First AR Pistol Build by rbell2915
Started on: 09-21-2020 07:07 PM
Replies: 63 (953 views)
Last post by: Monkeyman on 11-11-2020 07:27 PM
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

I would argue that the whole SBR concept is a crock. It’s a gun. Now go away ATF with your stupid NFA.

I would not argue against you on that . The fact they "okayed" them and I believe even "okayed" them to be shouldered, shows how arbitrary the matter is. They "allow" one because the think it might fit the definition of a hand gun, but still restrict the exact same thing.

Kind of like giving prostitutes the go-ahead, while banning hookers.

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 10-08-2020).]

IP: Logged
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2020 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear you guys. I'm spending a few days printing a bunch of accessories for an small game gun, and am having one hell of a time finding what is and isn't allowed without dropping it into the "restricted" catagory (which makes it a lot harder to sell). Piss Off Trudeau, foregrips, optics and accessory rails do NOT change what it is on the inside. Bet they frackin sheet themselves once I get the one stock finished and start printing up General Lee Orange 10/22's
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2020 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I have heard the term, "AR pistol" before but never really looked into it. Looking into this thread does not put an accurate picture to what I had in mind for a "pistol". It appears to be, just a short rifle?
Am I wrong?
Even a sawed off shot gun, no matter how shot is still a shotgun.
What is the difference between the AR pistol and a rifle?

It all falls in what is the difference between a Rifle and Pistol.
There are pistols that shoot shotgun rounds, they are better made and hold more than 1 or 2 shots.
The only reason they outlawed modifying a shotgun into a hand held pistol is it can't be tracked.

IMHO its stupid to cut up a perfectly good shotgun but if you want a single shot pistol then what do I care?
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2020 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just bought a Modlite Modbutton for it. They are very hot right now and pretty hard to find. Goes out of stock very quickly. It's nice because it's small, has an integral mount for the light, and allows for maximum light output.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Modbutton just came in the mail so my lighting set up is complete. Still just waiting on a buffer retainer and spring. My first order got lost in the mail so hopefully the replacement arrives soon.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2020 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rbell2915

1437 posts
Member since Mar 2013

Still waiting on that $2 part but I couldn't wait any longer to take a photo.

After this, I am done spending money on gun stuff.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

After this, I am done spending money on gun stuff.

thats what they all say
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks really good.

For those of us watching from our couch, what makes this a pistol? Barrel length?
Just wondering. For the record I have no problem at all I was just wondering as I am uninformed.

Thanks for sharing.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2020 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Looks really good.

For those of us watching from our couch, what makes this a pistol? Barrel length?
Just wondering. For the record I have no problem at all I was just wondering as I am uninformed.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. And pistols have an overall length below 26". Most pistols have barrel lengths of ~11.5" but this one is 10.3". It also has a folding stock which decreases the OAL even further. It also has a pistol brace instead of a stock. No vertical foregrip. Only angled grips or handstops.

If you have a gun with an OAL of more than 26" and a pistol brace, that turns it into a firearm (or is it an AOW? I cannot recall specifically. Thank you for the confusion, ATF) and you can have a vertical grip.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2020 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got my buffer retainer and spring in the mail today. Got it installed, tested for function. Staked the castle nut. Filled the last hole on the buffer tube with JB Weld in order to maintain a LOP of less than 13.5". Should be finally done. Hoping to take it to the range tomorrow afternoon.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2020 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Went to the range today. Got it zeroed and works great. Very happy with it.
PFF
System Bot
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2020 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Traded the refurbished EXPS3-0 and Vortex Micro 3x for a Trijicon TA31F RCO. I feel like I got a smoking deal.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice find!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ready to rock
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rbell2915:

Went to the range today. Got it zeroed and works great. Very happy with it.

What's that? 20 yards? I can throw a can that far and hit the target every time. Zero it at 100 yards, maybe even 250 depending on the caliber. (I can't remember what you're throwing down range. .300 Blackout? .223? 5.56?)

Very nice looking stick. Feel free to submit your application to ZORT.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

What's that? 20 yards? I can throw a can that far and hit the target every time. Zero it at 100 yards, maybe even 250 depending on the caliber. (I can't remember what you're throwing down range. .300 Blackout? .223? 5.56?)

Very nice looking stick. Feel free to submit your application to ZORT.

I zeroed the Eotech at 36 yards. And it's a tactical bay so it's not going to be at long ranges. You can move and shoot with a friend.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman: What's that? 20 yards? I can throw a can that far and hit the target every time. Zero it at 100 yards, maybe even 250 depending on the caliber.

In the military, we were taught to zero our M16s at 25 meters. The ballistics of the 5.56 NATO ammo would bring the bullet back to zero at about 300 meters. As a civilian, I zero my AR-15s at 50 yards. The ballistics of .223 Rem ammo will bring the bullet back to zero at about 200-250 yards (depending on the ammo). The 36 meter zero is also popular.
rbell2915

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The RCO is designed to be zeroed at 100m though in order to utilize the BDC. With red dot sights, the 25y, 36y, and 50y zeros are fine.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of zeroing in and military targets...

https://www.marinecorpstime...at-you-need-to-know/
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2020 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just giving you crap, bro. Like I said, nice stick. You should still join ZORT.
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2020 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

. You should still join ZORT.

Yeh, about that....

SOMBODY want to explain to me exactly why when I told them I have bad knees and hips and cant run very fast or far, they offered me a Platinum membership ??????

PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Yeh, about that....

SOMBODY want to explain to me exactly why when I told them I have bad knees and hips and cant run very fast or far, they offered me a Platinum membership ??????

You don't have to run fast. You just have to be able to outgun them. There are a few of us here that can DEFINITELY outgun them. Just like they told me in the Army, one shot-one kill. I can kill a LOT of zombies.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You only have to outrun the slowest person in your group...or be able to trip the person in front of you.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2020 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

You only have to outrun the slowest person in your group...or be able to trip the person in front of you.

LOL
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock