Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  How close do you think election 2024 will be?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How close do you think election 2024 will be? by 2.5
Started on: 01-06-2021 04:43 PM
Replies: 28 (404 views)
Last post by: randye on 01-08-2021 11:54 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To soon?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WAY too soon. We don't even know who's going to run.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2024 will totally depend on what the Dems do or don’t do.
Joe, Nancy and Chuck are hopefully paying attention. Maybe the “Press”. Should think about how they fueled this fire also.

Rams
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ain't skeered.
It will be close but not as much so as the 2020 election was. about 10 million votes will separate winner and loser.
The electoral vote tho,will be about where 2020 was/is.
(This, predicated on there NOT being a strong 3rd party/independent candidate.)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-06-2021).]

sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-06-2021 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Easy money says Deep State in a squeaker so that people think they have a say (despite having no say).
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're assuming there will be an election.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the way things are going, I would not be surprised if there were no elections in 2024. You know, in the interest of public safety and all.

English lyrics: https://lyricstranslate.com...html#songtranslation

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-06-2021).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19465 posts
Member since Mar 2009

Originally posted by olejoedad:

You beat me to it, by on minute.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a couple of years ago, I heard some on the left say the same thing regarding 2020 elections.
Some more recently than that....

“Beware, Trump is really trying to use Covid-19 to suspend the elections and remain President for the next 4 years. BEWARE.”

And:
https://www.thedailybeast.c...stpone-2020-election

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember some comments from Trump during the summer about delaying the November elections. Trial-ballooning it, so to speak. And if memory serves me, it was Mitch McConnell that was quick to let the air out of that balloon. So the concerns that Trump might try in some way to try to postpone the November elections from the likes of filmmaker Michael Moore and others were not entirely unfounded.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-06-2021).]

otakudude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Democrats now have total control of how we vote so I predict it will be a Democratic landslide in all races down to dogcatcher no matter who they front
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I remember some comments from Trump during the summer about delaying the November elections. Trial-ballooning it, so to speak. And if memory serves me, it was Mitch McConnell that was quick to let the air out of that balloon. So the concerns that Trump might try in some way to try to postpone the November elections from the likes of filmmaker Michael Moore and others were not entirely unfounded.

IIRC, Trump 1st made those comments right around July 30 (that's when all the news was talking about it.

MM made his comments on June 6 .

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by otakudude:

Democrats now have total control of how we vote so I predict it will be a Democratic landslide in all races down to dogcatcher no matter who they front

Should that be true, I have no doubt today’s extracurricular activities will be repeated and enhanced.

Rams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your sentiment, as well as others, were in the back of my mind as I began this thread.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why do you (and others) think there wouldn't be an election in 2024?

This, is what comes nearest to infuriating me. The US, in over 240 years has NEVER postponed or cancelled a national presidential election. Not during the civil war, not during the 1918 flu outbreak, not during WW1, not during WW2, or any other time, and yet contemporary individuals and groups place so much importance on themselves, contemporary times and events, they appear to think "It's different now..different this time".
Why?
Because 'now', 'it' affects them, (us) or at least in their 'special' minds it does. Ya'll starting to sound like MeM with his monthly "end of the world' screed.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, sooner or later its gonna happen. Even a broken clock gets it right twice a day !
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe there will be an election. Just the same as there is Pro Wrestling.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the political climate in this country, and the dispositions of Democrats in high places, I will take nothing for granted.

Vigilant oversight of our government is paramount.

I would rather acknowledge the possibility than just ignore it.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I just keep an open mind and like conversation. No one seemed to predict covid for instance. I suppose defining election comes into play. An election as we know/knew it? A fair one? A fraud free one? One that isnt "virtual"? One where voters are identified? One where you must be a citizen? There are plenty of options. Other things besides will there be one, also passed through my mind, as possible opinions folks may have.. whom might participate in this thread as well . Including things turning around and a smooth decisive election that is not fishy in the least. I appreciate all the input of each of you, it takes all kinds, and I'm glad for that. Actual diversity. (of those who will participate)

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-07-2021).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They have no (real) reason. If President Trump, who literally fostered distrust in the election and claimed the election should just be ignored, didn’t make them think this, then the only answer is partisanship.

We will have an election. President-Elect Biden, VP-Elect Harris, and other key high profile Democrats have given no remotely plausible inclination otherwise. It’s all just fear-mongering. People have said the same about every president that I can remember.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, there will be an election, I have no doubt.

People will vote.

The question is if we can trust the tabulation process.

People with doubts about this election are interested in how the system will be secured for the future.

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
I just keep an open mind and like conversation. No one seemed to predict covid for instance. I suppose defining election comes into play. An election as we know/knew it? A fair one? A fraud free one? One that isnt "virtual"? One where voters are identified? One where you must be a citizen? There are plenty of options. Other things besides will there be one, also passed through my mind, as possible opinions folks may have.. whom might participate in this thread as well . Including things turning around and a smooth decisive election that is not fishy in the least. I appreciate all the input of each of you, it takes all kinds, and I'm glad for that. Actual diversity. (of those who will participate)

Bill Gates.

I'm not taking any extra time to review what I believe are the facts, but I think it goes like this:

In 2015, during a TED presentation, Bill Gates was talking about the possibility of a global pandemic in a way that was so prescient that it's almost like he was looking into a crystal ball and seeing Covid-19 five years before there was "Covid-19."

In the early days of the Trump presidency, Bill Gates approached President Trump to volunteer his assistance in terms of improving the preparedness of the United States to react to something like Covid-19, which Bill Gates had already described as a worrisome and not unlikely possibility. Bill Gates laid it out as an opportunity for Donald Trump to create a positive legacy for the Trump presidency. But the Trump-Gates Pandemic Preparedness Partnership or TGPPP (OK, I made that up--the acronym) did not happen.

This is based on something I saw like maybe just over a week ago on MSNBC. I think it was "The Beat" with Ari Melber. A year's end rebroadcast of something that had already aired before. IIRC the rap and hip-hop-enthused MSNBC anchor (Ari Melber) interviewed Bill Gates on-air about the Covid pandemic.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-07-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, as my wife might put it, many are "borrowing trouble".
Presented as and discussing a valid hypothetical is one thing but that is not at all what I see happening here. The initial question asked was expected at some point, but the course of the discussion quickly and unexpectedly made a bizarre turn.
What is happening?
Inventing a scenario that currently and for 245 years has never presented itself as any kind of reality except in the minds of conspiracy theorists.

(A Covid like/type pandemic tho, has been planned for, discussed, 'wargamed' against on the national and international level for as long as I can remember and probably ever since the last really big one in the early 1900s. The likelihood (almost a certainty) of it happening at some point was and is well known as is the next Earth changing asteroid impact. Not a matter of if, but when. Why?
Precedent. Pandemics are a well studied and recurring part of human history and most likely predate modern man by eons.
The Cassandra aspect tho, kicked in and even today, there are many deniers.
History, will not be kind to them.)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 01-07-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, as my wife might put it, many are "borrowing trouble".
Presented as and discussing a valid hypothetical is one thing but that is not at all what I see happening here. The initial question asked was expected at some point, but the course of the discussion quickly and unexpectedly made a bizarre turn.
What is happening?
Inventing a scenario that currently and for 245 years has never presented itself as any kind of reality except in the minds of conspiracy theorists.

(A Covid like/type pandemic tho, has been planned for, discussed, 'wargamed' against on the national and international level for as long as I can remember and probably ever since the last really big one in the early 1900s. The likelihood (almost a certainty) of it happening at some point was and is well known as is the next Earth changing asteroid impact. Not a matter of if, but when. Why?
Precedent. Pandemics are a well studied and recurring part of human history and most likely predate modern man by eons.
The Cassandra aspect tho, kicked in and even today, there are many deniers.
History, will not be kind to them.)

Do you think a successful election cheat has been planned, tried or practiced for quite a while as well in various forms? Also a recurring part of human history?
Something that also has happend in various places, even not long ago?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-08-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Oh, there will be an election, I have no doubt.

People will vote.

The question is if we can trust the tabulation process.

People with doubts about this election are interested in how the system will be secured for the future.

Your point seems like a clear point to me.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you think a successful election cheat has been planned, tried or practiced for quite a while as well in various forms? Also a recurring part of human history?

I don't buy into internet/youtube bullshit conspiracy theories if that is what you're asking.
Does that answer your questions?

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-08-2021 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We know Nixon was cheated of his win.
It's possible they failed at cheating during Hillary's election by not producing enough votes so this time they halted counting in states to get a feel for how many mail-ins were needed in swing states. Makes you wonder about Obama too.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You believe the election was on the up and up, many do not, a decent size percentage do not. Hence the problem with your scenario.
You seem to be boxing conversations to try and give people no choice but to be put into your categories, that is generally a learned trait from the media, but in the end there are much more details to it.

You believe the election was a sham, many do not, a decent size percentage do not. Hence the problem with your scenario.
You seem to be boxing conversations to try and give people no choice but to be put into your categories, that is generally a learned trait from the conspiracy theory media, such as the blowhards on youtube but in the end there are much more details to it.

Never let anyone frame a question..............right Randye?

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe, for now, that the 2024 general election will not be anywhere as close as it was in 2020

Other than the Presidency, 2020 was VERY GOOD for Republicans...WOW!:

In 22 states, Republicans will hold unified control over the governor’s office and both houses of the legislature, giving the party wide political latitude — including in states like Florida and Georgia where Demorats hoped to take a legislative majority.

Republicans flipped the governor’s mansion in Montana and both legislative bodies in New Hampshire garnering the party unified control in two new states.

Demorats will hold both the legislature and governor in only 15 states, and while the party did not lose any of those states, its hopes of flipping legislatures and forming unified governments in North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Minnesota FAILED.

Demorat governors will need to work with Republican legislators in eight states.

Republicans now have plenty of national power to begin carving out new Congressional districts for both the 2022 midterms and the 2024 general election.

They will also be revising and tightening the voting laws in their states to prevent another mail-in ballot, ballot harvesting, ballot counting and oversight fraud fiasco like 2020

Both 2022 and 2024 are going to be very good election years for Republicans.

I will also add that while Congressional Demorats are certainly evil, they are also not dumb when it comes to trying to hold onto, or gain, power so there won't be any wild "packing the Supreme Court" or "DC statehood" or other insane Leftist nonsense while those House and Senate Demorats in "insecure" districts fear backing anything politically suicidal that will piss off all those important moderate independent voters back home that will make or break their aspirations of staying in office beyond 2022.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-09-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock