Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Do you think there will be "unrest" after / during the election? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Do you think there will be "unrest" after / during the election? by 2.5
Started on: 07-31-2020 09:39 AM
Replies: 48 (825 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-14-2020 09:58 AM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A decent point about how each "side" might take it, and that there has been a precedent set...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course there will be unrest. Biden doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of winning the election. And when that fact finally manifests itself, the cranky children will have a collective temper tantrum.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not by this guy, I lived through Carter, Bush, Clinton, Obama..... Never burned or broke anything.
I do wish there more candidates to choose from..

Now if Trump does win.. Yes there will be fires, destruction.
He will be called the new Hitler and those that support him will be called everything else.

End of the day I just want to be left alone to work and enjoy life.
Can't we just do that...
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unrest? Probably not as much as has been hyped up.
If Trump wins, there will again be shock from some of the pundits and of course from 'the beautiful people' in entertainment I suppose, and if Biden wins, there will be disappointment, but it won't be 'physically' disruptive to any great extent.

Think about it.we've been doing this for about 245 years and no one has burned Washington to the ground yet.
(the raiding party from Canada being post hoc)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-31-2020).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Unrest? Probably not as much as has been hyped up.
If Trump wins, there will again be shock from some of the pundits and of course from 'the beautiful people' in entertainment I suppose, and if Biden wins, there will be disappointment, but it won't be 'physically' disruptive to any great extent.

Think about it.we've been doing this for about 245 years and no one has burned Washington to the ground yet.
(the raiding party from Canada being post hoc)

I didnt expect the the riots and destruction we saw, and law enforecement being told to let it happen, over the George Floyd incident either though.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it were feasible to add up the total number of people that gathered on the streets and other public venues across the entire country as protesters or demonstrators, in the first several weeks after George Floyd was killed, the overwhelming percentage were non-violent.

That was "then."

I think what we are seeing now is that the "street game" has diminished in numbers, and given way to a more radical or "far left" cohort that is more conspicuous than before, because so many of the reliably non-violent people from the previous weeks have withdrawn from the streets and returned to whatever they were doing and whatever they were being before George Floyd.

Reality check me? I did not and have not gone anywhere close to any of these protests. What have I seen myself? Not on TV or the Internet, but with my own eyes?

There is a busy roads intersection and railroad crossing just up the street, and for two or three consecutive days last week (or maybe a couple or three weeks ago) as I drove through that intersection, there were two young people by the crossing gate holding up crude cardboard signs "Black Lives Matter." No police. Not a hint of even the possibility of violence.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-31-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see the riots continuing after the election no matter who wins. I believe that the majority of rioters are sanders fans, and are rooting for the least of two evils. That being said, they need to get Trump out and coerce the new administration to do what they think or wanted sanders to do. Joe is seen as spineless and with enough pressure he will give in to them.
It goes without saying that riots will happen when Trump wins again, but how much will America take before they take on the rioters themselves?
If the Government will not stop the riots, what will stop the anti mob from stepping in? This will determine how long the "unrest" lasts.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2020 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you guys want a giggle, the leftie-loonies up here are threatening action if Trump wins. What they gonna do, stock up on kleenex for the tears ?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

...the leftie-loonies up here are threatening action if Trump wins.

Wait a minute... Up there?!

How is what happens here going to affect them?
They're just looking for an excuse to tear sh!t up. Morons. (Probably not unlike our own.)
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
I didnt expect the the riots and destruction we saw, and law enforecement being told to let it happen, over the George Floyd incident either though.

Many in the US did not either. I and many others did, and have been expecting it for a very long time, tho I was not sure exactly which incident would be the specific impetus for it or when it would happen, but I knew the time was close.
Denying and ignoring there is a problem simply allows the problem to fester and grow, until it reaches the point that it can no longer be denied nor ignored.
Now we know.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69576 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I see the riots continuing after the election no matter who wins. I believe that the majority of rioters are sanders fans, and are rooting for the least of two evils. That being said, they need to get Trump out and coerce the new administration to do what they think or wanted sanders to do. Joe is seen as spineless and with enough pressure he will give in to them.
It goes without saying that riots will happen when Trump wins again, but how much will America take before they take on the rioters themselves?
If the Government will not stop the riots, what will stop the anti mob from stepping in? This will determine how long the "unrest" lasts.

I honestly believe that the underlined part is more fear mongering than anything else. Some may even call it a form of wishful thinking that a certain demographic of the US will rise up and 'right the shi' back to what it was before.'
Since the largest part of the population is mostly unaffected by most of what caused the protests and subsequent riots, I very much suspect they will simply go about their daily business and do little more than say a few words from their phones and computer terminals.

Sanders people tend to be more than a bit too 'docile' to engage in much physical 'civil unrest'. He himself described his base demographic as "too white" and the polling results showed that. He lost badly in the deep south to Clinton in 2016 and again to Biden in the current election cycle. In both instances, the black vote went decisively to his opponents. 4 years ago, BLM protesters shut down at least 2 Sanders rallies. One in Seattle and another in Phoenix. Neither he nor his base align strongly with BLM, and it was not until AFTER BLM interrupted him a 2nd time, that Sanders even gave much time or energy to the issue. He truly thought young white progressives would carry the day for him and I believe to a great extent, he still believes that is his base.......which is why he lost to two terrible opponents.
Do these really look like anarchists? I don't think so.

He appeals to the issue of class inequality, not race. Black America really has no reason TO support him, much less get on his train after the fact and riot.
What we're seeing today and over the last few weeks goes far beyond any single political ideology or demographic and is simply a red herring to divert attention from the underlying problems that exist in much of America.

Having said that tho, the rioters are not all and maybe not even mostly..black.
They are however, for the most part, engaged and more or less attuned to, the problems that were evidenced in the Floyd protests.
The media (left and right leaning) is not to blame either...they are simply a vehicle and people tend to read into the news what they already believe, even if the facts of an issue negate what their beliefs are. The People, tend to look for 'someone, any, everyone to blame but themselves, and aren't often too particular who they pick out as a scapegoat.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-31-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I'm not mistaken, I think many states are allowing mail-in ballots... not absentee ballots, but mail in ballots. If that is allowed across the board, then I'm 100% convinced the Democrats win. The overwhelming vast majority of voter fraud comes from Democrats, it always has...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2020 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Many in the US did not either. I and many others did, and have been expecting it for a very long time, tho I was not sure exactly which incident would be the specific impetus for it or when it would happen, but I knew the time was close.
Denying and ignoring there is a problem simply allows the problem to fester and grow, until it reaches the point that it can no longer be denied nor ignored.
Now we know.

Yup.
Pretending the tire was "good-as-new" as we slapped yet another patch on it was not going to last forever.
And while we sit roadside pretending we don't see yet another flat, an altogether different means of transportation pulls-up, beguiles the easily fed-up, and heads-out for a whole different destination.

Personally, I'm going to Griswold-it all the way to "All Men Are Created Equal (Under God)" thang.
I gotta' be crazy, I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose.

WARNING! Adult Language!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-31-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll settle for seeing grandma on top of a car or a cow on top of a floating cotton house.....
(already seen a real cow on top a regular house)
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69576 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

If I'm not mistaken, I think many states are allowing mail-in ballots... not absentee ballots, but mail in ballots. If that is allowed across the board, then I'm 100% convinced the Democrats win. The overwhelming vast majority of voter fraud comes from Democrats, it always has...

I'm leaning 75% Biden will win no matter how the ballots are done.
I hope I am proven wrong.
If election were held today, Trump will carry the day in my county and probably in the state, tho it's going to be a squeaker statewide..
A lot can happen in 90 days tho.

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

If it were feasible to add up the total number of people that gathered on the streets and other public venues across the entire country as protesters or demonstrators, in the first several weeks after George Floyd was killed, the overwhelming percentage were non-violent.

And the overwhelming percentage of officers out there have not killed a black person. But we paint that group as all bad bad because of the actions of a few so I think all protesters deserve the same since they set the precedent.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I honestly believe that the underlined part is more fear mongering than anything else. Some may even call it a form of wishful thinking that a certain demographic of the US will rise up and 'right the shi' back to what it was before.'
Since the largest part of the population is mostly unaffected by most of what caused the protests and subsequent riots, I very much suspect they will simply go about their daily business and do little more than say a few words from their phones and computer terminals.

Sanders people tend to be more than a bit too 'docile' to engage in much physical 'civil unrest'. He himself described his base demographic as "too white" and the polling results showed that. He lost badly in the deep south to Clinton in 2016 and again to Biden in the current election cycle. In both instances, the black vote went decisively to his opponents. 4 years ago, BLM protesters shut down at least 2 Sanders rallies. One in Seattle and another in Phoenix. Neither he nor his base align strongly with BLM, and it was not until AFTER BLM interrupted him a 2nd time, that Sanders even gave much time or energy to the issue. He truly thought young white progressives would carry the day for him and I believe to a great extent, he still believes that is his base.......which is why he lost to two terrible opponents.
Do these really look like anarchists? I don't think so.

He appeals to the issue of class inequality, not race. Black America really has no reason TO support him, much less get on his train after the fact and riot.
What we're seeing today and over the last few weeks goes far beyond any single political ideology or demographic and is simply a red herring to divert attention from the underlying problems that exist in much of America.

Having said that tho, the rioters are not all and maybe not even mostly..black.
They are however, for the most part, engaged and more or less attuned to, the problems that were evidenced in the Floyd protests.
The media (left and right leaning) is not to blame either...they are simply a vehicle and people tend to read into the news what they already believe, even if the facts of an issue negate what their beliefs are. The People, tend to look for 'someone, any, everyone to blame but themselves, and aren't often too particular who they pick out as a scapegoat.

So often the voice of reason, but as much as I respect you, I disagree with some of this. It is pointless to drag it out tho. I guess we will just see what happens,
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Our state is all mail in, though it has been the last few election cycles (including the last Presidential election). That said, they can "lose" thousands of ballot's in transit for counting even when they aren't mail in. What I do think a largely mail in vote would result in is more legal challenges to voting tallies if they are close. I believe some states have a threshold of closeness to call for a recount, but I would imagine that threshold being challenged based on one parties views of "easier" fraudulent voting.

I think all this "Trump is going to win, Biden doesn't have a ghost of a chance" type talk is detrimental. If you truly want Trump to win then don't be so dismissive of his challenger. Treat him as a threat and encourage people to vote because their vote is NEEDED. If they think Trump is going to win because everybody says he will they may sit out the vote because they don't think their vote will keep him from wining. I mean he's going to beat Biden anyways right? Yes Trump pulled off one heck of a win last time but that was electoral. Don't forget he didn't win the popular vote and that was the corrupt to the core Clinton he ran against. You think those voters are going to care about Biden's feeble mindedness? Overconfidence can still fail.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 07-31-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2020 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(already seen a real cow on top a regular house)

That, I'm quite sure of!
"Seen some stuff" is my "bit coin".

Unfortunately, my reward is intangible to anyone but me!
Incidentally, all that coinage ain't me bought a Coke, yet!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-31-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2020 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Khw:
I think all this "Trump is going to win, Biden doesn't have a ghost of a chance" type talk is detrimental. If you truly want Trump to win then don't be so dismissive of his challenger. Treat him as a threat and encourage people to vote because their vote is NEEDED. If they think Trump is going to win because everybody says he will they may sit out the vote because they don't think their vote will keep him from wining. I mean he's going to beat Biden anyways right? Yes Trump pulled off one heck of a win last time but that was electoral. Don't forget he didn't win the popular vote and that was the corrupt to the core Clinton he ran against. You think those voters are going to care about Biden's feeble mindedness? Overconfidence can still fail.

You know, I had a whole big thing I was going to go into, but you know what...a large part of what you propose is true.

I just disagree with who (not what) you believe will solve it.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "unrest" will end because Biden will win.

It'll be by blatant cheating, but the Right will once again sit back and do nothing like we always do. There will be some harsh talk online, perhaps one "nutcase" takes matters into his own hands, but nothing more than that.

We're the sheep. It doesn't matter how many III stickers you have on your truck. We are the simps the left says we are because we consistently sit back and whine about losing _______ or them doing _________ but don't do anything about it.

I'm sick of it all quite frankly. It doesn't matter what we say, we do absolutely nothing while cities burn around us. The Left? The liars, cheaters, baby killer, and now pro-pedophilia group? They are doing things. Of course, we don't agree with the things they are doing, but they aren't just sitting in their chairs writing strongly worded letters like we are.

Me? I'm not going to do anything. The time to act was years ago. Whoever does anything now is suicidal. Now we are sheep in line for slaughter, just stand and wait, and hope they get tired before they get to us.

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2020 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

You know, I had a whole big thing I was going to go into, but you know what...a large part of what you propose is true.

I just disagree with who (not what) you believe will solve it.

Nothing is going to solve it boonie.

A long time ago men were men. They stood up and fought to be free. They signed the line, grabbed a rifle and said screw yourself to anybody that got in their way.

Those kind of men got old, tired or dead. Now they put on makeup and hand cream and walk around talking about how in touch with their feminazi side they are.

The world is lost.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 08-02-2020).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump is going to win. Of course the same liberal demos will go after him...its not going to let up even leading to the election. The only way to stop all the nonsense is getting the House out of Demos hands. With Republicans in the White House, controlling the Senate and House, and Justice Departments it will be very hard for them to do anything except make accusations. They will have NO POWER to do anything. Hopefully to me, the
AOC brat pack, Pelosi, Schumer, Shitz, all will die of Covid before that. Biden winning is not even crossing my mind. He cant even remember his family members, where hes at, or what day it is. Even in his speeches, by the end of a sentence hes forgot the beginning of what he was saying. The libs want him because they know hes so stupid, he will be easy to control...like a puppet.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Only time and the shifting "cultural" winds will tell that story. My crystal ball isn't that clear but, I don't believe our children and future generations will really understand or experience what our forefathers fought for. I will not be surprised when that spark ignites an explosive reaction in this nation.

Rams

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:
Covid

At least 14 members of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate - seven Republicans and seven Democrats - have tested positive or are presumed to have had COVID-19 since the novel coronavirus pandemic began earlier this year, with Representative Raul Grijalva becoming the latest on Saturday.

So far, the virus is looking very non-partisan, in terms of its impact on Congress.

Reuters; August 1, 2020.
https://www.reuters.com/art...sitive-idUSKBN24X412

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 08-02-2020).]

Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Trump is going to win. Of course the same liberal demos will go after him...its not going to let up even leading to the election. The only way to stop all the nonsense is getting the House out of Demos hands. With Republicans in the White House, controlling the Senate and House, and Justice Departments it will be very hard for them to do anything except make accusations. They will have NO POWER to do anything. Hopefully to me, the
AOC brat pack, Pelosi, Schumer, Shitz, all will die of Covid before that. Biden winning is not even crossing my mind. He cant even remember his family members, where hes at, or what day it is. Even in his speeches, by the end of a sentence hes forgot the beginning of what he was saying. The libs want him because they know hes so stupid, he will be easy to control...like a puppet.

I really don't think it even matters if he's alive at this point. The Democrat machine is going to cheat. This means it doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do, they already have Biden winning.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Trump wins, I expect chaos given the left's reaction in 2016. Of all people I know on the right in my fairly large political circle, none of them are prone to or even speak of taking any violent action other than protecting family and property.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Of all people I know on the right in my fairly large political circle, none of them are prone to or even speak of taking any violent action other than protecting family and property.

Agreed but, when police are "defunded" and there is no one to answer that 911 call, folks will start preparing self-defense measures that will include community protection groups. If or when such actions are needed, I have no doubt groups will form and we'll just have to see how that goes. Just my opinion but, that's what I think.

Who of you is prepared to defend your family, your neighbors, your communities? One never knows when Zombies will attack ya know...……

Rams
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Agreed but, when police are "defunded" and there is no one to answer that 911 call, folks will start preparing self-defense measures that will include community protection groups. If or when such actions are needed, I have no doubt groups will form and we'll just have to see how that goes. Just my opinion but, that's what I think.

Who of you is prepared to defend your family, your neighbors, your communities? One never knows when Zombies will attack ya know...……

Rams

Ask George Zimmerman how that went.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rams

I am will to say the vast majority of Americans can't do what the Police do. They do not have the training or experience to protect their families. So do, that goes without saying, but most do not even know the laws that govern lethal force. This is a recipe for disaster.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2020 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am will to say the vast majority of Americans can't do what the Police do. They do not have the training or experience to protect their families. So do, that goes without saying, but most do not even know the laws that govern lethal force. This is a recipe for disaster.

By the time it gets to the point Ron is alluding to, the laws governing lethal force will be decided by the participants, as the disaster has already struck.
If one doesn't have the training to protect their loved ones, shame on them.
Saying "It can't happen here" is nonsensical and foolish.
It can happen anywhere.
Be prepared.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 08-02-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2020 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

The Democrat machine is going to cheat.

Intellectually, that is the "absolute" weakest of all arguments.
Nothing personal.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-02-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Intellectually, that is the "absolute" weakest of all arguments.

Said the "absolute" weakest of all alleged thinkers.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On this planet, there are predators and prey, victims and victors. If or when the "system" breaks down, the police will not be much of a factor, if they even exist. Laws not enforced have no effect. A recipe for disaster, possibly. Was the Civil War a disaster? Most would say yes but only history (or one's perspective of that history) can decide.

There will be those that accept change and those that resist. The changing of values, power and money in cultures/countries prior to the last two world wars provide evidence of the result of certain societal changes. How much of this nation's "Unrest" is due to outside influence? What part of this "Unrest" are the different internal political parties playing? I'm not qualified or informed enough to say. Is this an extreme scenario? Yep, but possible...…………..

If you're not prepared to defend what's your's, complaining to a castrated police department will do little if any good.

It appears the patients are running the insane asylum...…… This is not a prediction but, it is a possibility.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-03-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Define "unrest".
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

By the time it gets to the point Ron is alluding to, the laws governing lethal force will be decided by the participants, as the disaster has already struck.
If one doesn't have the training to protect their loved ones, shame on them.
Saying "It can't happen here" is nonsensical and foolish.
It can happen anywhere.
Be prepared.

I do not disagree, I just did not have such an extreme scenario in mind when I wrote my response.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rickady88GT

10648 posts
Member since Dec 2002

On this planet, there are predators and prey, victims and victors. If or when the "system" breaks down, the police will not be much of a factor, if they even exist. Laws not enforced have no effect. A recipe for disaster, possibly. Was the Civil War a disaster? Most would say yes but only history (or one's perspective of that history) can decide.

There will be those that accept change and those that resist. The changing of values, power and money in cultures/countries prior to the last two world wars provide evidence of the result of certain societal changes. How much of this nation's "Unrest" is due to outside influence? What part of this "Unrest" are the different internal political parties playing? I'm not qualified or informed enough to say. Is this an extreme scenario? Yep, but possible...…………..

If you're not prepared to defend what's your's, complaining to a castrated police department will do little if any good.

It appears the patients are running the insane asylum...…… This is not a prediction but, it is a possibility.

Rams

Ok, but like I said earlier, my answer was based on the current day systems. Not a total brake down. That being said, the liberal gun grabbers will not allow families to protect them selfs with violent means. Guns in their mind are evil and the cause, the escalating mechanism and so the wielder must be punished. This is current thought and law, my point is people may not know the laws regarding home defense and gun laws. People can go from "protectors" to prosecution through prejudice prosecutors.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2020 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, but like I said earlier, my answer was based on the current day systems. Not a total brake down. That being said, the liberal gun grabbers will not allow families to protect them selfs with violent means. Guns in their mind are evil and the cause, the escalating mechanism and so the wielder must be punished. This is current thought and law, my point is people may not know the laws regarding home defense and gun laws. People can go from "protectors" to prosecution through prejudice prosecutors.

Most likely true in Liberal areas in the current state of affairs. My scenario takes place after the different sides finally understand that the "other" side won't compromise. Eventually, it will happen.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-03-2020).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2020 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most likely true in Liberal areas in the current state of affairs. My scenario takes place after the different sides finally understand that the "other" side won't compromise. Eventually, it will happen.

Rams

You are correct, just look at Congress. When was the last time they actually worked together?
The current sate of affairs will dictate another round of anti-gun legislation.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2020 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are correct, just look at Congress. When was the last time they actually worked together?
The current sate of affairs will dictate another round of anti-gun legislation.

The last time they voted to increase their pay.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock