Started on: 10-28-2020 09:36 AM
Replies: 3 (90 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 10-28-2020 06:04 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2020 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dont seem like much of a problem to me.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/...QYph_qVp-Y0zaXqPGbqA
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2020 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10cm=4 inch overall length. Not much tail meat there for a gumbo.

They may seem harmless, but crawfish can destroy a lawn with their 'chimneys'. Really hard on lawnmower blades too.

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2020 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
They may seem harmless, but crawfish can destroy a lawn with their 'chimneys'. Really hard on lawnmower blades too.

How do we know those are really crawfish chimneys ? How come they are everywhere you used to have trees, ?

Crustaceans, ... Alaskan Snow crabs, King Crabs, Lobsters for the win. Chilled, peeled cocktail shrimp for a consolation prize.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2020 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should have clarified. That isn't my property. Just a pic off the web, but I've seen my own yard look like that.
The crawfish disappear in dry months and the chimneys crop back up when the rains start in late winter early spring.

It's been unseasonably dry here since late August (we basically got zero rain from hurricane season) and once the ground dries up, there is no water in the bottom parts of the burrow. The mudbugs then leave or die.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock