Started on: 10-16-2020 10:09 PM
Replies: 8 (513 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 10-17-2020 04:05 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After 57 years, Coca-Cola will be closing the book on Tab cola, along with several other 'underperforming' drinks.
(The only one in the list below that I've ever heard of is Delaware Punch.)

I remember when Tab first came out. That nasty saccharin aftertaste is unforgettable.
Good riddance.

Other national brands getting the boot include ZICO coconut water, Odwalla, Coca-Cola Life, Diety Coke Feisty Cherry and Sprite Lymonade. Coke said it was also cutting some regional products, including Northern Neck Ginger Ale and Delaware Punch, as well as international offerings like Vegitabeta in Japan and Kuat in Brazil.

https://www.foxbusiness.com...making-tab-diet-soda

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very strange Odwalla and Zico are on that list. Here in Crapifornia, all the yuppie health freaks drink both of those drinks like an alcoholic loves his liquor. Strange that they'll be gone soon.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

After 57 years, Coca-Cola will be closing the book on Tab cola, along with several other 'underperforming' drinks.
(The only one in the list below that I've ever heard of is Delaware Punch.)

I remember when Tab first came out. That nasty saccharin aftertaste is unforgettable.
Good riddance.

https://www.foxbusiness.com...making-tab-diet-soda

Damnit... I want Tab now, and only because I know I can't have it.
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen Tab for more than 20-years. Didn't even know it was still around.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Damnit... I want Tab now, and only because I know I can't have it.

I was just in a grocery store this past week and noticed Tab on the shelf. Had dust on the top of it. Not sure what the shelf life of such a product is but, you can have my share.

Rams
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2020 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Newhart show.

Dick Loudon (Bob). Stephanie can you come down here, please.
Stephanie: In a minute, I'm busy right now.
Dick: Wha, wha, what are you doing?
Stephanie: pause Drinking a Tab.

I don't even know why I remember that?
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bleh, i stopped drinking soft drinks decades ago.. do not miss it at all!

Every once in a great while ill drink some ginger ale. But that's it.. And even that is pretty rare.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tab is downright awful. I still remember the aftertaste.

Side note: Coke Zero starts tasting awful 6 months after bottling. If you get one that's off, take a look at the date code. It doesn't age well.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is this Lady we we see at the store all the time. She is going to lose her **** . I have seen her put in a rain check for several cases of Tab.
She does not look well at all, perhaps all of that fake sweetener is catching up to her.
But I would not want to be working there the day they tell her there will be no more tab.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock