Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  How to add Airy TV to Roku Box (Tutorial). (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
How to add Airy TV to Roku Box (Tutorial). by James Bond 007
Started on: 11-29-2020 09:48 PM
Replies: 64 (1246 views)
Last post by: James Bond 007 on 09-18-2023 09:34 AM
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How to add Airy TV to Roku.
More free legal TV, (for Roku only). Go to my.roku.com log in and enter this private code. XDTHQLV ,you will get the usual popup warning for a private channel. Once installed, scroll, through the guide, select any channel. To get the channel to go to full screen, Hold the ok, button on the remote (after selecting the channel, you want first), the channel will now go to full screen, when you release the ok button (app needs a little work, but works). Try this dirrect link,to enter the code.
https://my.roku.com/account/add

For a sneak peak, without installing the app. Go here:
https://live.airy.tv/

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 01-02-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2020 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A search for "AiryTV" does the same thing.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-29-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by James Bond 007:

For a sneak peak, without installing the app. Go here: Airy TV

Newb question...

I checked out the link (on my PC) and had a peek at a few shows on different channels. The kung-fu movie on one channel is only 240p. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Netflix, but is this lack of resolution usual?
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Newb question...

I checked out the link (on my PC) and had a peek at a few shows on different channels. The kung-fu movie on one channel is only 240p. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Netflix, but is this lack of resolution usual?

Im not sure, why the resolution is so low. alot of the older kung-fu movies were filmed with old equipment, the same with older TV programs.

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

James Bond 007

8868 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

A search for "AiryTV" does the same thing.

If you copied and pasted the text (code), I asume you may have included the comma (leave the comma out).
I just check, on my computer and it works.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2020 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, no comma. I just tried again. Probably blocked in Canada without a VPN.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Im not sure, why the resolution is so low. alot of the older kung-fu movies were filmed with old equipment, the same with older TV programs.

This 240p streaming resolution has nothing to do with the original footage. This is just really highly compressed video. I'll check out some other channels later and see if there's any higher resolution streaming.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More Legal Free TV and Movies, for your TV, Box or phone (add supported and may or may not work outside the U.S.A.).
Pluto TV
peacock
VUDU (look for the free section).
redbox
Distro TV
Tubi
Crackle
XUMO
The CW
Action Movies By Fawesome TV
Freebie TV
Sling (has a free section).
NewsON (news for many diffrent city's, I can watch Las Vegas News and many more!!)

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 12-09-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll check out some other channels later and see if there's any higher resolution streaming.

It seems to depend on the channel. I just watched a bit of The Dick Van Dyke Show from 1961. It was in B&W (as that's how it was shot), but it was good quality and streamed at 720p.

And no VPN required to watch Airy TV in Canada.

I don't know how much I might watch programming at any of these sites, but thanks for the heads-up on them.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-29-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2020 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now it worked.

I dunno. Maybe my Roku box hates working weekends.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2020 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A3Bikini Channel 24-7 (Caution Adult Bikini Content, my R rating). This channel can be watched on Roku media player with an A3bikini m3u8 link, but I wont get into that right now, its a lengthy discussion. Double tap the video, to go to full screen. Press the escape (Esc), key to go back.
http://a3bikini.com/

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 11-30-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2020 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A3Bikini Channel 24-7 (Caution Adult Bikini Content, my R rating).

http://a3bikini.com/

I must be missing something here. IMO, this site should be called MegaRave Channel 24-7

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-01-2020 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Way back, when HD TV was just getting started, they advertised that they were going to start showing old movies & shows in this new High Definition format.
I couldn't understand how that was possible, since they were all shot with the technology of the time, before "HD".

I don't know if it's true, but I was told all that "new" HD content was already on the film.
The technology of the time captured everything there was to capture, it was just waiting on technology to fully show all that detail that was already there.

So it was waiting on digital to show everything analog (film) couldn't?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2020 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I don't know if it's true, but I was told all that "new" HD content was already on the film.

The technology of the time captured everything there was to capture, it was just waiting on technology to fully show all that detail that was already there.

Absolutely true... as long as you're referring to presenting the media electronically (as video), and not as film.

Just think back to when you went to Blockbuster to rent a movie. Probably on VHS (or Betamax) originally, then possibly some titles with twice the resolution on SVHS (or SuperBeta), VCD was a thing in Asia, then DVD... LaserDisc... Blu-ray... all with increasing resolution, and now we have streaming formats... SD... HD... Full HD... Ultra HD... all with increasing resolution.

Old Hollywood movies, shot in Technicolor for example, have plenty of resolution, and can take full advantage of the higher resolution electronic formats. On the other hand... 8mm and Super8 film would not be able to take full advantage of higher resolution electronic storage formats. 16mm film would be an improvement, but wouldn't be nearly as detailed as 35mm or 70mm film. My home videos, shot in 1990 on 8mm tape, with only 240 lines of horizontal resolution, suffer from the same limitations.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-01-2020).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2020 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heres another good one (for music, no videos), its called My Tuner, and can be found in the Roku app search. It has Thousands++++ of radio channels in one app. No account needed. I need to check their web sight out and see, if all the channels there, are all in the app...enjoy!!

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 12-06-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2020 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heres another good one (for music, no videos), its called My Tuner...

Wow, that site is a gold mine! I checked it out on my PC. Damn, there must be thousands of radio stations and podcasts from around the world.

[EDIT] myTuner Radio has over 50,000 radio stations and one million podcasts from all around the world.

I used to love listening to a local radio station years ago that would re-broadcast old radio dramas in the evening from the 1940's to the early 1960's. I enjoyed the detective shows like Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar, and also the Sci-Fi shows like X Minus One. All of these shows can be found at the My Tuner site.

James, thanks for the info!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-06-2020).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2020 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 12-06-2020).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2020 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

James Bond 007

8868 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Wow, that site is a gold mine! I checked it out on my PC. Damn, there must be thousands of radio stations and podcasts from around the world.

[EDIT] myTuner Radio has over 50,000 radio stations and one million podcasts from all around the world.

I used to love listening to a local radio station years ago that would re-broadcast old radio dramas in the evening from the 1940's to the early 1960's. I enjoyed the detective shows like Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar, and also the Sci-Fi shows like X Minus One. All of these shows can be found at the My Tuner site.

James, thanks for the info!

Yes, your right and your Welcome. At the time, I quickly scrolled through the menu, takeing a wild guess, (that there were 100 stations, editing that post now). Thanks for the update.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2020 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2020 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More Free Movies and Shows!!

It's all your fault.

403 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post12-09-2020 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's all your fault.

[QUOTE]
403 ERROR
Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.

I once had a chick tell me that.
In a letter.
I found in a bottle.
Of Tequila.

She still owes me $12 and that condom recycling machine her father gave me on the night Chicago died.*

*apprehensively, he creeps ever backward towards the bong...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 12-09-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2020 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's all your fault.

[QUOTE]
403 ERROR

[/QUOTE]
Redbox set to launch free on demand streaming service.
WASHINGTON (SBG) — Redbox has announced the launch of “Free On Demand,” a new ad-supported streaming service.
According to Deadline, the video rental company has introduced a new streaming service that promises a lineup of movies and shows that are “curated to the tastes of Redbox audiences.” Redbox is also promising to bring films to its platform that are “fan favorites, cult classics, and popular titles” like "Lord of War," "Trespass," and "The Illusionist." The RedBox app is the same app,that I posted, saying this app isnt associated with RebBox movie rental My goof, there the same, but has been out for a few months, prior to the News Story. Sorry for any confusion.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2020 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Movie Sphere Free" a hoge poge, of older and newer Movie and TV shows.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2020 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

James Bond 007

8868 posts
Member since Dec 2002
Magellan, Both paid and free Documentaries (No sign up, hit the "Browse" button).
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2020 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
30+ new linear channels on The Roku Channel (paid and free).
Streamers of The Roku Channel in the USA will find more than 30 new linear live streams.
For Canadians, there is no change from the current 15-channel line up in The Roku Channel, this news is related to the US version of the channel.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 12-14-2020).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2020 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For your entertainment, I have created an m3u IPTV Legal Links. Only Fashon, Eye Candy, and Two Bikini Channels (Kaloopy). This should work in most any TV or Box, with a USB port. unzip the Eye Candy m3u and place on a USB flash drive (actually, the links are m3u8), now open media player on your Roku, and browse for Eye Candy.m3u. This link expires in one week. Send me a PM, if you need it uploaded again. Sample Video (Mature Content).
https://www.distro.tv/live/kaloopy

https://filebin.net/p47aqzh4ec604qcu

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 12-15-2020).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2020 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of you who have a box that is tied to their apps and dont have access to Pluto TV (Most Apple TV Boxes). Here is the Legal IPTV, Pluto TV. unzip the Pluto TV 2, m3u and place on a USB flash drive, now open media player on your Box, and browse for Pluto TV 2, m3u. This link expires in one week. Includes a few relaxation Links. Bonus Kaloopy, Bikini channel, and after Midnight Sexy Lingery.

https://filebin.net/eibfxirluc7trfgo

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 12-18-2020).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2020 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Understanding Your Roku Media Player,(Great Article)....Strange That Roku, wont let me post their Link correctly. seems to go to their home page. You can find the article, by Google searching "How do I use Roku Media Player to play my videos, music and photos?" and scrolling down.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 12-24-2020).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2020 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New and Updated, Pluto TV. For those boxes tied to their Boxes apps and you can't download Pluto TV (runs off the USB stick, so read back a post or two)
More channels, including the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader channel. Fixed the NASA Channel. once again, this is an ad supported, free and legal links. Link is good for 1 week.
https://filebin.net/2rtscc6camowid0k

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 01-02-2021).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2020 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

James Bond 007

8868 posts
Member since Dec 2002
Add this to your channel list (Roku app-channel), Electric Now.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 01-01-2021).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2021 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few good free channels with the Bumblebee TV app (search for it, under app search). Check it out:
https://www.bumblebee.tv/pages/discover/d/movies
PFF
System Bot
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2021 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI...I noticed how Roku boxes have an internal software bug. when adding IPTV to your USB flash drive, If you have any problems, remove the USB stick, and unplug your Roku box for 1 minute and you should be fine again (Then reinsert your USB stick. I dont know if all Roku boxes are like this).
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2021 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2021 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your into the oldie moldie classic TV programs, check this preview link below. Look under the OTT APPS Tab, to download the Channel APP.
https://watchyour.tv/channels.php
Direct Roku download link below.
https://watchyour.tv/roku.php

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 01-21-2021).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2021 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMDb TV (Free). Slightly hidden, in the Amazon Prime app. sneek peak here:
https://www.imdb.com/tv/
YouTube video, explains it all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kkPbeWoJ_Y
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2021 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: Roku has just recently added the stand alone. IMDb app. But the Amazon Prime app has other free stuff, mixed in, along with the IMDb section, so I have both apps.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2021 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Samsung TV Plus (No Strings Free TV). You should be able to install this app on most TV's, phones or tablets, but may require a USB sideload on other, non Samsung devices.
Not avalable for Roku, but can be sideloaded on some boxes or other TV brands, if you know what your doing (Sorry, I can't explain, every TV or device here). Watch the youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HykaBv7vpRw

https://www.samsung.com/us/...-theater/tvs/tvplus/

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 02-02-2021).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2021 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here a link, for the Samsung TV Plus, IPTV (USB Streaming), since the Roku app is unavalable. Going through the links, its a mixture of Pluto TV and Samsung TV Plus, both are ad supported Legal free TV. Place on your USB stick, and browse with your media player (or IPTV media player).
http://apsattv.com/streams.html
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2021 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
free Legal YouTube Movies.
From your TV (or Box), open youtube, then in the search box, type. Movie Central-Youtube. Hit the link below, for a preview.
https://www.youtube.com/c/C...MoviesChannel/videos

For you science fiction fans.
https://www.youtube.com/c/A...nMovieChannel/videos

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 02-09-2021).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More Channels Being added!!! The Latest News!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtDq_CES9n8
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock