Started on: 09-11-2020 03:17 AM
Replies: 13 (375 views)
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 09-14-2020 03:17 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Diana Rigg has passed away at age 82. Loved her as Emma Peel... all those years ago.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Avengers was one of my favorite tv shows when I was a kid!
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2020 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As an American kid, it was a little to British for my American taste.

I liked “Get Smart”.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I don't like you anymore.

I liked “Get Smart”.

That was also one of my favorite shows way back when. Canadians have well-rounded taste in culture and entertainment.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36251 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

The Avengers was one of my favorite tv shows when I was a kid!

Cliff, I don't know how this works in Europe. Would you have been watching this on a Dutch television network, or would it have been a feed from Britain? And if it was on a Dutch network, would you have been watching a dubbed language version, or the original in English?

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2020 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I don’t like you anymore.

Christmas is gonna be super easy this year!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 09-11-2020).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg: Christmas is gonna be super easy this year!

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I liked “Get Smart”.

Nothing is too British except for maybe Benny Hill lol
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2020 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Eh, my friend list was never that big to begin with.
That’s the curse of being right about everything.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I liked the show because of Emma Peel and because of the cars.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 09-11-2020).]

Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2020 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Queen of the Cat Suit.

We will remember you Diana.
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Cliff, I don't know how this works in Europe. Would you have been watching this on a Dutch television network, or would it have been a feed from Britain? And if it was on a Dutch network, would you have been watching a dubbed language version, or the original in English?

Back then, we only had two channels called "Nederland 1" and "Nederland 2". One of the nice things of Dutch television has always been that we never, ever dub foreign movies. Except (of course) if it's a children's movie. Even then, it's always offered in the original language as well. Movies are always subtitled and since most movies / TV shows are in English, our kids usually speak (almost fluent) English by the time they go to high school where they will get English lessons for the first time.

So to (finally) answer your question, it was broadcasted on Dutch TV in its original language. 😁
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2020 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

...our kids usually speak (almost fluent) English by the time they go to high school where they will get English lessons for the first time.

I'm very envious of people who are fluent in more than one language! I was required to take French for a couple of years in high school here in Canada, but by then (for me anyway), it was too little too late.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2020 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a case of use it or loose it. French was same as you, the mandatory couple of years. I actually spoke Slovak and Danish before English (due to home upbringing) but none of that lasted much beyond grade 3 or 4. Couldnt remember a word of them today to save my ass.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock