Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Trump Protestors Storm Capitol; Armed Standoff at House Floor (Page 3)

Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Trash Can.
Trump Protestors Storm Capitol; Armed Standoff at House Floor by theBDub
Started on: 01-06-2021 03:59 PM
Replies: 206 (3035 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 01-09-2021 01:37 PM
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2021 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

Your comparisons are neither equivalent nor coherent. You referred to these people as “patriots”. This is the Capitol building. And a “patriot” as you identify for them died. In exchange for violating a significant symbol of American democracy you have lost support for this ideal in government, and gained... nothing substantial. That’s putting it lightly.

No. I didn't. I responded to a statement that it has never happened in our blah-blah-blah, false pomp and virtue signal blah-blah-blah. You fail so hard at both discussions it's bound to happen with 100 predictability.

However, based on your previous word vomit above regarding race it is hard to imagine that I am talking to anyone other than a sick individual. I am no longer going to grab your low-hanging fruit.

Dude, stay away from my fruit. It might be tempting, but don't.

WS say POC have a higher IQ. They say that. Deal with it.
IP: Logged
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

We are that point in history where if you choose to continue supporting Trump, you are a terrorist sympathizer.

You have had four years to spew your right-wing vitriol... It's time to sit down, shut up, and let the adults do their jobs to put our country back together.

Unfortunately for you there are no adults on the Left which is manifestly evident by you calling 74 Million Americans "terrorist sympathizers".

As I recall you also delight in calling people on this forum Nazis and racists so there's that too.

You are better served by heeding your own "sit down and shut up" admonishment.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-07-2021).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2021 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People have had beyond enough.

They want their freedom back. They want their rights back. They are tired of being pushed around, bullied and micro-managed. Most just want to earn their living and be left alone to enjoy life, and not be slaves to the system. That's what Trump was trying to do mostly.

The left are determined they wont have that.

Yes, they will. One way or another.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The vandals in DC sent a message, they made a statement. It was the same message as the spoiled brats in Portland and Seattle last summer: They don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. They really screwed all of us.

The good people who were there need to grab the instigators by the nape of the neck and bring them out into the light of day.

I am a conservative and I believe Trump has done an admirable job. I believe the election was stolen. I am also opposed to unnecessary, pointless, counterproductive violence and destruction. None of my beliefs are up for debate, so have fun, trolls.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-07-2021).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Accept it at "Face Value"..?

"Facial recognition firm claims ANTIFA infiltrated Trump protesters who stormed Capitol"

A retired military officer told The Washington Times that the firm XRVision used its software to do facial recognition of protesters and matched two Philadelphia antifa members to two men inside the Senate.

The source provided the photo match to The Times.
Rowan Scarborough for the Washington Times; January 6, 2021.
https://www.washingtontimes...iltrated-protesters/

"Trump loyalists push evidence-free claims that ANTIFA activists fueled mob"

On Wednesday night when Congress reconvened to resume the certification of President-elect Joe Biden's win, [Trump ally] Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., used his time to also float that antifa was behind the violence.

“I don’t know if the reports are true, but The Washington Times has just reported some pretty compelling evidence from a facial recognition company that some of the people who breached the Capitol today were not Trump supporters, they were masquerading as Trump supporters, and in fact were members of the violent terrorist group antifa,” Gaetz said.
Brandy Zadrozny and Ben Collins for NBC News; January 6, 2021.
https://www.nbcnews.com/tec...-fueled-mob-n1253176

Yin and Yang. Point and Counterpoint. Matter and Anti-matter. "You make the call."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-07-2021).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
"The glove that dare not speak its name"

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
Photo: Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images

Correct me if I'm mistaken here, but I think this is President Trump addressing the "Stop The Steal" protesters yesterday in front of the White House and urging them to walk en masse along Pennsylvania Avenue and reassemble in front of the Capitol Building.

According to the video that I have seen (aired on MSNBC; hope it's not a "deep fake") President Trump told the protesters that he would be with them in front of the Capitol Building, but that did not happen. He did not "Make It So."

Jus sayin'

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-07-2021).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Trump Presidency and Covid should have really taught people something very important that those who really understand our pollical system have been saying all along and way before Trump, Obama, Bush and etc.

But the media and social media even more has also deepen the miscaption about our pollical system that many people have become so ingrained to looking at it through such a narrow lens that they don't make any logical sense, yet it is passed as mainstream thinking. Our only really saving grace from this is that "mostly" it is harmless to everyone in our current era. Not to say that it has or leads to widespread economic damage and deaths as collateral damage, but modernity is really changing that.

Much like religion and those that would identify as religious. I remember seeing a presentation on a survey by Neil Tyson, that 90% of the USA would identify as religious. But if you had a college degree (in any field), 70% of those people in that group would identify as religious. If you had a college degree in hard science and engineering , the number of religious people dropped to 40%. It went all the way to those that had PhD's in hard science, and that group, those that identify as religious dropped to 7%. The point was that the more you deeply understand subjects, committed to higher learning and understand and uncovering truths, the more likely you were to know that there is no sky God. But those that are religious and believe in a sky god and that someone is listening to your prayers, it is really ok, because it is mostly harmless thinking and really doesn't harm you.

The same applies to politics. People that are highly politically charged are no different that those that are religious. The media figures and pundits on TV or any media platform, like Rachel Maddow and Sean Hannity are the same as any religious tv evangelist like Pat Robertson. If you like them and want to stay politically charged, then so be it. It's mostly harmless to absorbed current events spinned to political camps and the satire and trolling that takes place because of it. Sometimes it's entertaining and fun. For many it causes stress and unfounded fears, but so do sharks and spiders.

For those that studied Political Science, we never worried about Obama, Trump, Biden or any other President. Because we know that Presidents have very little power to do anything, especially domestically. And that our system is resilient enough to survive most anything, with the recent example of the Trump Presidency. Your local city council person or county commissioner has more power to affect your personal life than the President and Congress could ever do, yet hardly anyone could even name their own city council person that represents them. As you should have experienced in 2020 with Covid, that Governors have more power than the President, Congress and the entire Judiciary system in America has.

If you listen to the pundits, if you are consumed by the Washington Post, Fox News, NBC or whatever, it is all religious talk from religious people.

I'm glad we had a Trump Presidency to really show people that even a highly charged political environment it created with Tea Party/Trumpsters and BLM/Antifa/99%ers protesters seemingly causing a ruckus, that most everyone is living ordinary lives and ordinary concerns and problem that no matter who the political characters are, they won't and cannot change anything for you. You will also see this with Pee Pad Biden. We will experience a feeble man, who clearly has sundowners and dementia, who you will barely see or hear from (opposite of Trump), and the country and your life will not really change. We will experience a President that will never make a decision on his own, will barely work a couple of hours in a day at best and our system of government will continue to operate as it always have.

Even those on here on PFF, most all really just religious people who just regurgitate stuff from MEM to rinselberg. But is harmless and they are too. Just nobodies with silly ideas.

Meanwhile:

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 01-07-2021).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:
Are you for Trump....Or are you for America? You can't claim both.

I disagree. Are you crazy ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35893 posts
Member since Jun 2003

I don’t care about your politics, with all due respect. Not even going to bother entertaining a conversation in that regard.

Originally posted by sourmash:
The Capitol building got a little cleansing today. I feel better about it now that the citizens illustrated a point to the elite.

Oh yeah? How so?

What did you accomplish today?

You accomplished proving that you do not mean what you say.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well cliffw, aren't you kind of splitting a hair with that one?

Good morning (by the way.)

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We are that point in history where if you choose to continue supporting Trump, you are a terrorist sympathizer.

You have had four years to spew your right-wing vitriol... It's time to sit down, shut up, and let the adults do their jobs to put our country back together.

Look out. The covid drama queen is back!
PFF
System Bot
slicknick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slicknickSend a Private Message to slicknickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"Facial recognition firm claims ANTIFA infiltrated Trump protesters who stormed Capitol"
A retired military officer told The Washington Times that the firm XRVision used its software to do facial recognition of protesters and matched two Philadelphia antifa members to two men inside the Senate.

Since the Washington Times didn't even provide the photos they're hinging their article on, I can only assume it's about these jokers:

https://phillyantifa.org/ke...0pU0pMzqfsEyuldNvqSI

[This message has been edited by slicknick (edited 01-07-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2021 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've learned to just scroll past his posts and settle on something more relevant to the topic.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Trump loyalists push evidence-free claims that ANTIFA activists fueled mob"
On Wednesday night when Congress reconvened to resume the certification of President-elect Joe Biden's win, [Trump ally] Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., used his time to also float that antifa was behind the violence.

“I don’t know if the reports are true, but The Washington Times has just reported some pretty compelling evidence from a facial recognition company that some of the people who breached the Capitol today were not Trump supporters, they were masquerading as Trump supporters, and in fact were members of the violent terrorist group antifa,” Gaetz said.
Brandy Zadrozny and Ben Collins for NBC News; January 6, 2021.
https://www.nbcnews.com/tec...-fueled-mob-n1253176

Yin and Yang. Point and Counterpoint. Matter and Anti-matter. "You make the call."

When the news is bought and sold, yes one must think hard about what they are told.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-07-2021).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007
People talking with baiting questions only trying to trip triggers built in their brain by the media, tripping those triggers flips an off switch. This has been taught.
It seems they have now been told which face to blame, seemingly told that face, that manufactured identity, is evil, they believe anything they can associate with that face is unworthy and should be silenced.

If you listen or watch any one or two or three "news" services regularly, I recommend thinking about a change. I also recommend talking to a friend (or anyone) who believes differently than yourself.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

People talking with baiting questions only trying to trip triggers built in their brain by the media, tripping those triggers flips an off switch. This has been taught.
It seems they have now been told which face to blame, seemingly told that face, that manufactured identity, is evil, they believe anything they can associate with that face is unworthy and should be silenced.

If you listen or watch any one or two or three "news" services regularly, I recommend thinking about a change. I also recommend talking to a friend (or anyone) who believes differently than yourself.

and try to convince them that they are wrong and call them names if they don't listen and change.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVF0ojfhSrE

I think some of the examples are kind of weak, but the point is good.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Using the reporting standards of the MSM, yesterday's protests were "mainly peaceful".

Violence is not the answer.

Politics should be about policy, not popularity.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-07-2021 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can't win a fair fight against a dishonest fighter. Sometimes it takes violence.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Using the reporting standards of the MSM, yesterday's protests were "mainly peaceful".

Violence is not the answer.

Politics should be about policy, not popularity.

So should elections but that is far removed from the real world we live in.

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congressman Kinzinger (A REPUBLICAN) in a call for Trump's removal from office; “Here’s the truth: The president caused this. The president is unfit, and the president is unwell,” Kinzinger said, addressing conspiracy theorists who joined in the mob breaching the Capitol.

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 01-07-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Congressman Kinzinger (A REPUBLICAN) in a call for Trump's removal from office; “Here’s the truth: The president caused this. The president is unfit, and the president is unwell,” Kinzinger said, addressing conspiracy theorists who joined in the mob breaching the Capitol.

He is entitled to his opinion, as we all are.
Opinions vary.
I'm sure there are no 'politics' involved.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In order to have a career "inside the beltway", it is required that one denounce Trump. It is a tenet of their religion.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When the news is bought and sold, yes one must think hard about what they are told.

Nice! (The couplet.)

That's kind of a truism.

What would be some (or any) important examples of news that is not bought and sold?

It's not that I have any particular direction or agenda in mind, with this question.

But that is an obvious question, if this aspect of the discussion were going to be enlarged or carried forward in any way.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
I think it's interesting that Stephanie Grisham resigned after yesterday's somewhat amusing (in an Animal House kind of way) but undeniably tragic (young woman shot dead) events around and inside the Capitol Building.

Interesting, because Stephanie Grisham had become the First Lady's chief of staff.

Who'd like to be a fly on the wall inside the room where Melania Trump is conversing freely with one or more of her circle of friends and confidantes, without any particular concern about maintaining her public role as FLOTUS..?

Or is that thought so vicarious that I should be ashamed to think of it myself?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice! (The couplet.)

That's kind of a truism.

What would be some (or any) important examples of news that is not bought and sold?

It's not that I have any particular direction or agenda in mind, with this question.

But that is an obvious question, if this aspect of the discussion were going to be enlarged or carried forward in any way.

I'm sure its hard to recognize. How about news that is reported purely.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Ah, Mister Twain.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On 9/11, 40 crew and passengers of UA Flight 93 heroically gave their lives to prevent an attack on the Capitol Building.

Yesterday, the President of the United States incited his supporters to attack the Capitol Building, calling them "great patriots."

Today, people on Pennock's Fiero Forum, the same people who earlier this year decried the Black Lives Matter movement as having no legitimate cause and are just a bunch of rioters/looters/hooligans, are justifying the actions of seditionists and traitors who attacked the halls of our democracy at the urging of the POTUS with the statement that "People are tired of being pushed down/around". I'd call them out on their hypocrisy, but it would fall on deaf ears...

Also, yes, the drama queen is back. I stand by my post. The Rebel flag is the symbol of traitors who decided that people with dark skin are less than people with white skin. It was flown by a traitor army in the Civil War, and was carried through the halls of our government center yesterday by traitors. You can justify this as heritage all you want, but the truth hurts, so suck it up buttercup.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On 9/11, 40 crew and passengers of UA Flight 93 heroically gave their lives to prevent an attack on the Capitol Building.

Yesterday, the President of the United States incited his supporters to attack the Capitol Building, calling them "great patriots."

"I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order — respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!""
- Donald Trmp

Also, I am no fan of Trump

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sure its hard to recognize. How about news that is reported purely.

Fox? Youtube? Brietbart? Which one of these is the pure reporting?

Jason, I love you like a brother, I truly do, but I removed you from my friends list for good reason. Broaden your sources a bit. Youtube is a self-guided echo chamber, and I am sincerely concerned that this is the only place you are finding what you want to hear.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fox? Youtube? Brietbart? Which one of these is the pure reporting?

None, of any, you and I know this.

Which is what I said when we chatted online. Unfriending people is your choice, of course.

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order — respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!""
- TRUMP

And video showing the Trumps and others in the White House, loud music playing, live streaming online during yesterday's riots, celebrating the actions of the sheep that follow Trump. It was incited by the President in his actions. Are you not hearing the dog whistles, or are you looking past them?
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I have no issues condemning the rioters that breached the capitol and sincerely do hope that they are prosecuted, I also recognize that not all protestors were rioting.
I didn't condemn all those that protested with BLM nor will I condemn all that attended this protest. Those that committed crimes should be prosecuted.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-07-2021).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

While I have no issues condemning the rioters that breached the capitol and sincerely do hope that they are prosecuted, I also recognize that not all protestors were rioting.
I didn't condemn all those that protested with BLM not will I condemn all that attended this protest. Those that committed crimes should be prosecuted.

Rams

That is a very well stated post, and I thank you for it sir.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today, people on Pennock's Fiero Forum, the same people who earlier this year decried the Black Lives Matter movement as having no legitimate cause and are just a bunch of rioters/looters/hooligans, are justifying the actions of seditionists and traitors who attacked the halls of our democracy...

I never condoned anything, though I am not against protesting as a whole.
One plus I give them, some misguided individuals or not, and whatever the actual facts are in the end (if we ever know)... is taking the protest to the leaders instead of other citizens businesses and highways.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I never condoned anything, though I am not against protesting as a whole.
One plus I give them, some misguided individuals or not, and whatever the actual facts are in the end (if we ever know)... is taking the protest to the leaders instead of other citizens businesses and highways.

And when the leaders don't listen because they don't see a problem?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I doubt they will burn down their fellow citizens businesses and threaten passers by they don't even know on roadways, but I can't see the future.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I doubt they will burn down their fellow citizens businesses and threaten passers by they don't even know on roadways, but I can't see the future.

The point you and numerous others are missing is that this isn't four years of "Drain the swamp" and all that bullshit that leads to people who are disgruntled for perceived wrongs by a leadership that doesn't care.
This is systemic, centuries long repression of a race of people who are treated as less than by a leadership that doesn't care. Again I ask you: When the leadership doesn't listen, what's left? Shrug and go home? Give up? Just say "Oh well."

You are speaking from the perspective of white privilege, and you have absolutely zero understanding of the trials and tribulations that people of color have faced. I speak from the perspective of white privilege as well, but I have personally seen the damage caused by the devaluation of black and brown people, have lost people I loved that happened to be black to police violence. I can not fully see things from the perspective of people of color, but I have lived in the shadow of their struggles in my life. I choose to use the voice that my white privilege grants me to speak up for those who do not enjoy white privilege.

I do not condone the riots that happened with BLM, but to negate the entire movement by summarizing it as "they burned down their fellow citizens businesses", you are lumping all of them together in direct contradiction to the way you are separating yesterday's rioters from yesterday's protestors. It is hypocrisy, Jason. You are better than that.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 01-07-2021).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:
[to Synthesis]

Look out. The covid drama queen is back!

Quoting for posterity.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

Quoting for posterity.

Yep. Personal attacks directly against a user... Where's the probation?

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 01-07-2021).]

This thread has been moved here: The Trash Can.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock