Started on: 09-29-2020 11:37 AM
Replies: 6 (200 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 10-01-2020 09:27 PM
crazyd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been carrying the dohcfiero.com domain for about 15 years now and I have no idea why, but I am not renewing it this year. Contact me if you're interested in taking it over. Make it quick as it expires 10/1.

------------------
- Electron Blue '88 GT ZZ430 RPFI V8 5-speed (430hp) {Construction Zone}
- Silver '88 GT 5-speed w/cammed 3.4 (160hp)
Keeper of the 3.4 swap pages {OHV} {DOHC}

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2020 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyd:

I've been carrying the dohcfiero.com domain for about 15 years now and I have no idea why, but I am not renewing it this year. Contact me if you're interested in taking it over. Make it quick as it expires 10/1.

Sorry to hear this.
I love the DOHC swap but have never done one. I have seen and heard the amazing sounds and performance of those engines.
Such a great swap, a TOTAL loss for the Fiero world.
crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2020 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been maintaining it as a repository of all the info to build a 3.4 DOHC in a Fiero. I never built one and I'm not maintaining it anymore, so if someone else wants to take it I am giving it all away for free.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you even find a 3.4 DOHC anymore?

You could take your repository of 3.4 and host it in a group on Facebook for free.

Just a thought.

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 10-01-2020).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The DOHC Fiero was one of my most favorite conversions. I regretted selling that car the day after I sold it.

Would like to have another, I'm thinking the newer 3.6 GM DOHC engine would be fun. Specifically, the LGX version. My problem is, I hate automatics. I enjoy manuals.
I don't know that the Getrag five speed would handle the torque over the long haul.

Reference the web site, I'm the last person on this rock to handle that. I'm barely able to fire up this lap top. Still trying to figure out how it starts up without a pull cord.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-01-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I assume you are going to have a backup of the site and are just letting the domain name expire.
I am very far removed from any engine upgrade if I ever get another Fiero.

Perhaps one day someone can host the site.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2020 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

So I assume you are going to have a backup of the site and are just letting the domain name expire.
I am very far removed from any engine upgrade if I ever get another Fiero.

Boy, do I have a deal for you and I can even deliver. Which, would you prefer,
88 Formula, 5 speed manual, completely stock 2.8L V 6 CJB (T Top) white with leather interior or
88 Formula, 5 Speed manual, 3800 SC with a moon roof. Red with leather interior?

Rams
ps, delivery ain't free.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock