Armslist is now subscription only by rbell2915
Started on: 10-22-2020 09:48 AM
Replies: 8 (467 views)
Last post by: Monkeyman on 10-24-2020 02:27 PM
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2020 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have to pay $7/month in order to post a listing or contact a seller. So now you have to pay to deal with scammers. Don't be surprised if gun and ammo costs rise even more since it's that much harder to find stuff.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2020 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed that the other day. I'm not giving them $7/mo. I sent them an email letting them know they're biting the hand that feeds them since there's a fee when you sell something. At least the sellers have a better understanding of what a gun should sell for compared to Gunbroker.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

I noticed that the other day. I'm not giving them $7/mo. I sent them an email letting them know they're biting the hand that feeds them since there's a fee when you sell something. At least the sellers have a better understanding of what a gun should sell for compared to Gunbroker.

I actually think Gunbroker is kind of more reasonable because it's all pretty much market pricing due to the auctions. At least GB doesn't charge buyers to contact a seller or to buy. All Armslist has done is shrink the pool drastically.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup. I'm about to put a couple "spare" pistols on GB just because I want to offload them but for the most part, I don't do much business over there. Apparently, I won't be doing any more business are Armslist.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2020 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever happened to the good old days when we found them in the classifieds of the newspaper ?
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2020 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Yup. I'm about to put a couple "spare" pistols on GB just because I want to offload them but for the most part, I don't do much business over there. Apparently, I won't be doing any more business are Armslist.

What pistols? I might be interested.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2020 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915: What pistols? I might be interested.

Same here.
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2020 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made a couple decent deals on Armslist, but nothing in years. Quit looking at it long ago unless someone links to it. GB is fine with me.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2020 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smith & Wesson M&P40 M2.0. Bone stock. ~150rds through it come with the original case with everything that came from the factory. 4.25" compact.

SIG X Carry (2nd gen) either bone stock or all dressed up like it is now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock