Started on: 10-25-2020 08:19 PM
Replies: 12 (253 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 10-27-2020 01:33 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-25-2020 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess if i was hungry, i could kill again.
But defiantly not to simply off-set my grocery bill.
I don't think i can anymore.

However, i will still partake of the fruits of those that can provide that type of service.
Unfortunately for their clients, (consisting mostly of meat), I like what they are!
But there IS other means of protein available to me these days.
Dilemma (i.e. continuing the thinking of our ancestors) 101.

I'll probably figure it out in between the bong-hits, fruit-loop nachos, & letting the dog clean the peanut butter off my...let's say foot.

Post Script: Maybe it's an age-thang. Closer to the chopping-block and all...but dude, barbecue!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-25-2020 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 10-25-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-25-2020 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First, get new glasses so you can see what the hell you are aiming at !. Second, forget the iron sights, those are for the younger crowd, Get a scope. 3rd, back up the scope with a laser, at our age every little bit helps !

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 10-25-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-25-2020 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Perfection!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2020 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
learn 'again'? You don't.
It's just like riding the proverbial bicycle...
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2020 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This assumes we’re talking about animals and not humans.
The question of “How does one learn to kill again?” is only answered with another question or two.
Are you willing to starve? Hungry people will do what it takes to survive.
Do you want that meat rare, medium or well done?

------------------
Rams
Intelligent people speak because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something. Consider that before telling anyone what's on your mind.

My wife told me to grow up. I told her to get out of my fort!

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2020 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are satisfied with farm raised meat then enjoy. If you want a different taste then by all means go hunting. I would suggest wild boar as they are a nuisance animal, can be taken at anytime and by any means. Plus bacon.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2020 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hudini makes a good point. If you're struggling with the moral aspect, then hunting an invasive species should help. They don't belong there anyway, so you're doing the habitat a favor. Feral pigs are a good example. They are not indigenous to North America. And they are VERY destructive.

Also keep in mind, the harvesting of the animal is just the first step in the process. It also needs to be cleaned and gutted. That process tends to gross people out.

But I think it's important for people to see where their meat comes from. Most people are completely divorced from that process. They just buy the end product and eat it, without any thought or care where it came from or how it got there. I think if everyone had to take a tour through a slaughterhouse, they wouldn't be so eager to stuff their faces.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2020 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree, most folks would or do not understand the process of what is involved in putting food on the table.

I was reared on a small ranch and we raised and fatten our own meat. Put myself through college working in a meat packing facility. I’m not into wild game but fully support those that are. Wild game is generally way more expensive per pound unless you consider the hunt to be part of the adventure or, like road kill. 🥴

------------------
Rams
Intelligent people speak because they have something to say, fools speak because they have to say something. Consider that before telling anyone what's on your mind.

My wife told me to grow up. I told her to get out of my fort!

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-27-2020 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

like road kill. 🥴

https://www.amazon.com/Crea...tatoes/dp/B00UGM9LHK

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2020 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know why one would want to "garnish" possum " in coon fat gravy" since a possum is way plenty fat and greasy on it's own.

I shot one off the cat feeder a few nights ago after running it off several nights previous. It was ok when it came alone but she had started bringing her friends along.
(No, I did not skin it...hauled it to the far SE corner of the property and threw it on the bone pile.)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-27-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-27-2020 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are tough little b-turds. I nailed one in the Fiero a bunch of years ago. He went between the front wheels but got nailed by the back left. Bounced the back of the car a foot in the air, and when I looked in the mirror he is waddling across like nothing happened.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2020 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I don't know why one would want to "garnish" possum " in coon fat gravy" since a possum is way plenty fat and greasy on it's own.

I shot one off the cat feeder a few nights ago after running it off several nights previous. It was ok when it came alone but she had started bringing her friends along.
(No, I did not skin it...hauled it to the far SE corner of the property and threw it on the bone pile.)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock