Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Wanna buy one of the best horses in the country ?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Wanna buy one of the best horses in the country ? by MidEngineManiac
Started on: 10-16-2020 12:56 PM
Replies: 9 (208 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 10-18-2020 12:48 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2020 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are similar used road vehicles for sale, south of the U.S.-Canada border. Already trained (ECU learning algorithm) by fleet operators that are, to a certain extent, the U.S. version of the RCMP.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-16-2020).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
plenty of surplus flesh and blood horses in the US already, especially this time of year.
Almost every time I go to the livestock sale barn, there are a couple that are run thru the ring and most of the time, no one bids on them at all.
In 2010 & 2011, when I went to the sales, everyone knew to lock their trailer doors .......... otherwise you might come back out after the sale and find a couple of horses (or donkeys) in your trailer.....
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
In 2010 & 2011, when I went to the sales, everyone knew to lock their trailer doors .......... otherwise you might come back out after the sale and find a couple of horses (or donkeys) in your trailer.....

The heck you say.........

A decade or two ago, the US Government leased about a 100,000 acres in eastern KS near where I grew up. They put wild horses there, all mares, geldings and fillies, no studs (all were gelded). Although there was natural water sources available, those horses were put there to live out their lives as they could on the vegetation growing naturally but, no breeders were allowed. They were fed hay in the winter but, no vet treatment other than euthanizing when an animal was injured or diseased. No shelters either. The government didn't want site seeing either, there would always be a few dead animals left to rot. I don't know if that operation is still operating but, there sure was a lot of horse flesh there. I was told most of these horses were captured during round ups of herds in CO, WY, NV, AZ and other areas that folks just let them run free. Don't know that was true.

No one wanted these animals and PETA was raising hell about killing horses and this was the best plan they could come up with.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The govt and do gooder groups are forever having 'free horse (and burros)" 'adoptions'.
Adoptions don't mean free tho.
It's handled by that most hated of Western federal bureaucracies ..the Bureau of Land Management and you know what they say.
"We're from your government. We're here to help".
Be afraid ..or at least very cautious.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-17-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The govt and do gooder groups are forever having 'free horse (and burros)" 'adoptions'.
Adoptions don't mean free tho.
It's handled by that most hated of Western federal bureaucracies ..the Bureau of Land Management and you know what they say.
"We're from your government. We're here to help".
Be afraid ..or at least very cautious.

Yep, I know several folks that got those BLM horses. Most weren't worth much. My guess is that all, most or some the good traits that were bred into them a few generations back were starting to disappear but, I only knew folks that got them. I never had an interest. I'm sure there were some good ones out there. I sure as hell don't want no RCMP throw offs, have too many mouths to feed now.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When 1 just isn't enough......... 7 will do.
Thankfully, they're only temporary.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When 1 just isn't enough......... 7 will do.
Thankfully, they're only temporary.

That pic appears to have been taken 10/17/2020, can you define "temporary"?

Having been "used" in a similar situation like that before, my definition and the owner's definitions were completely different.
I was simply giving a friend's pasture a rest from being over grazed, but he thought I should let his animals completely eat down my grass the way he had allowed his to be consumed and trampled. I'm sure you have a better understanding with those horse owners than I apparently did.

Rams
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neighbor had a big family gathering of some kind yesterday and wanted to leave his street gate open so guests didn't have to open and close it behind them each time someone came or went. Horses have already returned home this morning.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never minded the ones we actually made a buck on. The problem was all those adoptions that were only going to stay a few weeks that were still there a year or 2 later.

OK, fine, pony's are cute and every kid wants one....ONE, not 7 !!!!......besides, those things will shiv ya as soon as your back is turned just because the day ends in "y".

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock