Started on: 10-23-2020 05:05 PM
Replies: 38 (601 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 11-05-2020 10:11 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I said I was going to wait for election day, but with all of the weirdness going on, I figured I should take the opportunity before I get trampled by a wild rhinoceros or a flaming dirigible falls on my house in the middle of the night.

There was an early voting center just a mile out of route from my regular bicycle ride and there was no line. The poll workers told me I should sign up and join them. One of these days I will.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where are the multi-colored tassles for your handlebar grips and what happened to your front basket??

(I too, have done my civic duty and voted)
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 10-23-2020).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I intended to vote Nov. 3rd as I always do but was advised when I attended my poll worker's class that I might not be assigned to my voting precinct so, I had better do it early.
Went Monday and did the deed. Felt good to exercise that right.

Rams
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2020 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gee, I did too...and yesterday, and the day before that, and the one before that. Not sure about Monday yet !

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got 'er done today. Absentee ballot at City Hall.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I intended to vote Nov. 3rd as I always do but was advised when I attended my poll worker's class that I might not be assigned to my voting precinct so, I had better do it early.
Went Monday and did the deed. Felt good to exercise that right.

Rams

For the first time, this year we could vote anywhere within the county. I just found a location that was convenient and the ballot was printed after I signed in.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 10-23-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2020 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

(I too, have done my civic duty and voted)

I always thought that whole "civic duty" guilt trip was horsesheet.
No, I get that you have a civic duty not to rob someone, or rape them, or push them down a flight-of-stairs, but play with them?!
Please.

But some years back, it was explained to me.
Actually, it was you that explained it to me, those many years ago.
Thank you.

Although, truth be told, nothing could have stopped me from voting this time time around.

And when all is said-and-done, I have Donald Trump to thank.
He did this country a great service.
He got people to actually care about our system of government.
That's no small feat.

And that's what makes this country incredibly special.
It sells.

All you gotta' do is vote for your favorite store!
What'cha' buy'n?...

Vote!
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2020 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

No, I get that you have a civic duty not to rob someone, or rape them, or push them down a flight-of-stairs, but play with them?!
Please.

Aint it funny that when "our side" says the exact same thing everyone screams discrimination !

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 10-23-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

For the first time, this year we could vote anywhere within the county. I just found a location that was convenient and the ballot was printed after I signed in.

I learned that in Mississippi that you must vote at your assigned precinct. If you go to another, say one that is closer and more convenient, they are supposed to tell you where you are supposed to vote. The question was asked, what if they (the voter) refuses and demands to vote at the wrong location. The answer was, well, let them vote on a special ballot, it won't count but, they'll be happy.

I was a bit surprised by this. The instructor said this happens a few times every election and they allow the person to cast a vote even though it won't count.
I never ever considered voting at a different precinct but, I guess some folks try. What a waste of time and effort.
So be it. Shrug.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2020 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I learned that in Mississippi that you must vote at your assigned precinct. If you go to another, say one that is closer and more convenient, they are supposed to tell you where you are supposed to vote. The question was asked, what if they (the voter) refuses and demands to vote at the wrong location. The answer was, well, let them vote on a special ballot, it won't count but, they'll be happy.

I was a bit surprised by this. The instructor said this happens a few times every election and they allow the person to cast a vote even though it won't count.
I never ever considered voting at a different precinct but, I guess some folks try. What a waste of time and effort.
So be it. Shrug.

Rams

Sometimes it makes sense. For a lot of years I moved every 6 mos to year for work, so just out of convenience I used dads address for mailing/legal purposes, that way I knew nothing would get lost. I was there every week or 2 anyway, and if it was something important he would call. Come election time, I might be residing a few hundred KM from that address.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2020 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Aint it funny...

It is!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I always thought that whole "civic duty" guilt trip was horsesheet.

No, you (we) have a civic/moral and LEGAL duty not to do those things. It is not illegal if one fails to vote.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2020 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was made to remove my Covid diaper so they could compare my face to my picture on my voter ID.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2020 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I was made to remove my Covid diaper so they could compare my face to my picture on my voter ID.

Even though I was wearing a mask, as soon as the poll worker saw my Driver's License he said, "There's no mistaking it. That's you alright!"
Nobody ever forgets me. I would make a terrible bank robber, mystery shopper or undercover cop.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2020 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19455 posts
Member since Mar 2009
Today, I returned to the county website and found this:

I feel better now.
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2020 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On a related note...on the news of the major netowkrs( ABC/NBC/CBS) they show long lines for early voting; even on election day they shows lines gonig down the block. In my life I have never waited in a line to vote with the exception being when I have showed up before polls opened.

Have you had to wait in a long line to vote? Is waiting to vote normal? Personally I can't relate to what the media is portraying on terms of difficulty voting.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2020 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been several decades since I last saw long voting lines, but I've never lived in a large city either..
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2020 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in the Phoenix metro area which is one of the larger metro areas in the US.

Before I retired, I always got to the polls very early and was one of the first two or three in the door when the polls opened. By that time, there was usually quite a line behind me.

2008 was an exception, though. I was early, as usual, but there were already 20-30 people in line an they were all on the phone calling their friends to get them up and out. They were organized.

Since I retired, I just wait for the morning rush to end and waltz right in. I really enjoy the experience, maybe that makes me a little odd.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2020 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent a couple nights reading up and checking out different office candidates that were on my ballot. I read up on the 9 propositions that were on my ballot. I then filled out my ballot since ours is all by mail here.Dropped them off at our city hall drop box the next day. 3 voters in our home, all 3 done and dropped off.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2020 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a difference between Absentee Voting and Absinthe Voting? I'm confused. I Googled the phrase "absinthe voting" and the results... well, maybe you would like to try it yourselves.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2020 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wife and I drove to the county seat and cast our ballots Saturday.
Miker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2020 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MikerSend a Private Message to MikerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My vote doesn't count and it doesn't matter who I vote for. The Electoral College in my state sees to that. But I'll vote anyways just so I have the right to complain.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2020 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Miker:

My vote doesn't count and it doesn't matter who I vote for. The Electoral College in my state sees to that. But I'll vote anyways just so I have the right to complain.

But that's the beauty of voting. If you don't like things the way they are, your vote is your chance to change things.
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2020 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I voted today.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2020 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Miker:

I take it you are a "popular vote" proponent? Want to see a Federal Republic of America? Cool. I don't.

[This message has been edited by Hudini (edited 11-04-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had mentioned above that the ballot is printed after the voter signs in. Well guess what....at least one polling place in a very conservative area of town has just run out of ink.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 11-03-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19455 posts
Member since Mar 2009
More Maricopa county news: of those who have voted so far today, Republicans outnumber Democrats three to one. Also, turnout in more conservative areas is very high.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I voted today.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I voted today.

From what I am hearing on the news, turnout is very high and at least in Florida and Arizona, highly republican. This is a very good sign. I'm not going to get a lot of sleep tonight.
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did the deed.
Another sticker for the collection

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-03-2020 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This morning there was no waiting. Just walk in fill out a register page, hand t to the man holding the book with your name in it, sign the line by your printed name and then fillout the paper ballot. No machine voting this time. I did a write-in for Pat Buchanon.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

From what I am hearing on the news, turnout is very high and at least in Florida and Arizona, highly republican. This is a very good sign. I'm not going to get a lot of sleep tonight.

We have always voted on election day.

This year was no different except for one thing.

Since I am now retired we decided to go in the middle of the afternoon, (2 PM) since our county is very "Red" and, traditionally, working folks here vote before they go to work or as soon as they get off work and the lines were very long in 2016.

We thought 2 PM would be a lot less busy.

It wasn't.

I didn't make any predictions in 2016 and I'm not going to this year either and I will also be up very, very, late tonight.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-03-2020 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After morning rush hour is a good time. I'm hearing people who early voted say they had to wait 90 minutes. I was one of 2 people who walked in at the same time today. No line.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2020 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I voted along side my girlfriend. We filled out the mail in ballets then walked them in to the voting center and dropped them off.

From online tracking

Ballot Accepted
10/31/2020
Your ballot has been accepted! Your ballot was received by your county elections office and will be counted.

The signs were everywhere that told us where to go, but we were still challenged by a woman at the front desk when we tried to walk past her. When she asked us where we were going I pointed at the sign.
She said well you still don't know where you are going, about that time another woman came out and motioned for us to follow her.

The woman sitting at the desk had her mask around her chin. That was the only reason we were beating feet past her

They didn't ask for any ID only looked at our ballets and made sure we signed and put our address on the envelope. They then put them into a sealed voters box.
So for all intent I voted.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2020 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did I happen to tell you about the lady that showed up to vote and was told she was deceased?

Took about 2.5 hours to get that straightened out but, I promise, she was breathing. About that time folks started asking how they do that in Chicago and Detroit.

Rams

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock