Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Dateline Boondawg: 38,000 Posts ~ Brilliance, Comedy, Wisdom. You're Welcome!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Dateline Boondawg: 38,000 Posts ~ Brilliance, Comedy, Wisdom. You're Welcome! by Boondawg
Started on: 10-09-2020 10:07 PM
Replies: 23 (261 views)
Last post by: Boondawg on 10-12-2020 10:47 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2020 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that should do it.
Let' er' fly!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2020 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2020 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need an offline life !!!!
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2020 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2020 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
“All I need is a cool wave, some tasty bud, and I’m fine!”
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2020 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

You need an offline life !!!!

I got it all!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You forgot "humility".
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2020 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

You forgot "humility".

No, just too humble to mention it.

You hit 38,000 not to long ago yer self!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 10-10-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not making any negative comment about you and your contributions... but when I look at my post count, I sometimes get discouraged because I consider it possibly a waste of time. I mean that in the most non-negative / respectful way as possible to Cliff... Fiero Forum is awesome, and I've legitimately made life-long friends with people from Pennocks (seriously). I also like the comradery that I get with other Fiero owners from different areas.

But any time I'm spending time babbling somewhere about something, I think of it as a potential waste of time.

Growing up, I had a dad from the Netherlands who was from a family of 5 other siblings who all worked the family business / factory that my grandparents owned in Vassen / Appeldorn in Holland. So... my dad has always worked his ass off.

He came to this country with $500 bucks in his pocket and a degree, and got a job as a front desk clerk at a hotel. Over time, he worked through several other departments in that hotel, and transferred to other hotels for better opportunity and higher responsibility. By the time I was born, my dad had worked every position that you'd typically have at a hotel, from housekeeping, to front desk clerk, to engineering, to whatever. He'd work his way up to Comptroller, and by the time I was born he was Director of Food and Beverage at a major hotel. By the time I was 3, he was hotel manager of one of the most exclusive hotels in the United States, and routinely associated with people at the highest echelons of our society.

(he's the one in this picture that no one here knows)

My earliest memories, my dad was the head honcho of anywhere he worked. He worked long hours, and then as soon as he'd come home from work, he'd change into junky clothes, changing everything except his work socks, and his Omega Seamaster. He'd go from being in the board room, to digging a ditch in the backyard or building a deck or patio, or whatever. My dad was ALWAYS working.

So having that as a role model (and a great role model), any time I'm not working, I feel like I'm wasting my time. I'm OK with that, but when I look at my post count... I'm like... I wonder what I could have built, fixed, or created with all the time I spent typing.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-10-2020 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Not making any negative comment about you and your contributions... but when I look at my post count, I sometimes get discouraged because I consider it possibly a waste of time. I mean that in the most non-negative / respectful way as possible to Cliff... Fiero Forum is awesome, and I've legitimately made life-long friends with people from Pennocks (seriously). I also like the comradery that I get with other Fiero owners from different areas.

But any time I'm spending time babbling somewhere about something, I think of it as a potential waste of time.

Growing up, I had a dad from the Netherlands who was from a family of 5 other siblings who all worked the family business / factory that my grandparents owned in Vassen / Appeldorn in Holland. So... my dad has always worked his ass off.

He came to this country with $500 bucks in his pocket and a degree, and got a job as a front desk clerk at a hotel. Over time, he worked through several other departments in that hotel, and transferred to other hotels for better opportunity and higher responsibility. By the time I was born, my dad had worked every position that you'd typically have at a hotel, from housekeeping, to front desk clerk, to engineering, to whatever. He'd work his way up to Comptroller, and by the time I was born he was Director of Food and Beverage at a major hotel. By the time I was 3, he was hotel manager of one of the most exclusive hotels in the United States, and routinely associated with people at the highest echelons of our society.

My earliest memories, my dad was the head honcho of anywhere he worked. He worked long hours, and then as soon as he'd come home from work, he'd change into junky clothes, changing everything except his work socks, and his Omega Seamaster. He'd go from being in the board room, to digging a ditch in the backyard or building a deck or patio, or whatever. My dad was ALWAYS working.

So having that as a role model (and a great role model), any time I'm not working, I feel like I'm wasting my time. I'm OK with that, but when I look at my post count... I'm like... I wonder what I could have built, fixed, or created with all the time I spent typing.

Fine, let’s make it ALL ABOUT YOU!

P.S. The whole idea of this thread creation was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. I consider my “contributions” here absolutely worthless.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Your dad is Gerald Ford?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
from Boondawg -
"P.S. The whole idea of this thread creation was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. I consider my “contributions” here absolutely worthless."

Don't be so hard on yourself, the comic relief is welcome!

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 10-10-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whether you realize it or not Jake, your contributions to this forum are probably the most appreciated!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

I didn't realize Jake was so old!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I didn't realize Jake was so old!

Which one's Jake?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-10-2020).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Growing up, I had a dad from the Netherlands.

Originally posted by williegoat:

Your dad is Gerald Ford?

See the first quote. I'm thinking it was Gerald Fjord.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm thinking it was Gerald Fjord.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

See the first quote. I'm thinking it was Gerald Fjord.

Hah... that would make the guy Norwegian... not Dutch.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2020 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hah... that would make the guy Norwegian... not Dutch.

Yeah, well... I take 'em where I can get 'em.
PFF
System Bot
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2020 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your contributions here are worth exactly what they were paid for with.

Blood, sweat, tears, and toil.

They were worth reading for me.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

They were worth reading for me.

I remember those days!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2020 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Don't be so hard on yourself, the comic relief is welcome!

I must admit, I didn’t expect that from you.
We are usually on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to discussing our beliefs.

But I never took it personal.
It now seems you didn’t either.
I think that’s cool.

I appreciate you taking the time to express those kind words to me.

Thank you.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock