Truth or twist? You be the judge. by 2.5
Started on: 07-28-2020 03:55 PM
Replies: 14 (365 views)
Last post by: Wichita on 07-30-2020 10:47 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2020 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_a7dQXilCo

If you checked "do not see posts having to do with politics" you will not see this post..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
If you checked "do not see posts having to do with politics" you will not see this post..

Having a little "fun" with that one? Really?

What comes next?

If Pinocchio were to say "Even as we speak, my nose is getting longer" would he be lying--or telling the truth?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-29-2020).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A rhetorical question from a fairy-tale character.....really?

As a student of history for my entire life, I would say that the Prager U video hit the nail squarely on its head.

Prove me wrong.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump for folks who have an interest and wish to discuss.....

Rams
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

A rhetorical question from a fairy-tale character.....really?

As a student of history for my entire life, I would say that the Prager U video hit the nail squarely on its head.

Prove me wrong.

My message has nothing to do with that video presentation from Prager U.

I was (am) speaking to that one remark from 2.5 that I replicated in the Quote (from 2.5) format, and it's not a remark about the video, per se.

Think about exactly what he said.

williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is a shame that this information will never be heard by those who need it most.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
Having a little "fun" with that one? Really?

Merely a comment sort of pointing out that when people close themselves off from other peoples thoughts, they literally close themselves off, limiting their knowledge and awareness.

...Also made me a little less disgruntled while marking the post "politics" as per forum recommendations.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-29-2020).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Were you fully aware at the moment when you said that, that you were setting up a kind of logical paradox? Just the way you worded it. I guess what you were really saying was "There are forum members who are not going to see this because they do not have their Politics checkbox selected."

I was just trying to be humorous.

Quite some years ago now, I was talking on this forum about a quantum physics experiment that was set up to probe the idea of "reverse causation", where it looks to the human mind as if the measurable effect or consequence of an action is observed to precede or anticipate the action in our human timeline. So, "Effect... Cause" instead of "Cause... Effect."

I was talking about messages and sending messages (paradoxically) backwards in time. But I said "sending messages backward and forward in time." Sending a message forward in time is no more paradoxical than writing myself a note with the expectation of my seeing it later to be reminded of something. Who hasn't done that, like maybe yesterday or earlier today?

Another forum member (I think it might have been Jake_Dragon) replied, saying very dryly, "I send messages forward in time almost every day." (Or words to that effect.)

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Under the current rules they will have to apologize and grovel before asking for forgiveness with a promise never to do it again. Then all will lose their jobs and be banned from Twitter and Facebook. Any statues to any Democrats will have to be torn down by a mob.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nor will they see your statement, .

I label all my threads political, whether they are or not.

That lady, Carol Swain, is an interesting lady.

Thank you for the video.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best that can happen is my little statement inspires someone who has not yet blocked "politics" to never do so.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-30-2020 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Best that can happen is my little statement inspires someone who has not yet blocked "politics" to never do so.

The method I use for blocking information who's existence I do not want to be aware of is...oh, wait, I don't block any information.
Because I'm an adult and can objectively* intake information at will.

Or just not read it, which is not very often.
Even trainwrecks have something to teach, after you get past the "personal impact" you apply to it.

Between "News" and "Information", i'll take information every time.
"News" comes with a suggestion.
A suggestion that somehow "News" is "Truth".
It never was.

"Information" is just that.
You process it with your cache of personal experience and current level of intellect, and formulate a "conclusion" open enough to allow for change/growth of that conclusion should future added information present itself.

Figuratively "Burning Books" (ignoring information) will never give you the full picture.
Which unfortunatly is neither here nor there.

Because my experience tells me people will believe what they want.
And explore no farther.
"I want it to be true" is the length of their "vetting" process.

For them, comfort is more important than truth.

* in a way that is not influenced by personal feelings or opinions.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-30-2020).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

The method I use for blocking information who's existence I do not want to be aware of is...oh, wait, I don't block any information.

Even trainwrecks have something to teach, after you get past the "personal impact" you apply to it.

It never was.

You process it with your cache of personal experience and current level of intellect, and formulate a "conclusion" open enough to allow for change/growth of that conclusion should future added information present itself.

Figuratively "Burning Books" (ignoring information) will never give you the full picture.

And explore no farther.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2020 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wichita

20656 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by Boondawg:

It never was.

And explore no farther.

You are truly a sage! What you posted was excellent. Thank you for sharing.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock