Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  President and first lady test positive for covid! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
President and first lady test positive for covid! by williegoat
Started on: 10-02-2020 01:14 AM
Replies: 177 (2784 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 10-12-2020 01:41 PM
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Do you know how dumb that sounds dude ?????

Go wanlk into a paint-booth, or an asbestos construction project, and see how far that bull-**** gets you

Go ahead, try it at you closest auto body shop......

10000000000% TRUE I do think the cheap masks lower the radius (on average) of how far infected people spew the virus ...
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

The number of people who think that they are epidemiologists, physicians, public health experts or biomedical engineers because they attended the "University of Internet" for the past 6 months never ceases to amaze me..

As should the micro managing of Covid for political reasons.
Whether one becomes informed from reading medical articles off the internet, written by many of the top medical people in the world or reading the same from textbooks or listening to them in university classrooms or assigned by professors makes no difference.

Reading conspiracy theories that have absolutley zero basis in fact tho, is a completely different scenario.
You and MeM are welcome to contradict the text I posted regarding particle sizes.

Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:
The truth is, I actually feel sorry for him.
He is a product of his upbringing.
It’s incredibly sad.

I actually have a question on that.

A large portion of the population probably has experienced and upbringing that may not be ideal (whatever ideal really means.)

Trump is at the age and an era of upbringing (baby boomers) who experienced fathers (if they even had one as many died during WWII) that were strict and didn't show love and affection as defined by 21st Century standards.

Both genetics and your environment does shape who you are. But I do find it fascinating that siblings that experience the same upbringing turn out so differently.

For every psychopathic criminal in prison, they have a sibling that is not, completely normal and a law-biding and productive citizen.

Even ghetto kids, growing up in drug/gang filled neighborhoods without stable parents. One will be a gang member, the other becomes a medical doctor. Kids of alcoholic parents, one will be an alcoholic the other will never touch the stuff.

So it makes you wonder, how much do we do and become is really an individual choice that we make rather than blaming the entire circumstances of our being as a by-product of their upbringing and environment?

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 10-03-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

I actually have a question on that.

A large portion of the population probably has experienced and upbringing that may not be ideal (whatever ideal really means.)

Trump is at the age and an era of upbringing (baby boomers) who experienced fathers (if they even had one as many died during WWII) that were strict and didn't show love and affection as defined by 21st Century standards.

Both genetics and your environment does shape who you are. But I do find it fascinating that siblings that experience the same upbringing turn out so differently.

For every psychopathic criminal in prison, they have a sibling that is not, completely normal and a law-biding and productive citizen.

Even ghetto kids, growing up in drug/gang filled neighborhoods without stable parents. One will be a gang member, the other becomes a medical doctor. Kids of alcoholic parents, one will be an alcoholic the other will never touch the stuff.

So it makes you wonder, how much do we do and become is really an individual choice that we make rather than blaming the entire circumstances of our being as a by-product of their upbringing and environment?

I believe that a great % of 'how we turn out' is based upon individual choices and life style/social environment a lot more so than genetics. Genetics in any lifeform cand and more often than not, be overcome by outside forces. We are not simply the sum of our genetic sequence.

The examples of siblings you gave are a good example of that, but it often works both ways. An older sibling may be a 'textbook' example of a 'good citizen' but a younger one may rebel against that stereotype after having the older brother often brought up as the example to follow. ("Why can't you be like your big brother Bob..get a haircut and get a real job" )
Inversely, a younger sibling may watch the older sibling get into trouble and poverty due to life choices and embark on a path that completely avoids those pitfalls.

I even see it in twins within my own extended family. One become a hell on wheels/run off the cliff into destitution sort and the other a professional with the goal of advancing in both society and economic security and stability. One be completely self sustaining and his brother or sister be a leech on the family their entire life. (There are 4 sets of twins in my family, tho some of them have passed away now.)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-03-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:
Now we see if the Hydroxychloraquine (sp?) Azithromycin, and Zinc do what has been advertised.

Maybe not. His advertised treatment is not that and, it is not FDA / CDC approved.

Originally posted by maryjane:
I can't say I'm surprised ...

Why ? Really, why ? Truthfully, I am not surprised either. Because ...

Originally posted by blackrams:
I believe that eventually, we'll all be exposed to it.

I do too. maryjane, you have posted that the Kung Flu virus is mutating and a vaccine may not be able to protect us.
You have posted that you are (paraphrasing) that you can npot believe that many are misinformed about the nuances of Covid. From me saying I can not spread it if I don't have it. SURPRISE, our "wizards of covid" have been all over the map on information.

The good outcome is all of the wrong people will be dead. This is the same song and dance as I heard years ago, decades ago. "Don't have sex and all venereal diseases will cease". The only difference is that then, we were protecting ourselves. We were not labeled as being unpatriotic.

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
When the Trumps get over this, it could have an impact on how Americans views the virus.

You mean the undecided ? The lost ? The Covid infection rate is minuscule, the death rate even more so. This is a panic demic.

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
Time will tell if the tolerant left is really tolerant.

How much time does it take you to see the truth, ?

Originally posted by Imnuts:
You can't say Trump hasn't practiced poor personal protection.

Why not ? Why did he not get it a long time ago ?

He has also encouraged thousands of other people to not to social distance or wear masks.

You have a right to an opinion. Of those thousands, how many died ?

I hope this situation wakes him up to how serious covid-19 should be taken.

Originally posted by Lambo nut:
Or on the other hand show everyone else that are running around like chickens with their heads cut off just how non serious it is.

You said it for me Lambo nut.

You can’t catch a hoax.

Right, . No one ever falls for "BullZhit".

But let’s say he was wrong about it being a Hoax.
It’s just the FLU, remember?
Remember?

What do you remember ? Do you remember my thread, My Wife Tested Positive For Covid ?

You said you had two down in your family from Covid. Did they die?

From my thread ...

I've known several people that had Covid-19, and everyone of them were perfectly fine. No real symptoms or hospitalization. Within 10-days for their follow-up test, they were negative.

Originally posted by Zeb:
My mother in law (78) just got over covid.

Reread that thread Boondawg !

Again, from that thread ...

Originally posted by cliffw:

It seems the 'death watch" is over. She had/is getting better since my last post. If she had gotten hydrox, that could not be a testament to it being a cure all.

The whole episode has really been a nothing burger. If anything, a longer lasting flu.

Me ? I have lived with her and am still negative.

YAWN !

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have lost three people in my life to Covid. Two of them were healthy with no underlying health factors. No funeral. No seeing them before they died... They died with a nurse by their side, so I have to be thankful for small graces like that.

Anecdotal evidence is just that, anecdotal. Even if everyone *you* personally know that was infected made a full recovery, that does not automatically mean that the virus is nothing.

I am now positive for Covid-19 as of Thursday of this last week, symptoms starting on Tuesday, running a continuous 99.8+ fever with my highest peak at 102 last night, soreness in the muscles/joints, diarrhea, loss of smell and taste, nausea, and am starting to have shortness of breath.

Please stop saying this is nothing. To some of us, it may end up being everything...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 10-03-2020).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I have lost three people in my life to Covid. Two of them were healthy with no underlying health factors. No funeral. No seeing them before they died... They died with a nurse by their side, so I have to be thankful for small graces like that.

Anecdotal evidence is just that, anecdotal. Even if everyone *you* personally know that was infected made a full recovery, that does not automatically mean that the virus is nothing.

I am now positive for Covid-19 as of Thursday of this last week, symptoms starting on Tuesday, running a continuous 99.8+ fever with my highest peak at 102 last night, soreness in the muscles/joints, diarrhea, loss of smell and taste, nausea, and am starting to have shortness of breath.

Please stop saying this is nothing. To some of us, it may end up being everything...

This is some crappy news. Please take care and keep us updated. You're a huge part of this forum and the Fiero community.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't say I'm surprised ...[/quote]

Really..Why?

He's made it a habit for months, to be out in the public and in private meetings among a lot people that like he, didn't believe in distancing or wearing masks.
Former governor and Trump ally Chris Christi has tested positive as well as Hicks.
Christie appeared on ABC's Good Morning America that day to discuss Trump's interactions before his diagnosis and what precautions the Trump administration took to prevent the virus's spread before Tuesday's debate.

"No one was wearing a mask in the room when we were prepping the president during that period of time," Christie said on the show. "The group was about five or six people in total................. Christie mentioned that the Trumps and Hope Hicks, a top aide to the president who tested positive Thursday, "seemed completely fine" and that he did not notice any symptomatic people during the debate prep.

Trump is believed to have contracted the virus from Hicks, who traveled with the president aboard Air Force One on Tuesday to and from the debate in Cleveland, as well as to a rally Wednesday in Duluth, Minnesota. Hicks began feeling ill during the rally and quarantined on the plane ride home, testing positive the following day."

I'm glad your wife is on the mend, but I doubt that she views nearly 60 days stuck at home with what you call 'a longer flu' as a 'nothing burger'.

Praying for you Synthesis!! Hope you get over this quickly.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-03-2020).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks IMSA. My wife is also now exhibiting symptoms, which started on Thursday, though her symptoms seem to be limited to general aches/pain, headache, chills. She has a test on Monday, and I will have a second test as well to confirm Thursday's test results.

We are both high risk with health factors that may cause this to be worse than in other cases. I have a pulse oximeter and am watching O2 levels. So far things are good in that regard, even with the shortness of breath. Coincidentally, I was antibody positive in June after an extremely bad "flu" in February that exhibited all of the same exact symptoms except the loss of smell/taste. I was sent home from the ER twice with good O2 levels at that time, but severe shortness of breath and dizziness when I stood up.

When speaking with my doctor yesterday about my positive test this week, he stated that repeat infections are entirely possible with Covid based on what we know thus far.

Either I had Covid in February as well, or I was asymptomatic at some point in time prior to June.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shortness of breath/laboured breathing is my biggest fear with this virus. Wishing both you and your wife the best.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Shortness of breath/laboured breathing is my biggest fear with this virus. Wishing both you and your wife the best.

My wife is asthmatic as well, and the few times I have heard her in the middle of an attack without having her inhaler nearby has terrified me. There have been some points in my life where I have been unable to breathe as well, and that is one of my biggest fears. It is panic-inducing, struggling to breathe and being unable to. Thank you for the well wishes.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Whether one becomes informed from reading medical articles off the internet, written by many of the top medical people in the world or reading the same from textbooks or listening to them in university classrooms or assigned by professors makes no difference.

That is going to come as quite surprise to medical and professional licensing boards all over the world.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you believe knowledge is only reserved for those who have earned letters after their name? That's more than a little bourgeoisie sounding.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-03-2020 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The diagnosis doesn't help Trump at all in the short term until voting day(s). It hurts him in the way that the opposition wants it to. He can't hold rallies much to the glee of the opposition. His rallies are wildly popular and since he trolled the media into opposing him, he has little else to depend upon. A little Twitter and rallies is all he has.

My wife is a social worker so they're trained to spoon feed the entire .gov narrative and practice ridiculous levels of wariness and is in constant contact with all the other people in hers and other groups who have to note anybody who has had it in the areas that they regulate child care centers. She knows exactly 1 person who has been diagnosed. One. And it was no problem for the person.

The virus exists. The response is a hoax. Look at usdebtclock.org and see that this is a massive wealth transfer. It will ripple through the world economy for the next decade. The pattern for these instances usually includes a massive war. We'll see.

No way in Hades I'm interested in any vaccine these frauds are producing. No. I'm building a mansion in Heaven.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

The diagnosis doesn't help Trump at all in the short term until voting day(s). It hurts him in the way that the opposition wants it to. He can't hold rallies much to the glee of the opposition. His rallies are wildly popular and since he trolled the media into opposing him, he has little else to depend upon. A little Twitter and rallies is all he has.

My wife is a social worker so they're trained to spoon feed the entire .gov narrative and practice ridiculous levels of wariness and is in constant contact with all the other people in hers and other groups who have to note anybody who has had it in the areas that they regulate child care centers. She knows exactly 1 person who has been diagnosed. One. And it was no problem for the person.

The virus exists. The response is a hoax. Look at usdebtclock.org and see that this is a massive wealth transfer. It will ripple through the world economy for the next decade. The pattern for these instances usually includes a massive war. We'll see.

No way in Hades I'm interested in any vaccine these frauds are producing. No. I'm building a mansion in Heaven.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ignore the risks, and you're liable to be occupying it sooner than you wish.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Suck it up buttercup ! Statistics say to most of us, it is nothing, ... but a prolonged bout of the flu. Which can be deadly too.

I am sorry to hear that you are ill. My best wishes for you, my prayers also. Don't be scared. You live, then you die. Live like you may not be alive tomorrow.

I am more sorry that in their dying days that family could not be there to comfort them, and themselves. I take it the nurse survived ?

Please ! Of course it is not nothing. It is not the big thing they scare you to believe on a large scale. In fact, your experiences are anecdotal evidence.

I can't say I'm surprised ... because he's made it a habit for months, to be out in the public and in private meetings among a lot people that like he, didn't believe in distancing or wearing masks.

Nope, not even. You assert that President Trump thinks social distancing or wearing masks is bunk ? I am not buying it. Did Synthesis think it was bunk too ? My wife did not. She got a prolonged bout of the flu anyway.

Some people die. Life happens.

I have a pulse oximeter and am watching O2 levels. So far things are good in that regard, even with the shortness of breath.

I also have one. It means nothing. I was hospitalized in January and then again in February for respiratory issues, before Covid, and not related to Covid. Your O2 levels may be good but it could be there is not enough O2, because of shortness of breath.
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-03-2020 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not over 70 and not obese. My lung capacity was always higher than most people's.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My lung capacity was always higher than most people's.

I am pretty good at drinking beer, .
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your O2 levels may be good but it could be there is not enough O2, because of shortness of breath.

That might make some sense to you, but...
PFF
System Bot
sourmash

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-03-2020 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am pretty good at drinking beer, .

LOL.
Yeah, beer is better for me. Keeps the paranoia in check.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That might make some sense to you, but...

Thank you for the laugh, .

Let me see if I can dumb it down for you.

You are in a race. You have a high octane fuel, ... but ... not enough.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ignore the risks, and you're liable to be occupying it sooner than you wish.

According to the numbers, probably not.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 10-03-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only one applying hate is you.
I never said I hate him.
You did.

You do know one can criticize someone without hate, right?
Your “side”(?) seems to be incapable of understanding that.

The truth is, I actually feel sorry for him.
He is a product of his upbringing.
It’s incredibly sad.

You don’t have to actually say it but the message is still delivered. Alright then, I was just wondering if someone could articulate why they feel sorry for him. I never liked him from his TV show but never had any animosity. Just not my cup of tea. But when paired against the absolute evil of the Hildabeast he looked downright princely. When given the choice now of total gov control vs Trump he still looks better. Wish he would learn to say “sorry” instead of “hate” on Twitter.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've known people at several ages, from teenagers to those over 70 that had Covid, but have yet to know anyone that had serious complications or have died. Although my scope of people who I know that have had Covid is very small. Like less than 20 people in my known circle.

I know that it is anecdotal that people will say that they "know" someone that was healthy and young and died from Covid.

I do have to question that. There might be a claim that they don't have "underlying conditions", meaning that there is not any diabetes or other serious conditions.

But then they fail to say that they were heavy smokers, drug users or drinkers. Because somehow that isn't included in so called "underlying conditions". That has a lot to do with the health of an induvial.

Alyssa Milano said she was hospitalized from Covid and wouldn't wish it on her worse enemy, but she is a heavy smoker, so that is a big reason probably why she had a hard time with it.
Reminds me of a time back in 2001, when there were people who claim that they knew someone who died in the WTC on 9/11, but never gave out there name or anything.

Then when it came time when a list of all the victims were known, those that claimed that they "knew someone who died" suddenly disappear or never brought it up.

Not for sure why people lie like that, but it is quite common.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And that was supposed to clarify your earlier statement about O2 levels? Wait, I think I see the problem...

I am pretty good at drinking beer.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-03-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wait, I think I see the problem...

I didn't dumb it down enough ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 10-03-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've known people at several ages, from teenagers to those over 70 that had Covid, but have yet to know anyone that had serious complications or have died. Although my scope of people who I know that have had Covid is very small. Like less than 20 people in my known circle.

I know that it is anecdotal that people will say that they "know" someone that was healthy and young and died from Covid.

I do have to question that. There might be a claim that they don't have "underlying conditions", meaning that there is not any diabetes or other serious conditions.

But then they fail to say that they were heavy smokers, drug users or drinkers. Because somehow that isn't included in so called "underlying conditions". That has a lot to do with the health of an induvial.

Alyssa Milano said she was hospitalized from Covid and wouldn't wish it on her worse enemy, but she is a heavy smoker, so that is a big reason probably why she had a hard time with it.
Reminds me of a time back in 2001, when there were people who claim that they knew someone who died in the WTC on 9/11, but never gave out there name or anything.

Then when it came time when a list of all the victims were known, those that claimed that they "knew someone who died" suddenly disappear or never brought it up.

I too see that phenom quite often, and (unrelated to covid) especially reading the comments under youtube videos. Seems like 1/2 the vids I watch, someone in the comment section knew the person involved in the event, helped write the song, knew the sound guy on the movie set, their uncle loaded the A bomb onto Enola Gay, had an aunt that survived both Titanic and the Hindenburg, was the real inventor of Post-It notes, mowed Elvis Presley's father's lawn in Tupelo Miss, built Forrest Gump's shrimp boat...
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So you believe knowledge is only reserved for those who have earned letters after their name? That's more than a little bourgeoisie sounding.

That is patently NOT what I said.

For proper context and clarity, go back to my original statement on the page previous to this one and start over.

You did correctly point out that those "letters after a name" are indeed EARNED and just acquired from reading some random crap on the internet.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-03-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't dumb it down enough ?

Oh, it was dumb enough all right.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, it was dumb enough all right.

How so, expert ?

C'mon explain it to us.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How so, expert ?

I unfortunately have had way too much personal experience with shortness of breath and low O2 levels. Lungs lose their capacity to absorb oxygen (no matter how much atmospheric O2 may be available) if the bronchial tubes become restricted and/or the lung's air sacs are full of mucus.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2020 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

With respect to complications with SARS COV-2, physicians talk about comorbidities which are generally diagnosed, pathological illnesses or physical attributes.

Those comorbidity risks may complicate the severity and treatment of the disease, or they might not.

Risky behaviors such as smoking, poor diet, lack of exercise, bad hygiene and many other behaviors may certainly contribute to risk, a poor prognosis and extended recovery or they might not.

Human beings are marvelously diverse and not everyone reacts to disease or trauma in exactly the same way.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-04-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

That is patently NOT what I said.

For proper context and clarity, go back to my original statement on the page previous to this one and start over.

You did correctly point out that those "letters after a name" are indeed EARNED and just acquired from reading some random crap on the internet.

I did NOT say that either.
I have no idea where you got your degree(s) but if you say you acquired them from reading some random crap on the internet, so be it.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-04-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69649 posts
Member since Apr 2001

I unfortunately have had way too much personal experience with shortness of breath and low O2 levels. Lungs lose their capacity to absorb oxygen (no matter how much atmospheric O2 may be available) if the bronchial tubes become restricted and/or the lung's air sacs are full of mucus.

My b-i-l died in the spring of 2020 from exactly that.
His lung capacity was fine, but too much fluid within the tubes and too much scarring for oxy to be efficiently passed into the blood stream.
(not Covid..he had a long term illness obstensibly tied to Agent Orange exposure as well as having worked in a chemical plant for 20 years)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-04-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My b-i-l died in the spring of 2020 from exactly that.
His lung capacity was fine, but too much fluid within the tubes and too much scarring for oxy to be efficiently passed into the blood stream.

That must've been awful.

I think some people have the notion that more oxygen simply needs to be pumped into the lungs of anyone exhibiting low O2 levels, and all will be well. However, it's like trying to blow air into a soccer ball that's already full of water... it's not going to work. I hope that was dumbed down enough for cliffw to understand.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-04-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea where you got your degree(s) but if you say you acquired them from reading some random crap on the internet, so be it.

I received my Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Purdue University

I received my Masters Degree in Composite Materials Science from the University of Florida, Gainesville

I received my Masters Degree in Biomedical Engineering from the University of South Florida, Tampa

I have 12 U.S. Patents, 10 of which are for medical devices and 6 of those are for devices specifically intended to reduce blood borne, nosocomial, infections and two of the 10 are for needleless access for parenteral, (injection), pharmaceuticals. The remaining two I invented for use with cytotoxic pharmaceuticals to mitigate exposure for practitioners.

Over 20 years of my career has also been spent dealing directly with the FDA in obtaining clearances (both PMAs and 510K).

It was my work with nosocomial infection reduction that led to invitations to participate in 2 programs with the NIH where I met Tony Fauci.

(My colleagues and I considered him to be an arrogant little prick who contributed absolutely nothing to the projects)

I am presently enrolled in law school (1st year) at Stetson University College of Law *

You may rest assured in the certain knowledge that NONE of the above were, or ever will be, achieved by reading random crap on the internet.

David Dunning and Justin Kruger might be reading some of the COV-2 discussions on the internet and applauding each other for their, now well validated, insight.

Additionally, if someone isn't conducting a study of the prevalence of hypochondria in the population right now they are missing a golden opportunity.

* While I may never actually practice law, obtaining a JD is something I wanted to do and did not have time for until I retired.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 10-04-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2020 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You remind me of Detective Arthur P. Dietrich of Barney Miller fame.

“Didn’t you go to law school?”

“Yea, that was after medical school.”
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay