Year"...And noone on the line disagreed. She really was a great mechanic. (Still don't know how she was able to do all of her work with those long nails)

Should we try to limit Civil servants and make an effort to move jobs to the private sector? Yes- but that does not mean that those Govt workers are all bad.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You've been around long enough I imagine many things are a rehash of something, you have nearly said as much. I mean that with respect and I do enjoy our opinions.

"We the forum" did not do that. He, the owner did and for good reason.
True, both over my lifetime and for the time period just dating back about a decade or even less here at OT too.
SSDD has never been more true than it is today.

There's a REASON, why when you watch a youtube video, there's a whole long line/list of similar if not identical videos listed over on the right side of the viewer, all parroting the same spiel as if the issue was just invented the day before or handed down from upon high. Most of the political ones have been posted here at least once in the last few years. The only thing different most of the time is the talking face and truthfully, many of those look like they fell out of the same family tree.

CVXJET, are you familiar with the term 'sandcrab'?

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-14-2021).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No....But I was able to get rid of my crabs.........(They had no sand with them)

Back when I was in the Navy and working at NAS Alameda, I was hard-core Reagan man......!995-98 I started realizing that either party was always blowing BS up everybody's tail-pipe and so switched to Independent....I am somewhat Libertarian in some of my views....But hate everything Berkeley does, and can't stand fools like Pelosi and Hildabeast....

I do fully understand that being in any way conservative now requires that you agree with TRUMP!!! one hundred percent all the time...so I am obviously a leftist/commie/Mussy by the "Right's" definition....

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

I have dealt with a bunch of Civil servants during my career- and otherwise; Yes, I have met a few useless fools who should have been....eliminated.....But most of them were really dedicated and tried to do the best they could.

For sure, just like anything else, people are individuals and should be held individually accountable, always. Check out the second vid though, just like racists using racism to lead sheep in herds ("against racism"), it happens similarly with our civil servants unless they stand up against it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2021 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cvxjet:
Sandcrab is an old school active duty USN term for the hordes of civilian workers in Navy shipyards or USN bases.

Sandcrab - A sideways-walking, scavenging beach creature. Refers to a civilian Naval contractor or civil service.

I first heard the term at NATTC Millington Tn in the late 60s. I had gone to the dispensary to tuen in my med records and the Corpsman said "Drop that off to the sandcrab on your way out" and pointed to a civilian worker at the first doorway down the hall. I questioned an old Marine in Bldg -86 in '72 why they were called that , and he told me "Watch olHarold there, when goes across the hangar floor"

Sure enough Ol Harold left where he was 'working' with some temp students waiting for AD school to start up, started over toward the classrooms, stopped and shifted right to a group of sailors looking at a landing gear off an old prop plane, then started again toward the row of classrooms, zigged 90 deg left to the coffee pot, left there going in the opposite direction and disappeared into the adjacent hangar space for a few seconds, the came back into our space and finally made his way into one of the empty spaces between the classrooms and came out with a mockup wingmount 50 cal. His course back to where he began, was just as erratic & convoluted and in more modern terms would look like something out of video game Frogger.

I witnessed the same type movement in the civilian workforce at El Toro and Ch Pt Marine Air Stations, and certainly at Subic.

https://www.hazegray.org/faq/slang2.htm

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock