Started on: 11-27-2020 10:52 AM
Replies: 38 (545 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 11-30-2020 06:14 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2020 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Know what they are doing ?

Stopping people from getting a bite of BBQ....

https://twitter.com/LeighSt...?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

When the government decides eating is a crime.....

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-27-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ribs and Respirator or Brisket and Oxygen?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Canadian barbecue? I think I'd call the police.
You probably can't even get french fries without curdled milk.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lessor crime is daring to call that BBQ, but it's also obvious to those of us with a discerning eye, why there was such a large show of police force.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2020 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

... but it's also obvious to those of us with a discerning eye, why there was such a large show of police force.

There's never a shortage of money or Brownshirts when government wants "to make an example" of someone.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-27-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This also contributes to the "defund the police" movement. Sometimes the police are their own worst enemy.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a "Defund The Police" movement in Canada? In Ontario province? In Toronto?

It's Canada. I thought the police were already defunded. Especially with Trudeau.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-27-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

There's a "Defund The Police" movement in Canada? In Ontario province? In Toronto?

It's Canada. I thought the police were already defunded. Especially with Trudeau.

I never said Canada. People all over the world see this. It's going on in Australia 5X worse.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2020 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

The blue-line-groupies are just as bad here as in the USA. "Poo-lice" is a 100K + a year job, some hit 200k and funding seems to be virtually unlimited #1 priority.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-27-2020).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Canadian barbecue? I think I'd call the police.
You probably can't even get french fries without curdled milk.

Ever tried poutine? It's good stuff.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have and no it is not 'good stuff'.

(Nephew's wife and her parents are from Canada and served it here in E. Tx at a family gathering a few years ago.)

Looked and tasted like it had already been eaten once.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-27-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2020 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2020 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Know what they are doing ?

Stopping people from getting a bite of BBQ....

https://twitter.com/LeighSt...?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

When the government decides eating is a crime.....

That's not exactly what the fracas and charges are about......is it?
this was Wed Nov 25

Choices often have consequences, poor choices often have bad consequences.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2020 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charges are administrative and could have been handed by one guy with a summons.

The fracas and entire jackboot gestappo-stazi 3-ringer is about King Ford has decreed "Thou Shalt Not Eat Indoors Unless at Home, Walmart or Costco" and pulling out everything he has to prove we have no rights, shall obey and are his subjigates.

Him and his minions are being told "Goeth forth and fornicate thyself"

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-28-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2020 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Charges are administrative and could have been handed by one guy with a summons.
The fracas and entire jackboot gestappo-stazi 3-ringer is about King Ford has decreed "Thou Shalt Not Eat Indoors Unless at Home, Walmart or Costco" and pulling out everything he has to prove we have no rights, shall obey and are his subjigates.

Him and his minions are being told "Goeth forth and fornicate thyself."

It's not just "administrative." It had long escalated beyond administrative. Adam Skelly was literally hell bent on becoming a Covid kingpin. He wanted to become a super spreader nonpareil. He was brazenly attempting a Covid cartel takeover. He persisted in his wicked dream of serving "barbecue to die for." He was already well on his way to becoming Public Enemy Number One. CP24 Toronto reports:

Adam Skelly, 33, declared on social media Monday night that he would open his BBQ restaurant in Etobocike to in-person dining despite provincial lockdown orders for Toronto and Peel Region.

He opened to serve customers on Tuesday before being ordered to close by Toronto Public Health. Despite the order, he returned to serve customers on Wednesday, resulting in in non-criminal charges for Skelly and the corporation that owns the restaurant.

On Thursday, police changed the locks on the restaurant, but allowed Skelly into a portion of the building they believed was not covered by the closure order from Toronto Public Health.

However according to police, his supporters smashed through drywall to access the restaurant area to try and reopen it.

Skelly was led away in handcuffs and now faces a number of charges, including attempting to obstruct police, mischief under, failing to comply with a continued order under the Reopening Ontario Act, and failing to leave when directed under the Trespass to Property Act.

"Administrative" is only for those who are ready to accept administration. It's not for dead-enders like Adam Skelly and his supporters. We've seen this movie before. Adam Skelly has become the Saddam Hussein of barbecue. He's a rogue restaurant owner. A human weapon of mass destruction, caught red-handed with a smoking smoker. He can only be restrained by the literal force of law.

"Restaurant owner who defied public health released on bail after spending night in police custody"
Joshua Freeman, web content writer for CP24; November 27, 2020.
https://www.cp24.com/news/r...ce-custody-1.5207318

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-28-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2020 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a clue for those few that haven't a clue. It's not administrative if you actually get taken down and spend a night inside the jail (30 hours in this case).

A voice of reason

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2020 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the end of the day, the only "reason" I need to know is this:

The rest is just window dressing and semantics. So Fat F*ck Ford and his merry band of Jackboot Jerkwads can take their "opening Ontario act", stuff it then suck it out of each other holes.

and yes, these guys ARE telling them that in courtrooms right across this province. And winning.

https://www.jccf.ca/get-hel...xJ8BtMToFezt8XQFbeX4
https://www.youtube.com/wat...ab_channel=RebelNews

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-28-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2020 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Looking for a mass civil uprising ? Because thats how you get one !

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2020 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: ziCRUoaXVpp3XPU0)
Learn More

I doubt we missed anything important
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2020 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try that. Works here. What is going on will blow your mind, for a supposedly free country.

https://www.youtube.com/wat...ab_channel=RebelNews
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2020 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm neither surprised nor oblivious to why the new protocols had to be implemented. Too many people refused to follow the initial guidelines and the cases surged, thus more stringent guidelines to help keep them out of public places except when absolutely necessary.
Look no farther for blame than to those morons that would not mask up or keep distances.

(I lived a great part of my life where many of those products were only available for purchase 6 days of the week, and I have lived other places where just about everything was rationed......this isn't my 1st rodeo, and my parents went thru worse times than that for years)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-28-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2020 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rationed to deal with shortages isn't a problem. Sunday closing laws were overturned and ruled unconstitutional a long time ago here. It's up to the individual business when and/or if they want to close, as it should be.

The government dictating what you can and cannot buy, or what is and isn't considered "essential" is beyond intolerable, and also unconstitutional (not to mention violations of each provinces Human Rights laws), at least here.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2020 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rationed to deal with shortages isn't a problem. Sunday closing laws were overturned and ruled unconstitutional a long time ago here. It's up to the individual business when and/or if they want to close, as it should be.

The government dictating what you can and cannot buy, or what is and isn't considered "essential" is beyond intolerable, and also unconstitutional (not to mention violations of each provinces Human Rights laws), at least here.

No, it's not. The govt has as job 1, to provide for the well being and safety of it's People. In other words, as protector.
I suspect very much, that almost every item that is restricted for sale in big box stores (as was featured in that video) is available on line.
The video is much ado about nothing in the bigger scheme of things.

I do sympathize with the small businesses that are forced to be closed if they can't meet the protocols, but the safety and lives of The People come first..always.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2020 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not here, If I want to buy or sell puotine with bacon and chicken gravy 24-7-365 that's none of the governments business so long as I hire enough staff to remain legal under labor laws.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2020 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2020 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not here, If I want to buy or sell puotine with bacon and chicken gravy 24-7-365 that's none of the governments business so long as I hire enough staff to remain legal under labor laws.

I'm sure the bbq moron thought the same thing.

Meanwhile, people that actually understand beyond their own short sightedness act like adults with a functioning brain

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-28-2020 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Adults with functioning brains make choices for themselves. Choices like "I think the virus is an overblown scamdemic and I'm hungry for BBQ" vs " Might be something to it, I'll order a pizza at home"

Sheep dont think, they just follow the heard and let the thinking be done for them.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2020 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Choices like
"I think the pandemic is a hoax and as an entitled spoiled karen type snowflake, I want what I want and I don't give a crap how many others I make sick or kill as long as I' get what I want.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2020 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Choices like
"I think the pandemic is a hoax and as an entitled spoiled karen type snowflake, I want what I want and I don't give a crap how many others I make sick or kill as long as I' get what I want.

Sad when the media has everyone trained to respond like his when they see someone refusing to be a sheep.
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2020 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No, it's not. The govt has as job 1, to provide for the well being and safety of it's People. In other words, as protector.

Then why were the borders opened in 2000 for mass illegal invasion? They murder or kill 900 to 2000 American citizens every single year. And the diseases we wiped out and don't even vaccinate for anymore are being reintroduced. The illegals are bringing drug resistant diseases we used to control too.

Gov't doesn't care about you. Don't forget George Carlin's piece about the big club that you and me are not in.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Then why were the borders opened in 2000 for mass illegal invasion? They murder or kill 900 to 2000 American citizens every single year. And the diseases we wiped out and don't even vaccinate for anymore are being reintroduced. The illegals are bringing drug resistant diseases we used to control too.

Gov't doesn't care about you. Don't forget George Carlin's piece about the big club that you and me are not in.

Despite all that, you are apparently well enough to go online and post messages like this.

Why would you not want to protect yourself against Covid, to the extent that the "All Of Government Response" has created ways to reduce your risk? Like these vaccines. Of course you can't get vaccinated right now, but when you can. What you can do now (maybe you already are doing) is the face masking and social distancing and adhering as best you can to the other recommendations that are being publicized by the likes of Dr Anthony Fauci, Surgeon General Jerome Adams... you know these names and some others. Dr Vin Gupta--he's on the top of my list, and he's more University of Washington than federal government. Michael Osterholm. Peter Hotez. Kavita Patel. The list goes on and on.

"You're not immune to the coronavirus? Hell, the illegal immigrants will probably kill you."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 11-29-2020).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2020 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our state is open for business, as it should be. We have a mask edict which I adhere to. But I don't respect the opinions of fed docs like Fauci, especially with his historical interactions with the Gates Foundation.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please post a reputable source for that statistic.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2020 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69576 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Our state is open for business, as it should be. We have a mask edict which I adhere to. But I don't respect the opinions of fed docs like Fauci, especially with his historical interactions with the Gates Foundation.

Do you have a scientific basis for that mistrust or is it just that you dislike him because of 'guilt by association'?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2020 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's what has so many riled up here...Major corporations and schools are pretty much business-as-usual just with the mask. Small business and mom-and-pop-shops are getting screwed and nailed.

I got Kim a printed blanket for her B-day with all the dogs on it. Walmart, Staples, Bed and Beyond, order online--no problem. Local print shop or home crafters trying to earn a living all forced to close as non-essential (I ended up going "black market" and getting it from a local home-based business anyway. Damn right I'll help out my neighbors long before some globalist).

Add to that is a brutal mess. The province is imposing varying levels of lock-down by region. Individual counties and town are imposing their own in places. One town I might not be able to get a slice for lunch (but can order a whole pizza). 20 min away in a different region its business as usual. 20 the other way I cant get anything. It's like the stupidity of wet/dry counties. Why bother with dry when it wet across the street.

Damn smart virus they got there, staying inside boundaries and all

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-30-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2020 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
But then, stupidity seems to be universal these days. Like a guy arrested for not wearing a mask, by cops not wearing masks.

https://youtu.be/h8agYWBqKcI

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 11-30-2020).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2020 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock