Started on: 07-07-2020 02:05 PM
Replies: 8 (173 views)
Last post by: maryjane on 07-13-2020 11:22 PM
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.motor1.com/news...nco-versions-teased/

The Ford Bronco full reveal is days away.
It better perform better than it looks if it's going to compete with Jeep.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2020 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neither will ever compete with a full sized pickup.

I drove a buddies jeep a little last winter. Small. Cramped. Uncomfortable. I was good for about 30 minutes at a time then needed to stretch. No way in hell I would want that for a long trip.
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Bronco has my attention, as well as the Jeep Gladiator. Not much else out there that interest me, and I will probably be buying a vehicle in the next year or so.

After driving a Honda Accord sedan for a few years I want something fun. Requirement 1 is a foru door vehicle which both meet. Requirements 2 is a manual transmission, which apparently both offer. Then it comes to engine I want a V6 or V8, no 4cylinders! The Jeep offers a naturally aperated V6 (yeah) and the Bronco will apparnetly be a twin turbo V6 (yuck). The jeep has a ~7k tow rating, I need to see what the Bronco offers. I would prefer a tow rating of ~10k but 7 is acceptable as I don't typically tow over ~6.5k.

The one large negative the Gladiator has is the stupid secure vehicle gateway system that Fiat implemented.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove a 1st gen Cherokee for about 4 years. 250,000 miles on it when I sold it in 2005. I put about 1/2 of those on it, driving back and forth from West Texas to East Texas.
Lots more room in it than in a Fiero and we made a lot of 880 mile round trips over the same hiways in our Fieros as well. Usually non-stop except for fuel and a meal.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a Jeep, well it was a watered down Jeep SUV.
Straight 6 and it was a comfortable as any full sized truck.

I am also interested in the Bronco and what they are doing with it.
They will ultimately price it out of my range but it will be interesting to see.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been waiting forever to buy one of these. My intention was to buy one after I donated my 2002 Ford Explorer Sport, but my dad literally gave me his old 2009 Explorer Sport (which is a very nice car), and I just bought my wife a Ford Edge, and we still have my grandfather's Crown Victoria, and my wife's old 2008 Jeep Patriot... so it would be totally stupid of me to buy a Ford Bronco now. I mean, wonderful first world problems to have... but it would be completely asinine for me to buy one at this point... but I really, really want one.

If I didn't already have this 2009 Explorer (w/ only 54k miles on it), I'd be sleeping at the entrance to the dealership. I really like 2-door rugged SUVs... and from what I understand, the new Bronco is going to be built on the new Ford Ranger platform, so it's going to be a bit smaller. Although I think the older F-150 made Broncos were cool... I much preferred the Bronco 2. I'm really looking forward to this reveal.

My guess (from the sound)... biggest engine is a 3.5 DOHC V6 w/ turbo. Guarantee you don't get a V8 in it.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I've been waiting forever to buy one of these. My intention was to buy one after I donated my 2002 Ford Explorer Sport, but my dad literally gave me his old 2009 Explorer Sport (which is a very nice car), and I just bought my wife a Ford Edge, and we still have my grandfather's Crown Victoria, and my wife's old 2008 Jeep Patriot... so it would be totally stupid of me to buy a Ford Bronco now. I mean, wonderful first world problems to have... but it would be completely asinine for me to buy one at this point... but I really, really want one.

If I didn't already have this 2009 Explorer (w/ only 54k miles on it), I'd be sleeping at the entrance to the dealership. I really like 2-door rugged SUVs... and from what I understand, the new Bronco is going to be built on the new Ford Ranger platform, so it's going to be a bit smaller. Although I think the older F-150 made Broncos were cool... I much preferred the Bronco 2. I'm really looking forward to this reveal.

My guess (from the sound)... biggest engine is a 3.5 DOHC V6 w/ turbo. Guarantee you don't get a V8 in it.

The Mustang guys have been talking about it, Coyote swap is always an option Personally a V6 DOHC would be enough for me.
If they are starting at $30000 base it will be a long time before I get behind the wheel lets let it age a couple years and perhaps I will trade the Mustang.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last Bronco I drove was a "roofless" old classic that we took out into the desert outside Las Cruces, New Mexico about 10 years ago. It was a blast.

My 2016 F150 only has a tad over 19k miles on it and the wife needs another new ride so I'm thinking either a new Bronco or a Ranger will look good in the driveway next to it.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2020 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's officially revealed, but first, an ad and review...........of a 1978 Bronco.
https://www.caranddriver.co...ut-of-the-dark-ages/

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock