Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Below the surface of news headlines, the (mostly) white-skinned militia-style threat.

Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Trash Can.
Below the surface of news headlines, the (mostly) white-skinned militia-style threat. by rinselberg
Started on: 10-10-2020 10:46 AM
Replies: 25 (401 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 10-14-2020 02:43 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Terrorism is like an iceberg. There's a part of it that is easy to see as it breaks through the surface of news media headlines. The proverbial "tip of the iceberg." Large scale riots, arson, looting and property damage, even to the point of wholesale destruction of neighborhoods and business districts. Violent lawlessness that has killed or inflicted serious injuries on police, and on other people and groups who become targets.

The nabbing of the "Whitmer 13" on charges arising from a plot to do harm to Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer is another reminder of the part of the Terror iceberg that more usually lurks beneath the surface of news headlines. Among the people who are the most schooled on this threat, Kathleen Belew, the author of "Bring the War Home: The White Power Movement and Paramilitary America" and an assistant professor of history at the University of Chicago. The bespectacled Belew has a brief new "read" about it in the Washington Post.

"The plot against Whitmer won’t be the last white supremacist threat"
Kathleen Belew for the Washington Post; October 8, 2020.
https://www.washingtonpost....ts-gretchen-whitmer/

Here's how it starts:

FBI agents have disrupted and stopped what they say was a conspiracy by militia movement members to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D). They discussed arson of her vacation home and other targets and kidnapping her for “trial.”

This isn’t just a one-off event or the work of a few mad actors — it’s part of a rising tide of white power activity, one that poses an imminent danger to American democracy. The Department of Homeland Security’s threat assessment report, released earlier this week after a long wait, made that clear: White power movement violence and affiliated extremism is, by far, the greatest terrorist threat to our nation.

Not only does this kind of extremist violence outstrip any violence carried out by what President Trump has referred to as “antifa and the left,” but white power violence now also exceeds the threat of radical Islamist terror. The DHS assessment makes clear that “2019 was the most lethal year for extremism in the United States since the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.”

That bombing, the largest deliberate mass casualty on mainland American soil between Pearl Harbor and 9/11, is still not well understood by Americans. People still think of it as the work of lone wolves or a few bad apples. But the Oklahoma City bombing, which killed 168 people — including 19 young children — was the work of the white power movement, a coordinated social network that brought together Klansmen, neo-Nazis, skinheads, militiamen, radical tax resisters, separatists and others in outright war on the federal government. The evidence of the bombing as part of this movement is extensive and irrefutable.

The entire article barely dents the Read-o-Meter scale as less than a 5-minute "read."

The "Reading" Railroad... Feng Shui for all the media content that lives rent-free in your head.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-10-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2020 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If we fall into civil war again, it’ll be these guys that put flame to tinder.

Fortunately, they’ve proven they’re not very smart, big-picture wise in the long term.
But that don’t mean much.

How smart did Timothy McVeah have to be...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2020 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One mans terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Where you see a terrorist, I see a defender of rights.

What I see with these groups is a bunch of guys (at the far end of the spectrum) who have beyond had enough of being pushed, stolen from, around and beaten down simply for being white male.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 10-12-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2020 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

1. One mans terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Where you see a terrorist, I see a defender of rights.

2. What I see with these groups is a bunch of guys (at the far end of the spectrum) who have beyond had enough of being pushed, stolen from, around and beaten down simply for being white male.

1. There is some validity to that, in the sense that this country was acquired in that manner.

2. So....White Nationalists.
Their fight for “freedom” starts and ends with the color of a persons skin.

They love the Constitution but think “All men are created equal” is missing the word “white”.

That’s not nationalist, that’s supremest.
That’s not American.

America and is freedoms is about inclusion, not exclusion.
These guys have no idea what America is about.

They were going to kidnap her (not how America does business), try her (would she have gotten her trial rights under the Constitution?), and execute her (only available “court” outcome?).

Yeah, they LOVE America and the founding rules that actually makes America the greatness that it is..

These guys are terrorists, not “Freedom Fighters”.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2020 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

1. There is some validity to that, in the sense that this country was acquired in that manner.

2. So....White Nationalists.
Their fight for “freedom” starts and ends with the color of a persons skin.

Their own. It's called self-defence.

They love the Constitution but think “All men are created equal” is missing the word “white”.

That’s not nationalist, that’s supremest.
That’s not American.

Its individualism. MY rights do not end where your feelings start, and are NOT negated because you dont like them.

America and is freedoms is about inclusion, not exclusion.
These guys have no idea what America is about.

No. Exclusion (freedom FROM assembly) is a RIGHT. If you are not wanted, somebody has every right NOT to put up with you for any reason they see fit.

They were going to kidnap her (not how America does business) you mean like arrests (kidnapping) off the street ?, try her (would she have gotten her trial rights under the Constitution?) Does anybody ? Not even close anymore., and execute her (only available “court” outcome?). So ? Execution IS the traditional penalty for treason.

How is that any different than the myriad of "administrative law" courts run by sham "governments" and lawyers legal schemes (if you fart on a Wednesday you are deemed to have waived your right to pizz on a Saturday and we will fine or jail you for doing it ).

Yeah, they LOVE America and the founding rules that actually makes America the greatness that it is..

They love a free REPUBLIC, not a democracy or a corpocracy.

These guys are terrorists, not “Freedom Fighters”.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 10-12-2020).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2020 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It smells like a barnyard in this thread with all of the manure being spread around.

Notable is the fact that the FBI / DOJ has stated ZERO political, racial or social motivations of the arrested suspects.

NONE.

But what the hell, don't let FACTS spoil a great Leftist bullsh*t story.

It seems to be a never ending task to keep reminding Leftists that OPINIONS are NOT objective facts,....

....not even when those OPINIONS come from some writer at the Washington ComPost or the New York Slimes

"The truth always eventually comes out and it is NEVER what the Leftist media originally told you"........randye

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-12-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2020 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

>In total<

Nope.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2020 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by randye:

It smells like a barnyard in this thread with all of the manure being spread around.

Weird, because just this very instant I got a wiff of a sewer backing-up.

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2020 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Nope.

Really ??

So your saying I loose my free speech rights if you are offended ?

I loose my property rights if you don't like the type of property ?

I loose my travel rights if you dont like where I am going ?

YOU get to pick who I will and wont hang around with, screw, marry, work for or with, not me ? I have no rights ?

And of course, I loose my right to defend myself, because there is nothing the left likes more than unarmed, helpless, non-resisting victims.

About sum it up ?
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2020 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really ??

So your saying I loose my free speech rights if you are offended ?

I loose my property rights if you don't like the type of property ?

I loose my travel rights if you dont like where I am going ?

YOU get to pick who I will and wont hang around with, screw, marry, work for or with, not me ? I have no rights ?

And of course, I loose my right to defend myself, because there is nothing the left likes more than unarmed, helpless, non-resisting victims.

About sum it up ?

"Sounds like he's Tired Of Winning. But we'd have to examine and test him more thoroughly to be sure."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-12-2020).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

"Sounds like he's Tired Of Winning. But we'd have to examine and test him more thoroughly to be sure."

Wait a minute...
So instead of answering a quite valid series of questions, you post that bullshit meme? What the hell is that about, anyway?

Is that all you've got? That's crap! And I'm attempting to be polite.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 10-13-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2020 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The White middle class is what is considered White Supremacist. You got it. And they want it.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
Wait a minute... so instead of answering a quite valid series of questions, you post that bullshit meme? What the hell is that about, anyway? Is that all you've got? That's crap! And I'm attempting to be polite.

There weren't any "valid questions" in that rant of a message from MidEngineManiac. Not one. All I got out of that (from MEM) was that he is constantly and endlessly trying to imagine a society with laws that limit the freedoms of other kinds of people--anyone that MEM's not "crazy about" [idiom]--but laws that do not limit the freedoms of MEM and his "ilk" in any way whatsoever.

It was an Anarchist rant.

I just came up with that "Tired of Winning" meme with the photo image of MSNBC's Doctor in the House (Vin Gupta) because--well, I just wanted to ridicule MEM's rant. A spontaneous reaction. The first thing that came to my mind, as I pondered how best to ridicule MEM's rant.

I like MEM, but the last few days--he's been "extra", as a now-banned forum member had a habit of saying about me.

He should go back to "regular strength."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-13-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just wanted to ridicule MEM's rant.

He should go back to "regular strength."

So you are convinced that Cliff Pennock's rules against personal character attacks don't apply to you?

I like MEM, but the last few days--he's been "extra", as a now-banned forum member had a habit of saying about me.

There may very likely come a day when you regret making a veiled threat like that.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-13-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On second thought ...

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Let me be clear ...

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2020 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have been paying attention for the past 14 years you already KNOW I am am a libertarian/individualist at heart. Not anarchist. Anarchists don't want ANY laws or order at all.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have been paying attention for the past 14 years you already KNOW I am am a libertarian/individualist at heart. Not anarchist. Anarchists don't want ANY laws or order at all.

Even I know the difference and I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE the satanism of anarchy.
I disagree with many aspects of liberaterianism, but don't hold those views or differences personally against those that believe in it.
A healthy debate of ideas is a good thing, but a total blackout of others is unhealthy. Realistically, does anyone ever know everything? We exchange ideas, we grow. We closeout, we stunt and wilt.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That didn't "read" like Libertarianism. The message that I singled out, from MEM.

I need to bail out of this thread. "Punt formation." Maybe I will return if more emerges in the way of reporting about the "Whitmer 13." The 13 men who have been charged with crimes related to a conspiracy to do harm to the governor and the state of Michigan.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2020 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Veiled threat"... WTF are you babbling about?

Not that I care, but I don't want you to think that you are making any kind of sense, because you're not.

Tony Kania. Before he was banned, he had a way of reacting to some of my messages, where he would say "Feeling extra today, rinselberg?"

I didn't have any problem with it.

1. I'm not "babbling" so once again do you somehow believe that Cliff Pennock's rules about personal character attacks don't apply to you?

2. "I don't want you to think that you are making any kind of sense, because you're not." that sure as hell looks like you think the rules against personal character attacks don't apply to you.

I didn't have any problem with it.

Then you shouldn't have had a problem with the fact that MeM WASN'T EVEN TALKING TO YOU!

This is some really rich, but not unsurprising, crap coming from someone that spent years constantly complaining about "The Posting Rules" and now we see the evidence here that you think that only applies TO OTHERS and not you.

I need to bail out of this thread.

Agreed

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-13-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who are you to say that MeM WASN'T EVEN TALKING TO YOU! [ME].

It was a post. From MEM. A public message. He was talking to everyone. Talking to everyone and anyone who wanted to read his message.

But "you do you." I think you are making the adjustments that are necessary in the New Forum Rules era like a "pro."
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But "you do you." I think you are making the adjustments that are necessary in the New Forum Rules era like a "pro"."

Yep, just like I said, you think the rules apply to everyone else EXCEPT YOU.

Keep up the personal attacks and insults.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-14-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2020 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Keep up the personal attacks and insults.

This? Coming from you of all people?

This is either a (bad) joke... or you're purposely trying to make a mockery out of Cliff Pennock's revised efforts to moderate this forum.
This thread has been moved here: The Trash Can.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock