Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  It must have REALLY been spinning fast..

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
It must have REALLY been spinning fast.. by maryjane
Started on: 01-10-2021 08:04 PM
Replies: 8 (197 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 01-12-2021 08:54 AM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to compact a whole year into one day.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It makes sense. The earth's mass is getting more concentrated closer to the core, what with so many people headed straight to hell these days.
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's all those people burning old tires with whale oil, causing Global Warming.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

It makes sense. The earth's mass is getting more concentrated closer to the core, what with so many people headed straight to hell these days.

That reminds me of Tutus and watching figure skaters do pirouettes. Not something I'm interested in watching you do or trying myself.

Rams
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think maybe he was talking about the Hutus and Tutsis.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used to tell people that the day I put my freshly rebuilt Olds 455 big block into a car and floor it, it will upset the Earth's rotation due to it's copious amounts of torque.

Unfortunately, this engine has sat on an engine stand in an undisclosed Central Florida location for the past decade. Still has break-in oil in it... last time I even bothered to turn over the crank was 6 years ago.
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is the Earth's rotation speending up a function of climate change? Oh no maybe this is spinning out of control and we are now moving toards "Universe climate change" or "Universal Cooling" (lol)
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2021 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I used to tell people that the day I put my freshly rebuilt Olds 455 big block into a car and floor it, it will upset the Earth's rotation due to it's copious amounts of torque.

Unfortunately, this engine has sat on an engine stand in an undisclosed Central Florida location for the past decade. Still has break-in oil in it... last time I even bothered to turn over the crank was 6 years ago.

My guess is that getting in a hurry isn't your style.............

Rams
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2021 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WRAL from Raleigh, North Carolina, has it covered in this very brief video presentation "According to LiveScience, the Earth recorded its 28 fastest [shortest] days since 1960 in 2020." Get the scientific lowdown from none other than Wolfgang Dick. Who's Wolfgang Dick? Well... it's in the video.

https://www.wral.com/earth-...scientists/19467724/

This Internet page link might work better. I don't know. I just tested the first one, but it kind of Fast Forwarded to halfway through the video.
http://wral.com/19467724?ut...mail&utm_source=wral

It seems to be a "wash."

I think anyone who is interested can use either of these Internet page links to review the entire video from start to finish.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-12-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock