Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T
  Chinese Consulate in Houston, ordered closed...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Chinese Consulate in Houston, ordered closed... by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 07-23-2020 02:14 PM
Replies: 39 (538 views)
Last post by: randye on 07-29-2020 10:28 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.theepochtimes.c...io-says_3434101.html

One thing still on my mind, when it's abandoned, who does it belong to? Is it still owned by the Chinese?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard the same thing on another site.
Someone compared it to when the Japanese did the same thing and were accused of bringing up something that no one alive had a part of.

I recall something about history and repeating but I have nothing left to look at and define it by.
**** where is that gas can and box of tea.

Edit
I believe the Chinese lease the land so for the remaining time on the lease I would assume it would remain Chinese.

Edit
Link to BBC article as I don't have a subscription to yours

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 07-23-2020).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The land itself does not 'belong' to the the country housed inside the embassy or consulate.
When an embassy or consulate is said to be the'property' of the country using it, that only means the embassy is immune to many laws of that host country.

The interior property of an embassy is guarded by the visiting country's own security, but the exterior, by Geneva Convention accord is guarded by the host nation's security. Visiting a foreign embassy here in the US doesn't in any way or definition mean you are on 'foreign soil' and the same for any of our diplomatic buildings or compounds overseas.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chinese Consulate in Houston, ordered closed...

It's a start.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
News reporting tonight that the Chicoms are now refusing to leave the consulate.

Time to cut the power and water and blockade any deliveries.
Hudini

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can ya’ll wait to piss them off more until I get out of here? /s

Man I hope they don’t start taking hostages like the two Canadians.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hudini:

Man I hope they don’t start taking hostages like the two Canadians.

MEM and Patrick are taking hostages?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today's high temp in Houston to be 90F with extremely high humidity as a TS makes it ashore in S. Texas. Cut power, it will be lots higher indoors.
If they open windows, better have a 55 gal drum of OFF mosquito repellent handy.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny, the number of Navy ships experiencing fires.....coincidental?

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-24-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welders..it's always a welder's fault, even if the nearest welder is 100 miles away..at least it isn't weather balloons this time..

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-24-2020).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Welders..it's always a welder's fault, even if the nearest welder is 100 miles away..at least it isn't weather balloons this time..

Not even mad, just glad to get some recognition even if its bad. lol
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2020 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the weirdest thread I've never been in.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

This is the weirdest thread I've never been in.

Especially since you weren't required to be in it.

Let's guess, you're a "victim" again......
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2020 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Especially since you weren't required to be in it.

Let's guess, you're a "victim" again......

How sad.
Even you know I'm a winner.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes, I think I'm not part of the conversation and then, suddenly and almost by magic--I am.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-24-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

How sad.
Even you know I'm a winner.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-24-2020).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2020 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Evidently the Chicoms are gone from the Houston facility, as federal agents and Houston PD entered it today.

I have never been inside any embassy but I have been ejected from a country because one of my bosses got drunk and ran his car into the french legation in Belize many years ago.

Last thing they told me when I boarded the plane was "And don't come back gringo!"
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Evidently the Chicoms are gone from the Houston facility, as federal agents and Houston PD entered it today.

I have never been inside any embassy but I have been ejected from a country because one of my bosses got drunk and ran his car into the french legation in Belize many years ago.

Last thing they told me when I boarded the plane was "And don't come back gringo!"

China's relationship with the world is really taking a beating, and rightfully so. Xi Jingping really must be sweating bullets right now. China has a large military in terms of number of people, but they certainly don't have a military that's comparable to much of the rest of the world powers. They're working on their China 2025 goals right now, and they're coming crashing down.

For all that Trump gets blame for... most people credit him for being tough on China, and that's a good thing. I wish he had been this way earlier, but he at least had to make a serious effort to support negotiation in a negotiated trade agreement. China assumes they'll get a better deal with Biden, so Trump has literally nothing left at this point and is going all-out on them, as we should.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
China has very big plans and aims at being the world's supplier of virtually everything including food.
Phase 1. (ongoing now)
1. Become self sustaining agriculture wise.
a. Grow enough soybeans, rice and winter wheat to not need to import any.
b. Increase poultry and swine production so none need be imported.
c. Increase citrus production.
d. Buy any available meat processing facilities worldwide. (bye bye Smithfield)
e. Develop cold hardy corn for both livestock feed and sweet corn for human consumption.

Phase 2. Continue to increase all food production.
a. Buy up quality semen and embryos from beef and dairy cattle from any source. This has been takling place thru back door exporters to China such as Aus and NZ.
b. Tour and 'steal' processing plant technology from Canada, Australia and the United Staets..ongoing as I type.
c. Build a Chinese national beef/dairy cattle herd using the best genetics their money can buy, using winter hardy breeds like Angus and Brangus.

Phase 3.
a. Flood the global market with exports of quality beef, dairy products, pork and grain, using their own cheap labor and a growing export infrastructure.

(it is either currently or has been for much of the last 20 yrs illegal to export US live cattle to communist China..hence the need for them to buy up semen for ai and embryos..we just recently again began exporting chilled carcasses and frozen boxed beef to them)
JBS, which also happens to be the largest meat processors in the US (and the world) exports a LOT of the above mentioned types of beef to China...they are a Brazilian company that bought up Swift Meats, 75% interest in Pilgrim Pride and attempted to buy National Beef Packing, but were stopped from that acquisition by US Justice Dept on anti-trust concerns.

We still export WAY more beef than we import but the first 6 months of 2020, we imported 1.3 billion pounds of beef from Australia, Canada, and Mexico.

You think all that beef you buy and eat is "American beef"?
Here's how it works.
It comes in 3 ways. Live cattle on the hoof....frozen boxed beef....chilled partially processed whole carcasses. The live cattle almost all go straight to some processor's feedyard to ge finished out on a high fat and high protein feed ration. After about 60-80 days, it goes to a USDA inspected processor.
Both the frozen boxed beef and and the chilled carcasses go to a processor to be cut and packaged and USDA inspected.
This year, because of that USDA Inspected stamp, 1.3 billion lbs of imported beef magically became"Product of USA" and not one bit of it ever ate a single mouth full of American grass.
Once China gets their long range export plan going, it's going to get even worse.

The American consumer WANTS to know where their food comes from. For a little while, (2002-2016) we had Country of Origin Labeling, but congress repealed it because of WTO rulings. Guess who filed and won the challenges to COOL at WTO?
If you said our 'friends' in Canada and Mexico you would be correct.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...ills_COOL_at_the_WTO

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-25-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The American consumer WANTS to know where their food comes from. For a little while, (2002-2016) we had Country of Origin Labeling, but congress repealed it because of WTO rulings. Guess who filed and won the challenges to COOL at WTO?

Damnit Patrick... this is totally your fault!!!

But on a serious note... I can't blame China for wanting to be in charge of everything... but I still very much dislike China, and I don't believe their interest in being in charge aligns in good faith with everyone else.
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
But on a serious note... I can't blame China for wanting to be in charge of everything...

I can.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting...China helped bail us out during the "Not a Depression" in 2008-9, lending us money.........This is really good to make absolutely sure they they will not help us out ever again.......>>Divide and Conquer<<......(I bet you guys have never heard of that)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Sometimes, I think I'm not part of the conversation and then, suddenly and almost by magic--I am.

Tell me about it!

Originally posted by williegoat:

MEM and Patrick are taking hostages?

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Damnit Patrick... this is totally your fault!!!

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36401 posts
Member since Apr 99

Don, I'm a little disappointed that you would put "friends" in quotation marks in your reference to Canada (and Mexico). I'll admit to not knowing the ins and outs of the situation, but I suspect that the US was doing something contrary to NAFTA regulations which ended up costing Canada and Mexico big bucks... as the WHO ruling appears to have confirmed. Business is business, rules are rules. The US can't expect to sign agreements with other countries, and then try and bend the rules to their favor without a challenge in the courts.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-25-2020).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Interesting...China helped bail us out during the "Not a Depression" in 2008-9, lending us money.........This is really good to make absolutely sure they they will not help us out ever again.......>>Divide and Conquer<<......(I bet you guys have never heard of that)

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Don, I'm a little disappointed that you would put "friends" in quotation marks in your reference to Canada (and Mexico). I'll admit to not knowing the ins and outs of the situation, but I suspect that the US was doing something contrary to NAFTA regulations which ended up costing Canada and Mexico big bucks... as the WHO ruling appears to have confirmed. Business is business, rules are rules. The US can't expect to sign agreements with other countries, and then try and bend the rules to their favor without a challenge in the courts.

I'll assume you meant WTO and not WHO...but, all the COOL thing meant was that Canada and Mexico (and other nations') exports to USA would have a label stating it was or even may be their product. It should be noted, that the big processors (Pilgrims-Nat Beef--Tyson etc) were not in favor of COOL, but almost all the actual producers (farmers/ranchers) fought long and hard for it and still are. And, it has nothing to do with NAFTA, which Canada and Mexico both signed on to back in the 90s.
COOL is a different issue altogether.

Not our fault our consumers preferred true USA born/raised/processed beef and other products.

According to Canada/Mexico, WTO, our producers can't even ask for this type labeling as it somehow 'makes other nations' products appear less quality"

And, most of the COOL labels said something like this,

and Canada still wasn't happy about it...they want no labeling at all that indicates beef may be imported to the USA , either whole or in part from Canada.
Why?
It goes back to Canada's mad cow thing in 2003. They don't want anyone on the US consumer side to know the beef sold in the USA may have come from Canada.

North America
The first reported case in North America was in December 1993 from Alberta, Canada.[32][33] Another Canadian case was reported in May 2003. The first known U.S. occurrence came in December of the same year, though it was later confirmed to be a cow of Canadian origin imported to the U.S.[34] The cow was slaughtered on a farm near Yakima, Washington. The cow was included in the United States Department of Agriculture's surveillance program, specifically targeting cattle with BSE.[35] Canada announced two additional cases of BSE from Alberta in early 2005.[36] In June 2005, John R. Clifford, chief veterinary officer for the United States Department of Agriculture animal health inspection service, confirmed a fully domestic case of BSE in Texas.[37]

The Texas BSE case never made it to a slaughterhouse.

I find it more than a little ironic that Canada is more than happy to slap that Canadian label on cars, oil, car parts, seed, grain, plastics and everything else exported to USA and beyond but don't want their name anywhere near beef.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-25-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll assume you meant WTO and not WHO...

WHAT ?

Yeah sorry, typo. (Must be COVID-19 on the brain.)

...Canada still wasn't happy about it...they want no labeling at all that indicates beef may be imported to the USA , either whole or in part from Canada.
Why?

It goes back to Canada's mad cow thing in 2003. They don't want anyone on the US consumer side to know the beef sold in the USA may have come from Canada.

I find it more than a little ironic that Canada is more than happy to slap that Canadian label on cars, oil, car parts, seed, grain, plastics and everything else exported to USA and beyond but don't want their name anywhere near beef.

As I previously posted.... business is business. Obviously Canada doesn't wish to continue to be burned for something that happened 17 years ago. (Any evidence that the mad cow scare went beyond a "scare", as in transfer to a human?)

If what Canada (and Mexico) were after in regards to marketing was out of line, the WTO wouldn't have ruled in their favor.

I recognize that you have a "beef" with this issue due to your livelihood... but still, implying that Canada and the US aren't "friends" is a bit much!
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
17 years ago? Canadian BSE problems cause problems for all of North America. Canda has been very lax in their Specified Risk Material and BSE protocols in general. Does Canada not inform it's own people of what goes on in their beef industy?

BSE timeline
1992: CFIA introduces a national BSE surveillance program.
1993: BSE identified in single cow near Red Deer, Alta., originally imported from Britain in 1987.
1997: CFIA bans the use of specified risk material in cattle feed.
May 16, 2003: BSE identified in an eight-year-old cow sent to slaughter in January from a farm 180 kilometres northwest of Edmonton.
May 20, 2003: The case is confirmed by regulatory officials Borders, including the U.S., are immediately closed to all live Canadian cattle. In the coming weeks, several ranches in Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia are quarantined as a precaution and hundreds of cattle are slaughtered.
June 18, 2003: Federal and provincial agriculture ministers announce a $460 million, cost-shared National BSE Recovery Program to assist beef industry.
June 26, 2003: International panel of experts reviews Canada’s response to BSE and recommends the removal of specified risk material from human and animal food chains and increased monitoring.
July 18, 2003: Ag Canada makes the removal of SRM from carcasses of cattle older than 30 months mandatory.
July 25, 2003: Alberta government pledges $79 million to BSE programs for farmers.
August 8, 2003: United States eases restrictions and allows boneless meat from cattle younger than 30 months old to cross the border.
Aug. 11, 2003: Mexico partially lifts its ban on imports with restrictions similar to the U.S.
Sept. 9, 2003: Russia lifts ban on cattle younger than 30 months old and cattle older than 30 months if tested for BSE.
Dec. 23, 2003: U.S. announces that BSE identified in one cow in Washington state.
Dec. 24, 2003: Canada and other countries announce restrictions on imports from the U.S.
Jan. 6, 2004: Officials announce that the BSE-affected cow in Washington state came from a farm in Alberta.
Jan. 9, 2004: Federal government commits $92.1 million to a five-year effort to improve tracking and BSE surveillance and testing.
April 18, 2004: U.S. lifts restrictions on the import of Canadian ground beef, bone-in cuts and offal from cattle younger than 30 months.
Dec. 1, 2004: Hong Kong reopens border to beef under 30 months old.
Dec. 29, 2004: U.S. announces that it will accept imports of live cattle younger than 30 months from Canada beginning March 7, 2005.
Dec. 30, 2004: Agriculture Canada says that preliminary tests have identified BSE in a 10-year-old dairy cow.
Jan. 11, 2005: CFIA identifies BSE case in a beef cow in Alberta, slightly younger than seven years old, born after the 1997 ban on SRM in feed.
Feb. 9, 2005: U.S. officials announce the date for allowing beef imports from animals older than 30 months will be delayed while investigations into recent BSE cases are conducted.
March 2, 2005: U.S. District Court in Montana issues a preliminary injunction preventing imports of Canadian cattle.
March 3, 2005: U.S. Senate rejects the USDA rule that would allow Canadian beef and cattle younger than 30 months to cross the border.
March 10, 2005: Agriculture Canada announces $50 million in funding to a Canadian Cattlemen’s Association initiative to market Canadian beef.
March 29, 2005: Agriculture Canada announces a $1 billion assistance program for Canadian producers affected by BSE.
June 29, 2005: U.S. officials confirm a case of BSE in a 12-year-old beef cow in Texas.
July 14, 2005: American appeals court overturns Montana injunction.
July 18, 2005: Shipments of live cattle and bison younger than 30 months from Canada are allowed to enter the U.S. for the first time since May 2003.
Dec. 11, 2005: Japan reopens its border to Canadian beef and beef products from animals younger than 21 months.
Jan. 22, 2006: CFIA confirms a case of BSE in a six-year-old cross-bred cow in Alberta.
Feb. 1, 2006: Mexico loosens restrictions to include bone-in beef.
March 13, 2006: USDA confirms BSE in a cow in Alabama.
April 16, 2006: CFIA confirms a base of BSE in British Columbia.
June 26, 2006: CFIA announces a ban on SRM in all animal feed, pet food and fertilizers to take effect July 12, 2007.
June 29, 2006: Canada announces it will accept all classes of U.S. cattle, including beef cattle older than 30 months.
July 4, 2006: CFIA confirms case of BSE in a mature cross-bred beef cow in Manitoba.
July 13, 2006: CFIA confirms case of BSE in a 50-month-old dairy cow in Alberta.
August 23, 2006: The CFIA confirms a case of BSE in a beef cow between the ages of eight and 10, in Alberta.
Oct. 19, 2006: Russia agrees to lift its ban on Canadian breeding cattle.
Feb. 7, 2007: CFIA confirms case of BSE in a mature bull from Alberta.
May 2, 2007: CFIA confirms case of BSE in a 66-month-old dairy cow in B.C.
June 26, 2007: Taiwan lifts its ban on Canadian beef imports for boneless cuts from cattle younger than 30 months.
Nov. 17, 2007: U.S. border opens to Canadian live cattle born on or after March 1, 1999.
Dec. 18, 2007: CFIA confirms BSE case in a 13-year-old beef cow in Alberta.
Feb. 26, 2008: CFIA confirms BSE in a six-year-old dairy cow in Alberta.
March 27, 2008: Mexico and U.S. open border to bovine breeding stock born after Jan. 1, 1999.
June 23, 2008: CFIA confirms BSE case in five-year-old Holstein in B.C.
Aug. 15, 2008: CFIA confirms BSE case in six-year-old beef cow from Alberta.
Sept. 30, 2008: U.S. implements country-of-origin labelling, which reduces bids on Canadian cattle.
Jan. 19, 2009: Federal government announces agreement that will allow bone-in beef to move into Hong Kong and eventually open the market to all remaining Canadian beef exports for cattle younger than 30 months.
Feb. 3, 2009: Jordan opens border to all Canadian beef and cattle exports.
Feb. 17, 2009: Saudi Arabia opens to all Canadian beef and cattle exports.
May 2009: Colombia partially reopens to Canadian beef.
May 15, 2009: CFIA confirms BSE in a six-and-a-half-year-old dairy cow in Alberta.
Oct. 13, 2009: Russia loosens restrictions, allowing Canadian boneless beef from cattle younger than 30 months.
Dec. 6, 2009: Hong Kong reopens border to all Canadian beef.
Feb. 25, 2010: CFIA confirms BSE case in six-year-old beef cow in Alberta.
June 24, 2010: China resumes imports of tallow and boneless beef from cattle younger than 30 months. Vietnam expands access to include beef from all ages of cattle, but maintains a temporary ban on offal.
Nov. 23, 2010: Canadian beef producers granted a 20,000 tonne duty free quota from the EU.
Feb. 7, 2011: Costa Rica allows unrestricted access for Canadian beef.
Feb. 18, 2011: BSE confirmed in six-and-a-half-year-old dairy cow in Alberta.
June 27, 2011: South Korea reopens to Canadian imports for beef younger than 30 months.
June 12, 2012: Peru approves all Canadian beef and offal from cattle under 30 months for import, as well as boneless beef and offal from older cattle.
July 26, 2012: Kazakhstan opens for boneless beef from cattle older than 30 months.
Aug. 2, 2012: United Arab Emirates opens to all Canadian beef.
Aug. 27, 2012: Ukraine permits the import of purebred live cattle from Canada for breeding and genetics.
Jan. 11, 2013: China approves four additional processing facilities to export Canadian beef to China, bringing the total to seven.
Feb. 1, 2013: Japan allows imports of bone-in and boneless beef younger than 30 months.
March 8, 2013: U.S. COOL rules tighten, requiring more specific labels.
Feb. 13, 2015: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) confirmed that a case of mad cow disease has been found in Alberta, Canada .

You have serious problems with BSE North of the border and we don't need them down here. There have been 26 cases of BSE in North America. 20 in Canada and 6 in the US and one of the US cases was a cow that was born in Canada.
You need to label your beef same as you so proudly label everything else made in Canada...or at least allow other nations to do it for you.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-26-2020).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

17 years ago?

I was simply using your information.

It goes back to Canada's mad cow thing in 2003.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Does Canada not inform it's own people of what goes on in their beef industy?

Do you envision all Canadians listening intently between periods during Hockey Night in Canada to The National Beef Report?

I'm sorry Don, but no, the average Canadian has little to no idea of what's going on with the beef industry, just as I'm sure the average American has little to no idea either. Cattle might be a hot topic in parts of Alberta, but here on the west coast, I'm a whole lot more familiar with the salmon industry.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-26-2020).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assumed you would know what goes on with your own country's food chain......What's going on up there..they keep the domestic consumers in the dark too? Oh...Canada...
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I assumed you would know what goes on with your own country's food chain......What's going on up there..they keep the domestic consumers in the dark too? Oh...Canada...

Question, what is literally preventing us from being allowed to state whether or not beef is imported or comes from the United States? It seems to me that we are under no obligation to adhere to International law. Is the reason why adhere to it because the risk is that other countries would refuse to accept our products?

Every other product we buy has the country of origin, I'm just not sure why Canada is allowed to get away with this and why we're actually following along with it?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Threat of trade embargoes and/or increased tariffs on our exported goods.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/bus...ling-rules-1.1335949

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Threat of trade embargoes and/or increased tariffs on our exported goods.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/bus...ling-rules-1.1335949

That's frustrating to me... because Canada exploited US manufacturing in the 90s when they imposed taxes on anything that wasn't produced in Canada. As a result, most of the auto manufacturing in North America moved just over the border to Canada because it was the only way the US could sell cars in both Canada and the United States without having to pay higher taxes. Before this happened, it dramatically hurt US auto sales, and many Canadians were driving across the border into the United States to purchase cars at cheaper prices... and then Canada cracked down on that as well. Eventually when manufacturing did move across the border, hundreds of thousands of jobs in the US were lost, which was a total gain by Canada.

This was all in total violation of NAFTA. Eventually, we stopped caring because almost everything left Canada and ended up moving to Mexico anyway.

Thankfully, we've resolved this with USMCA.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smaller ranchers/farmers were sold out in USMCA.

The new deal has dismayed the National Family Farm Coalition (NFFC) representing 50,000 smaller farmers and ranchers, and over 400,000 people in the fishing industry across the country. NFFC president Jim Goodman said that the benefits of USMCA "have been greatly oversold to the U.S. farm sector."

In his view, the deal missed the chance to address low prices for products by independent family farmers. Dena Hoff, producer from Glendive, Montana, with NFFC member group Northern Plains Resource Council, said that UMSCA does not reinstate "country of origin" labeling for beef, pork, and dairy products, thus making it harder for U.S. farmers to compete against cheaper imports.

Trump Says Democrats 'Embarassed' by Impeachment at Pennsylvania RallyREAD MORE
"Consumers deserve the right to know where their meat is from, and ranchers deserve the right to an honest market," she said, in a statement in Dec 2019. "This agreement doesn't support our producers," she stated, adding that "it betrays American ranchers, consumers, and our rural communities."

USMCA was a deal foisted upon the ag community by the big processing plants on both sides of the border. ..and by Sonny Perdue the US ag secretary.

In 2017, a ranching consortium filed suit against the USDA and it's secretary.
RANCHERS-CATTLEMEN ACTION
LEGAL FUND, UNITED
STOCKGROWERS OF AMERICA and
CATTLE PRODUCERS OF
WASHINGTON,
Plaintiffs,
v.
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF
AGRICULTURE and SONNY
PERDUE, in his official capacity as
Secretary of Agriculture,
Defendants

1. Domestic ranchers and farmers like Jeff Scmidt, David Niemi, and
Lorene Bonds produce premium beef and pork, for which many consumers will

pay a premium price. Many Americans will pay more to feed themselves and their
families meat that comes from livestock born, raised, and slaughtered in the United
States. But current regulations permit meat from cattle and hogs born, raised, and
slaughtered in other countries to be passed off as domestic products, harming
United States ranchers, farmers, and consumers................

https://www.publicjustice.n...6/COOL-Complaint.pdf
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's going on up there..they keep the domestic consumers in the dark too? Oh...Canada...

I already explained the situation. Nothing's changed in the last 12 hours.

O say can you not see...

Originally posted by Patrick:

...the average Canadian has little to no idea of what's going on with the beef industry, just as I'm sure the average American has little to no idea either.

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2020 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rany boy, you just love trump....He is your IDOL.....Do you get wet every time you see or hear him? Do you dream of little puppet-traitor?

Here is a little statement that just points out how much of of POS-traitor Trump is....and you can jump in the flaming boat with him....Little fan-boy....

Donald Trump is like the Kremlin’s favored candidates, only more so. He celebrated the United Kingdom’s exit from the EU. He denounces NATO with feeling. He is also a great admirer of Vladimir Putin. Trump’s devotion to the Russian president has been portrayed as buffoonish enthusiasm for a fellow macho strongman. But Trump’s statements of praise amount to something closer to slavish devotion. In 2007, he praised Putin for “rebuilding Russia.” A year later he added, “He does his work well. Much better than our Bush.” When Putin ripped American exceptionalism in a New York Times op-ed in 2013, Trump called it “a masterpiece.” Despite ample evidence, Trump denies that Putin has assassinated his opponents, “In all fairness to Putin, you’re saying he killed people. I haven’t seen that.” In the event that such killings have transpired, they can be forgiven: “At least he’s a leader.” And not just any old head of state: “I will tell you that, in terms of leadership, he’s getting an A.”
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2020 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rany boy, you just love trump....He is your IDOL.....Do you get wet every time you see or hear him? Do you dream of little puppet-traitor?

Here is a little statement that just points out how much of of POS-traitor Trump is....and you can jump in the flaming boat with him....Little fan-boy....

Donald Trump is like the Kremlin’s favored candidates, only more so. He celebrated the United Kingdom’s exit from the EU. He denounces NATO with feeling. He is also a great admirer of Vladimir Putin. Trump’s devotion to the Russian president has been portrayed as buffoonish enthusiasm for a fellow macho strongman. But Trump’s statements of praise amount to something closer to slavish devotion. In 2007, he praised Putin for “rebuilding Russia.” A year later he added, “He does his work well. Much better than our Bush.” When Putin ripped American exceptionalism in a New York Times op-ed in 2013, Trump called it “a masterpiece.” Despite ample evidence, Trump denies that Putin has assassinated his opponents, “In all fairness to Putin, you’re saying he killed people. I haven’t seen that.” In the event that such killings have transpired, they can be forgiven: “At least he’s a leader.” And not just any old head of state: “I will tell you that, in terms of leadership, he’s getting an A.”

I must admit, comidically, I got a sweet-tooth for this sh!t!
Friggin' all-in kamikaze pilots sure don't get their just dues...manly because they don't survive long enough!

It's incredibly unfair!
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is funny is that you actually believe this poop. Trump is a narcissistic used car salesman and you can't stand he defeated your evil globalist suicide-helper cheerleader. We get it. You are pissed. The Russia, Russia, Russia is really stupid though. After years of looking by everyone and their brother, they got nothing. NOTHING. Geez man, takeoff the tinfoil and come out in the sunshine.

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2020 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

trump

Trump

Donald Trump

Trump’s

Trump’s

Trump

WOW. You have a serious case of TDS along with your lupus don't you...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock