Started on: 10-12-2020 08:04 PM
Replies: 33 (517 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 10-18-2020 08:09 PM
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2020 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He has recovered much quicker than I expected. He announced that he was positive on 10/1. Now on 10/12 he tests negative on multiple consecutive tests.

I guess the Covid-19 drugs he is taking actually work.

https://www.foxnews.com/pol...-of-president-trumps

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2020 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have had 200 employees test positive for the vid, our employer in some cases refuses to test again for 12 weeks. Their stance is that a person can shed dead or residual (harmless to others) covid viruses that will cause a false positive for up to 12 weeks.
I am sure that the tests, medical experts and equipment that is available for the President is quite different and nay vary from ours.
They allow a paid 2 weeks off for a positive or inconclusive test and then return to work if no symptoms are present 72 hours prior to return. No second test at all to return to work and no more tests for 12 weeks.
We get tested every week.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 10-12-2020).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still going to maintain a very cautious "umpteen miles" of social distancing between myself and the President, or any of his entourage.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could be tempted easily enough.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I could be tempted easily enough.

As would many but, the question is, would she be tempted. In my case, the answer is definitely no interest in me. From all reports I've seen, she likes puny unattractive dudes.

Rams
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

I'm still going to maintain a very cautious "umpteen miles" of social distancing between myself and the President, or any of his entourage.

I have been in very close proximity and MANY times direct contact with carriers for the last 6 months, I test negative once a week. There is a big difference between being paranoid and cautious. If there is such a thing as being in the trenches with this thing, I am there. It is possible that I may have already had it and didn't know. And it may be possible that I test positive this week? But it is absolutely possible to to be around the virus without contracting it. When people talk about avoiding places because of the vid I respond by saying it is everywhere. You must assume that it is in the grocery store and the gas station pump handles, every single door handle you pull on and in the air EVERYWHERE. Be careful and cautious NOT scared and paranoid. There is a balance in the covd World between paranoid and complacency.
It is like this: we all know driving has a risk of crashing, but we do it anyway. Driving a car has MANY risks, like drunk driver, texting drivers, mentally ill drivers, angry drivers, tires blow out, mechanical failures, weather, malfunctioned street lights and various road hazards including animals running in front of you. ALL of these and more can cause a fatal accident, BUT we brave it every time we get in the car. Why are we still alive? Some of us already survived an accident and some never had the experience but we all have taken the precautions of defensive driving. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, we balance the paranoid and cautious.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that we had it, was mild and we are use to dealing with **** not complaining about it. I wont go into it but it was worse than the flu and hung on longer than normal bug.
But we stayed home and avoided people. Order food online. It kind of just turned into a routine.
I work from home and have no issues staying that way. But cabin fever takes hold. I have no idea how I will get my girlfriend out of the house again.
The media has scared her to the point she doesn't want to leave.

I believe we can do things out in the world, we need to be careful but we cant be afraid to live a life.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2020 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I believe that we had it, was mild and we are use to dealing with **** not complaining about it. I wont go into it but it was worse than the flu and hung on longer than normal bug.

I believe I may have, too.
I’m so used to dealing with...whatever, that most things like this go hardly noticed.

Or at least admitted to.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Driving a car has MANY risks, like drunk driver, texting drivers, mentally ill drivers, angry drivers, tires blow out, mechanical failures, weather, malfunctioned street lights and various road hazards including animals running in front of you. ALL of these and more can cause a fatal accident, BUT we brave it every time we get in the car. Why are we still alive?

Most likely because we all know and have certain decades old defensive measures we take on the highways.
Are any of those things or events microscopic and can be thrust upon you or someone else by you in a single breath?
Do any of those things have the ability to induce the same ill effects on someone else for days or weeks later without you (or they) even knowing it?
Texas highway fatalities for 2019 was 12.7 per 100,000.
Over the last 7 months, the Texas Covid 19 fatality rate was 59 per 100,000. (the first known Covid death in Texas ocurred Mar 17)

In a now ancient OT thread, I once made the observation that we survive driving on busy highways, just feet away from the cars in the adjoining lanes only because we do everything we are supposed to do exactly right and every one around us does the same. As long as we all do things properly, very few accidents happen, and most of us drive as if our lives (and the lives of those around us) depend on it.

The difference in driving and Covid, is that there are huge numbers of people who don't want to do any of the things they are supposed to do to protect either themselves or those around them. Recent polls say as much as 57% of Americans are strongly opposed to masks, social distancing and quarantine/lockdowns, and it is this attitude of "ME ME ME" that has driven the pandemic to it's current state of severity.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-13-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most likely because we all know and have certain decades old defensive measures we take on the highways.
Are any of those things or events microscopic and can be thrust upon you or someone else by you in a single breath?
Do any of those things have the ability to induce the same ill effects on someone else for days or weeks later without you (or they) even knowing it?
Texas highway fatalities for 2019 was 12.7 per 100,000.
Over the last 7 months, the Texas Covid 19 fatality rate was 59 per 100,000. (the first known Covid death in Texas ocurred Mar 17)

In a now ancient OT thread, I once made the observation that we survive driving on busy highways, just feet away from the cars in the adjoining lanes only because we do everything we are supposed to do exactly right and every one around us does the same. As long as we all do things properly, very few accidents happen, and most of us drive as if our lives (and the lives of those around us) depend on it.

The difference in driving and Covid, is that there are huge numbers of people who don't want to do any of the things they are supposed to do to protect either themselves or those around them. Recent polls say as much as 57% of Americans are strongly opposed to masks, social distancing and quarantine/lockdowns, and it is this attitude of "ME ME ME" that has driven the pandemic to it's current state of severity.

There is a lot in this post so to just simplify my response I will say risk is risk. We can't control what other people do any more than we can control the vid.
I believe my metaphors are accurate in relation to risk of driving and risk of going out into the public that now has covid. Drunk drivers have killed MANY cautious and experienced defensive drivers, the choice to not crash is not always ours just like we can't make the virus stay in other people.
But in ALL situations driving or dinning out, on a highway or a walk way be careful, be cautious and stay safe. If you do not feel comfortable out in public, stay home, just the same for people who have a phobia of cars, stay out of them.
This is in no way a jab at anyone.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 10-13-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was sitting at a light when a truck decided to make a sandwich out of me and the jeep in front of me.
The mask didn't help. Still hurts today.
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I was sitting at a light when a truck decided to make a sandwich out of me and the jeep in front of me.
The mask didn't help. Still hurts today.

That sux, sorry man.
Life itself is a risk, I once heard some crazy statistics about serious and fatal injuries that happen inside people own homes.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I have been in very close proximity and MANY times direct contact with carriers for the last 6 months, I test negative once a week. There is a big difference between being paranoid and cautious.

The proper word is not paranoid.

The correct words are HYPOCHONDRIA and NOSEMAPHOBIA

One of the things this panicdemic has exposed is how many people in our society are extreme HYPOCHONDRIACS and NOSOPHOBICS

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-13-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

The proper word is not paranoid.

The correct words are HYPOCHONDRIA and NOSEMAPHOBIA

One of the things this panicdemic has exposed is how many people in our society are extreme HYPOCHONDRIACS and NOSOPHOBICS

LOL, I guess I have never been an artist or authority of words.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL, I guess I have never been an artist or authority of words.

I wasn't being critical of you.....but you knew that

I also knew what you meant, but applying a little better definition to what's obviously going on doesn't hurt.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-14-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There is a lot in this post so to just simplify my response I will say risk is risk. We can't control what other people do any more than we can control the vid.
I believe my metaphors are accurate in relation to risk of driving and risk of going out into the public that now has covid. Drunk drivers have killed MANY cautious and experienced defensive drivers, the choice to not crash is not always ours just like we can't make the virus stay in other people.
But in ALL situations driving or dinning out, on a highway or a walk way be careful, be cautious and stay safe. If you do not feel comfortable out in public, stay home, just the same for people who have a phobia of cars, stay out of them.
This is in no way a jab at anyone.

Auto accidents and risk of deth on the highways is just a poor comparison. Apples to oranges.
Think about all the things we (and the govt) do and has done tho, to make driving safer over the last 30+ years.
Seat belts.*
Collapsible steering columns.*
Air bags*.
SBS brakes*.
Electronic stability control.
Shatter resistant glass*.
power brakes and power steering.
Go far enough back, and you will know that even speed limits are there to protect us from each other and ourselves.*

Currently optional but will eventually be at least partially mandated:
Forward collision warning/avoidance.
Automatic emergency braking.
Left turn collision avoidance.
bicycle avoidance/detection.
Pedestrian detection/braking.

* mandated by law. These are enforceable either thru observance by police or at vehicle inspection stations, all for our safety and they work. Have saved countless thousands of lives since being implemented.

Balance those against the fact there are no real laws or orders that can be (or could be but are not) enforced in regards to distancing or masks or even quarantines.
Lockdowns would be all but un-necessary if the nation approached this pandemic the same way it looked at traffic fatalities.
It doesn't, so traffic risks can't begin to be compared to Covid19.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-14-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Auto accidents and risk of deth on the highways is just a poor comparison. Apples to oranges.
Think about all the things we (and the govt) do and has done tho, to make driving safer over the last 30+ years.
Seat belts.*
Collapsible steering columns.*
Air bags*.
SBS brakes*.
Electronic stability control.
Shatter resistant glass*.
power brakes and power steering.
Go far enough back, and you will know that even speed limits are there to protect us from each other and ourselves.*

Currently optional but will eventually be at least partially mandated:
Forward collision warning/avoidance.
Automatic emergency braking.
Left turn collision avoidance.
bicycle avoidance/detection.
Pedestrian detection/braking.

* mandated by law. These are enforceable either thru observance by police or at vehicle inspection stations, all for our safety and they work. Have saved countless thousands of lives since being implemented.

You are making my case for me. When I said I wanted to keep my answer simple, it was this very thing I had in mind.
The safety laws are the masks and social distancing and businesses closures and funerals and weddings ALL shut down in the name of "safety".
Its a great correlation.

Balance those against the fact there are no real laws or orders that can be (or could be but are not) enforced in regards to distancing or masks or even quarantines.
Lockdowns would be all but un-necessary if the nation approached this pandemic the same way it looked at traffic fatalities.
It doesn't, so traffic risks can't begin to be compared to Covid19.

Again I agree with you that people should have cared more about covid precautions from day one all the way through to now and covid in America would already be drying ink in history books. Likewise if everyone honored and abided by traffic laws, if all road workers diligently serviced the roadways of disrepair and hazards......... traffic fatalities would be practically zero.
But that doesn't discount my metaphor, again I draw from you answer to build on my metaphor. There is a way to stop a MASSIVE number of deaths on the highways but like masks the people don't want them,... prohibition. Masks are a form of safety laws just like traffic laws that people regularly disregard. Proposals for new laws in the name of safety can be applied to any scenario, even this one.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are making my case for me. When I said I wanted to keep my answer simple, it was this very thing I had in mind.
The safety laws are the masks and social distancing and businesses closures and funerals and weddings ALL shut down in the name of "safety".

Shut down BECAUSE the mask and social distancing 'laws' have no teeth in them and are therefore not enforced. Because there is no real penalty for not following thos "laws", and about 1/3- 1/2 the country just ignored them, so extensive lockdowns were necessary and stayed in effect much longer than necessary. States were allowed to exit lockdown, didn't force folks to wear masks for the most part, allowed public gatherings and here we are 8 months later with 200,000+ dead and case loads still around 50,000 new US cases every day.

The same would be true in regards to driving on the highway if seatbelts, driving speed, abs, airbag use, shatter-resistant glass etc were all optional. The 'govt' made it so that there was no choice and as a result, traffic fatalities are much lower than they would be otherwise.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shut down BECAUSE the mask and social distancing 'laws' have no teeth in them and are therefore not enforced. Because there is no real penalty for not following thos "laws", and about 1/3- 1/2 the country just ignored them, so extensive lockdowns were necessary and stayed in effect much longer than necessary. States were allowed to exit lockdown, didn't force folks to wear masks for the most part, allowed public gatherings and here we are 8 months later with 200,000+ dead and case loads still around 50,000 new US cases every day.

The same would be true in regards to driving on the highway if seatbelts, driving speed, abs, airbag use, shatter-resistant glass etc were all optional. The 'govt' made it so that there was no choice and as a result, traffic fatalities are much lower than they would be otherwise.

So are you arguing for "metaphorical" prohibition?
The people are saying they don't want it.
Are you saying you want forced mask wearing and home imprisonment?
What if the people just say no? Should they be arrested? What if they do not comply with an arrest? Should they be shot, ... for not wearing a mask? Wear does it stop? How far should the law go? At what point should the authorities say not wearing a mask is worth putting hands on people?
Take the good with the bad, America is just too independent to control like that. And it shows. America has not always done the right thing, and taking away freedoms, forced behavior changes and mandated restrictions is asking for rebellion.
I can't believe Americans have just let these lockdowns destroy their business, rob the nest eggs and deny them Church, funerals, weddings, parties, vacations and more. It blows my mind the freedoms Americans threw away to slow and eradicate covid. They have had enough it's over.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002
For what its worth, I have put to much into this topic, I am out, I have allowed myself to discuss this further than I care to.
Peace, and be careful out there.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Peace, and be careful out there.

And you as well Rick. They're just words on the internet screen and as one of my neighbors has always said about his walkin skeleton cows.........."They (We) will either make it or won't".

PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And you as well Rick. They're just words on the internet screen and as one of my neighbors has always said about his walkin skeleton cows.........."They (We) will either make it or won't".

Thank you. Healthy debate is a good thing. Shake hands and serve up dinner.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

He has recovered much quicker than I expected. He announced that he was positive on 10/1. Now on 10/12 he tests negative on multiple consecutive tests.

I guess the Covid-19 drugs he is taking actually work.

https://www.foxnews.com/pol...-of-president-trumps

So he says anyway, the believability factor on anything he says is extremely low.. He still looked "unwell" during his town hall.. His voice was even fading on him, and you could tell his throat was bothering him. If he is recovered then good for him, hopefully all the other people around him who were also infected recover as well. As well as the people infected at his super spreader rallys, hope they recover as also.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump haters never take him seriously, but always take him literally.

Trump supporters never take him literally, but always take him seriously.

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Ah yes the standard response, I've heard that one quite a bit.. Neither one of those ideas makes sense.. Similar to Trump himself.

I don't hate the man, he is what he is.. But i don't believe Trump and his family have the countries best interest at heart.

Not a fan of Biden either.. But we tried Trump, and in my opinion its not going well, time to try someone else.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 10-17-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2020 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can dissagree with someone’s words & deeds without hating them.

Well, I can anyway, I can’t speak for others.
Just like YOU can only speak for yourself.

You can’t apply emotion onto what someone else thinks simply because it makes it easier for you to dismiss someone you disagree with.

Just disagree with them.
Why isn’t that enough?

Here, I can help.
Why did you HATE President Obama so much?

In actuality, l have no idea how you feel about Obama at all, I just took it upon myself to apply “Black man bad” to the basis of your thinking.

True or not, it makes it easier for me to pretend & imply that somehow you’re mentally deficient.

All because you have a different view point.
It’s chicken shlt.

Get real.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 10-17-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2020 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Ah yes the standard response, I've heard that one quite a bit.. Neither one of those ideas makes sense.. Similar to Trump himself.

I don't hate the man, he is what he is.. But i don't believe Trump and his family have the countries best interest at heart.

Not a fan of Biden either.. But we tried Trump, and in my opinion its not going well, time to try someone else.

Simple enough.
Why is that so hard for some to understand?

I mean, it’s not like you’re telling anyone to leave the country if they don’t like it...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 10-17-2020).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Simple enough.
Why is that so hard for some to understand?

I mean, it’s not like you’re telling anyone to leave the country if they don’t like it...

Well as I've said in the past, people tend to project their emotions towards those they disagree with. Its easier that way, plus they can get that tiny dopamine rush as they try their "gotcha" moment.. Then they don't have to listen, and pretend they "scored one for the team"..

Tribal mentality.

Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

Well as I've said in the past, people tend to project their emotions towards those they disagree with. Its easier that way, plus they can get that tiny dopamine rush as they try their "gotcha" moment.. Then they don't have to listen, and pretend they "scored one for the team"..

Tribal mentality.

You just described every single Democrat who posts on social media or MSM.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm trying to get my head around that.

Is this (Pennock's) within your Venn Diagram for "social media"..?

How do Democrats "post" on MSM..? Would that be in the Comments from Readers area that can appear along with an article or report? Or is that when someone that is described as a Democrat (or that you consider to be a Democrat) is credited as the author of an article or as the reporter for a news report?

Just the two first thoughts that I have, about that remark from Hudini.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"CPI reported that more than 96 percent of those donations were made to Clinton."

That's journalists who donated to either Clinton or Trump. Unfortunately this bias tends to manifest itself with Orange Man Bad while ignoring Biden's past.

Then you have the latest Twitter BS where they suspended accounts and blocked people from sharing a news story from a major newspaper about Hunter Biden and his alleged meetings with Burisma executives and ole Joe himself.

PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Every single one eh? You can pretend Republicans don't do it too, if that makes you feel better, but its not reality.

Both sides may have different agenda's and beliefs, but when you break them down, they have the same failures. And when either side is taken to the extreme, the end result is always the same. Which does not bode well for people like you and I.

Try to keep in mind, whatever team you believe your a part of (Liberal, Conservative) your not really on the team, to them you don't even exist as a human being, your a number to be counted, and then forgotten, like cattle. Those that run said team, don't care about you, don't care about your problems, and have zero interest in improving your potential quality of life. They just don't. Politicians, regardless of what team color they wear, don't live in the same reality that you and I do. They care about gaining power, and once they gain power, all they care about is keeping it. Oh sure some of them, ill even dare to say, many of them, may have good intentions when first entering politics, but once they gain that power, that all goes away. Power corrupts, absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

I choose not pick a team, not to choose one side over the other. But a blending of both, It's what is needed for a stable society, both sides need each other, keep each other in check, keep the balance. People tend to forget that, which is a shame, as human history is full of examples of either side going to the extreme, and taking full control, and as I just stated, for regular people like you and I, it does not end well. Remember also that both sides have their extreme "players", and those extremes tend to be the loudest and noisiest players on the team.

But if you want to fall in line, and choose to go with one side, all the time, no matter what, because that's "your team". Then that's your choice, and you have every right to make that choice, this is America after all, you have that freedom. But you will also have to live with, and possibly suffer, the consequences of said choice. Because who knows, you may, in your lifetime, get just what you believe you want, were your "team" is fully in control, and runs the entire show, and the other team, is either eradicated, or pushed underground, which we both know, would likely be very destructive and bloody affair to accomplish, and when the dust settles, you'll have gained nothing for it.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 10-17-2020).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2020 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jonesy

4693 posts
Member since Oct 2009

"CPI reported that more than 96 percent of those donations were made to Clinton."

That's journalists who donated to either Clinton or Trump. Unfortunately this bias tends to manifest itself with Orange Man Bad while ignoring Biden's past.

Then you have the latest Twitter BS where they suspended accounts and blocked people from sharing a news story from a major newspaper about Hunter Biden and his alleged meetings with Burisma executives and ole Joe himself.

Paying attention to the media, weather its social or news in modern times, in my opinion is a failure on part of the American people. Most Americans in general have become so intellectually and politically lazy by doing so. Especially when a lot of information is public record, were you can literally get the information without any political bias or B.S. attached to it by some journalist or political hack on social media. But but! People are to busy to look up and learn this stuff, its too hard.. Bah! That's B.S, and no excuse.

No instead they go to the billions of different stupid "news websites" who's sole agenda isn't to spread truth, facts, or to truly inform the people. Nope, all they want is money.. That's it, its really that simple. They want to draw you into their site with flashy, usually false, headlines, then stretch, manipulate, or straight out lie to you about one side or the other, in order to enrage you, get you angry, then their agenda is to keep you angry, keep you engaged, to get those almighty clicks, and fill their pockets with cash. So people segregate themselves, only read media from whatever website is pretending to be fighting for their "team". And as you can plainly see by the current political climate in this country, it works very very well.

I would advise everyone to get off social media, get off twitter, get off facebook, stop reading media news sites, ignore CNN, ignore FOX news and those like them. If your really interested in a topic or case, or whatever, get out there, find the real data (hint, you won't get it from the media) research what information you can, know what are actual facts, and not some media blowhards version of the facts. Its not easy, in fact its pretty hard, but to use a quote from Jordan Peterson, there's "personal truth" which is what you get from media of all forms, and is usually B.S. Then there is "absolute truth" which, is what is actual reality. Finding absolute truth is hard, very hard, but its also very worth the work and effort to find.

Or! You as an American also have another choice. Just believe what you are told, and tow the line. Which i believe is beneath you, but its your choice to make.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 10-19-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not being a Twitter user or follower myself, or having seen any of that "action" on Twitter with my own eyes, I am reluctant to comment on what happened on Twitter.

I believe that the "major newspaper" that Hudini has in mind is the New York Post.

People who hunger for more about the New York Post reportage involving a laptop with emails and Hunter Biden could indulge their appetite for that particular fare--and right here on Pennock's..! How convenient is that?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/125671.html#p7

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-18-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock