Started on: 08-01-2020 02:51 PM
Replies: 15 (232 views)
Last post by: The Art Doctor on 08-03-2020 10:29 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard a new Alanis Morissette song on CBC radio today, and I was really impressed.

Twenty-five years have passed since her album, Jagged Little Pill, was released in 1995.

For context, I've included one of her hits from that album, and then I've included the song I heard today.

She sounds better than ever.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-01-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah jagged little pill was a good album.. Pretty much every song was good.. If i remember right they made a music video for pretty much every song on the album lol..
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Although this is from 2015, what I appreciate about it is that this is an unplugged version so other than echo on the microphone, this is her real, unmodified voice and she is truly a great singer.

Also, the other impressive thing is that she can belt out this song while sitting down. That's hard for most singers since they use their diaphragm to get the volume.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

..the other impressive thing is that she can belt out this song while sitting down. That's hard for most singers since they use their diaphragm to get the volume.

Absolutely. So many of today's vocalists basically whisper into the mic and require major amplification in order to be heard. Alanis definitely has the raw power to project her voice.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah. She's very good. I pretty much wore out Jagged Little Pill. Tammy used to make comments to me about "your girlfriend".

I also like "Thank you".
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't she the one that sings.... "It's like rain on your wedding day, isn't it ironic... " etc?

I remember that song. Back when I was in high school, if I was driving around with some girls in the car and that song came on... OMG... they'd all sing it as loud as possible together... hahah...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Isn't she the one that sings.... "It's like rain on your wedding day, isn't it ironic... " etc?

Yes.

This may not be quite the version you remember, but...

The original...

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Yes.

The original...

Damn, I never saw the music video, but I remember the song well. Damn... that so totally brings me back to my high school years. I graduated in 1996, and damn if I don't miss high school. I had so much fun... I really liked the music growing up too.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2020 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You actually listen to CBC (commie broadcast corp) ???

My deepest condolences you poor suffering bastardy.

Now excuse me, I need to go vomit at just the mention of the crap.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 08-02-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Now excuse me, I need to go vomit at just the mention of the crap.

Suck it up buttercup.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, couldn't help it...

I do like some of her music, though.
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Sorry, couldn't help it...

I do like some of her music, though.

Hahah, I very much remember that being a topic on the radio all the time. They were saying, "It's not ironic, it's just a string of bad luck."
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2020 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Thank life, love pays no mind to our silliness!" ~ Me

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2020 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Patrick:

Suck it up buttercup.

"Misery Loves Company" would be a great band name...never!

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Alanis Morissette: Ablaze (TV Debut)

That was certainly cute... but man oh man, such focus!
The Art Doctor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Art DoctorClick Here to visit The Art Doctor's HomePageSend a Private Message to The Art DoctorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went to see her on tour for jagged little pill. Must have been 95 or 96 on summer break home from college at Darien Lake amusement park in Rochester, New York. Went with that summer's fling and didnt expect too much. I cant recall if she was top bill or who else was on the card. But I do remember being pleasantly surprised at how good a show it was.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock