Started on: 01-08-2021 08:38 AM
Replies: 49 (776 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 01-13-2021 08:11 PM
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2021 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sch-weet! Super picture.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 01-09-2021).]

IP: Logged
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2021 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

did your grandfather play?

Yes.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/125809.html
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2021 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Back about 50 years ago, some Japanese manufacturers were selling guitars that very closely resembled Gibsons. Gibson sued and the "counterfeit" guitars were not allowed to copy the open book headstock, at least for US sales. These guitars are now known as "lawsuit era" guitars.

A friend of mine has one of those.... An Ibanez Flying V, which was made for a few years before Gibson sued them. Apparently he got it brand new for Christmas when he was about 14 or so and he still plays it today. Kudos to him for keeping it all these years! He recently bought a second one just to have for parts or as a backup and it was pretty expensive now.

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2021 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My best friend got an Aria Pro II Les Paul for Christmas when we were 14-15. Black w/ gold hardware and the Gibson open book head stock that Gibson balked about. Wonder if he still has it?

Grampa gifted me a 1964 Univox hollow body electric when I was 15. Sunburst. Still have it. Tremolo bar is about 1' long.
When he died My Aunt gave me his natural 1994 Epiphone Sheraton. I don't remember him having it, but he could play pretty well.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2021 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Grampa gifted me a 1964 Univox hollow body electric when I was 15. Sunburst. Still have it. Tremolo bar is about 1' long.

Is that shaped like a 335 or a Gretsch? Do you have a pic?
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2021 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure. But I have pics if they aren't skewed due to angle taken.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2021 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! The reason I asked is that I have a Gretsch shaped '60s Univox that seems to be pretty rare. I bought it decades ago and it was already pretty hacked up.

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-09-2021 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to keep an look out for one similar. Univox made some nice looking guitars that survived well. One went through my favorite shop a few months ago. Wish I'd have committed it to memory. Nice looking piece. It looks stately.

Looks like mine is the HR-2.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 01-09-2021).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2021 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Nap of the earth? Ha. Try 200 feet at night at 510 knots with every Iraqi gunner trying to kill you. They called the F111 the whispering death because by the time you heard me fly over the bombs were already in flight. And you can’t run that fast.

TBH I respect helicopters and their crew. Many a downed pilot praised them for being rescued.

Takes all kinds of brave souls. Sir I sincerely do appreciate you and your service to this country. My unit(s) did a lot of training (mostly with NG) in downed pilot training, never actually had to do it myself.

The one type of flight that always raised the hair on the back of my neck was NOE under NVGs. Had to be qualified, didn't like it but, it was part of the job. Wires are not yer friend.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-10-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-13-2021 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found an Epiphone SG G-400 PRO, which just means it's got a set neck, coil taps on both pickups, alnico magnets in the pickups, Wilkinson machineheads to mimic Gibsons and the same trapezoid fretboad inlays like a Gibson. It's in mint condition.

Epiphone top. Still has the coil tap stickers around the volume knobs.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock