Started on: 09-26-2020 08:29 PM
Replies: 4 (151 views)
Last post by: Jonesy on 09-26-2020 10:43 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2020 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heads up guys. New scam making the rounds.

I answer the phone and its some girl going on how contact tracing shown I may have been exposed to covid and need to isolate for 14 days (which is BS since I don't have the tracing app installed, and the phone is never in my pocket, always on my desk or left in the truck)..THEN she starts going on about mailing me a test kit (home testing kits don't exist) and needing the full mailing address. THEN starts asking for a credit card number to pay for the kit (HUH ?)

And since when do government offices work on a Saturday night ?

I can see the elderly or gullible easily falling for this one.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 09-26-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe Biden called me today.......I hung up.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Joe Biden called me today.......I hung up.

No worries. He wouldn't have remembered why he called anyway.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Heads up guys. New scam making the rounds.

I answer the phone and its some girl going on how contact tracing shown I may have been exposed to covid and need to isolate for 14 days (which is BS since I don't have the tracing app installed, and the phone is never in my pocket, always on my desk or left in the truck)..THEN she starts going on about mailing me a test kit (home testing kits don't exist) and needing the full mailing address. THEN starts asking for a credit card number to pay for the kit (HUH ?)

And since when do government offices work on a Saturday night ?

I can see the elderly or gullible easily falling for this one.

Lots of scams going on now. I recently got a call from a person (on my wife's phone) about a supposedly unpaid bill from two years ago. Associated with my motorcycle crash. He said I still owed several thousand dollars from treatments and surgeries I received. He made a point that I should call him directly so that he could "handle" my case.

I didn't know if it was real or not but decided to call my insurance company. They had not been contacted. Yesterday, I got a letter from the hospital I was in. They now say that their system has been hacked and a lot of personal information was retrieved by an unknown source. The guy on the other end of the line requested immediate payment before he turned it over to a collection agency. I haven't paid what he asked and he's never called back. But, he knew one hell of a lot about me and my stay at that hospital.

They gave me a year's worth of "fraud protection" due to their error.

BTW, Uncle Joe has called and Malania keeps sending me love letters. I ignore both of them.

Rams

Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2020 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

No worries. He wouldn't have remembered why he called anyway.

lmao..

Yeah and Trump called my house today, but i couldn't understand what he was saying under all the slurring. And anytime i asked him a question, he just told me no, and to shut up, lol.

But seriously lol..

Yeah gotta watch out for the scammers, they are out in force this year. I've been getting those scam emails pretty much every single day. Felt bad for a friend of mine, she got a scam email claiming to be from Apple about her account, and she fell for it and clicked the link in the email to login to her Apple account.. She lost $2000..

Not that i need to say this to you guys, but ill say it anyway. No company, bank, government office, ect, will ever ask for your personal or financial information over the phone.. So if someone claiming to be one of those, and does, just hang up.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock