Started on: 11-21-2020 08:26 PM
Replies: 10 (200 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 11-22-2020 06:37 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2020 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for a clear pic of the base of a .223/5.56 round, similar to this

I want to turn it into coasters like these

https://www.amazon.com/Piec...oaster/dp/B00FQLOE82

but cant seem to find a decent pic onlne.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2020 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You won't find much stamping on a 5.56 NATO round other than the circled cross (means it meets NATO specs) and maybe a couple of letters.

(LC means it was made at Lake City Army Ammunition plant. the 1 & 3 is a date manufactured. The other marks [dots] are SCAMP markings..denoting which machine and station made that lot) Small Caliber Ammunition Modernization Program. There is a little formula for decoding the SCAMP markings.
NATO rounds don't need much info on the casing, as each round was intended to be fired just one time and not to be reloaded by non-NATO approved personnel. (yeah, I know, lots of civilians do reload surplus NATO casings)

Some of Remington's .223 may say REM and some does not.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-21-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2020 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not so much the pile of markings as it is getting a fairly accurate facsimile of it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2020 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go to any sporting goods store, buy some .223 or 5.56 rounds and take a picture of them.
Problem solved.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2020 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried googling ".223 headstamp"?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-21-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He probably isn't allowed to google anything other than shotgun or BB gun ammo where he is.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Have you tried googling ".223 headstamp"?

Thanks....NOPE. Damn search terms.

I was using everything BUT.

(I'm blaming it on this mornings forehead knock and thats my story and Im sticking to it !)
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-21-2020 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by maryjane:

He probably isn't allowed to google anything other than shotgun or BB gun ammo where he is.

So close its not even funny...We have the only government on the planet that included a coffee company and an airsoft rifle in gun ban

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2020 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Go to any sporting goods store, buy some .223 or 5.56 rounds and take a picture of them.
Problem solved.

Probly not going to find any, most have been sold out for months. If you do find them they will be over double what they cost a while back, maybe triple.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2020 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2020 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perfect, thanks. I got 3 or 4 to play with now and UPS says I should have the gold filament by Tuesday sometime. I'll post the finished ones if they turn out decently.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock