Started on: 07-23-2020 05:57 AM
Replies: 19 (302 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 08-01-2020 11:59 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this would be a genuinely "rare" vehicle. Here is what it should/could look like.

It has a wooden bed floor.

Upon research, all are 3/4 ton chassis even though it's natural ground heighth seems low rider. Asking prices are eye opening.

This barn find has a personal history. It belonged to my wife's high school boyfriend (different schools) who later became her husband. They had two children and he sadly died. Based on it's last tag date, it has been sitting ever since (I think). She has ridden in it many times.

Not only can I have this, I can have the barn (18'X40') too, and the house on the property. South side of San Antonio.
She was present in this house when her father in law was shot and killed. The house needs work ($35,000.00, rough guess). As does the Hudson. It's all there and not a rust bucket but someone restoring it quit mid project.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In a word...Yes.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELL YES!

If you don’t, sell it to me.

Rams
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely!
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Need actual pictures of it.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

This barn find has a personal history. It belonged to my wife's high school boyfriend (different schools) who later became her husband. They had two children and he sadly died. Based on it's last tag date, it has been sitting ever since (I think). She has ridden in it many times.

Not only can I have this, I can have the barn (18'X40') too, and the house on the property. South side of San Antonio.
She was present in this house when her father in law was shot and killed. The house needs work ($35,000.00, rough guess). As does the Hudson. It's all there and not a rust bucket but someone restoring it quit mid project.

That's a lot to take in, and quite a story. I'm not sure if I should say "I'm so sorry," or "congratulations," so... I'll leave it as I feel however you think I should be feeling about this. Let me know if you need any help. I'm happy to either take her off your hands, or help push her out of a shed, whatever you prefer... hahah... just shoot me an e-mail. Hopefully it's not in crack town. I'm here for 7 more months.

But yeah, definitely sounds like a really cool truck.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2020 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
That's a lot to take in, and quite a story. I'm not sure if I should say "I'm so sorry," or "congratulations," so... I'll leave it as I feel however you think I should be feeling about this. Let me know if you need any help. I'm happy to either take her off your hands, or help push her out of a shed, whatever you prefer... hahah... just shoot me an e-mail. Hopefully it's not in crack town. I'm here for 7 more months.

But yeah, definitely sounds like a really cool truck.

Take her off your hands? Hey there, check the thread. I offered first.
I love most of these old trucks.

I just happen to have to ability to transport this nightmare out of Cliff's life saving him all kinds of frustration, work and money. (Just trying to help you out there Cliff.)
And, she would have a good loving home here.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-23-2020).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Take her off your hands? Hey there, check the thread. I offered first.
I love most of these old trucks.

I just happen to have to ability to transport this nightmare out of Cliff's life saving him all kinds of frustration, work and money. (Just trying to help you out there Cliff.)
And, she would have a good loving home here.

Rams

Hahah... yeah, I'm just kidding. I have no means to take it right now since I'm going to be moving. But I'm available here in San Antonio if he needs free help loading it onto a trailer or something.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An odd thing I remember about the '46 Packard is that it had a cork clutch plate. I ran a service station in the early '60s and had a customer with a '46 Packard Clipper Straight 8. The owner had told me that it had a cork clutch and I believe he said it ran in oil.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2020 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

An odd thing I remember about the '46 Packard is that it had a cork clutch plate. I ran a service station in the early '60s and had a customer with a '46 Packard Clipper Straight 8. The owner had told me that it had a cork clutch and I believe he said it ran in oil.

Interesting information.

I love that long nose those old trucks have and Cliff's seems exceptionally long. Since he hasn't responded, I have to assume he's gonna keep it.

Rams
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2020 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

In a word...Yes.

Agreed.
Although, I prefer two words.
"I hate math".
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

I took some. Uploaded them to the computer. I can't find them. Uploaded them again and see they went in "collections", which I can't find.

In a word...Yes.

Why ? The truck ? The truck of my wife's memories ? The barn ? The house ?

The chips are against me. I don't want to do this. The truck, as cool as it is, does not excite my passion. Parts are a big part of the "work". Not a lot of after market sources I would guess.

The barn has to be entered (vehicle) down a long skinny alley.

The house ... I don't want to live in San Antonio. I don't want to live in a city. I don't want to live on the South side of San Antonio (even though with the start of the Toyota plant it's becoming a place to be). I don't want to put $35,000.00 into a house I don't want, nor can I flip it.

I can't just take the truck and sell / flip it.

I'm happy to either take her off your hands, or help push her out of a shed, whatever you prefer... hahah... just shoot me an e-mail. Hopefully it's not in crack town. I'm here for 7 more months.

Take her off your hands? Hey there, check the thread. I offered first. ... she would have a good loving home here.

Dang guys, I almost have the wife trained.

No Todd, not crack town. Actually a nice quite neighborhood. There are three homeowners who lived there when my wife and her deceased husband lived there. The neighborhood is well kept.

That is weird. I had to google it. Found nothing substantive. I did find this video and it has a cork clutch. A hydraulic cork clutch.

I asked the wife if she wanted me to do her ... the truck, . She said it would be cool, for their kids. I am sure she would enjoy it too.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2020 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

I took some. Uploaded them to the computer. I can't find them. Uploaded them again and see they went in "collections", which I can't find.

In a word...Yes.

Why ? The truck ? The truck of my wife's memories ? The barn ? The house ?

The chips are against me. I don't want to do this. The truck, as cool as it is, does not excite my passion. Parts are a big part of the "work". Not a lot of after market sources I would guess.

The barn has to be entered (vehicle) down a long skinny alley.

The house ... I don't want to live in San Antonio. I don't want to live in a city. I don't want to live on the South side of San Antonio (even though with the start of the Toyota plant it's becoming a place to be). I don't want to put $35,000.00 into a house I don't want, nor can I flip it.

I'm happy to either take her off your hands, or help push her out of a shed, whatever you prefer... hahah... just shoot me an e-mail. Hopefully it's not in crack town. I'm here for 7 more months.

Take her off your hands? Hey there, check the thread. I offered first. ... she would have a good loving home here.

Dang guys, I almost have the wife trained.

No Todd, not crack town. Actually a nice quite neighborhood. There are three homeowners who lived there when my wife and her deceased husband lived there. The neighborhood is well kept.

That is weird. I had to google it. Found nothing substantive. I did find this video and it has a cork clutch. A hydraulic cork clutch.
I asked the wife if she wanted me to do her ... the truck, . She said it would be cool, for their kids. I am sure she would enjoy it too.

Congratulations, you have just done what 40 years of experimental week-end LSD explorations could not.
I'm finally high.

It's not what I thought it would be...

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-25-2020).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliffw, regarding parts, I just did a search and it seems there are lots of parts offered for 46 Packards.
Obsoleteautopartsobsolete.com › packard
Kantor.com
Ebay
www.packardparts.org › products › parts
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As late as '53 (maybe longer) Packard was still using a straight 8. I worked on several in my father's auto shop when I was a teenager. Those 50s Clippers just kinda floated down the highway...smooth riders...not sure how they were after Studebaker took over.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2020 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Understood, just know I would love to have it and put it back on the road. Would love to take it to Cruise In night.

Rams
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw, regarding parts, I just did a search and it seems there are lots of parts offered for 46 Packards.
Obsoleteautopartsobsolete.com › packard
Kantor.com
Ebay
www.packardparts.org › products › parts

Thanks. 'Cept it is a 46 Hudson. The first two links ... failed.

I was just at the Hill Country Swap Meet, 900 spaces of classic car affection. Not one Hudson. I have four vendor spaces there and have had for twenty years.

No matter. I am the grand pubar of a 1946 Hudson P/U, .

My life sucks. Oh well. I like being different.

As late as '53 (maybe longer) Packard was still using a straight 8. I worked on several in my father's auto shop when I was a teenager. Those 50s Clippers just kinda floated down the highway...smooth riders...not sure how they were after Studebaker took over.

Heh. The Fiero has the Super Duty four banger. Dodge has the Hemi. Harley the Pan Head, Knucklehead ...

Hudson ? The Super Six.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pubar?

So, how does it drive and ride?

------------------
Nec cupias, nec metuas

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cliffw, I found this sublink in the first link I provided. It may be of help on some parts. I don't know why I went off to Packard.
https://autopartsobsolete.c...-make-of-car/hudson/

Is that a picture of the actual truck? Beautiful.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2020 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pubar?

Pubar, I spelled it wrong.

Grand Poobah ...
The name of a high-ranking elected position in a secret society, the Loyal Order of Water Buffaloes. The main characters, Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble, were members of the lodge. The lodge is a spoof of secret societies and men's clubs like the Freemasons, the Shriners, the Elks Club and the Moose Lodge.

So, how does it drive and ride?

It doesn't.

It's all there and not a rust bucket but someone restoring it quit mid project.

I have only seen it one time. All parts are said to be there but, "he said she said". Who knows ? It still has 1974 tags. It stayed in my wife's deceased husbands family. Someone sold the Super Six matchhing number engine. I think I was told it is set up for an Oldsmobile Rocket engine.

Is that a picture of the actual truck? Beautiful.

No but yes. I am starting to like it, what it could be. That needs to happen. I am still not excited.

Thank you for the link.

This seems to be the go to forum.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock