Started on: 10-13-2020 08:03 PM
Replies: 11 (221 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 10-15-2020 09:09 AM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2020 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm using an ad blocker, so they won't let me look..
Eff 'em. Don't care enough to get my bowels in an uproar about it.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2020 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In a nutshell, if salaries had followed growth at the same curve over the past 40-45 years, the average would be 102K instead of median 50.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2020 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the attitude of, It's not what you make. It's what you keep.
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

In a nutshell, if salaries had followed growth at the same curve over the past 40-45 years, the average would be 102K instead of median 50.

....and inflation would have been insane.

It's just another Marxist Business Insider "the world isn't fair", resentment article.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2020 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

....and inflation would have been insane.

It's just another Marxist Business Insider "the world isn't fair", resentment article.

Yup. Right now there is an INSANE push for UBI here @ 2k/mo/person. NONE of 'em seem to realize what an extra 2k in everybody's pocket will do to prices. Not the sharpest tacks in the box.

sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2020 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Central banks love debt. The privately owned member banks making up the US Federal Reserve love getting larger and larger profits from the debt forced on the taxpayers here.
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Actually I see it as "the US isn't fair" article. They acknowledge the growth of other economies by saying wage growth over their parents is more likely than not, whereas in the US it is just a 50/50 proposition. So if the median salary (Note they don't state wage, so I assume they are referring to white color jobs rahter than blue color) . Can you imagine what hte unemployment rate would be if the median wage in the US were 100K?

Its globalization helping supress wages, plain and simple
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm tempted to say that Globalization also tends to reduce the price for many wholesale and retail products and services for the U.S. consumer.

Would that be wrong?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I'm tempted to say that Globalization also tends to reduce the price for many wholesale and retail products and services for the U.S. consumer.

Would that be wrong?

Without trade balance, that would be wrong. It suppresses US employment, wages and standard of living.

Done right, global trade can raise the standard of living around the world, and that would be a good thing.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's why I wanted to sign the paperwork for the U.S. to become part of theTrans-Pacific Partnership ("TPP")

I just never got around to it.
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2020 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The elite love globilizaton. Globilization hurts 1st world incomes and weakens our wealthy middle class. We'll have increasingly less spare income as all the wage slaves in the 3rd world take jobs. You think you're the only one who can telecommute? All those better paying tech jobs will be gone. The open borders will allow the hordes to run in and steal their way into your bank accounts. We lose so they can gain.

The 1st world West built the system that the rest of the world can't build. They can't even maintain it if we build it for them. It will end up in the hands of ruthless regimes that were enriched through dispossessing us here in our nations. The elite will end up with more control because of a hollowed out middle class.

Look, all power for the lesser advantaged people in the world is maintained through the existence of strong Western middle class. The elite wants the middle class gone, and they're succeeding this year especially. When the middle class is gone women in the 1st world will become what they are in the rest of the world outside of the 1st world; they're furniture everywhere except in Western nations. No more feminism for anybody. I know THAT sounds great and it is, but it only exists today because of the wealthy middle class providing for it to exist. Everything good will go with that bit of bad, the bad that erodes a healthy society.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock