Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Town Hall Meetings What's your choice? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Town Hall Meetings What's your choice? by blackrams
Started on: 10-15-2020 06:59 PM
Replies: 87 (1303 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 10-23-2020 05:33 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which option will you choose? President Trump, former VP Biden, both or neither?

President Trump
Former VP Biden
Both
Neither

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-15-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2020 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan to switch back and forth until I just can't take it anymore, but I don't expect to hear anything new on either side.

I would rather watch the old Town Hall Party TV Show.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The issue is, one party was willing to have a debate, if the other would be safe and considerate about Covid. The other party said no.

So party A decided to hold a town hall, and party B decided to pressure NBC into hosting a KKK rally at the same time.

I will be watching neither. My ballot was cast today, delivered directly to the local town hall secure ballot box by my wife.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wondering if there would have even been a debate, after the moderator just fessed up to lying and now he is suspended indefinitely from C-Span.

Now the Dems are circling around their Great White Hope of a candidate to try to salvage what they can.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I decided there won't be much new learned (if anything) and just in case there is something, I'm sure one of the net works will let me know. I seriously doubt the questions I want answered will be asked at a town hall meeting.
Already made up my mind anyway so, I'll be watching a movie.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-15-2020).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2020 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tucker, red wine, donettes.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was not a "Town Hall", it was a debate; and the poor little girl was way outgunned.
Trump was attacked by Savannah Guthrie from the start, but she debates like a few members on here.

https://www.independent.co....remacy-b1060575.html

Biden is still reading his rehearsed script. He is starting to fade. One hour is all he's got in him.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 10-15-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Biden is still reading his rehearsed script. He is starting to fade. One hour is all he's got in him.

An hour? For a man his age, that's damn good!

Oh wait, you meant speaking................ Sorry, I got confused.
Kind of like VP Biden does.

Rams
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2020 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting that you guys are obsessing over Biden lasting an hour, when he stayed the entire 90 minutes of the town hall and then another 30+ minutes to continue talking to the voters and Trump immediately ran away as soon as his time was up.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the President ran away. Because he doesn’t have anything else on his plate.

And where do you get the KKK rally BS? How many times will the left push the “he’s a racist!” message when we know it’s a false narrative?
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Yes, the President ran away. Because he doesn’t have anything else on his plate.

And where do you get the KKK rally BS? How many times will the left push the “he’s a racist!” message when we know it’s a false narrative?

Lying is a "Holy Sacrament" for Leftists
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

The issue is, one party was willing to have a debate, if the other would be safe and considerate about Covid. The other party said no.

So party A decided to hold a town hall, and party B decided to pressure NBC into hosting a KKK rally at the same time.

I will be watching neither. My ballot was cast today, delivered directly to the local town hall secure ballot box by my wife.

I suspect you know little of Mr. Bidens past voting record on civil rights issues, school integration or the politicians who mentored him as a young politician.
And that's not even speaking to the crime bill he sponsored.......

Don't drown in ignorance....oh, wait.........too late!
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, who was the guy talking about poor kids being just as bright and talented as white kids? Or making racial jungle remarks? Or giving a eulogy at a KKK member's funeral?

It was Biden! Stop your deflecting!
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those with an interest:
https://freetrumpflag.com/

Rams
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh. There's the name calling I fully expected... The refrains of "leeeeeeffffttttiiiiisssstttt" from people I no longer respect because they are so busy being a five year old with puerile name-calling. (pu-er-ile, adjective, childishly silly and trivial.)

Educate yourself. If you support Trump, you are, by proxy, endorsing EVERYTHING he does. The misogyny, the fraud, the lies, the lies, the lies, the lies, the lies, the racism...

If you support Trump, you are by proxy everything he is. That is all there is to it. This is no longer conservatism vs liberalism or left vs right. This is the heart and soul of our nation being led by a con man that is actively aiding and abetting a foreign power to undermine fair and equal elections, (I can provide you literally 137 other links, counted, verified, backed up with empirical data, and I know you won't read them) and you are actively working to ensure the death of our republic by doing so.

I do not care if YOU are conservative in your head. Good for you, I am proud to support your view points as a fellow citizen of this once great country. But your actions leave a lot to be desired. Your actions of supporting a person who practices the behavior above really shows me where you lay in your ethical standing. You are so busy trying to own the libs that you don't care who you hurt in the process.

Let me phrase this in evangelical terms so you can understand it... "That Satan guy is horrible, yes, but if he hadn't given us the apple we'd never know... So he can't be that bad, right?"

I am done giving a ****. A stupid ****ing idiot who decided his mask fashion was more important than my safety tried to kill me with coronavirus, ignoring my requests to stay distant from me while I was in the midst of helping save his job and all of his co-workers. He expressed his +Trump views to me every chance he got. I am done with the ignorance. Educate yourself before the world educates you.

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I suspect you know little of Mr. Bidens past voting record on civil rights issues, school integration or the politicians who mentored him as a young politician.
And that's not even speaking to the crime bill he sponsored.......

I know quite a bit about his voting record. I do not agree with a lot of it. But, I can tell you that the strength of a man's character is in his ability to recognize past mistakes, atone for them, and work to correct them. Something Trump is incapable of because he doesn't claim responsibility for anything. His own, exact, words.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 10-16-2020).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're entitled to your opinion.

Facts do not back up your perceptions.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're entitled to your opinion.

Facts do not back up your perceptions.

I am entitled to my fact-based opinions. Don't spew "perceptions" at me. Give me hard, unbiased sources that clearly back up your arguments, or else sit down and shut the **** up until you do.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am entitled to my fact-based opinions. Don't spew "perceptions" at me. Give me hard, unbiased sources that clearly back up your arguments, or else sit down and shut the **** up until you do.

My responses to you do not warrant askerisk-diguised epithets.

Have some respect, please.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My responses to you do not warrant askerisk-diguised epithets.

Have some respect, please.

Not until you do. Also, *asterisk*.

Edit: I told you I am done giving a crap about keeping things civil. By voting for Trump, you are endorsing the worst a person can be and doing so gleefully.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then by your standards, you are endorsing all of the traits Mr. Biden has exhibited in his 47 years of politics.

His actions, speeches, comments and voting record are easily available for review.
Thanks for the spelling correction, I didn't catch it.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Then by your standards, you are endorsing all of the traits Mr. Biden has exhibited in his 47 years of politics.

His actions, speeches, comments and voting record are easily available for review.
Thanks for the spelling correction, I didn't catch it.

You are making an assumption I am voting for Biden.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm making no assumptions who you are voting for, I'm simply applying your standard of evaluation of one candidate to the other candidate.

I don't care who you vote for. I do care that when people choose to vote, they do so with responsibility, basing their decision on factual concerns and a 'larger than themselves' viewpoint.

And that's the real point of the conversation.

Do we vote based on likeability?
Do we vote based on accomplishment?
Do we vote based on promises?
Do we vote based on party line?
Do we vote based on what benefits me the most?
Do we vote based on war and to maintain the military/industrial machine?
Do we vote based on 'hot button' issues?
Do we vote based on our view of what the Constitution was, is and has enabled?

Or do we vote based on our view of a single man or woman, based on their depiction in the media of their character?

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2020 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

By voting for Trump, you are endorsing the worst a person can be and doing so gleefully.

He’s 100% right.
What are people going to tell their little girls about how the President talks about & treats women?

That it’s alright for men to treat them that way?

Are these the same fathers that joke about meeting their daughters date at the door with a shotgun to get the point across that they expect them to respect their daughter?

Just like the President does?

That’s their idea of a leader?

Please.
Synthesis is right.
And most of you know it.

I guess if you didn’t personally steal it, that $10 car stereo sold out of the trunk of some guys car at Walmart is 100% conscious-free...”as long as Trump gets me where I want to be financially, I don’t care how he does it”.

Which is fine, but don’t pretend you’re ignoring the bad for some “greater good”.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2020 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

You are making an assumption I am voting for Biden.

Because that is the limit of some people’s ability to accept anything other than the comfortable story they have already pre-built in their head.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm making no assumptions who you are voting for, I'm simply applying your standard of evaluation of one candidate to the other candidate.

I don't care who you vote for. I do care that when people choose to vote, they do so with responsibility, basing their decision on factual concerns and a 'larger than themselves' viewpoint.

Do we vote based on likeability? This should not be a consideration as it is emotion-driven. Likeability has its place, but it should not be the key deciding factor. Sometimes the sour taste of choosing a candidate isn't for the immediate desire to see policy enacted, but instead for the future state of the country as a whole. Will the candidate's policies get us where we collectively believe we need to be by the next peaceful transition of power in 4-8 years?

Do we vote based on accomplishment? This is leaning into "yes" territory. Accomplishment in the political field is important, even if not all accomplishments align with your personal belief indicators.

Do we vote based on promises? Promises mean nothing. Especially after the last four years, and even before that. That leaves track record (accomplishment), which is also not a good indicator of future-state, unless it is very clearly a hard bias one direction or the other. Hard bias is never a good thing.

Do we vote based on party line? This should always be a NO. Sports teams have no place in politics. I have voted Republican. I have voted Democrat. I vote for the person who drives the country in the direction I believe it needs to go while at the same time trying to understand the policies that lead that candidate to the decisions they make. I have made mistakes this way, but we all have I'm sure. Conservative policies hurt people I love in many cases. This does not mean I don't agree with Conservative policies, but I will not vote for a candidate for the sole reason that they are in a party, and I will vote for the one who's policies hurt the people I love the least, or benefit them the most.

Do we vote based on what benefits me the most? This is selfish (not saying you are selfish). This is narrow-minded and does not eliminate the us vs them. This is "I got mine, **** all ya'll."

Do we vote based on war and to maintain the military/industrial machine? This is really where ever you want it to be, though I will say that growing up Military in the deep south, enlisting myself, I know that the red states tend to push more people into military service because of lack of career options, and people who serve in the command positions in the military generally shift their political views more left because of some of the decisions that need to be made and the people they affect. My dad went from hard right wing to solid left because of his time in the military. He's still conservative in some ways, but wants to ensure our military members are safe and cared for. Especially because he has seen what the recipients of military post-service care for disabled vets really receive. He is disabled himself. It took over a decade for them to treat his issues rather than just say "You have PTSD".

Do we vote based on 'hot button' issues? Emotion-driven voting is not good voting. Look at the long term effects of hot button issues rather than the immediate "MUST HURT SOMEONE" mentality that a lot of voters have right now. Emotion = bad choices

Do we vote based on our view of what the Constitution was, is and has enabled? The Constitution is a hard document that defines rules for our society to live by. I am staying out of the 2nd amendment stuff, because I support it, but do not support the extremist views of several people on this forum, including someone local to me that I consider a good friend. But, yes, we have to vote on this. Does someone UPHOLD the Constitution as part of their office, as the Constitution currently stands? Yes, it's in their oath. Failure to do so is a dereliction of duty and they should be removed from office by impeachment for deliberate failure to do so. Don't like the Constitution as it stands? Educate yourself on the process of making the noise necessary to get it into the national eye, and start making noise. Get it visible. Get it voted on. Let the people, as a whole, decide.

Or do we vote based on our view of a single man or woman, based on their depiction in the media of their character? No. This is not the right way to do it. I have used numerous media sources, some left, some right, many centrist, to get my information. I do not subscribe to any one specific media source. Instead, I work very hard to ensure I'm seeing things from all sides, short of extremist views on either side. My views of Donald Trump are not 100% media driven, even though that's where most of the information can come from. I like to find my information from unbiased sources, and I am willing to engage in honest, legitimate discussion in good faith with someone who will return the favor. The second the word "leftist" or any other type of language along those lines comes out they are no longer arguing in good faith and have fallen back on their biased rhetoric. There is no longer room in my social awareness for someone like that.

Now THIS is the type of discussion I can respect. Thank you for providing a well-reasoned list of questions to discuss this openly. Please see my answers above.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2020 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do we vote based on likeability?
Do we vote based on accomplishment?
Do we vote based on promises?
Do we vote based on party line?
Do we vote based on what benefits me the most?
Do we vote based on war and to maintain the military/industrial machine?
Do we vote based on 'hot button' issues?
Do we vote based on our view of what the Constitution was, is and has enabled?

Or do we vote based on our view of a single man or woman, based on their depiction in the media of their character?

“Character” incompass’s all those things.
Donald Trump has zero character.
Without character, you can’t be trusted.

And that’s where all these excuses fall flat.
You can’t trust him.
And he’s proven you can’t.

Only an idiot would trust Donald Trump.
It’s as simple to prove as just asking anyone who has had dealings with him.

Pretending otherwise speaks volumes about the person doing the pretending.

They’re not a patriot, that’s for sure.
Country-over-cult is how you support this country.
Not personality.

Get real.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

I endorse this message.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

“Character” incompass’s all those things.
Donald Trump has zero character.
Without character, you can’t be trusted.

And that’s where all these excuses fall flat.
You can’t trust him.
And he’s proven you can’t.

Only an idiot would trust Donald Trump.
It’s as simple to prove as just asking anyone who has had dealings with him.

Pretending otherwise speaks volumes about the person doing the pretending.

They’re not a patriot, that’s for sure.
Country-over-cult is how you support this country.
Not personality.

Get real.

My life experience has taught me that it hard to truly judge a person's character without interacting with them.

Name-calling is beneath you, Boondawg, why do you resort to it so quickly and easily?

Insinuation comes easily to your verbage as well.

Just who is it that you are directing this verbal assault at?

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

17905 posts
Member since May 2004

Now THIS is the type of discussion I can respect. Thank you for providing a well-reasoned list of questions to discuss this openly. Please see my answers above.

Thanks for your comments, but I was just pointing out that there are many reasons people vote - the list I posted is far from complete.

The point is, each person should weigh carefully the reasons they want to vote and their choices in candidates.

I suspect that there isn't enough of that mental deliberation happening with the entire voting populace.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suspect that there isn't enough of that mental deliberation happening with the entire voting populace.

Ain't that the truth.

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you support Trump, you are by proxy everything he is. That is all there is to it. This is no longer conservatism vs liberalism or left vs right. This is the heart and soul of our nation being led by a con man that is actively aiding and abetting a foreign power to undermine fair and equal elections, (I can provide you literally 137 other links, counted, verified, backed up with empirical data, and I know you won't read them) and you are actively working to ensure the death of our republic by doing so.

Hi Synthesis... I probably won't be able to convince you one way or another. But, I have educated myself. I've been educating myself for a long time. On that matter, I used to be a Democrat... I was for a long time, but ultimately slowly started voting Republican, and recently voted straight-ticket Republican.

I'd suggest that most of the "facts" that are being stated in your links, are merely misrepresentations of certain things said.

But on the racism thing, this is something that I've found very frustrating, particularly because I feel it is very much hypocrisy considering the history of the Democrat party, including even the most recent history of the Democrat party. I'd ask only one thing from you, and that is to watch this video... because it simply says what I already know / believe, much better than I'm able to convey. It would mean a lot to me if you would watch it, primarily because I believe this statement is nothing more than a "dog whistle" for Democrats, and does nothing to move this country forward. We can all agree to disagree on the "right way" about achieving the same goals (which ultimately we all do), but that last item I need to dispel. Please watch the video:

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahhh. There's the name calling I fully expected... The refrains of "leeeeeeffffttttiiiiisssstttt" from people I no longer respect because they are so busy being a five year old with puerile name-calling. (pu-er-ile, adjective, childishly silly and trivial.)

Educate yourself. If you support Trump, you are, by proxy, endorsing EVERYTHING he does. The misogyny, the fraud, the lies, the lies, the lies, the lies, the lies, the racism...

I do not care if YOU are conservative in your head. Good for you, I am proud to support your view points as a fellow citizen of this once great country. But your actions leave a lot to be desired. Your actions of supporting a person who practices the behavior above really shows me where you lay in your ethical standing. You are so busy trying to own the libs that you don't care who you hurt in the process.

Let me phrase this in evangelical terms so you can understand it... "That Satan guy is horrible, yes, but if he hadn't given us the apple we'd never know... So he can't be that bad, right?"

I am done giving a ****. A stupid ****ing idiot who decided his mask fashion was more important than my safety tried to kill me with coronavirus, ignoring my requests to stay distant from me while I was in the midst of helping save his job and all of his co-workers. He expressed his +Trump views to me every chance he got. I am done with the ignorance. Educate yourself before the world educates you.

I know quite a bit about his voting record. I do not agree with a lot of it. But, I can tell you that the strength of a man's character is in his ability to recognize past mistakes, atone for them, and work to correct them. Something Trump is incapable of because he doesn't claim responsibility for anything. His own, exact, words.

You're offended by the term "Leftist"? I know some that consider that as a compliment. Very confusing. Now, I would be insulted to be called that but, if the definition fits, so be it. I'm a Conservative, I have Conservative values. It's not something I'm necessarily proud or ashamed of but, it does fit my stance/positions.

I find it interesting that you insult the people and condemn the values of anyone who supports President Trump, what this country is and where it's headed and yet fail to consider what such the Liberal agenda Dems are pushing does to this country and those with Conservative values. Let me guess, you supported HRC? Obviously, your stance is anti-Trump. I don't personally care for DJT's personality but have agreed with the direction he has been trying to take this country. We didn't hire him for his personality. Personally, he wasn't my first choice but, I only had one vote. You condemn those supporting President Trump and yet say nothing of the unethical Democratic attempts to remove him from power through accusations, investigations and pure lies. Or, do you support the removal/coup of a President legally elected?

You support former VP Biden's character and to those on the other side of the aisle, that's one of his biggest issues. He changes values more than the wind changes directions, yeah that's character. His recognition of "past mistakes" seems to only serve to win over those he may have pissed off previously. Most of "us" aren't and don't support President Trump in many ways but do support the direction he is trying to take this country.

Your recent virus infection and how you were infected has little if anything to do with President Trump and yet, you seem to blame him. You don't seem to think a Biden supporter could have infected you........ Does the political affiliation of the person who shared his virus with you really matter? I don't happen to agree with DJT on the masking issue but, we all have a right to make such decisions. That's why I avoid (as much as possible) those who refuse to mask. And, I don't even know their political affiliation or who they are supporting. You're welcome to your position but, that doesn't mean you're right.

"If you support Trump, you are by proxy everything he is. That is all there is to it." Words to live and die by. As Mitch McConnell told Harry Reid when Majority Leader Reid was killing the filibuster, "You'll regret this and you may regret this a lot sooner than you think.". Apply that to recent and soon to be confirmed SCOTUS jurists. Had Harry left the filibuster in play, at least two of Trump's nominees may not have been confirmed.

Boonie and yourself are obviously Trump Haters, that's alright, you're welcome to your opinions. But, thinking that anyone is going to change their mind based on what they read on a car forum is ridiculous. Your nor Boonie's post did anything to change my mind, did I change yours? But, one would not really expect to change other's opinion here would they? It's more likely they, we, I and you use this forum to mostly vent.

I hope you feel better now that you got that out of your system, I sure do. Have a safe day.

Edited: Oh yeah, one other question. Why is it that former VP Biden and Senator Harris refuse to answer the question about Court Packing in your opinion.
I would suggest that Biden's recent statement where he said he was not a fan of court packing but would announce his stance before the election but after the Republications do their nomination thing is totally based on him not wanting to piss off Progressive and Liberal voters who are already putting their votes in the mail. I don't think (my opinion) he believes the courts should be packed but, doesn't want his potential voters to vote on that. Then again, with his changing values, that could change with a snap of the Soros fingers.

BTW, tell me again how he didn't influence Hunter's corporate wealth. Yeah, that's character alright.

Edit: I told you I am done giving a crap about keeping things civil. By voting for Trump, you are endorsing the worst a person can be and doing so gleefully.

Edit II: Ya git what you give around here. Just remember, Cliff is enforcing rules now. Would hate to see you leave us.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-16-2020).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Leftist" is not on the same level as "Conservative", in so far as the temperament or attitude that accompanies these words.

"Liberal" or "Progressive" are in the same group of words as "Conservative." But not "Leftist." Not when words are Venn-diagrammed or organized on the basis of their underlying temperament, attitude, connotation or "color."

There really isn't a commonly understood counter-word to "Leftist." There's "Rightist" but hardly anyone ever says that. There's "Reactionary" and I wouldn't hesitate to use "Reactionary" to describe some of the messages that appear on this forum every day or nearly every day. Is that the most accurate selection of a counter-word for "Leftist"..?

"Reactionary" is extra strength, compared to "Conservative", but in the subset of the universe that is comprised by this (Pennock's) forum, I think there's a solid case for it. Because of the way that "Leftist" gets tossed around on this forum with an abundance that blends into abandon.

Does anyone else look at this matter of terminology as I am seeing it?

What would be the most equivalent counter-word to "Leftist", from the other side of the aisle..?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-16-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
leftist
[ˈleftəst]
NOUN
a person with left-wing political views.
"these values are shared by many leftists" · [more]
ADJECTIVE
having or relating to left-wing political views.
"leftist radicals"

https://www.bing.com/search...NNTA1&DAF1=1&PC=LCTS

So, unless the dictionary folks make another overnight switcheroo, that's what I'm going with.

Rams
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rightist
  1. a person who supports the political views or policies of the right.
  2. supporting or relating to the political views or policies of the right.

https://www.bing.com/search...16254&FORM=QBRE&sp=1

When's the last time (if ever) that anyone has seen or heard the word "rightist"..? Not counting this message.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-16-2020).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't blame Trump for my Covid infection. I blame the Trumpist who clearly objected over me asking him to respect my space. I have yet to meet anyone on the Democrat side that would push back against my desire to maintain social distancing. He made it very clear to me that the virus was not real, and would not wear a mask or respect distancing with me. This has been my experience overall with hard right-wing people who have chosen to politicize the virus and mask wearing. I apologize if the context was missing in my statement. That is solely what I meant with regards to the infection.

We can discuss court packing. That's exactly what the Republican party is doing right now. Exactly that. Forcing a very unqualified individual through, in an election year, after clearly stating that doing so during an election year is not something they support or would ever allow.

The way the term "leftist" is thrown around in here is very clearly meant to be with vitriol and hate... That's why I have an issue with the way people in here use it... You use it to define me and narrow your view of me. "Chris is a great guy who does a lot of good for people... But he's a leftist, and that's all you need to know about him..." is the way it comes across when you refer to people who don't appreciate the world view of Trump or his supporters as "leftist"...

I too can throw literal definitions out, but that doesn't mean that the word hasn't been conscripted by the right-wing ideologists in here to mean something hurtful and/or hateful.

I am not a leftist. I am a person who disagrees with your political view on Trump. He is a hate-filled, spiteful lying sack of **** , and if you vote for one aspect of his "character", you are endorsing the entire character.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Liberal, progressive and leftist are not synonymous. Liberal and progressive, as applied to politics are within the leftist spectrum.

I like progressive jazz and liberal use of hot sauce. I sit on the left side of my car, but I don't generally agree with leftist politics.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We can discuss court packing. That's exactly what the Republican party is doing right now. Exactly that. Forcing a very unqualified individual through, in an election year, after clearly stating that doing so during an election year is not something they support or would ever allow.

Filling an empty seat is not court packing.

Creating more seats and filling them to change the bias of the court is court packing.

We the people should not have a problem with a President doing his duty to fill an empty seat in The Supreme Court.

We the people should havd a problem with a President changing statutes in order to sway the bias in there favor.

I am not a big brain- bias may not be the besy term, but it is the best yerm I could come up with.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock