Started on: 07-06-2020 01:33 PM
Replies: 8 (197 views)
Last post by: kslish on 07-07-2020 10:45 PM
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2020 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie Daniels Dead: Country Music Legend Dies at 83

------------------

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-06-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2020 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll say this......that man played his music right until the end and he lived one hell of a full life. No one can deny that.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2020 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I suspect a lot of us recall the following song when we think of Charlie Daniels.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2020 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I suspect a lot of us recall the following song when we think of Charlie Daniels.

"The Devil Went Down to Georgia" was indeed a great song, maybe his best, but back in the day, "Long Haired Country Boy" was kind of an anthem for some of us, even though we were suburbanites in reality, and "Uneasy Rider" went right along with it.

And then there was this gem, which would probably have ruined his career if he had done it in today's world of leftist driven "cancel culture" (again introduced by the ever obnoxious Ralph Emery)

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 07-06-2020).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2020 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P. Charlie...

Had several occasions to work with/for Charlie and his band when I was part of a sound rental company that provided stage sound for traveling artists.
We did three shows with Charlie, in different places in a two year span. He was a "regular" guy, a true Christian and a patriot, besides being a gifted musician, talented writer and great band leader.

Sometimes, before and/or after a show, he would sit around the "campfire" and shoot the breeze with us "peons" just like we were all the same.

Never forget one show where he put a "heckler" in his place with the following:

"You know son...I get paid a lot of money to stand up here and make a fool of myself...why you wanna stand down there and do it for free?"

Charlie was a goodn' and was one of those acts who was actually better live, in person, than what came from the studio.

He and Taz can go back to making some great music again now!

R.I.P. CD
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am a Rock N Roll fan, and a big fan of Charlie.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People will be listening to the CDB for many generations.

He will be long remembered, he left one heck of a mark on this world.

I saw him at the Darker County Fair in Greenville Ohio, maybe 30 years ago. Sat ten feet from where he played on stage. What a good time!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

People will be listening to the CDB for many generations.

He will be long remembered, he left one heck of a mark on this world.

I saw him at the Darker County Fair in Greenville Ohio, maybe 30 years ago. Sat ten feet from where he played on stage. What a good time!

I got to see him at the Arizona State Fair about 40 years ago. He finished with a whole set of gospel music. There was no one else like him.
kslish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2020 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kslishSend a Private Message to kslishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Put on one heck of a live show at the Scioto County Fair in Lucasville, Ohio (in the early '90's if I remember right....)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock