Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  House Judiciary Democrats ask Pence to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Trump (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
House Judiciary Democrats ask Pence to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Trump by blackrams
Started on: 01-06-2021 11:13 PM
Replies: 48 (775 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 01-12-2021 06:16 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
House Judiciary Democrats ask Pence to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Trump
https://www.msn.com/en-us/n...1cxliM?ocid=msedgdhp

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee sent a letter to Vice President Pence on Wednesday evening imploring him to invoke the 25th Amendment and remove President Trump from office.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee sent a letter to Vice President Pence on Wednesday evening imploring him to invoke the 25th Amendment and remove President Trump from office.

Jerrold Nadler, Pramila Jayapal, Doug Collins sitting at a desk: House Judiciary Democrats ask Pence to invoke 25th Amendment to remove TrumpĀ© Bonnie Cash House Judiciary Democrats ask Pence to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Trump

Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) shared the letter on Twitter writing, "I am sending a letter with

@RepTedLieu and our colleagues on the House Judiciary Committee, calling on Vice President Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Donald Trump from office after today's events."

In addition to Cicilline, the letter was signed by Reps. Cori Bush (Mo.), Steve Cohen (Tenn.), Madeleine Dean (Pa.), Ted Deutch (Fla.), Veronica Escobar (Texas), Mary Gay Scanlon (Pa.), Sylvia Garcia (Texas), Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas), Pramila Jayapal (Wash.), Hank Johnson (Ga.), Mondaire Jones (N.Y.), Ted Lieu (Calif.), Lucy McBath (Ga.), Jerrold Nadler (N.Y.), Joe Neguse (Colo.) and Jamie Raskin (Md.).

The push to end Trump's term before Jan. 20 comes just hours after a pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol as Congress was ratifying the Electoral College votes showing President-elect Joe Biden was victorious.

"It is with great sadness that we write to you following the incidents that unfolded at the U.S. Capitol today. As you presided over the U.S. Senate, angry supporters of President Trump attempted an insurrection, illegally storming and breaching the U.S. Capitol building to stop the certification of President-elect Biden's victory," the lawmakers wrote.

They went on to cite the 25th Amendment to the Constitution, which provides an avenue through which the vice president and Cabinet can remove a sitting president who is "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office."

"Even in his video announcement this afternoon, President Trump revealed that he is not mentally sound and is still unable to process and accept the results of the 2020 election," the lawmakers wrote to Pence.

"For the sake of our democracy, we emphatically urge you to invoke the 25th Amendment and begin the process of removing President Trump from power. President has shown time and again that he is unwilling to protect our Democracy and carry out the duties of the office."

[u]Decisions have consequences. [/u

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-06-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're just posturing. They know that a letter that's addressed to Mike Pence and postmarked today will never arrive until the day after January 20, at the earliest.

Remember who's the Postmaster General.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-06-2021).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

House Judiciary Democrats ask Pence to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Trump

So instead of trying to help calm things down after today, Demorats decided to throw some gasoline on the fire.

They really and truly do not understand what's happening.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-06-2021).]

sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2021 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump successfully exposed just what scum our elitist masters are in DC.
This crap is broken and gets worse every cycle.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

They're just posturing. They know that a letter that's addressed to Mike Pence and postmarked today will never arrive until the day after January 20, at the earliest.

Remember who's the Postmaster General.

Or, courtesy of the magic of the US Postal System, Mike Pence will somehow recieve 50,000+ identical letters ON Jan 20th, even tho just one was sent....

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-07-2021).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Or, courtesy of the magic of the US Postal System, Mike Pence will somehow recieve 50,000+ identical letters ON Jan 20th, even tho just one was sent....

That's funny right there. laughed out loud.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Schumer calls for 25th Amendment to be invoked after Capitol riots

https://www.msn.com/en-us/n...1cyISA?ocid=msedgdhp

Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) on Thursday called for President Trump to be removed from office through the 25th Amendment after a pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol the day before.

"What happened at the U.S. Capitol yesterday was an insurrection against the United States, incited by the president. This president should not hold office one day longer," Schumer said in a statement.

"The quickest and most effective way - it can be done today - to remove this president from office would be for the Vice President to immediately invoke the 25th amendment. If the Vice President and the Cabinet refuse to stand up, Congress should reconvene to impeach the president," he added.

Talk of invoking the 25th Amendment has spiked since Wednesday, when rioters overran the Capitol, breaching both the House and Senate chambers and suspending the counting of President-elect Joe Biden's Electoral College win for hours. Congress reconvened on Wednesday night and formally finished tallying the win early Thursday morning.

Schumer is the highest-ranking Democrat to throw his support behind removing Trump from office with roughly two weeks left in his administration. Democratic lawmakers, outside groups and even GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) have thrown their support behind the idea.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has not weighed in on removing Trump through the 25th Amendment in the wake of Wednesday's violence.

A source confirmed to The Hill on Wednesday night that administration officials have started discussing the possibility of invoking the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office, an extraordinary step that would require a majority of Cabinet officials plus Vice President Pence to declare to Congress that Trump is unable to fulfill his duties as president.

More Grandstanding by a wannabe...........

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-07-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geez Louise! Just 13 days left, what in hell are these people so afraid of?
The left has become a bizarre satanic cult, the church of the Anti-Trump. Are they working on a crown of thorns, too?

They need a hobby, like Covid or Putin or something. Haven't they got anything productive to do?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-07-2021).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our government is being run by a bunch of pouty children.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

The left has become a bizarre satanic cult, the church of the Anti-Trump. Are they working on a crown of thorns, too?

They need a hobby, like Covid or Putin or something. Haven't they got anything productive to do?

As Yoda might say, The dark side of the force is strong in this one. They hate DJT and anything they can do to discredit him is fair game. Very similar to how it is here on this forum for some.

Rams
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Nothing is off the table" - Sen. Chuck Schumer

"Never let a crisis go to waste" - Rahm Emmanuel
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm neither a Trump nor Biden fan but they're worried Trump won't peacefully leave the office on the 20th. They're right to think that as Trump has said numerous times that he won't go quietly.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ā€œHereā€™s the truth: The president caused this. The president is unfit, and the president is unwell,ā€ Kinzinger said, addressing conspiracy theorists who joined in the mob breaching the Capitol.

I know you don't want to hear this, but Kinzinger is a REPUBLICAN.....

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Discussion this morning on the local news station was that invoking the 25th to remove him from office would disqualify him from running for re-election in 2024. I do no know if that is true or not.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Discussion this morning on the local news station was that invoking the 25th to remove him from office would disqualify him from running for re-election in 2024. I do no know if that is true or not.

Because they are afraid the American people might make the "wrong choice" again.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Because they are afraid the American people might make the "wrong choice" again.

There is NO chance that Donald J Trump will ever get elected as POTUS again. Absolutely no chance. Zip, Zilch, Nada.

If anyone would care to bet $100(US) against my claim, to be paid into Cliff Pennock's Beer Fund, now's the time to speak up.

And if Cliff Pennock would agree to this, I suggest a permanent banishment from PFF to the loser of this bet if payment is not made within 30 days of the conclusion of the next US presidential election.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not that enthused about the idea of truncating Trump's presidency by a few days by invoking the 25th Amendment. I'm not any more enthused about the idea of the House passing new articles of Impeachment against him.

I think they ought to convene one of the House committees and invite Alec Baldwin to reprise his SNL "Trump" character. Alec Baldwin and some of the current SNL cast. That should garner some prime time TV coverage from the likes of NBC News, CNN, MSNBC ...
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

I do not believe this is correct. The 25th just invokes an emergency takeaway, which Trump can then appeal. Impeachment is the only thing that can disqualify him from future federal positions.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I do not believe this is correct. The 25th just invokes an emergency takeaway, which Trump can then appeal. Impeachment is the only thing that can disqualify him from future federal positions.

Without further research, I believe you are correct. If I remember correctly, the VP and cabinet would have to agree and the president would have 5 days to contest it with the two houses of congress agreeing but, working off of memory and I really don't trust that.
I believe there is also a way for the two houses to try but, I'd have to research it and to be honest, I'm not interested in wasting my time doing that when I know it's not going to happen.

Oh hell, I got curious. I don't normally consider the Washington Post a good source but, that's all the effort I'm putting into it.
How the 25th Amendment to the Constitution works: A simplified look
https://nypost.com/article/...nt-works-simplified/

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-07-2021).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 25th Amendment says nothing about the President being unfit for election. It only describes procedures for removal from office, and reinstatement. Here is the full text:

25th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Section 1
In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3
Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

If you add up the numbers, it could take almost a month to remove a President against their will. President Trump only has 13 days left.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

The 25th Amendment says nothing about the President being unfit for election. It only describes procedures for removal from office, and reinstatement. Here is the full text:

If you add up the numbers, it could take almost a month to remove a President against their will. President Trump only has 13 days left.

It's just an attempt to add more of Pelosi and Schumer's crap to DJT legacy.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not that enthused about the idea of truncating Trump's presidency by a few days by invoking the 25th Amendment. I'm not any more enthused about the idea of the House passing new articles of Impeachment against him.

I think they ought to convene one of the House committees and invite Alec Baldwin to reprise his SNL "Trump" character. Alec Baldwin and some of the current SNL cast. That should garner some prime time TV coverage from the likes of NBC News, CNN, MSNBC ...

That's kinda funny, rinse!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I

That's funny, maybe even hilaria. Perhaps he could do it in a Spanish accent?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not just that.

If anyone cared to follow the full text of the law, it requires a full TWO THIRDS the entire Congress to vote in agreement.

That's the technical legal aspect, but you're spot on that the functionality of it is that there are only 13 days left in t he President's term.

Additionally, and in case a few here have failed to learn anything from the impeachment nonsense from last year, the President can only be removed from office by a TWO THIRDS vote of the U.S. Senate. Accordingly that ISN'T going to happen even considering the insufficient time remaining in President Trump's present term.

The authors of our Constitution and the American people, by way of their ratification of subsequent Amendments by TWO THIRDS of the states (as made law in our Constitution), have made extraordinary efforts that a small minority of people cannot remove a duly elected President by fiat, connivance or conspiracy.

I'll add that the 25th Amendment was NOT ratified to enable anyone to remove a President because they don't like what he says or does.

It was specifically written and ratified to address the line of Presidential succession, and the legal mechanics of doing that, in the aftermath of the assassination of President Kennedy.

If anyone doubts that, you simply need to consult the Congressional record and contemporary media reporting to read the arguments justifying the need for the amendment.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-07-2021).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Not just that.

If anyone cared to follow the full text of the law, it requires a full TWO THIRDS the entire Congress to vote in agreement.

That's the technical legal aspect, but you're spot on that the functionality of it is that there are only 13 days left in t he President's term.

Additionally, and in case a few here have failed to learn anything from the impeachment nonsense from last year, the President can only be removed from office by a TWO THIRDS vote of the U.S. Senate. Accordingly that ISN'T going to happen even considering the insufficient time remaining in President Trump's present term.

The authors of our Constitution and the American people, by way of their ratification of subsequent Amendments by TWO THIRDS of the states (as made law in our Constitution), have made extraordinary efforts that a small minority of people cannot remove a duly elected President by fiat, connivance or conspiracy.

I'll add that the 25th Amendment was NOT ratified to enable anyone to remove a President because they don't like what he says or does.

It was specifically written and ratified to address the line of Presidential succession, and the legal mechanics of doing that, in the aftermath of the assassination of President Kennedy.

If anyone doubts that, you simply need to consult the Congressional record and contemporary media reporting to read the arguments justifying the need for the amendment.

This isnā€™t quite right. Upon invoking the 25th, the President is immediately out temporarily, but can submit a written appeal, which the VP can respond to, then (if it gets this far), it comes to a vote.

Not like this will happen, and not like the existing Cabinet would support Pence if he elected to do this anyway, but the idea would be that the 25th would get us to Inauguration Day without the President getting his powers back.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This isnā€™t quite right. Upon invoking the 25th, the President is immediately out temporarily, but can submit a written appeal, which the VP can respond to, then (if it gets this far), it comes to a vote.

Not like this will happen, and not like the existing Cabinet would support Pence if he elected to do this anyway, but the idea would be that the 25th would get us to Inauguration Day without the President getting his powers back.

The fact that you think that the 25th Amendment could or should be used for political expediency says a lot of very bad things about your beliefs.
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sad part is those people think it's acceptable to bastardize the framework of our government, just because they can't wait a couple weeks.

If those dirtbags could get their grubby mits on the Constitution, they'd probably wipe their asses with it, and complain the paper isn't soft enough.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 01-08-2021).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blacktree

20770 posts
Member since Dec 2001
oops

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 01-08-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 06:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The sad part is those people think it's acceptable to bastardize the framework of our government, just because they can't wait a couple weeks.

If those dirtbags could get their grubby mits on the Constitution, they'd probably wipe their asses with it, and complain the paper isn't soft enough.

It has little to do with 'waiting'.
It's all about hate and being able to say they got him thrown out of (removed) from office, especially since their impeachment gambit failed.
This goes all the way back to the 2016 election results when The Anointed One, a woman steeped in a lifetime of politics and 'political saavy' lost to a newcomer.
The Left , has not gotten over that and it never will.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

It has little to do with 'waiting'.
It's all about hate and being able to say they got him thrown out of (removed) from office, especially since their impeachment gambit failed.
This goes all the way back to the 2016 election results when The Anointed One, a woman steeped in a lifetime of politics and 'political saavy' lost to a newcomer.
The Left , has not gotten over that and it never will.

The Left is terrified of President Trump, even when he leaves office in a few days.

He will continue to lead a large movement and he is eligible to run again in 2024 if he chooses....and THAT scares the bejesus out of them....thus their fantasy of a quick 2 week impeachment and the Senate voting to remove him from office and bar him from ever holding office again.

That would require two thirds of the US Senate voting to agree to such a move and obviously that is NOT going to happen.

The Left has not gotten over ANY Republican win for the Presidency and they have filed articles of impeachment against EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT SINCE EISENHOWER with the sole exception of Gerald Ford.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2021 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What they're doing is throwing a total troll at him because some protesters passed gas while sitting in their office chairs.
They're trolling Trump to the end. And they're showing how childish they can be as was said above.

Originally posted by Patrick:

And if Cliff Pennock would agree to this, I suggest a permanent banishment from PFF to the loser of this bet if payment is not made within 30 days of the conclusion of the next US presidential election.

Cliff would be better off just banning you. It's time to drain the swamp.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 01-08-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

The fact that you think that the 25th Amendment could or should be used for political expediency says a lot of very bad things about your beliefs.

Where did I say that? I donā€™t think that. Donā€™t twist what Iā€™ve said just because you were wrong.

I think he shouldā€™ve been impeached long ago. I can understand impeaching now, to make sure when this happens in the future, there is set precedent, but I donā€™t think it makes a ton of sense given we have fewer than two weeks left. I donā€™t think the 25th should be used. Itā€™ll just make everything worse.

Could it be used? Yes. Itā€™s written right there in the 25th exactly how itā€™s used, and the powers are broad.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where did I say that? I donā€™t think that. Donā€™t twist what Iā€™ve said just because you were wrong.

I think he shouldā€™ve been impeached long ago. I can understand impeaching now, to make sure when this happens in the future, there is set precedent, but I donā€™t think it makes a ton of sense given we have fewer than two weeks left. I donā€™t think the 25th should be used. Itā€™ll just make everything worse.

Could it be used? Yes. Itā€™s written right there in the 25th exactly how itā€™s used, and the powers are broad.

Knowing that what goes around, eventually comes around again.
I believe this should be allowed to die a very natural death. This is all about throwing crap at DJT. We all know it. Where were all these folks when Rep. Maxine Waters advocated protests and Speaker Pelosi didn't care about statues as it applied to rioting.

I am not suggesting anything but what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-08-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2021 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams: Where were all these folks when Rep. Maxine Waters advocated protests and Speaker Pelosi didn't care about statues as it applied to rioting.

I am not suggesting anything but what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Rams

She didn't just call for protests. She called for people to physically, aggressively intimidate Trump supporters anywhere they see them.

She needs to the feel the same wrath.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

She didn't just call for protests. She called for people to physically, aggressively intimidate Trump supporters anywhere they see them.

She needs to the feel the same wrath.

You are correct. Thanks for the correction.

Rams
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A large part of the inane actions of the DNC is to keep their ignorant base riled up. Many voters are not well versed in the laws of this nation, and will believe anything that the media reports.

So much of what they do is just for the optics or the symbolism.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

A large part of the inane actions of the DNC is to keep their ignorant base riled up. Many voters are not well versed in the laws of this nation, and will believe anything that the media reports.

So much of what they do is just for the optics or the symbolism.

I believe you are correct in the above posting.

I also believe that all this talk about impeaching President Trump or enacting the 25th Amendment is to ensure DJT can't run again. While I doubt that will happen, the Dems don't want to go there.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-08-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2021 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's too old for that and didn't deliver the first time.

The problem now is that he was our last chance for the next 20 years. the media/social media and voting systems are now locked in and even a billionaire won't be able to brute his way in again. They'll get no media platform and no votes. Soon they'll outlaw all dissent. You won't get credit, a job and you won't be able to trade if you have wrong think. That's next.
Trump was the last one (edit-last outsider) who will be allowed to use the system without restraints to get elected. He used social media, news media. They started filtering him after elected so the next guy will get filtered from the start. Netanyahu/Bloomberg types will be the only ones allowed to use without filter.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 01-08-2021).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Knowing that what goes around, eventually comes around again.
I believe this should be allowed to die a very natural death. This is all about throwing crap at DJT. We all know it. Where were all these folks when Rep. Maxine Waters advocated protests and Speaker Pelosi didn't care about statues as it applied to rioting.

Rams

I agree it should die a natural death, but I don't think it's about throwing crap at DJT. I think it's about the health of the nation. You can take a stance that we're so close that we should just get through it (my preference), or you can take a stance that it's dangerous to allow a President to overhaul an election on no more than allegations (which is certainly what DJT tried to do), and that ignoring it just leaves the door open for the future. I personally don't think it's that dire, and I trust our process, but that's how I see the two sides of it.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2021 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's because it's your side that's winning. Don't fret. You'll keep getting it your way.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock