Started on: 07-29-2020 12:23 PM
Replies: 29 (418 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 07-31-2020 11:59 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More than 100 police agencies back out of DNC security agreements

More than 100 police agencies are pulling out of security agreements to send personnel to next month's Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee over orders that would prevent officers from using certain crowd control measures during protests, Fox News has learned.

Who needs those jack booted thugs anyway?

‘Potential train wreck:’ Milwaukee leaders express security concerns as DNC draws near

Milwaukee Alderman Bob Bauman, worried about possible chaos, is urging the Democratic National Convention (DNC) not to come to Milwaukee in August.

“We have a potential train wreck coming down the track here,” Bauman said. “I think the sentiment at city hall is we’d rather just see this convention just cancelled, go entirely virtual, go entirely remote, have no physical activity in Milwaukee whatsoever, so there’d be no reason to come here and protest.”

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second the motion to disband the Democratic Party.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it would be hilarious if antifa, bernie bros and other assorted misfit mock militia were to raise a ruckus and no one was available to stop them. Maybe if CNN, Biden, et al were pinned down in the convention hall for a few weeks, they might begin to understand.

No, never mind. They would not understand, they would announce to the world that it was Trump's fault.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is totally irresponsible for Law Enforcement to advise the dnc of defunding the event. The correct thing to do is just not show up for the event. The dnc is very aware of the defending of Police and should live by their words and actions.
Hopefully Law Enforcement will learn from this colossal mistake.

This is setting up a no debate Presidential election cycle.
The debates should be in person at undisclosed locations NOT "virtual" or worse, skipped or canceled.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 07-29-2020).]

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Un-conventional, that's what you are ..."

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who didn't see this coming? I don't care how much money they pay, I wouldn't work it either. To be constantly vilified day after day? Sounds like what conservatives are subject to everyday. Progressives still don't understand how Trump got elected.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Who didn't see this coming? I don't care how much money they pay, I wouldn't work it either. To be constantly vilified day after day? Sounds like what conservatives are subject to everyday. Progressives still don't understand how Trump got elected.

I don't understand how the defund crowd has the nerve to request, demand or expect Police protection.
That is as hypocritical as it gets. "I want less police in America, but I want the remaining Police to protect me, my special interest groups and my like minded fellow politicians."
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I think it would be hilarious if antifa, bernie bros and other assorted misfit mock militia were to raise a ruckus and no one was available to stop them.
Maybe if CNN, Biden, et al were pinned down in the convention hall for a few weeks, they might begin to understand.

No, never mind. They would not understand, they would announce to the world that it was Trump's fault.

Why would no one be there to stop them?
Do police no longer take an oath to protect and serve?
Pretty sure they do and I'm pretty sure that oath didn't come with conditions and options.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69663 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I think it is totally irresponsible for Law Enforcement to advise the dnc of defunding the event. The correct thing to do is just not show up for the event. The dnc is very aware of the defending of Police and should live by their words and actions.
Hopefully Law Enforcement will learn from this colossal mistake.

This is setting up a no debate Presidential election cycle.
The debates should be in person at undisclosed locations NOT "virtual" or worse, skipped or canceled.

My complaint about the whole thing is the Milwuakee officials attempting to find a way to prevent The people's right to assemble and air grievances against the govt.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

That applies to every level of govt, from the govt of the smallest town to that of the nation on the federal level..
Miluakee needs to remember...
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty," ...... "When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

This has all been coming for about 40 years now and why no one saw it is beyond me.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has all been coming? Which this?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the confusion. The riots, the verbal and physical abuse on both sides, the politicians' fear of the people which was borne of the Peoples' fear of the politicians and their agencies (govt).

(I said "about 40 years).. I guess it has been a bit longer than that.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-30-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-30-2020 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Sorry for the confusion. The riots, the verbal and physical abuse on both sides, the politicians' fear of the people which was borne of the Peoples' fear of the politicians and their agencies (govt).

Nailed it !

On one side you have a pile of retards who equate "peaceful protest" with riots, arson, murder, attacking those who disagree with them and general mayhem, chaos and destruction. UH....NO.

On the other, there is a gang of jackbooted brain-dead thugs who respond to a parking infraction with the exact same level of force they do a school shooting or terrorist attack. Morons who's answer to everything is overwhelming military-style force. Kill it and ask questions later.

Like I said in another thread, let them fight it out, shoot the survivors, and the rest of us can enjoy some peace, quiet and common sense.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

http://www.chicagomag.com/c...of-the-Viaduct-1877/

https://wallbuilders.com/wa...on-tea-party-a-riot/

It all depends just whose ox is being gored.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why would no one be there to stop them?
Pretty sure they do and I'm pretty sure that oath didn't come with conditions and options.

Because many agencies who initially agreed to provide additional security have decided to back out of their agreements, as stated in the article that I linked at the top of the page.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19563 posts
Member since Mar 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

http://www.chicagomag.com/c...of-the-Viaduct-1877/

https://wallbuilders.com/wa...on-tea-party-a-riot/

It all depends just whose ox is being gored.

This has also always been true. I am biased, and not ashamed to admit it.

I agree with the motives of those behind the Boston Tea Party. Though I have always questioned the wisdom of their action, it was not violent and destroyed nothing more than a few boxes of tea.

I disagree with the motives of the rioters in Portland and Seattle. I also disagree strongly with their violent, highly destructive and dangerous actions.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This has also always been true. I am biased, and not ashamed to admit it.

I agree with the motives of those behind the Boston Tea Party. Though I have always questioned the wisdom of their action, it was not violent and destroyed nothing more than a few boxes of tea.

I disagree with the motives of the rioters in Portland and Seattle. I also disagree strongly with their violent, highly destructive and dangerous actions.

Keep in mind that the Police have discovered embedded nails in fireworks that are used as weapons against Police. This is not about voicing discontent with Police violence, this is an actual attempt at civil war. They even openly admit as much. They want to overthrow the Government.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They want to overthrow the Government.

Like the colonists did to England in the 1770s?
Like the Texians did to Mexico in the 1830s?
Like the Apaches, Comanche, Sioux, Seminole, Cherokee and many others attempted to do for decades?

When viewing any pointillist image, it is most often very important to view each dot as well as the whole.

But, do they truly want to overthrow the US govt...or just to tweak it a bit to make it more like the Republic it began as?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like the Apaches, Comanche, Sioux, Seminole, Cherokee and many others attempted to do for decades?

When viewing any pointillist image, it is most often very important to view each dot as well as the whole.

But, do they truly want to overthrow the US govt...or just to tweak it a bit to make it more like the Republic it began as?

If they really wanted to restore the republic as described in the constitution, I would be with them. That is not their goal.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am at a loss of words, hearing this from you. I honestly do not know where you are coming from on this specific issue?
Do you know who the antifa are and what they stand for, what their mission statement, goals are?
Do you know anything about the blm? Or what they're goals are? They have a web site.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I am familiar with both.
I disagree with methods but fully understand the impetus behind the methods.
Look at the world as it is, not as we are.

Not long after the Floyd death, when the police nationwide knew they were going to be under a microscope by both The people and the media, this happened:

50+ officers resigned from the unit in protest when the PD suspended the officers...

Then, this:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/...protests-orig-dp.cnn

This is nothing but arrogance.

What, does the govt or the right 'think' was going to happen?
Business as usual?
That horse has now long left the barn gate..the Floyd death simply swung the gate open a little wider at the far end of the paddock.

I had a short conversation not long ago (a few weeks) in a cafe here in town. The news was on tv, and showing some of the protests. The guy at the table across from wife and I turned our way and said: "You know, I don't know how things got like this. I thought things were going pretty good for those people back in the '60s.."

I said, "You must have lived in a different 60s than I did because it was even worse back then, the only difference was there was no video".

But that's still the mind set of much of America even today.

It will all work out Rick, one way or another. We aren't nearly the first nation or people to go thru such growing pains.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-31-2020).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 03:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think there is a misunderstanding here because we are talking about two intertwined, but separate issues: riots and police brutality (at least that is what we used to call them). The fact that we used to call them by a different name shows that both issues have been around for a very long time. One incites the other in an endless loop. Both are wrong.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/125047-2.html#p70

That is the way I understand it. We can’t begin to correct a problem until we understand it.

The overuse and consequential misuse of the phrase “systemic racism” is causing the focus to be misdirected. I think we would be better served if we were to describe it as endemic.

The problem is not systemic. Overall, the system works. It just needs a few tweaks here and there. The problem is in some of the people. We need to identify them and either correct them or remove them from the position of authority.

However, allowing the condition to persist indicates a problem somewhere in the chain of command.

PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes ,yes they do want to overthrow the Government. They are communist, they not only want to overthrow the Government but force the redistribution of "wealth" and resources. Along with many many other demands including "freeing" Palestine. Both blm and antifia.
No, they are not demanding "equality" as the Constitution was designed. They are not restoring or balancing justice and race relations, those are only talking points to gain sympathy from the white community.
I believe that we do have some racist people in America, even in the World, but to say all of America is systemically racist is a lie.
There is a deeper reason for "taking down" statues across America. Have you heard of the 1619 project? The premise is that in 1619 slaves were brought to America. In 1776, during legal slave trading, the Constitution was drawn up. The Constitution was written from a white perspective and not representative of black people, not even acknowledging their humanity. And thus the "systemic" racism in America. Their goal.is not restoration of a document that did not consider then to be human, they want it overthrown and replaced with something different.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not long after the Floyd death, when the police nationwide knew they were going to be under a microscope by both The people and the media, this happened:

50+ officers resigned from the unit in protest when the PD suspended the officers...

Then, this:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/...protests-orig-dp.cnn

This is nothing but arrogance.

Both of those people could have prevented, caused their own calamity. It is illegal to interfere with a public servants duties. That woman ... ? She thinks she can just remove police barricades ? It never went well for me when I ignored police officer orders.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

they want it overthrown and replaced with something different.

'They' being the colonists?
"It" being The Crown's edicts regarding taxes, quartering of soldiers, etc?

It really does all depend upon whose ox is being gored doesn't it?

'It' will not go back to 'the way it was'.
'We', made sure of that over the last few decades and especially in the last few months...didn't 'we'?
And we did it live, on camera, for all the world to see..............

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

'They' being the colonists?
"It" being The Crown's edicts regarding taxes, quartering of soldiers, etc?

It really does all depend upon whose ox is being gored doesn't it?

'It' will not go back to 'the way it was'.
'We', made sure of that over the last few decades and especially in the last few months...didn't 'we'?
And we did it live, on camera, for all the world to see..............

Sorry Don, I just don't see it that way.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What, does the govt or the right 'think' was going to happen?
Business as usual?
That horse has now long left the barn gate..the Floyd death simply swung the gate open a little wider at the far end of the paddock.

I had a short conversation not long ago (a few weeks) in a cafe here in town. The news was on tv, and showing some of the protests. The guy at the table across from wife and I turned our way and said: "You know, I don't know how things got like this. I thought things were going pretty good for those people back in the '60s.."

I said, "You must have lived in a different 60s than I did because it was even worse back then, the only difference was there was no video".

But that's still the mind set of much of America even today.

It will all work out Rick, one way or another. We aren't nearly the first nation or people to go thru such growing pains.

MJ, respectfully... what's going on right now has nothing to do with civil rights or police brutality. It is coordinated rioting, and even protesting, that is being organized by foreign nationals. There are well intentioned people who are participating in protests that are actually being organized by our adversaries. They get there and mingle with people who are purposely there to riot. The white radical Marxists do most of the damage, convince a couple of black protesters to join in, and the majority of the country assumes it's all black people rioting... which further stokes tensions.

All of this goes away after the election.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mayor Bill de Blasio is calling for residents to take back the streets.

New York City Woman Shot Dead After Confronting Man Over Fireworks

More than 100 police agencies back out of DNC security agreements[/URL]

There will be no security concerns. Social workers will come to the rescue, .

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

MJ, respectfully... what's going on right now has nothing to do with civil rights or police brutality. It is coordinated rioting, and even protesting, that is being organized by foreign nationals. There are well intentioned people who are participating in protests that are actually being organized by our adversaries. They get there and mingle with people who are purposely there to riot. The white radical Marxists do most of the damage, convince a couple of black protesters to join in, and the majority of the country assumes it's all black people rioting... which further stokes tensions.

All of this goes away after the election.

I've heard all this before, back in the 60s and early 70s.
"It's not our Misssissippi negroes doing this..it's yankee instigatahs coming in heah from up Nawth causing all this heah trouble"

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-31-2020 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've heard all this before, back in the 60s and early 70s.
"It's not our Misssissippi negroes doing this..it's yankee instigatahs coming in heah from up Nawth causing all this heah trouble"

Yup.
And you didn't even have to be alive while it was happening to come to understand it's happening.
It's all avoidable.

There are books.
Accountings of experiences.
It's amazing.

"There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." ~ Our Boy 'Shakes'

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-31-2020).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2020 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah but ... there is systemic racism. 911 calls to black neighborhoods go unanswered.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock