Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Died at 87 (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Died at 87 by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 09-18-2020 07:39 PM
Replies: 101 (1683 views)
Last post by: blackrams on 09-26-2020 07:59 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2020 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2020 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

That is just funny
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you think the left has been unhinged for the last few years, just wait till you see what they do over the next 45 days.

They are threatening to bring the government to a grinding halt. They are threatening to riot and burn the place to the ground.

Wow, that would be.....so last week.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

If you think the left has been unhinged for the last few years, just wait till you see what they do over the next 45 days.

They are threatening to bring the government to a grinding halt. They are threatening to riot and burn the place to the ground.

Wow, that would be.....so last week.

What they don't seem to understand is that every time they push further and further left... people drop off their bandwagon. There IS a point to which people can no longer stand to follow.

When rioters destroy those small businesses up and down main street in these Democrat cities - The owners immediately become Republicans.
When rioters blockade a highway and people become late to work - The drivers are very likely to either not vote, or become Republican.
When rioters destroy and vandalize property / cars / assault people - The assaulted immediately become Republican.
When rioters harass people in stores and throw slurs at them - The harassed immediately become Republican.
When liberal Governors and Mayors shut down their cities well after it makes any sense to do so, and people lose their jobs - Those people immediately become Republican.

Every time Democrats / liberals push further and further, and start to go in the direction of unrest... they produce more Republicans as a result. They LOSE support... they don't gain it. I don't know how Democrats do not understand this, but they simply just don't get it...
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Every time Democrats / liberals push further and further, and start to go in the direction of unrest... they produce more Republicans as a result. They LOSE support... they don't gain it. I don't know how Democrats do not understand this, but they simply just don't get it...

This has been happening for a long time now, but something that I have begun to notice happening with increasing frequency is Leftists "overplaying their hand".

They somehow believe that their numbers are stronger than they really are, (all "liberals, including "very liberal" are 24% of the U.S. population while conservatives are nearly double that %).

https://www.cnsnews.com/new...r-liberals-11-points

They somehow believe that their ideology and positions are more popular than they actually are.....

....and they just don't seem to know when to fold a losing hand. (i.e. riots and "protests" that have gone on and on and eroded any modicum of support they might have had originally.)

On the "up side" the astonishing surge in guns sales as a direct result of all the rioting and insurrection attempts has effectively killed, (pun intended), the gun control / "gun grabber" movement for now and likely well into the foreseeable future..

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-20-2020).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Ginsburg was confirmed 96-3 by a Democratic-majority Senate on August 3, 1993 -- 42 days after President Clinton nominated her to the seat previously held by Justice Byron White, a Kennedy appointee."

Turns out RBG was nominated right before a Presidential election.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

"Ginsburg was confirmed 96-3 by a Democratic-majority Senate on August 3, 1993 -- 42 days after President Clinton nominated her to the seat previously held by Justice Byron White, a Kennedy appointee."

Turns out RBG was nominated right before a Presidential election.

Chief Justice John Roberts was nominated and confirmed in 31 DAYS

Justice Sandra Day O'Connor was nominated and confirmed in 34 DAYS

Justice John Paul Stevens was nominated and confirmed in 19 DAYS

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-20-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The news keeps talking about how long the "average" confirmation takes. I don't expect this to be average in any respect.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The news keeps talking about how long the "average" confirmation takes. I don't expect this to be average in any respect.

I'm (morbidly) interested in how the Demorats are going to try to "Kavanaugh" the President's nominee.

("Kavanaugh" being the verb that has replaced "Bork" or being "Borked").

Let's see how fast Senator McConnell clotures any debate and calls a vote.

There won't be any long, drawn out, "investigations" done at the demand of the Left.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't believe they have any legal recourse. That is why there are rumblings of everything from more civil unrest to just flat refusing to cooperate, a "strike", if you will.

What concerns me most is the few Republicans who could throw the vote. That is the fly in the ointment. They might very well just lose their seats, no matter what they do; and that would not be a good thing.

I cannot see the party standing strongly behind the likes of Romney, Collins and Murkowski; but that is the only way this is going to get done. They have to be made to believe that confirming is the only way they will survive.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-20-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2020 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't believe they have any legal recourse. That is why there are rumblings of everything from more civil unrest to just flat refusing to cooperate, a "strike", if you will.

What concerns me most is the few Republicans who could throw the vote. That is the fly in the ointment. They might very well just lose their seats, no matter what they do; and that would not be a good thing.

I cannot see the party standing strongly behind the likes of Romney, Collins and Murkowski; but that is the only way this is going to get done. They have to be made to believe that confirming is the only way they will survive.

They truly do have a lot to think about, in the end I only see it working out in favor of the dems. That is the dilemma. It needs to be done, especially when you consider joe winning the election. The Republicans do not have a choice in the matter other than how to do it with the least damage.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2020 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like a handful of Republican senators might throw a monkey wrench in the works, refusing to confirm until after the new year. This tactic is driven by their misguided, self absorbed desire to pander to a left leaning demographic that holds sway in their state.

This presents Republican voters in certain states with the odious prospect of re-electing a rogue RINO with the fading hope of maintaining a Republican majority in the senate and preserving a conservative court.

The devious, short sighted plot may very well backfire and I expect we might lose the senate as a result.

In the first sentence of Hamlet’s most famous soliloquy, he pondered two choices. The latter is the wiser. We need to get this thing done without delay!

Even if Trump gets re-elected, if we lose the senate, absolutely NOTHING will get done over the next four years.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-21-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2020 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Even if Trump gets re-elected, if we lose the senate, absolutely NOTHING will get done over the next four years.

Do you think they scare Trump with threats of another bogus impeachment? If you answered "no", then think again. Trump is going to win the election, but Congress is VERY MUCH in the air. They ABSOLUTELY WILL impeach Trump again, but if the Republicans loose the Senate, the impeachment will effectively null and void the election.
The Republicans need to focus on Congressional seats, even more than a Trump reelection. All the Republicans need to do for Trump is close or monitor his social media accounts and he is automatically the next President. Trump is without a doubt his own worst enemy.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 09-21-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2020 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Do you think they scare Trump with threats of another bogus impeachment?

Do you honestly believe he was "scared" of the first one?

....but Congress is VERY MUCH in the air. .

You should know by now not to believe what the Leftist media tells you.

Moreover, you also shouldn't take campaign donation pleas of "Holding the Senate is in Danger!!" so seriously.

All the Republicans need to do for Trump is close or monitor his social media accounts and he is automatically the next President. Trump is without a doubt his own worst enemy.

NOPE.

The President has effectively used social media to bypass a hostile and dishonest media for 4 years to get HIS message out.

He has also used social media to troll the media and make them knee-jerk react like they always do, (they can't help themselves), and then later look like the fools they are and he's done it like a "Jedi Master" in my opinion.

What makes all of it even better is that the moronic media never learns and like the Wiley Coyote cartoon character they keep getting hit with the anvil over and over again.

Does President Trump sound "presidential" with many of his "tweets"?

No he doesn't, but he wasn't elected to be "presidential".

He was elected largely because he isn't a career politician and he isn't another Washington swamp creature.

Between words vs deeds I'll judge him on what he gets done.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2020 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll just leave this right here...

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2020 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Moreover, you also shouldn't take campaign donation pleas of "Holding the Senate is in Danger!!" so seriously.

I believe we could lose the senate. In part, because of the reasons I posted above. If I lived in Alaska or Maine, I would have a real hard time marking that ballot. I would be wearing a mask, just from the stench. I would have to go home, take a long shower, then even though I am not Catholic, I would find a priest, maybe an exorcist.

McSally's prospects do not look good. I have donated several times already and will most likely do so again in the next day or two.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-21-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2020 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Harry Reid, , for showing us power grab is ok.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2020 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I believe we could lose the senate. In part, because of the reasons I posted above. If I lived in Alaska or Maine, I would have a real hard time marking that ballot. I would be wearing a mask, just from the stench. I would have to go home, take a long shower, then even though I am not Catholic, I would find a priest, maybe an exorcist.

THAT is the difference between conservatives and Leftists.

They don't hold their noses, they smell no stench and they seek no absolution.

There is ONLY and ALWAYS THE REVOLUTION.

They will do and say whatever they believe will further that revolution.

When they say "By any means necessary" believe them.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2020 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Mao inspired Leftist agitators gathered for a little party outside Lindsey Graham's house last night. All tea and crumpets (and an incessant cacophony), so far. I sincerely hope they do not let this continue tonight. We shall see.
I will reserve further comment on this little uprising/tantrum until after I see what happens over the next day or two.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Mao inspired Leftist agitators gathered for a little party outside Lindsey Graham's house last night. All tea and crumpets (and an incessant cacophony), so far. I sincerely hope they do not let this continue tonight. We shall see.
I will reserve further comment on this little uprising/tantrum until after I see what happens over the next day or two.

Senator McConnell received the same "treatment" at his residence in Kentucky.

I don't know what they think they are accomplishing with this crap but it is not going to end well.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see a lot of "posturing" from both sides of the aisle. The fact is, if the roles were reversed, the Dems would be demanding a nomination and confirmation if they thought it would tilt the court toward their ideology just as the Republicans are doing. Both sides want a SCOTUS that has views similar to their own.

I am personally happy to see a replacement to Justice Ginsburg. I am sympathetic to her family's loss. But, I believe she should have resigned two years ago when it was obvious she wasn't able to pull her own weight on the court. Some will not agree and that's OK.

What I am sure of is President Trump's base wants the position filled and his "haters" don't, they are fully aware he won't nominate a "Liberal". I can't predict how the electorate will go as it applies to voting. Both sides want to control the Senate and such a nomination might taint the voters views in other elections. I personally don't care if the new Justice is a woman, a minority or anything else, What I do care about is the integrity of the court and would hope for a "Constitutionalist". I also believe that if President Trump nominated someone who truly represented precisely what the Dems want, they would still ***** about it because President Trump did it.

The Founding Fathers wrote one of the most perfect documents in human history but, they did include the ability to change it. Changing it takes a 2/3rds majority and that is a good thing. But, if the populace desires something to be changed it can be done. No single component of the three should have the power to drive the bus.

The division in the country is wide and increasing, this may not end well.

Rams
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is starting to look like we have the votes in the senate. Let's get this thing done.

Thirteen days until the court convenes and six weeks until We the People convene.

MAGA

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully you are correct.
Romney appears to be on board for a confirmation vote but he has been known to switch hit in the past......
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I see a lot of "posturing" from both sides of the aisle. The fact is, if the roles were reversed, the Dems would be demanding a nomination and confirmation if they thought it would tilt the court toward their ideology just as the Republicans are doing. Both sides want a SCOTUS that has views similar to their own.

I am personally happy to see a replacement to Justice Ginsburg. I am sympathetic to her family's loss. But, I believe she should have resigned two years ago when it was obvious she wasn't able to pull her own weight on the court. Some will not agree and that's OK.

What I am sure of is President Trump's base wants the position filled and his "haters" don't, they are fully aware he won't nominate a "Liberal". I can't predict how the electorate will go as it applies to voting. Both sides want to control the Senate and such a nomination might taint the voters views in other elections. I personally don't care if the new Justice is a woman, a minority or anything else, What I do care about is the integrity of the court and would hope for a "Constitutionalist". I also believe that if President Trump nominated someone who truly represented precisely what the Dems want, they would still ***** about it because President Trump did it.

The Founding Fathers wrote one of the most perfect documents in human history but, they did include the ability to change it. Changing it takes a 2/3rds majority and that is a good thing. But, if the populace desires something to be changed it can be done. No single component of the three should have the power to drive the bus.

The division in the country is wide and increasing, this may not end well.

Rams

If the Dems controlled the White House and the Senate they would have already replaced Ginsburg before the seat got cold.

But they don't and they can't.

In the past the Dems have always tried to appeal to Republican's sense of "fairness" or "decency" or "equity" when they don't hold the power to do as they please, and far too many times in the past Republicans fell for it.

Justice Kavanaugh's confirmation changed all of that. Hopefully forever.

As for "politicizing" the Supreme Court, back in 1993 Slick Willy Clinton nominated Ginsburg specifically to politicize the court and Ginsburg did exactly that.

Clinton also appointed Justice Breyer who is still on the court and is only 5 years younger than Ginsburg, at 82 years old.

(He could also easily be gone during a Trump 2nd term.)

Obama went on to add Justices Kagan and Sotomayor for exactly the same reason to further politicize the court and they did precisely that as well.

Since Clinton's nomination of Ginsburg in 1993, EVERY TIME a Dem president has nominated a justice to the court the FIRST and FOREMOST consideration has been their politics and not their judicial acumen.

Conversely, conservatives just want justices that follow the Constitution and don't try to legislate from the bench.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If the Dems controlled the White House and the Senate they would have already replaced Ginsburg before the seat got cold.

But they don't and they can't.

In the past the Dems have always tried to appeal to Republican's sense of "fairness" or "decency" or "equity" when they don't hold the power to do as they please, and far too many times in the past Republicans fell for it.

Justice Kavanaugh's confirmation changed all of that. Hopefully forever.

As for "politicizing" the Supreme Court, back in 1993 Slick Willy Clinton nominated Ginsburg specifically to politicize the court and Ginsburg did exactly that.

Clinton also appointed Justice Breyer who is still on the court and is only 5 years younger than Ginsburg, at 82 years old.

(He could also easily be gone during a Trump 2nd term.)

Obama went on to add Justices Kagan and Sotomayor for exactly the same reason to further politicize the court and they did precisely that as well.

Since Clinton's nomination of Ginsburg in 1993, EVERY TIME a Dem president has nominated a justice to the court the FIRST and FOREMOST consideration has been their politics and not their judicial acumen.

Conversely, conservatives just want justices that follow the Constitution and don't try to legislate from the bench.

You won't get much argument from me.

Rams
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IT HAS BEGUN

https://www.yahoo.com/lifes...l-rbg-192532438.html

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-22-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IT HAS BEGUN

What?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What?

Pay attention Rick!

She hates YOUR uterus

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-22-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2020 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, now you've made Bruce Jenner sad.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post09-23-2020 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're either waiting for cloud-daddy to guarantee you some pain-free reward or you're just purposely fugging'-up your chances!
Look around you...what do you see?
Exactly.

Listen...i don't get no joy out'a knowing we aint sh!t ...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 09-23-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post09-23-2020 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 09-23-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I haven't read of any more shenanigans like this. That is good. Let's keep it that way.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According the the "news" this morning, most Democrats are finally starting to realize and admit there is nothing they can do to stop President Trump from nominating a successor nor can they stop the Senate from holding hearings.

This nomination may swing independent or undecided voters in the upcoming election but, there is nothing that can stop the process. The good thing for Conservatives and not so good for Liberals is, this will effect SCOTUS and all of us for several decades. This, is something I view as a good thing.

Rams
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

According the the "news" this morning, most Democrats are finally starting to realize and admit there is nothing they can do to stop President Trump from nominating a successor nor can they stop the Senate from holding hearings.

This nomination may swing independent or undecided voters in the upcoming election but, there is nothing that can stop the process. The good thing for Conservatives and not so good for Liberals is, this will effect SCOTUS and all of us for several decades. This, is something I view as a good thing.

Rams

Trump has not put a strong conservative on the Court yet. I see his picks as leaning more liberal than conservative. I see no reason at all for democrats to be upset.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rams

This nomination is potentially not a "one more and done" issue for the President.

As I mentioned before, Clinton nominee, Justice Steven Breyer is 82 years old. He's the oldest member of the court now and could easily retire or die during a 2nd Trump term.

The Leftist's heads will really explode if they face the prospect of just 2 leftist activist judges remaining on the bench.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 09-23-2020).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[/b]
This nomination is potentially [b]not
a "one more and done" issue for the President.

As I mentioned before, Clinton nominee, Justice Steven Breyer is 82 years old. He's the oldest member of the court now and could easily retire or die during a 2nd Trump term.

The Leftist's heads will really explode if they face the prospect of just 2 leftist activist judges remaining on the bench.

This assumes two things.

First that President Trump wins a second term and secondly, that the Dems don't take control of the Senate. I'll do alI can to make that happen.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-24-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This assumes two things.

First that President Trump wins a second term and secondly, that the Dems don't take control of the Senate. I'll do I can to make that happen.

Rams

AND it also assumes that Justice Breyer retires or dies. That's why I said "potentially".

There is also a midterm election in 2022 and 34 Senate seats will be contested, so will all 434 House seats.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing that seems to change things up is extremes. Big swings are inevitable. Is this election an extreme year?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2020 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One thing that seems to change things up is extremes. Big swings are inevitable. Is this election an extreme year?

Considering the extremist plans for this country already freely expressed by the Marxist Left, which appears to have taken effective control of the Dem party, I'd say the answer to your question is obvious.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2020 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi-ho, hi-ho, hi-ho! Ding-dong......

It just occurred to me that those are not only the words to a song from "The Wizard of Oz", but also names of Hostess snack cake products. Does that make Chuck Schumer a Twinkie?

After Kevin McCarthy threatened to call a vote to remove Pelosi as speaker, she decided that it would not be wise to pursue another impeachment. The flying monkeys are fed up with her crap.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock