Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Tennessee governor lifts all coronavirus restrictions on businesses

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Tennessee governor lifts all coronavirus restrictions on businesses by blackrams
Started on: 09-29-2020 08:30 PM
Replies: 20 (423 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 10-04-2020 10:16 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'No limits': Tennessee governor lifts all coronavirus restrictions on businesses
https://www.msn.com/en-us/n...19xTz4?ocid=msedgntp

Tennessee governor lifts all coronavirus restrictions on businesses

Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee announced that while his state will extend its emergency declaration, all statewide coronavirus restrictions on businesses will be repealed.

Lee, a Republican, made the announcement during a Tuesday call with the state Legislature. He said that in addition to removing restrictions on businesses, restrictions on gatherings would also be rolled back, although the six largest cities in the Volunteer State will still be able to set their own local restrictions.

"I want the economy to move forward," Lee said during the call, according to the Tennessean. "I don't want any business to have any reason to not function as fully as they possibly can. I'm advocating for that in our big six counties, as well."
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-29-2020 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good to hear.

Unlike our maroons-in-chief who think you can get it at a strip club but not a restaurant, you can get it in a church, but not walmart. You wont catch it in a school, but you will at a BBQ.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be interesting to watch Tenn 'standings' in the coming weeks.
Texas tried it back in May and within a month & 1/2, went from #9 to #4, then #3 and is now #2.

I believe it was July 15 that Tx Gov Abbott had to re-implement some of the restrictions and mandate a state wide mask order.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
It will be interesting to watch Tenn 'standings' in the coming weeks.
Texas tried it back in May and within a month & 1/2, went from #9 to #4, then #3 and is now #2.

Interesting is California was the first State to implement lock downs and has never lifted them.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It varies from county to county, within California. Some are currently more locked down than others. San Francisco County (for example) just went from "Red" to "Orange". That's an improvement. Other counties are still "Purple" which worse than "Red." Depending on which county you are looking at, you may be able to have an indoors haircut but not an indoors restaurant dine-in.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 09-30-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Interesting is California was the first State to implement lock downs and has never lifted them.

By far, the most populated state too. A 'target rich environment' for any pathogen, even tho the state isn't very high up on population density.
Calif also has the highest "over 65' population, followed by Fla, Texas, Penn, and Ohio.

Georgia (one of the Southern states that the gov opened early) remains 'curious'. An unusually high number of non-recovered (active) cases compared to total cases and population total.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 09-30-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69649 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by rinselberg:

It varies from county to county, within California. Some are currently more locked down than others. San Francisco County (for example) just went from "Red" to "Orange". That's an improvement. Other counties are still "Purple" which worse than "Red." Depending on which county you are looking at, you may be able to have an indoors haircut but not an indoors restaurant dine-in.

Dining out is (according to the most recent article I read,) is high on the list of suspected ways covid19 gets spread.
https://fortune.com/2020/09...t-dining-cdc-report/

https://www.restaurantdive....cdc-report-f/585045/
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dining out is (according to the most recent article I read,) is high on the list of suspected ways covid19 gets spread.

Oh my. I am guilty of being unpatriotic and not protecting my fellow citizens, some of which hate my ideology. I position myself upwind of people outside. Or am I guilty ? If I don't contract an illness, I can not spread it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Oh my. I am guilty of being unpatriotic and not protecting my fellow citizens, some of which hate my ideology. I position myself upwind of people outside. Or am I guilty ? If I don't contract an illness, I can not spread it.

That, is yet another myth concerning Covid (and any other pathogen) One does not have to contract (be infected) the virus in order to transport the pathogen to another person and it is believed, that in up to 20% of cases, the person 'giving' it to someone else is not and has not, ever been infectious. There's a reason most restaurants and offices have hand sanitizer available at the entrances. Also why so many places have gone to disposable menus, no condiment bottles on every table. It lessens the risk of someone using those items and leaving the virus on them to be transported to the next customer. The same applies to grocery shopping carts...they each are supposed to be sanitized before the next customer uses them.
Jane and I still eat out on average, once/week but use hand sanitizer entering and leaving.

(I have trouble believing, 9 months in to this, that there is still so much false information being spread about)
20% of 7,425,583 (the current total US cases) = 1,485,116 cases.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 09-30-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was watching Governor Tate Reeves (MS) today and he is letting his state wide mask up order go under with the exception of schools and certain establishments that cater to the public in what's normally considered close quarters.

I'm still wearing my mask and social distancing as much as possible. But then, according to my doc, I'm in the highest risk category. I had no idea that attractive men were in danger prior to this.

Rams
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2020 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I'm still wearing my mask and social distancing as much as possible. But then, according to my doc, I'm in the highest risk category. I had no idea that attractive men were in danger prior to this.

Rams

Well.......you ARE the one who thought fat guys in thongs would be a good idea....Speaking of which, I still havent seen any royalties. Or Tacos. Or Burgers. Or poutine....or even a donut. Dont make me eat a corn-dog !!!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Well.......you ARE the one who thought fat guys in thongs would be a good idea....Speaking of which, I still havent seen any royalties. Or Tacos. Or Burgers. Or poutine....or even a donut. Dont make me eat a corn-dog !!!!!!!!

MEM,
Your picture was on page 13. Just happened that way. Only those that got positive votes got paid. Sorry bud.

Rams
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2020 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(I have trouble believing, 9 months in to this, that there is still so much false information being spread about)

Of the flood of misinformation, conspiracy theories and falsehoods seeding the internet on the coronavirus, one common thread stands out: President Trump.

That is the conclusion of researchers at Cornell University who analyzed 38 million articles about the pandemic in English-language media around the world. Mentions of Mr. Trump made up nearly 38 percent of the overall “misinformation conversation,” making the president the largest driver of the “infodemic” — falsehoods involving the pandemic.

The study, to be released Thursday, is the first comprehensive examination of coronavirus misinformation in traditional and online media.

https://www.nytimes.com/202...gSource=articleShare
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Herd immunity due to natural exposure?
Likely not to be a reality for any length of time if Covid 19 is like other Coronaviruses.

https://www.livescience.com...ity-reinfection.html
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been playing recreational hockey with basically the same group of guys (and some gals) for the last 25 years. Most of them are 20 years younger than me. I let them know this week that I won't be coming out when our season starts tomorrow. Yes, it's because of the threat of contracting COVID-19. No, it's not due to me being older (65 in December). It's got more to do with me having a history of asthma.

Fortunately, I haven't had much trouble with asthma for the last 50 years (as I've strived to keep my lungs in good condition)... but my childhood was very challenging due to suffering from asthma. An asthma attack for me would usually result in an accompanying chest infection, and I'd be sick in bed gasping/struggling for breath for up to two weeks at a time. It was like suffocating in slow motion. And this would be repeated several times each year throughout my childhood, up to about age 14.

I haven't exactly gone into hiding during this pandemic, but I don't take any more risks than necessary either. Going to the rink and playing hockey would increase my "bubble" considerably over what it's been for the last six months. I just don't feel comfortable doing so. Gotta wait for an effective vaccine to be developed and distributed. But damn, I sure hope it's within the next year!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-01-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moderna says it will be spring of 2021 before their vaccine is ready.

Pat, I haven't changed much of my activities either but I wear a mask and use hand sanitizer and distancing to lower the risk that I might unknowingly transmit a pathogen to other people. Congestive heart disease, diabetic, copd, 70 yrs old are some of my own risk factors but I personally am insignificant in the bigger scheme of things. The world wil most likely little care nor long remember I even existed once I'm gone, not that it much does or should now while I am alive.
Of the big Earthly machine, I am but a single chipped tooth on a driven gear of an auxiliary accessory effluent pump..

But, one never knows.the person I transport or transmit it to may the one destined for world changing discoveries or inventions.
(or desined to be Hitler #2)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-01-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...but I personally am insignificant in the bigger scheme of things. The world will most likely little care nor long remember I even existed once I'm gone, not that it much does or should now while I am alive.

Don, don't sell yourself short. In my own case, it's not so much that I have anything special to offer the world, but I sort of feel cheated of the first 14 or so years of my life... so I want to at least be able to enjoy the last 14 or so years of my time on this earthly plane.

Just found out that a friend of mine, in his 70's, went to the hospital recently to have a routine hernia operation, contracted pneumonia, and died four days ago. We just never know where or when the Grim Reaper will be paying a visit.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-01-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Just found out that a friend of mine, in his 70's, went to the hospital recently to have a routine hernia operation, contracted pneumonia, and died four days ago. We just never know where or when the Grim Reaper will be paying a visit.

Sorry for your loss. I know two older folks that passed recently from COVID 19 related illness. The sad part is, they were trying to follow the CDC's guidance but got the virus from family members who weren't. Their adult children.

Rams
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks Ron. What often bothers me the most about the death of a friend (or family member), especially if it's someone who's seen on an irregular basis, is that we don't get an opportunity to say good-bye... to say what we appreciated about that individual... to that individual. Years later, it still haunts me that I never said a proper good-bye to either one of my parents... although if I had been there to actually witness their demise, that might've been even worse. I don't deal with the finality of death very well.

Well, this is one uplifting discussion! Damn, I'm going outside...
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-01-2020).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2020 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Thanks Ron. What often bothers me the most about the death of a friend (or family member), especially if it's someone who's seen on an irregular basis, is that we don't get an opportunity to say good-bye... to say what we appreciated about that individual... to that individual. Years later, it still haunts me that I never said a proper good-bye to either one of my parents... although if I had been there to actually witness their demise, that might've been even worse. I don't deal with the finality of death very well.

Well, this is one uplifting discussion! Damn, I'm going outside...

You should be glad you didnt Patrick. I've done it twice, once for Grandma 35 years ago and once for dad 5 years ago. One took a full year and the other was a 4-month downhill slide at redline. We are not all cut out to do something like that for those closest to us. My bro and sis wouldn't spend a single night either time. Believe-ME it leaves a scar. A big bunch of them. I can handle myself getting kicked off, I spent enough of my life doing stupid sheet and getting away with it that its actually a miracle I'm not a smoking crater in some farm field or squish under some hooves. Trying to help a loved one through it, thats a WHOLE different ball game.

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock