Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Whole Lotta Nuthin'... the Unmasking probe ends. No, it's not about Covid face masks.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whole Lotta Nuthin'... the Unmasking probe ends. No, it's not about Covid face masks. by rinselberg
Started on: 10-16-2020 01:17 PM
Replies: 11 (206 views)
Last post by: Boondawg on 10-17-2020 02:17 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Trump's 'Unmasking' Probe of Obama and Biden found a 'Whole Lot of Nothing.'"

In May, as the right made angry noises about what they said was the improper “unmasking” of Trumpworld figures by Barack Obama and his administration, William Barr authorized United States Attorney John Bash to probe the matter. “The Attorney General determined that certain aspects of unmasking needed to be reviewed,” Justice Department spokesperson Kerri Kupec told Fox News’s Sean Hannity at the time. “We know that unmasking inherently isn’t wrong, but...can be problematic.” The inquiry, a spinoff of John Durham’s review of the origins of the Russia investigation, appeared to be yet another effort by Barr to legitimize Donald Trump’s conspiracy theories—and to target Joe Biden and the Democrats in the run-up to the 2020 election.

But when Bash, the now-former U.S. Attorney from West Texas, concluded his investigation recently, he came up so empty-handed Barr didn’t even announce it had ended. Indeed, Bash found no wrongdoing on the part of Obama, Biden, or others in their administration and finished his inquiry without pressing any charges, the Washington Post reported Tuesday. He left the DOJ last week, but neither he nor Barr discussed the results of his probe.

That's about half of the text in this brief report from Eric Lutz in Vanity Fair; October 4, 2020.
https://www.vanityfair.com/...-biden-found-nothing

There are longer reports from two of the most well known brands in the nationally recognized news reporting genre. "NYT" and "WaPo."

"Justice Dept. ‘Unmasking’ Review Finds No Irregularities and Is Given to Durham"

The finding delivers a blow to President Trump’s push to validate the notion of a “deep state” plot to undermine him.
Katie Benner and Julian E. Barnes for the New York Times; October 14, 2020.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...unmasking-probe.html

"‘Unmasking’ probe commissioned by Barr concludes without charges or any public report"

The federal prosecutor appointed by Attorney General William P. Barr to review whether Obama-era officials improperly requested the identities of individuals whose names were redacted in intelligence documents has completed his work without finding any substantive wrongdoing, according to people familiar with the matter.‘

The revelation that U.S. Attorney John Bash, who left the department last week, had concluded his review without criminal charges or any public report will rankle President Trump at a moment when he is particularly upset at the Justice Department. The department has so far declined to release the results of Bash’s work, though people familiar with his findings say they would likely disappoint conservatives who have tried to paint the “unmasking” of names — a common practice in government to help understand classified documents — as a political conspiracy. . . .
Matt Zaposky and Shane Harris for the Washington Post; October 13, 2020.
https://www.washingtonpost....43a91bf08_story.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-16-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've not been paying attention, and I'm not really interested in reading all this (no offense to you personally, just "over it")... but I hope you are right. In the end, I truly hope nothing wrong occurred. I would like to know that all of this on both sides was just silliness and no laws were broken. Because IF any laws were broken, on either side, I'd want to make sure that people were charged to the FULL extent of the law. Politicians should not be above the law, they should be uniquely held accountable to it. Meaning that leniency should never occur, and every situation should be made an example if proven true.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I've not been paying attention, and I'm not really interested in reading all this (no offense to you personally, just "over it")... but I hope you are right. In the end, I truly hope nothing wrong occurred. I would like to know that all of this on both sides was just silliness and no laws were broken. Because IF any laws were broken, on either side, I'd want to make sure that people were charged to the FULL extent of the law. Politicians should not be above the law, they should be uniquely held accountable to it. Meaning that leniency should never occur, and every situation should be made an example if proven true.

We know for a fact that Hillary had a private email server that was used to host secure email. Noting was done.
Two video cameras feeds were turned off and a prisoner was executed.
Brothers in the armed forces were left to die, but what does it matter now.

Everything is orange mans fault. I get it you don't like him. You don't have to like him but to spend 4 ****ing years doing nothing but fight him tooth and nail when he was legally elected to office.
I am sure you dig long enough everyone in politics has some dirt on them. The longer they stay in office the worse its going to get.
Boot all of them after 8 years just like the president.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never said that everything is the Orange Man's fault.

Hillary Clinton didn't get off scot-free for her private email server and her carelessness with emails and classified information. The publicity about it was part of a nexus or confluence of circumstances, the consequence of which is that we are not talking right now about a current President Hillary Clinton and her reelection campaign.

President Trump came to a crossroads in the very first days of his Presidency.

The "Road Not Taken" (alluding to that so often alluded to poem by Robert Frost) would have been if President Trump had issued a statement, very early on in January or February of 2017, along these lines:

"Russia. How Russia interfered in the Presidential election that I won in November. It's all over the news media. It's all they ever talk about.

Russia should not be interfering in our elections, "period." I don't care whether they were trying to help me get elected, or trying to help Hillary Clinton or anyone else that was running for office. So I am going to stand aside and let the FBI-led investigations about this continue, I am telling everyone who has been onboard with me, from my newly named National Security Advisor Mike Flynn, to any of my election campaign managers--Paul Manafort and the others--to my own son, Donald Trump Jr., who was part of my reelection campaign. Cooperate with these investigations. Do not conceal or withhold information if the FBI wants to question you.

Meanwhile, I am going to focus all of my own and my new administration's time and energy on the far important task of actually running this country. Let's see if the news media will starting reporting more about that.

I have no doubt that President Trump would be in better stead with the historians that are going to be writing about him, if he had gone down that road, instead of the road that has led to where he is today. Whether he becomes a two term President, or just a one term President.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-16-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I've never said that everything is the Orange Man's fault.

Hillary Clinton didn't get off scot-free for her private email server and her carelessness with emails and classified information. The publicity about it was part of a nexus or confluence of circumstances, the consequence of which is that we are not talking right now about a current President Hillary Clinton and her reelection campaign.

President Trump came to a crossroads in the very first days of his Presidency.

The "Road Not Taken" (alluding to that so often alluded to poem by Robert Frost) would have been if President Trump had issued a statement, very early on in January or February of 2017, along these lines:

I have no doubt that President Trump would be in better stead with the historians that are going to be writing about him, if he had gone down that road, instead of the road that has led to where he is today. Whether he becomes a two term President, or just a one term President.

I was speaking in general but if you feel like you need to defend something perhaps there is something there.

If I setup an email server and use it to relay secret or confidential emails through then later destroy said server I would be spending a long time in jail trying to defend my choice to do so. Hillary was not careless she knew exactly what she was doing she was just stupid and got caught. I also find it hard to believe there were no backups, that's some black box bull **** .
She should be in jail and everyone that conspired with her should be right there beside her.

Look Trump is not my favorite person in the world, I wish he had more self control but he has done what he said, even when it took fighting most of Washington to do so.
Last words you will hear from me is I love Trump. But he is an elected president and serves the people. Some in Washington have forgotten that is why they are there.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I was speaking in general but if you feel like you need to defend something perhaps there is something there.

If I setup an email server and use it to relay secret or confidential emails through then later destroy said server I would be spending a long time in jail trying to defend my choice to do so.

... and top secret, with and/or without compartmented information.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"the Unmasking probe ends. "

No it didn't

"Whole Lotta Nuthin'"

Yep, That pretty much sums up this thread.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-16-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's easier for me to imagine Trump being inaugurated again as President in January, then it is for me to imagine anything more coming out of this Unmasking probe.

Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vanity Fair, WaPo and NYTimes are all captured by the woke cultists. They have ceased to be credible sources, and this is coming from even liberal intellegentsia.

Sorry, anybody that cites or post from them, it like taking it from QAnon, Alex Jones, bat boy Tabliods and etc.

Just lazy activism, not journalism.

Sorry, try again! Use credible sources next time and stop wasting your time on trash.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Vanity Fair, WaPo and NYTimes

Yes. Bastions of journalistic integrity, all.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Vanity Fair, WaPo and NYTimes are all captured by the woke cultists. They have ceased to be credible sources, and this is coming from even liberal intellegentsia.

Sorry, anybody that cites or post from them, it like taking it from QAnon, Alex Jones, bat boy Tabliods and etc.

Just lazy activism, not journalism.

Sorry, try again! Use credible sources next time and stop wasting your time on trash.

The Washington Examiner, Fox News, The Hill and MarketWatch have all published reports that line up with the reporting in Vanity Fair, the Washington Post and the New York Times.

This Basking Shark seems unenthused about the prospect of any significant findings ever emerging from the DOJ's so-called "Unmasking" investigation.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2020 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And I suppose you have a list of the only “acceptable” sources you deem trustworthy?

Let me guess; The one prerequisite Is that you agree with what they say.
And somehow THAT makes it real.

The President has pushed “news” from “sources” that has no basis in reality at all.

Don’t hear much about “source’s” then...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock