Started on: 12-29-2020 11:12 AM
Replies: 30 (566 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 01-12-2021 01:24 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#1. Move back to West Texas.
#2. Downsize considerably when this place sells.
We have begun to seriously get things boxed/packed up and the property cleaned up to show.
The market is good right now, tho there are some delays in closing due to Covid19.

(but I'm also 1/2 seriously considering adopting or "appropriating" a foreign accent of some kind since that seems to be all the rage.)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 12-29-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

(but I'm also 1/2 seriously considering adopting or appropriating a foreign accent of some kind since that seems to be all the rage.)

Which accents are in consideration?

sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2020 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully I won't lose 300k+.
Wait, make that 500k.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 12-29-2020).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Goals, hmmm

Maybe find more of a normal of some sort, get to see more people.
Have more car show like events again?
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2020 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Which accents are in consideration?

Yo quiero Taco Bell?

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 12-29-2020).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can and willing to help with #1, might be able to help with #2 depending on what we're talking about.
Have Truck and Trailer, will Travel.

There are more trailers, different trucks now. If I can't transport it, you'll most likely need a semi.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 12-29-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2020 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right now I'd be happy if both of us live through it.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 2021 is starting with a summons for jury duty. Quick too, 12 days from now.

Desperately holding on to things that have no meaning?
Watching the kids grow up over facebook and wishing I never left Ohio?

I want to fix a couple things on the Mustang. Get my tools sorted out.
Hopeful to either find different employment or get a transfer to a different department.

I miss grabbing a beer down at the local watering hole, I hope to be able to enjoy a cold draft and cute bartender.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Starting a new job January 4th. Hoping to have my own home and a rental property.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

My 2021 is starting with a summons for jury duty. Quick too, 12 days from now ...

Will you be Live or On Line? I can just imagine what could go wrong with the latter ...

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always enjoyed being called for jury duty and always tried hard to make it on to the panel, but now I'm beyond the age that gets a summons.
The most I can do now is sit and observe, but until Covid is settled down, even that is out. I haven't been in the district courtroom this year but have heard the jurors are spread out all over the spectator's seating area and witnesses kept secluded or testimony is submitted via video or written sworn affidavit. I was a deponent early in the year but the case never actually went to docket and I was advised about a week ago, that statute of limitations was up on it. .
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2020 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Find a new job.

Survive the next year.

Lose some weight.

Get the band back together.

Find my lost shaker of salt.

Get some rest.

Get a Fiero

Hug some men. (mennnnnnnnn)
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2020 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Will you be Live or On Line? I can just imagine what could go wrong with the latter ...

In person. But at the least its not down town LA. Its in the smaller court house 20 minutes from where I live.
My girl friend is livid because of covid. I want to do my civic duty.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2020 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My goal is to get vaccinated and get home at least once. I spent all of 2020 in China.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2020 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2021 goals? Finish all some of my 2020 goals.

Nothing exciting, mostly car related

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2020 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've always enjoyed being called for jury duty and always tried hard to make it on to the panel, but now I'm beyond the age that gets a summons.
The most I can do now is sit and observe, but until Covid is settled down, even that is out. I haven't been in the district courtroom this year but have heard the jurors are spread out all over the spectator's seating area and witnesses kept secluded or testimony is submitted via video or written sworn affidavit. I was a deponent early in the year but the case never actually went to docket and I was advised about a week ago, that statute of limitations was up on it. .

Why do they limit age?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2020 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Get the band back together.

I can dig it

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2020 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Why do they limit age?

I don't know. In this county tho, they don't even send out jury summons for anyone 70 or older.
And, I know Texas in general, 70 or over is an automatically accepted excuse/exemption if one does happen to receive a summons.
(Probably assume we are too senile to serve...can't stay awake long enough, or can't sit for long periods of time without needing a pee break)

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2021 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Goals for 2021?

Hell, im just trying to get through the damn week..
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2021 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2021, we would like to get one rental property paid off. Last April we decided that was the goal, she thinks 4 years, I think 2 and some. We wear at $180K some, we already paid $90K + of the balance before the end of the year but, that included all my exercisable stock options so, there are no more magic pools of money to pull from my butt.

https://www.zillow.com/home...5116/153396251_zpid/

When making sure I hit the one year date for the house we live in, I sold the last of stock that I used to churn to pay our property taxes with. It was fun to do this but stressful, I would not want to do that with the whole enchilada. It was about proving that I was right by being all in.
https://www.zillow.com/home...95118/19697417_zpid/

I am duplicating some valuable guava plants and starting some from seeds. One from seed that I am starting I call "old man". It is large, soft, light flavor, and hangs like a set of balls. My wife' family will have dibbs then I will sell some. I would like to get the seedless guava with the large round leaves big before I sell it, it is a very pretty tree.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2021 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

2021, we would like to get one rental property paid off. Last April we decided that was the goal, she thinks 4 years, I think 2 and some. We wear at $180K some, we already paid $90K + of the balance before the end of the year but, that included all my exercisable stock options so, there are no more magic pools of money to pull from my butt.

https://www.zillow.com/home...5116/153396251_zpid/

When making sure I hit the one year date for the house we live in, I sold the last of stock that I used to churn to pay our property taxes with. It was fun to do this but stressful, I would not want to do that with the whole enchilada. It was about proving that I was right by being all in.
https://www.zillow.com/home...95118/19697417_zpid/

I am duplicating some valuable guava plants and starting some from seeds. One from seed that I am starting I call "old man". It is large, soft, light flavor, and hangs like a set of balls. My wife' family will have dibbs then I will sell some. I would like to get the seedless guava with the large round leaves big before I sell it, it is a very pretty tree.

I hope you do well with the 2 properties!

(Those valuations on Zillow are unbelievable compared to here and even over in Houston/Harris County 45 miles south. They each would value about 150-200K here. )

PFF
System Bot
FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2021 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope you do well with the 2 properties!

Thanks, the valuations are stupid, if I was not established, it would be idiotic to live here. housing expense to wages, infested with liberals, income taxes about the highest in the nation. I have a total of 5 properties, the rents to value puts the returns under 5% before expenses. Not the right market for someone entering the market. I have good renters for the moment but, Covid 2021 could change everything.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2021 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2021 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’d like to lose my COVID weight. It’s not a ton but it’s enough. And I’d like to get my wife pregnant

We have begun to seriously get things boxed/packed up and the property cleaned up to show.
The market is good right now, tho there are some delays in closing due to Covid19.

(but I'm also 1/2 seriously considering adopting or "appropriating" a foreign accent of some kind since that seems to be all the rage.)

I bet your property is viewed well by the market right now. Where are you moving to in West TX? I couldn’t do it. Not enough people out there for me. I get claustrophobic in a city city, but still like the metros.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2021 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

I bet your property is viewed well by the market right now. Where are you moving to in West TX? I couldn’t do it. Not enough people out there for me. I get claustrophobic in a city city, but still like the metros.

Probably back around San Angelo, tho I personally would prefer farther West to Mentone, a small town, the county seat of Loving County.
I don't mind metro areas except for the traffic and noise. People don't bother me, but, I need to be able to see large expanses of sky & one or 2 of the horizons.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2021 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of my projects this year is to transform my “Stock”, (as in livestock trailer) into a ramp load motorcycle/utility trailer. Something I can transport, secure and keep my Valkyrie, zero turn mower, wheel barrow, tools or anything else protected from the elements during inclement weather. The trailer currently has cargo style doors that a friend and I are transforming into a ramp door that will still work as a cargo style door when I choose to use it that way. We’re about half way done.

When completed, I will be able to load up without having to carry along and use ramps. Hopefully our ideas will work.

Rams
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2021 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2020 is the year of the Rat. As it is still 2020 over here the craziness will continue for a while longer. When Chinese New Year arrives on February 11 it will be the year of the bull. The Rat departs soon and the Bull will start. Sounds about right.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 01-12-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2021 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

2020 is the year of the Rat. As it is still 2020 over here the craziness will continue for a while longer. When Chinese New Year arrives on February 11 it will be the year of the bull. The Rat departs soon and the Bull will start.

It already has, in North America.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/126052.html
https://www.facebook.com/pe...3&id=101956088446094

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2021 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you'd move to New Jersey, everybody'd think you have a foreign accent.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2021 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of my goals for 2021:

- Make my hobbies self-supporting
- Keep Big Brother away from my toys
- Replace the daily driver with something newer

My daily driver is a VW Jetta TDI. It has a turbo-diesel engine, and a 5-speed manual gearbox. It's great on fuel economy, and works well as a general usage vehicle. The little diesel engine has enough torque to pull 1000+ pounds on a trailer like it's not even there. Plus it averages over 40 mpg.

However, the car is almost 20 years old, and it's becoming a maintenance hog. I do most of the maintenance myself, but there's a constant stream of parts coming in, to keep the car on the road. I feel like I'm replacing the whole car, a piece at a time. At this point, it may be wiser to replace the whole thing.

I'm checking the market for used Priuses, and the prices are good. So that may be my next daily driver. I hope it can pull a small trailer.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 01-12-2021).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2021 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

However, the car is almost 20 years old, and it's becoming a maintenance hog. I do most of the maintenance myself, but there's a constant stream of parts coming in, to keep the car on the road. I feel like I'm replacing the whole car, a piece at a time. At this point, it may be wiser to replace the whole thing.

I'm checking the market for used Priuses, and the prices are good. So that may be my next daily driver. I hope it can pull a small trailer.

No matter what, I could never figure out a way to get a broke down Fiero to be able to pull itself home.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock