Started on: 07-07-2020 12:10 PM
Replies: 4 (109 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 07-07-2020 02:13 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2020 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And what happens. Interesting read.

https://thefreethoughtproje...rave-cop-leaks-video
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

And what happens. Interesting read.

https://thefreethoughtproje...rave-cop-leaks-video

On the face of it, it looks way worse than it seemed once I read it and started watching it. As the guy said... "I'm no doctor..." but it appeared as though he was chewing on / swallowing drugs to get rid of them and ended up OD'ing... which ultimately led him to fall unconscious, and likely led to his death. It looked like he was already starting to pass out before they even brought him into the car, and the way everything is worded, it seems like they were trying to suggest they were shoving a baton into his mouth to torture him. It looked to me like they were just trying to get something out of his mouth.

A policy failure, obviously, as they should have called ER immediately when they saw that he was beginning to become unresponsive (I don't know that they didn't)... but slapping him in the face to wake him up isn't such a big deal either. I dunno... tell me why I'm wrong? His mouth was open, he could have breathed at any point unless he was choking on the drugs when he fell unconscious (which he was before they started to try to pull the drugs out).

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2020 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, believe me after 3 years in the city I have no love for dopers.

It's the cover up that's the problem. Then the firing.

I see it virtually every day now during covid due to the sheer number of facebook groups I've had to join for marketing. The press releases from the cops and the story of those involved (and witnesses) are generally 2 different things, and most times it involves cops vastly overstepping boundaries, ignoring individual rights, and generally acting like jackbooted thugs.

One this morning is a couple were breaking up and the guy couldn't fit all his stuff in the truck so he destroyed the rest (his personal property ) rather than let her have it. Been there done that.

Cops version in the paper this morning is he is charged with mischief, vandalism and destruction of property. HUH? It's his to do as he pleases with. And none of theirs if he would rather destroy than donate it.

What it boils down to for most of what I see is they demand total and absolute power and authority and anyone who even thinks of questioning or resisting is off to a hurt locker. The very definition of a police state.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What it boils down to for most of what I see is they demand total and absolute power and authority and anyone who even thinks of questioning or resisting is off to a hurt locker. The very definition of a police state.

Somewhat agree. There are some that want to hear nothing but "Yes, Sir..." out of your face.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, believe me after 3 years in the city I have no love for dopers.

It's the cover up that's the problem. Then the firing.

I see it virtually every day now during covid due to the sheer number of facebook groups I've had to join for marketing. The press releases from the cops and the story of those involved (and witnesses) are generally 2 different things, and most times it involves cops vastly overstepping boundaries, ignoring individual rights, and generally acting like jackbooted thugs.

One this morning is a couple were breaking up and the guy couldn't fit all his stuff in the truck so he destroyed the rest (his personal property ) rather than let her have it. Been there done that.

Cops version in the paper this morning is he is charged with mischief, vandalism and destruction of property. HUH? It's his to do as he pleases with. And none of theirs if he would rather destroy than donate it.

I didn't see where he was fired? It said he was put on administrative leave. But that's totally normal when you're involved in an investigation (or perhaps even the cause of the investigation). It's to eliminate any form of impropriety, etc., let investigators do their job, etc.

But yeah, I've been hassled by police too a couple of times.

The most recent time, I was at a light, and started to accelerate. There was a female police officer next to me, and I guess she wasn't paying attention, and when she realized the light had turned green, she totally floored it, actually did a little bit of a peel out. Someone had dropped a bunch of sod in the street, so I went into the other lane (not hers) to avoid it, and then went back into my lane. She then pulled me over for failure to use a signal. She came out all aggressive and asked me why I was swearing in the road. I clearly pointed to the half-pallet of SOD that I avoided. I mean, the person on the left had even pulled away ahead of me I was driving so casually. But... I dunno... she saw someone in a sports car, well dressed, and had some kind of complex, who knows. She had nothing, and told me to drive safe and then drove away.

The other time was when I was younger. I was pulling into the bank parking lot with one of my friends. We were in the Fiero. As I pulled in, a van started to back up and backed into my Fiero, damaging the B pillar and front door. I was very pissed. It was an accident, sure... but I called the police to get a citation written up so his insurance would pay. The police show up, and I don't know what was going on. They talked with the guy who owned the van for like 10 minutes, and then came over to my car and said... "I SMELL MARIJUANA..."

Spoiler alert, I've never used drugs in my life (seriously). The officer told me to sit on the curb and he made both my friend and I sit on the curb while he basically tore my Fiero apart. he went through the trunk, opened the front hatch, moved the seats, took everything out. He found a 6000 STE steering wheel (I'd gotten it from the junkyard) that had all the steering wheel controls on it, and asked me where it came from, and questioned whether or not it was from a stolen car. Then he ran my tags and my registration.

Of course, he didn't find any drugs, and my registration came back clean. He was forced to write a citation to the guy with the van. My guess is... he probably saw me and figured... spoiled rich kid (which I was not) because I was wearing a polo shirt and nice shorts, and figured he'd help the guy out with the van (who obviously didn't have a lot of money). My assumption is that he assumed I had drugs on me, and that he'd say... "I'll let you go, and we'll call this even." or something like that.

Made me mad though because I never consented to him searching my car. He also made us sit on the curb with the police lights on, and multiple neighbors saw my friend and I sitting on the curb. You can never explain to your neighbors that you did nothing wrong, they will always assume you're trying to hide something.

Still... that doesn't mean I immediately jump to conclusions about what may or may not have happened in various situations.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock